PDA

View Full Version : GC: Yes, it's another one of THOSE posts ...

FSOD_Victim
Jan 24, 2003, 11:04 AM
Well, last night I was minding my own business on Antares 8 and having a lot of fun since I had just reached the level 80 mark for playing ultimate mode last weekend. I played with three groups and NONE of them were using duped uber rares so I was on cloud nine. Then, before I go to bed, I decide to play with a group of three in Episode 1 Ultimate to try and find some rares and something horrible happens. While I am joining the team, the game freezes and makes this horrible buzzing noise. I'm not really worried because it has happen COUNTLESS times before, but I am a little sad because I think I'll be losing two mind mats and a vulcan with good percentages. Anyways, when I restart the Gamecube and load PSO, I get this error that says my save file is corrupt and asks yes or no if I want to delete it. I try to say no and the screen just resets and puts the cursor on YES. I have no choice, so I delete the file. I don't get it. I'm frozen online so many times and this has never happened before. It must be the new way that the game saves online. That's the only reason I can see for this. The sad part is that this was meant to punish dupers and ironically it has corrupted a LEGIT's files. I lost all three of my characters which amounts to over 250+ hrs of gameplay mostly over Christmas break and two level 200 mags. My brother wants me to play again and has offered to share some items, but I don't think I will. I mean, I've lost the guild cards to all my friends that I made so I'll have to find them all over again. I've lost all my items and characters which was a huge investment in time. The game is fun and that's why I played it so much especially online, but we all have to admit the whole goal of it is to make your character stronger by leveling up and finding rare items. I mean, what is the point in investing your time into something like this when your work can be corrupted at random intervals? SonicTeam has just lost one valuable customer since ver 1, but I'm sure they don't care. Their biggest customers right now are dupers and the soon to be cheat device users. So I guess I'll retire my characters ... It's been fun guys. I'd like to close with saying that I've read other posts like this and thought it would never happen to me. IT IS FOR REAL! It's only a matter of time before everyone gets some ISP lag or whatever causes this while the game is autosaving. I mean, statistically, it will happen to just about everyone and thanks to Sonic Team there is no way to back up our files. Goodbye! It's about time I finished Parasite Eve 2 anyways.

1tchycatfish (Pinkal) FOnewearl
Spikycatfish (Purplenum)HUnewearl
Aimycatfish (Redria_ RAmarl

Elusive_Llama
Jan 24, 2003, 01:14 PM
Sorry to hear that happened to you, and thanks for the confirmation.

I hope ST does something about this...duping ain't so bad compared to losing all your characters.

Eden
Jan 24, 2003, 01:17 PM
i wont be playing in many games until they fix this

Sedyne
Jan 24, 2003, 06:07 PM
Isn't starting over fun ^_^ use a new class

Jkid
Jan 24, 2003, 07:23 PM
And their english website section,it's useless like a piece of wood!

Tavia
Jan 24, 2003, 07:36 PM
On 2003-01-24 16:23, Jkid wrote:
And their english website section,it's useless like a piece of wood!

Since when is a piece of wood useless? Foo'. Wood's got power.

Kupi
Jan 24, 2003, 07:38 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'll take a ruined item economy over a standing threat to my character files any day.