PDA

View Full Version : HUmar or HUcast

burning_card
Jun 7, 2008, 12:33 AM
I'm having a tough time choosing. One the one side the HUcast looks cool, has great ATP and DFP, great traps, and the HP he has is awesome. On the other hand the HUmar as Resta and J&Z, mix them with the S&D the mag gives and it's great, though i'm not sure if the mix will make him close to the HUcast's power(this is for solo runs offline BTW) and hisATA is great.

I can't really make a choise, any opinions to help me?

I've already got a RAmarl, a RAcast, and a FOmarl. I love them all and think they are the best characters for my play style, but the HU's i can't choose between the two, and the female hunters i won't use since my wife is using them and i want to use something different then she is.

Ketchup345
Jun 7, 2008, 12:39 AM
A difference in ATA is probably more noticeable than a difference in ATP. Do you find from your rangers that you like traps or techs more?

Assuming the Shifta/Deband from the Mag are equal, the HUcast will have more ATP.

burning_card
Jun 7, 2008, 12:46 AM
Hmm, traps or techs...that's a tough one too. I like traps but i think Resta is pretty nice.

Here is a question, is the difference of ATP and DFP a huge difference? What i mean is will the HUmar be able to keep up in the ATP department and DFP department. I liked the HUcast in ULTS because of henever got beaten up too much, and his ATP was godly. I've had a lot of experiance with HUcast's, but i've never even used a HUmar past lvl 25...you see where i'm at...sort of been playing for years and i'm not sure if i'll like the change.

Pballer42
Jun 7, 2008, 01:51 AM
well personally i like being able to use techs. based on the way i play it just saves me from having to alwayz remeber to stock up on mates. i can just get a few fluids and be able to almost fully support myself

i guess it just depends on what you want to do

beatrixkiddo
Jun 7, 2008, 01:52 AM
If you're a poor player who needs Resta, go with HUmar. If you know how to actually dodge or use traps and specials to avoid taking damage, try HUcast.

AlexCraig
Jun 7, 2008, 02:13 AM
You are used to playing as rangers and a force. Classes that are generally in the background. A hunter is in the foreground. They take the heavy hits and the status ailments. As such, you need to know what is best for you.

HUmar: Balanced stats, ability to use techs.
Since you can use techs, you can use Resta to heal your HP when it gets diminished. With Anti, you recover from various status ailments. With Jellen and Zalure, you decrease the stats of the enemies you fight so that they do less.

HUcast: Great DFP and ATP. Ability to use traps.
As you cannot use techs, you cannot recover with Resta. You will need to use mates and mates alone. Howeverm you can use the auto-heal function just by mulling about for a bit. Most status ailments won't affect you, so there is little need for Anti. And the traps you get can forestall the enemies you fight.

All in all, the two are pretty even in most respects. Which one you want and how you play it is what makes the difference.

Magus_84
Jun 7, 2008, 02:15 AM
Humar Zalure isn't enough to make up for Hucast's massive ATP advantage.

Humar has a higher mat limit, so he can raise his stats a bit faster, but if you give them equal materials, Hucast will always be higher. The only way Humar would win in ATP is if you fully matted him out and compared him to an unmatted Hucast of the same level.

Humar's simpler to play in the early game (Normal-Very Hard), as he hits hard enough to kill most enemies pretty fast, and he has Resta. Resta enables him to win the long, drawn-out slugfests with ease (like the first fights with any boss on a difficulty). He also has faster ATA growth.

However...Hucast eventually ends up drastically outmatching him in pretty much every area. Hucast's main weakness is his ATA, but he has two things that can easily make up for that. One is his Freeze Traps. Freeze Traps drop enemy EVP by roughly one third, raising your accuracy by about that amount. Basically, a Freeze-Trapped enemy is a dead enemy. Hucast has the best Freeze Trap (and Confuse Trap) growth in the game. These give him a far higher "effective" ATA in Ultimate, as he can drop the EVP of any enemy he has trouble hitting, almost at will. His high growth means that after about level 120, you won't be worrying about running out of traps unless you're using one on each spawn.

The second option is a shield called S-Parts ver 2.01. It's an incredibly hard drop, but it's very easy to hunt (drops in Normal Mines for some IDs, check the listings here). It adds 15 ATA to Hucast's modified total, which is a far bigger benefit than it first may seem. It's basically adding 15% hit to every weapon you use. It's droid-only, though.

