PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Power Posters

SuperChoco
Jun 5, 2008, 10:03 PM
Today in the mail I got my normal issue(Castlevania one) and with it, NP sent me 40 posters!(20 pages, they're back to back) They said that instead of getting the LoZ:Phantom Hourglass guide, I received these posters.

These posters are awesome and definately remind me of the older NPs with those kind of posters except these were easier to take out.

So did anyone else get one of these? If you did, what is your favorite?
Mine would be the Galaxy one showcasing all of the bosses and the Mario Kart Wii race one.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 5, 2008, 10:04 PM
*was an EGM subscriber* :sad:

Weeaboolits
Jun 5, 2008, 10:45 PM
I don't have a subscription anymore, though a poster run in Nintendo Power is what got me into PSO in the first place.

Kion
Jun 5, 2008, 11:02 PM
up until microsoft paid them off? I canceled my subscription because i got so pissed off at every other word being "halo". NP i stopped getting from changes they made to the layout, and being from a biased source the information isn't always reliable. Over all internets > magazines as i'd rather see the trailer for myself than a couple pictures with two pages of "thoughts" on it.

Cool you got the posters. any ones that stand out?

Monochrome
Jun 5, 2008, 11:26 PM
Yeah, I saw this on the newsstand and was going to pick it up until I noticed the $9.99 down by the barcode. There are definitely some cool posters in there (Sonic RPG, Mario Galaxy, Metroid, Zelda, etc..) but my apartment has already reached its max level for geekiness.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=44740 click on the pic and the cover shows some of the cooler posters around Mario

Getintothegame
Jun 5, 2008, 11:30 PM
Yeah, I've got a PSO Ep3 poster from them awhile back. I was going to bid on a PSO Ep1 and 2 poster, but didn't. I wish I would have!

Weeaboolits
Jun 5, 2008, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I've got a PSO Ep3 poster from them awhile back.

That's the one. After I saw it, I remembered seeing an ep1&2 article and decided to check it out.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 6, 2008, 01:14 AM

ya, they've gone downhill over the years. I'm glad I ditched it too.

Monochrome
Jun 6, 2008, 02:11 AM

..might as well join the hate machine and agree, EGM's "content" reads more like a console dedicated message board, full of angry superfans. I gave up after the issue #200 special. Do they need to call some portion of gamers 'geeks, nerds' or address their core gaming audience as 'having no life' in every mag??

I still buy Nintendo Power whenever they have an issue with a solid feature or two. Subscribed to Play Magazine for the last 2 years. I'll take 'positively' biased magazines over negative ones.

I guess it's cool they released the poster collection at retail in the first place... still I wish it had come polybagged with a rubberband holding it all together instead of staples ya gotta pry out carefully. That would have equaled insta-sell despite the price tag.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 6, 2008, 02:22 AM
I remember Nintendo Power...vaguely. They used to be awesome before the Internet was so widespread. I still read NP for a while even after having a Genesis (and not an SNES) to see SOME of what I was missing. Well...guess I didn't miss much since I hardly remember it at all aside from Mega Man X, Star Fox (aged like shit), F Zero and Super Mario Kart(eww Mode 7 looks HORRIBLE with everything being all flat!). :P

http://www.screwattack.com/AVGN/2007/NintendoPower

Frana
Jun 6, 2008, 08:49 PM

Last issue I got had SOnic Heroes on the cover. Picked up one a week ago, and I'm like, "what the hell is this?" IT's just not the same...Like G4...

Weeaboolits
Jun 7, 2008, 05:55 PM
The last issue of EGM I bought was the one with the cover story about the upcoming Online Action RPG by Sega! o: