PDA

View Full Version : WWhat's everyone's problem with FOmarl's?

burning_card
Jun 8, 2008, 02:54 AM
I've heard a lot of negatives about the FOmarl from almost every player i've spoken to about the FOmarl...what's the deal? I've used her a lot and have felt that her Melee abilities are great, mainly because her HP and DFP are high for a force, but her animations on certain weapons (Sabers, Inferno Bazooka, Rods, etc) are very proficient in cobat, and her ATP is still pretty high. Her ability to use lvl 30 S&D plus J&Z, the angel harp, and her higher ATA over the FOmar makes her awesome. I always looked at the two as the FOmarl is more of the ranger type force, since she has the resta and anti range, grants bonus (long range) and her ability with guns and her decent ATA.

The FOmar is more of the hunter type with his power and his better close combat abilities.

So why do people think she sucks? Or is it that they don't have experiance with her? (She's only good at high levels though, 100+...it takes time to make her usefull but she's so fun to play as!)

Magus_84
Jun 8, 2008, 03:18 AM
Or is it that they don't have experience with her?

Probably this. She's arguably the easiest Force to use online or in offline multiplayer, since she has all the support boosts, and the highest HP/DFP. She also has arguably the best Slicer animation in the game, though she pays for it with nerfed animations on some other weapons (I'm looking at you, Daggers. Dishonorable mention goes to Handguns.) Since most people who want a "melee" Force are unable to get past the idea of "OMG SWORDS AND MAGICKS = TEH WIN", they typically use a Saber, run up and get killed. While that's utterly idiotic in the first place, Fomarl's slowest-in-game Saber animation makes it even worse.

Other than that...she lacks boosts to any of the broadly usable attack techs. Most first-time Force users labor under the misconception that attack techs will work as well in Ultimate as they do in Normal-Very Hard, so they place a lot of emphasis on being able to nuke. Fomarl has the lowest max MST and no inherent boosts to attack techs, so she's usually the last one you'd pick for offensive tech usage. Despite the fact that she beats Fomar in MST growth for the first part of the game.

There's also appearance issues. She's not a scantily clad ho (Hunewearl), a robo-maid (Racaseal), a robo-ninja (Hucaseal), a gangsta' (Ramarl) or half-clothed jailbait (Fonewearl). The fetish trends those represent tend to have a far broader representation than Fomarl's "soccer mom in a wedding dress" style. That, and she has no really good (read: halfway decent) hair/hat options. >_>

I had a Fomar on GC. Loved using him. Went to BB, decided to make a Fomarl. Got her to about 140, then got bored with her. I don't like Slicers that much, and her support boosts almost made things too easy. I ended up keeping her and making another Fomar.

Splash
Jun 8, 2008, 03:36 AM
Because like the HUmar, she doesn't excel in anything. She is not a better melee person than a FOmar, nor is she a better casting person like a FOnewn or a FOnewearl. The Shifta/Deband/Anti/Resta double range she gets is only helpful on teams and the Grants boost is mildly useless considering how Grants is rarely used.

As a casting person, she is just average. FOmarl's low MST and the fact that she does not get any boost from any majorly used attack techs makes clearing Ultimate very difficult. Like other Forces, she can clear Normal-Very Hard difficulty with ease. Then you get to Ultimate and all you really can do is just 100 damage on monsters with their respective tech weaknesses. The only helpful things she can do is support the team in a room without moving a single step. If you are soloing, then this just becomes useless.

As a melee person, she is better at this but does not match FOmar's potential. She has higher stats in ATA and DFP but the damage output is ridiculously low in the beginning due to lack of high level Shifta. Then you get to Ultimate and Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure just becomes everything you need, dishing out more damage than you would be when you are casting techs. She also has a broad range of weapons to help with this, but comparingly to FOmar, none of them will actually deal more damage than him.

In Challenge Mode, FOmarl are the last Force choices since she is terrible at damaging in both aspects. She is also a human and has no other benefits as such.