The defensive stats aren't that great, but (unless you're up against Megid), HP is the best defensive stat. And Hucast wins that contest. DFP isn't that useful unless you have both Deband and Jellen able to be up all the time, which neither of them do. Neither of them have a high enough max EVP for it to matter.

In Ultimate, Humar has a far harder time than Hucast. Hucast starts off stronger, and has the ability to nullify groups of grunts with Confuse Traps, or immobilize stronger enemies with Freeze Traps, allowing him to attack with impunity. Humar still just has his Resta, and a Zalure that ends up making him still weaker than Hucast after it's applied.

These differences will only really show up in the harder areas, like Seabed, CCA and Tower. Or the occasional bad run-in with a Baranz. If you stick to Ep 1, Humar's "win by attrition" style of play will work pretty well for you. If you're more ruthless, Hucast's "RAWR SMASH THEM ALL" will typically be more effective. But if you don't take advantage of that power by using appropriate weapons (Slicers, Mechs, Double Sabers, Swords, Partisans...basically stuff that either hits multiple enemies or hits multiple times), Hucast's real power doesn't show through.

Not saying it's "impossible" to do those harder areas with a Humar. It's just considerably more annoying. Your mileage may vary.

burning_card
Jun 7, 2008, 03:07 AM
Hmm, well i've had a HUcast at lvl 167...card corrupted though so i'm sort of starting scratch. I'm loving my FOmarl and RAcast at the momment, haven't triedthe RAmarl...but she seems like she will be great after a lot of work...but i miss my HUcast, just thought about a HUmar for a momment.

I thought about the RAmar for a second to compare the techs (i had a RAmar too, but i made a RAmarl instead of him, and a FOmarl instead of a FOmar...i know it's an odd choice but the ability to use the angel harp and her great animations with her weapons make her pretty awesome, people just don't look past her stats)
I remembered that the RAmar had resta but had to use it a few times to heal all the way, which in some cases an enemy would hit HARD (DF...sometimes you only have those two points of health left) andusually it would kill me cause i didn't have time to heal a lot.

I think i'll stick to the HUcast. I loved the stats and the need for hit isn't that bad. Traps are great the morei think on it, and lvl 15 J&Z just isn't appealing.

Plus...i made him as big as the Hulk and i think that's friggen awesome.

thanks for the opinions.

3---Hit---U
Jun 7, 2008, 10:05 PM
Burning!

I thought I lost you XD

I prefer a hucast too, I have one made already :P

If you're more ruthless, Hucast's "RAWR SMASH THEM ALL" will typically be more effective.

Rofl XD

SStrikerR
Jun 7, 2008, 11:01 PM
Well as an"experienced" Humar user, I'd have to say that the win by attrition is definately a big factor in this.
With a HUmar it'll probably take another 2-3 hits and when facing big groups this is a big problem you may face. Jellen and Zalure...well they really don't help much at all imo. Against big enemies HUmars typically dont have a problem unless they:
1)Are paralyzed (You're screwed)
2)Are 1hko'd.
or 3)dn't deal enough damage to "stun the enemy", meaning your attacks against a hildelt wont stop it front wailing and possibly denting your face.

HUcasts...well, in Ultimate they do miss sometimes, but it's not a problem if you have some good arm units and a mag with decent dex. The traps are a lifesaver at times, but you have to know that you can't always depend on them. There are some situations where you really NEED to have a bit of skill. More or less though, HUcast is prbably easier to solo with, and you said you've had one in ultimate before. Personally I think you should raise a HUmar into ult and then decide which you like better, because in the end ultimate is where you'll be.

Lance813
Jun 7, 2008, 11:05 PM
in long boss fights Resta helps tons

anti is like what... 7 Tp to use..

all techs save S/D Grants and Megid = sweet

Taleck
Jun 7, 2008, 11:19 PM
HUcast with a RATI and your good.

