8. American studies
7. Music therapy
6. Communications
5. Dance
4. English lit
3. Latin
2. Film
1. Religion

For the comprehension impaired, this article is not meant to be taken seriously.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 6, 2008, 12:46 PM
According to their actual explanation of this major: “Music therapy is the scientific application of the art of music within a therapeutic relationship to meet the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs of individuals.” Which is a big, fancy way of saying “We’ll teach you how to make a mix tape.”

I cracked up.

Que the bitching. :wacko:

Shadowpawn
Jun 6, 2008, 12:50 PM
Even though it's a joke article, the only one I actually agree with is Latin. Seriously, how many jobs can you get with a degree in Latin?

CupOfCoffee
Jun 6, 2008, 01:27 PM
Pahaha. All my art history professors have indeed had that dull, haunted look in their eyes that usually says "I majored in Art History." Also my good friend is a film major and would almost definitely agree to its place on the list.

Kent
Jun 6, 2008, 02:12 PM
Even though it's a joke article, the only one I actually agree with is Latin. Seriously, how many jobs can you get with a degree in Latin?

You could be the person who translates the lyrics of orchastrated Final Fantasy boss fight music.

RuneLateralus
Jun 6, 2008, 03:14 PM
I can vouch for the film one.

Abashi76
Jun 6, 2008, 03:48 PM
A few of those ought to be classes rather than majors (eg: art history).

Zantra
Jun 6, 2008, 04:13 PM
What about Basket Weaving?

My Mom's co-worker has 2 BA's in Basket Weaving.

Eihwaz
Jun 6, 2008, 04:28 PM
Well, given what the classes are like, I'd rather be a film major than a business major. >_>;

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 6, 2008, 05:43 PM
Funny article. Good thing MY major isn't there (Asian Studies) XD

Solstis
Jun 6, 2008, 06:09 PM
Yay for entry-level jobs (English Lit). Okay, I have to find one, but still.

amtalx
Jun 6, 2008, 06:15 PM
Once you've had enough jobs to bury your degree at the bottom of your resume by years of experience, it won't matter much.