I still like the FOmarl for the challenge though and that is why I chose her as my Force character. She is still a decent character to play with, and because very little people actually use her, it makes my FOmarl look more special.

burning_card
Jun 9, 2008, 12:24 AM
I still personally think that the FOmarl is equal to a FOmar in melee ability. The only reason is as i said, you have to play her differently but she can still bejust as effective with just using weapons and not magic (save for the buffs and de-buff skills)

She won't be able to damage up close the same but her mixture of ranged attacks makes her pretty trippy to use if you figure her out. I loved my FOmar when i ran ults seabeds, but the FOmarl seems to have a lot of ease if you use certain weapons (as i said, angel harp and the inferno...just have to get hit on them...but that's to be said about both character's and their weapons)

FOmar can solo easier though, just because of his attack tech bonus and his power. I just don't think the FOmarl is really understood to the level that she can be used with.

Splash
Jun 9, 2008, 02:32 AM
The speed of shooting the Inferno Bazooka on a FOmarl is irrevelant. Sure, it is a plus for her, but it is not great as a primary weapon for combat. Angel Harp is the only bonus for her, but the drop rate is ridiculous, lesser be one with hit. Holy Ray takes care of the long range issue and the drop rate is actually more sensible.

FOmarl also can only choose one side and can only stick with it throughout. Do you want one that is a caster or a melee person? She gets no benefit from attack techs other than Grants, which is rarely used anyways. And her max ATP is about 200 off from a FOmar's max ATP. If she is placed in balance between casting and meleeing, it makes her as a character very weak, comparingly to FOmar, where he can choose either and can still damage decently.

And again, the only plus side she gets are on teams in which her support techs become useful. As a solo person, she is just mediocre at it. Double range support techs doesn't benefit herself so they ultimately become useless when soloing. Grants is a single-target attack tech, which does great damage but takes very slow to cast. You can probably RA tech everything quicker.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 9, 2008, 04:30 AM
My mom(Yes, my mother plays PSO) uses a FOmarl, and she's really good with her. It's more melee, but due to always giving her mags moons or fluids, she has great MST. Also, with 3 characters in Ulty, we can find high level disks as well.

Don't worry, FOmarl is a good class to use, just takes the know how and getting used to.

Freeze
Jun 9, 2008, 08:17 AM
I have a FOmarl and love to play her. Don't listen to negatives she's a good force just like the others.

CelestialBlade
Jun 9, 2008, 10:13 AM
The problem with FOmarls is that there really isn't a place for them in most people's minds. If I want a Force/Ranger I'm going to go with RAmarl, if I want a Force/Hunter I'll stick with FOmar, and if I want a Force/Force it's FOnewearl all the way.

The overlooked aspect of FOmarls is how balanced they are. If you really don't want to be decisive and you like having that added bonus of increased support tech range, it's the class for you. Or if you prefer a female character, she isn't all that different from a FOmar in reality. PSO is not that hard of a game, it hardly matters in the end.

Remember, since she's Human she gets 250 maximum Material potential. Her max MST will still be capped obviously, but it can make those sub-100 levels much easier. I'd say it's probably easier to max all her stats versus maxing a FOnewearl, but I don't have a lot of Force experience myself.

TsukasaDCX
Jun 9, 2008, 12:41 PM
BECAUSE SHES A WOMAAAAAAN
i kid

MsNerddo1
Jun 9, 2008, 01:28 PM
There's also appearance issues. She's not a scantily clad ho (Hunewearl), a robo-maid (Racaseal), a robo-ninja (Hucaseal), a gangsta' (Ramarl) or half-clothed jailbait (Fonewearl). The fetish trends those represent tend to have a far broader representation than Fomarl's "soccer mom in a wedding dress" style. That, and she has no really good (read: halfway decent) hair/hat options. >_>

L O L
"Soccer mom in a wedding dress" I love it!

CelestialBlade
Jun 9, 2008, 03:13 PM
Dude, ever seen a soccer mom on a cell phone driving an SUV?