HUcast Pwns. HUmar eats it. In my opinion. I just hate using magic though. :lol:

Rob19
Jun 8, 2008, 12:40 AM
its always going to be a personal preference, but fact is, hucast is better. sure you may not be able to keep alive very well in drawn out boss battles (depending on your skill in not dying/getting hit), but outside of bosses, hucasts can truly own humar. yes, they need s-parts, especially if you don't have some decent/high end gear, but overall they are better in just about every sense. i've played a humar to 200, and have become decently skilled with it (imo) and have tons of fun still playing with him, but i can't ignore facts, once hucast gets to that level where it and humar's atp coincide,there is no doubt hucast is better. i have a hucast at 167 right now, and he can solo pretty dang good, even online. if your offline (which it sounds like), you'll have an even easier time with a hucast. :)

but i have to say, playing a humar well, is great fun in itself :D

Taleck
Jun 8, 2008, 12:46 AM
its always going to be a personal preference, but fact is, hucast is better. sure you may not be able to keep alive very well in drawn out boss battles (depending on your skill in not dying/getting hit), but outside of bosses, hucasts can truly own humar. yes, they need s-parts, especially if you don't have some decent/high end gear, but overall they are better in just about every sense. i've played a humar to 200, and have become decently skilled with it (imo) and have tons of fun still playing with him, but i can't ignore facts, once hucast gets to that level where it and humar's atp coincide,there is no doubt hucast is better. i have a hucast at 167 right now, and he can solo pretty dang good, even online. if your offline (which it sounds like), you'll have an even easier time with a hucast. :)

but i have to say, playing a humar well, is great fun in itself :D

Yeah, I don't solo online.

I only solo when I have too and it's still easy. Just get a guard wave and something else. :lol:

But listen to Rob, he's pretty much a genious when it comes to this game.

Splash
Jun 8, 2008, 01:38 AM
HUmar techs are useless and they do not even matter in the long run. Resta heals too little to matter. Jellen/Zalure doesn't reduce the effect that much. And the attack techs are all low damage due to his low MST.

What it comes down to is a HUcast with more ATA and no traps. HUmar excels in Normal-Very Hard difficulty, then all of a sudden, you fall flat on your face in Ulitmate due to lack of ATA and high EVP on monsters. Jellen/Zalure doesn't even save you that well. In general, that means they are really terrible at soloing.

On a team though with a person who can use Shifta and Deband, HUmars just clash everything, making it a comparable match to a HUcast. In Challenge Mode, HUmars are definitely one of the upper advantage class there are and its MST in the beginning will allow usage of some techs which may help out in combat.

The only definite advantage of a HUmar is the ability to use a Holy Ray, a MST-based weapon which has a range of a rifle. That is basically what makes HUmars fight more easily than what a HUcast can, especially in Control Tower. Holy Ray is a god-send in that and HUcasts do not have the ability to use the weapon, making them more dangerous in Tower. Even with their Freeze Traps, it is still risky to run in and attack.

burning_card
Jun 11, 2008, 03:10 AM
I've ended up making the HUcast. I'm more used to that character and he's never been bad, so i guess i'll just play with what i'm used to. I love the stats he gets, and the trap use he has seems to be better than the techs that the HUmar gets. In the end it won't matter who i choose, just as long as i have fun with them. (Plus i made him huge, so the whole RAWR!!! attitude feels rightwith him...plus his name is Sloth)

---EDIT

Well i'm hapy with the HUcast so far. Justgot into Very Hard at lvl 32. Sort of higher than i expected but still good, i sort of like to rush to Ults. I'm trying to get the Skyly into higher levels just for the units it gets (god arms powers, and body's are great to have)

I think i made the better choice.

Pballer42
Jun 12, 2008, 12:52 PM
if u have extra time and or space you should make a humar too juss for fun to see how you like it. it wouldnt really hurt

burning_card
Jun 12, 2008, 03:39 PM
I've only got two memory cards, and my wife has used the oter one for her characters. I'm working with a HUcast, RAmarl, RAcast, and a FOmarl. I only wantto use the 4, so i probably won't HUmar's just don't appeal to me too much...they are great, but it's actually the appearance. (I like how the HUcast looks much better, you know?)

I probably wouldn't mind one.

Dragwind
Jun 12, 2008, 06:07 PM
I've played both, but quite differently. For the humar, I like being able to use some techs for tagging, and healing if needed.

For the Hucast, I enjoy the power, but moreso the traps.

I have to side that in terms of damage, there wasn't a huge difference, but accuracy is noticeable. I'd try to get more hit stat based weapons on hucast if you can.

Nice thing though is the ability to get god/arms with somewhat ease though.

AlexCraig
Jun 12, 2008, 06:49 PM
Heh, get another memory card and you can make 4 more characters. :wacko:
That's what I did.

Taleck
Jun 12, 2008, 06:53 PM
HUcast's players eat HUney combs for breakfast. :lol: Quote by me.