Force to be reckoned with.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 9, 2008, 05:11 PM
I was gonna mention...FOneys are ugly. >_>;

burning_card
Jun 11, 2008, 02:38 AM
The speed of shooting the Inferno Bazooka on a FOmarl is irrevelant. Sure, it is a plus for her, but it is not great as a primary weapon for combat. Angel Harp is the only bonus for her, but the drop rate is ridiculous, lesser be one with hit. Holy Ray takes care of the long range issue and the drop rate is actually more sensible.

Inferno Bazooka is a great primary weapon for melee. Personally i've used it in ult seabeds and thought it to be a great weapon with it special. The problem is that it needs an extreme ammount of hit to be useful, but it's drops aren't too crazy and it can be done. The thin about the drops is just that ifyou take the time to really look for good stats on the weapon it will pay off for the FOmarl in the end. It sucks for the FOmar since he still has the same slow shot rate and his ATA is lower wichmakes it much harder for him to make use of it.

As far as the angel harp drop rate it isn't bad at all. I never had trouble finding it, ven with hit. But as i said before, you have to really be patient for it to come out in the end. Yes, it won't drop in an hour, but if you look for it in a week stretch you will eventually find one with great %'s and it will pay off...just depends on how badly you want to have it.

FOmarl also can only choose one side and can only stick with it throughout. Do you want one that is a caster or a melee person? She gets no benefit from attack techs other than Grants, which is rarely used anyways. And her max ATP is about 200 off from a FOmar's max ATP. If she is placed in balance between casting and meleeing, it makes her as a character very weak, comparingly to FOmar, where he can choose either and can still damage decently

Not true in any way. I recall having a FOmar at about level 80 that was able to rip through ults in episode 1. The only stat that was maxed ended up being his garbage ATA (wich the FOmarl's slight increase does make a huge difference even though the stat difference isn't huge) and the rest of his stats at that level, a FOmarl can easily obtain. I guess if you're working with lower levels she won't be as great as a FOmar, but at high levels (150+) the differences with her start to become more noticeable. Her HP difference is great and she has a bit higher DFP (which is useless IMO) BUt the ATP and MST difference isn't at all that big of a deal. Yes the FOmar has a higher ability but the FOmarl has a wider weapon selection (she actually gets more weapons than the FOmar, but he gets one or two exclusives over her)

If you really try her out you would understand how to look past what the text stats show and see how she actually plays. The FOmarl maxes very easily because of her balanced stats, which leaves her open to use a God Battle, Cure Units, and her single maxing unit. A God Battle, a cure unit, and a resist ends up making her much more reliable than just a grunt force that can deal a bit ore damage. The power difference isn't even that high. The FOmar does hit about 60-80 points of damage more per hit, but the FOmarl has a higher ATA and has much more use with ranged weapons and her certain animations make her VERY unique. Someone has said she has a bad saber but i feel that they haven't learned to actually USE it...in my opinion it's one of the best in the game, just a bit unusual.

And again, the only plus side she gets are on teams in which her support techs become useful. As a solo person, she is just mediocre at it. Double range support techs doesn't benefit herself so they ultimately become useless when soloing. Grants is a single-target attack tech, which does great damage but takes very slow to cast. You can probably RA tech everything quicker.

That is true, her tech bonuses are bad for Solo , but she's useful in the team status. I don't feel that her grants is bad at all considering that you can rip through ep 2 with that technique, and it's a great tech to make use of with practice...but her lack of bonus in other techs kinda become a drawback...though she IS still a force and does a massive damage with her techs none the less, it just takes her time...but she has a much better growth in MST than a FOmar. (as far as the PSO world stat charts show) but in the end both can do pretty much the same damage with their RA tech's, the FOmar just gets the great boost for GI.

If you use grants when it's really needed you'll find that larger enemies are usually destroyed by the tech. It makes those big fights against single enemies a breeze, and since PSO isn't really a difficult game either way, the range it has is great since the enemies don't really detect that you're there until you're close to them.

I've never had a problem with her techs and still feel she's a very unique character...but people just haven't tried to figure her out since she's lacking as far as the stats on paper show.

Uncle_bob
Jun 11, 2008, 03:07 AM
Fomarl was my favorite class in PSO. Sure, she was near usless for offensive techniques compared to the other 3 forces, but she was still fun to use. 2x range for support techs, better ATA than fomars (though not really that much, decent ATP and DFP.

There weren't many situations where I felt useless. Buff team mates, debuff enemies and run in with a Red Saber or Agito (1983 was the best one non-hunters could use, I think) to melee. Or if I wanted to stay at a distance I had a 75% hit Inferno Bazooka. Best thing I ever found, it was pretty crazy having over 400 ATA with it.

burning_card
Jun 11, 2008, 03:15 AM
Yeah she is great. By no means is she better than the FOmar, but i think the two are equal in usefulness.

Ithildin
Jun 11, 2008, 10:55 AM
Oh Gawd, do not incure the wrath of Splash... Here we go...

Nitro Vordex
Jun 11, 2008, 01:53 PM
How can an Inferno Bazooka be melee, if it's ranged? ;/

Jaspaller
Jun 11, 2008, 02:05 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Also
inb4nobelprizewinningbookbysplash

Magus_84
Jun 11, 2008, 03:52 PM
How can an Inferno Bazooka be melee, if it's ranged? ;/

It's shorthand. Because Sega, in their infinite wisdom, made two design decisions:

1. Ranged (guns) and melee (non-guns, including bashing things with Force weapons) work off the same stats. ATA, ATP, LCK. Especially for a Force, you're going to want to max all of these if you plan to use weapons. So the stuff you'd max for hitting things with a saber is the same you'd max for using a mechgun. Which leads me into point 2.

2. For the same purpose (killing something til it dies), guns are generally 347,294x better at the same task than "melee". At least, with the weapons Forces have available to them, and the lack of any ranged-resistant or range-immune enemies in Ep1 & 2. This is somewhat fixed with Satellite Lizards and Yowies in Episode 4, but they have a severe vulnerability to techs, compared to most other enemies (Read: they have resistances less than 80% on a useful tech).

Oh, and a post from the first page: Fomarl's the easiest Force to max if you want to max everything (can do it with one unit). She's roughly tied with Fomar if you're smart and ignore EVP, as neither of them have a maximum high enough to make a difference on anything. There's a reason they stop gaining EVP naturally well before 200.

Foney, on the other hand, is the hardest to max. Her massive MST score is a black hole. Unlike Hucast's ATP though, it's a black hole that doesn't really differ much in in-game performance from base to max.

Slicers are better damage-wise (y helo thar Charge, the most brokenly powerful thing in PSO) and safety wise (you aren't in Partisan range with your crap ATA, so a miss doesn't immediately get you nailed) for groups. Mechguns kill faster than any other weapon option in the game once you have the stats to back them up. Very high % melee can sometimes almost catch them, or melee at low levels, when a weapon's ATP boost is more a portion of your total ATA. But then the mech user can use Charge, or something. Multiplication owns addition, generally.

So in the sense of "what stats do I need to max to kill things with violence", both "melee" and "ranged" are using the same stats, with different weapon choices. "Melee" is typically used to describe the use of both, as saying "ranged" implies to some people that you're just going to boost your ATA and use specials. Which, aside from Demon's, is damned near impossible for an Ep1&2 Force.

But then you get the people who get stuck up on "WHOAMG GUN IS NOT MELEE", when they're ignoring the entire point of the description. You can switch from a beatstick to a gun in no time flat. You can't undo material usage.

Oh, and from the first page: Fomarl's far easier to max than Foney. As in "Fomarl can do it with one unit, or can do it without units if she ignores her lowest-in-game EVP score, a stat that only has concrete benefits in boosting if you're one of the three highest EVP classes". Compared to Foney, who literally can't max everything. Her massive MST is a black hole.

burning_card
Jun 11, 2008, 04:13 PM
The above post pretty much explains why i say ranged weaponsstill count as a melee type. The FOmarl really doesn't have the chances to use hunter type weapons but her melee damage stats still become great if you use her with ranged melee. It's all based on the same stat so using the inferno still causes as much damage you would need, just the same as a saber type or something.

Oh Gawd, do not incure the wrath of Splash... Here we go...

Lol, it IS okay to disagree with someone, doesn't mean i'm trying to start an argument. I just haven't made adiscussion in a long time and i wanted to post my opinions on the character...she isa good character, justas good as the FOmar.

Splash
Jun 12, 2008, 01:05 AM
Heh, people were expecting me? This is going to be shorter considering how he got his point across (less quotes ftw).

Inferno Bazooka is a great primary weapon for melee. Personally i've used it in ult seabeds and thought it to be a great weapon with it special. The problem is that it needs an extreme ammount of hit to be useful, but it's drops aren't too crazy and it can be done. The thin about the drops is just that ifyou take the time to really look for good stats on the weapon it will pay off for the FOmarl in the end. It sucks for the FOmar since he still has the same slow shot rate and his ATA is lower wichmakes it much harder for him to make use of it.
It honestly doesn't matter if you use the special or not because no matter how you see it, FOmarls are terrible at using specials with weapons. The idea that the Devil special on the Inferno Bazooka means that you have to take care of two things: first the connecting, then the actual activating. And honestly, the Bazooka needs to have an insane amount of hit in order to actually be useful that it would work for your advantage and not a disadvantage because apparently you miss with it. In Seabeds, high level Megid works so much better on most monsters.

As far as the angel harp drop rate it isn't bad at all. I never had trouble finding it, ven with hit. But as i said before, you have to really be patient for it to come out in the end. Yes, it won't drop in an hour, but if you look for it in a week stretch you will eventually find one with great %'s and it will pay off...just depends on how badly you want to have it.
The only IDs which can obtain Angel Harp are either Skyly or Greenill. Out of either one, only Skyly actually has a good chance at finding one with its 1/22 Pal Rappy drop rate. Even then, 1/22 drop rate for a rare monster is just as bad as having a 1/10k drop rate when you consider that you need to infinitely Fake in Yellow runs, just to first find a Pal Rappy then one that will drop it. Holy Ray is so much more reasonable to drop because there will always be a Dal Ral Lie and thus the only factor you consider would be the drop rate.

Oh, and tell that to my Pinkal (who is a FOmarl) who is trying to find an Agito 1975 Real. Been two months already and still no luck.

Not true in any way. I recall having a FOmar at about level 80 that was able to rip through ults in episode 1. The only stat that was maxed ended up being his garbage ATA (wich the FOmarl's slight increase does make a huge difference even though the stat difference isn't huge) and the rest of his stats at that level, a FOmarl can easily obtain. I guess if you're working with lower levels she won't be as great as a FOmar, but at high levels (150+) the differences with her start to become more noticeable. Her HP difference is great and she has a bit higher DFP (which is useless IMO) BUt the ATP and MST difference isn't at all that big of a deal. Yes the FOmar has a higher ability but the FOmarl has a wider weapon selection (she actually gets more weapons than the FOmar, but he gets one or two exclusives over her)
The MST does not matter, I'll give you that much. But the ATP difference between a FOmar and a FOmarl is huge, 130 ATP extra is like adding 2 and a half God/Powers without the extra use of slots. This extra ATP makes FOmar more adept to meleeing that a FOmarl could, simply because FOmar can kill things rather quicker than a FOmarl can. As for the lack of ATA, this can be heavily made up with hit weapons although the 7 ATA difference is a lot I'll admit. But despite that, FOmars can still actually land attacks without missing given a high hit weapon he uses. As for diversity weapons, the only weapons that are actually beneficial to her use only would be either Angel Harp (range) or Madam's Umbrella (berserk special). Madam's Parasol and Marina's Bag are also beneficial to her when on teams, but those are mainly use for support and not actual melee weapons.

If you really try her out you would understand how to look past what the text stats show and see how she actually plays. The FOmarl maxes very easily because of her balanced stats, which leaves her open to use a God Battle, Cure Units, and her single maxing unit. A God Battle, a cure unit, and a resist ends up making her much more reliable than just a grunt force that can deal a bit ore damage. The power difference isn't even that high. The FOmar does hit about 60-80 points of damage more per hit, but the FOmarl has a higher ATA and has much more use with ranged weapons and her certain animations make her VERY unique. Someone has said she has a bad saber but i feel that they haven't learned to actually USE it...in my opinion it's one of the best in the game, just a bit unusual.
Just because all she needs is one unit to max everything out, it does not explain how she can be good at meleeing and casting at the same time comparing to a FOmar. And yes, I'm talking about lower levels (like you said earlier), since upper levels make the game easy anyways.

With no attack tech boost that are used worthwhile, FOmarl delivers about 1.3x less damage than a FOmar can when using a Gi-tech. The difference in ATA is not shown until the higher levels. The difference in ATP is shown at the lower levels and this is the difference between what a FOmar and a FOmarl are capable of. FOmarls can't be a good melee person and a casting person in the low levels simply because the ATP and the MST difference is not met yet. FOmars can be doing 230 damage with Gi-techs at the beginning of Ultimate while FOmarl does about 180 using Gi-techs. This difference is major, believe it or not.

Also, I never said that FOmarls did not have potential in matching FOmar's abilities in battle. It can at much higher levels, but having potential does not make her better.

That is true, her tech bonuses are bad for Solo , but she's useful in the team status. I don't feel that her grants is bad at all considering that you can rip through ep 2 with that technique, and it's a great tech to make use of with practice...but her lack of bonus in other techs kinda become a drawback...though she IS still a force and does a massive damage with her techs none the less, it just takes her time...but she has a much better growth in MST than a FOmar. (as far as the PSO world stat charts show) but in the end both can do pretty much the same damage with their RA tech's, the FOmar just gets the great boost for GI.
FOmarl's MST growth lowers starting at Lv150 while FOmar shoots out like it came out of nowhere. Hence why FOmar has a higher max MST than a FOmarl.

Episode 2 is good with Grants but it honestly has its drawbacks to the fact that when swarms come, Grants become utterly useless and you are resorted to using techs which can multiple targets. Having the ability to boost Gi-techs is far better than having the ability to boost Grants. And while admittedly the Gi-techs are less used than most other techs, they are still more beneficial since they have multiple weapons which can boost their power, as oppose to Grants which only has one that can boost it.

If you use grants when it's really needed you'll find that larger enemies are usually destroyed by the tech. It makes those big fights against single enemies a breeze, and since PSO isn't really a difficult game either way, the range it has is great since the enemies don't really detect that you're there until you're close to them.
Dark Bringers? Hildetorrs? Sinow Spigells? Delbiters? Del Lilies? To be honest, Grants is only good with solo offline play. Multiplayer and online play, Grants power become so weak that it becomes absolutely useless, especially when most monsters become resilient to it. It is also useless when it comes to monster swarms such as the Endless Nightmare series and the Phantasmal World series.

I've never had a problem with her techs and still feel she's a very unique character...but people just haven't tried to figure her out since she's lacking as far as the stats on paper show.
And she is, but again, she has potential, but potential does not mean that she will be better. It just means that people do not see her true power correctly and do not have any experience with her.

burning_card
Jun 12, 2008, 01:50 AM
Lol, i guess people just don't enjoy a good discussion anymore...they see a long post and their eyes bleed. Thanks for keeping the topic fun for me.

It honestly doesn't matter if you use the special or not because no matter how you see it, FOmarls are terrible at using specials with weapons. The idea that the Devil special on the Inferno Bazooka means that you have to take care of two things: first the connecting, then the actual activating. And honestly, the Bazooka needs to have an insane amount of hit in order to actually be useful that it would work for your advantage and not a disadvantage because apparently you miss with it. In Seabeds, high level Megid works so much better on most monsters.

As far as the special goes it does come out to be a bit useless for her ATA if you find something with lesser stats, but if you take the time to look for the weapon with the hit you need it becomes a great main weapon to use. I suppose i understand the point of her not having the quick potential that the FOmar has as far as he can sort of pick up and play with some great melee weapons and do more damage with say the grass assasins, but considering it's a force and the whole point is to find weapons in the game, potential is all you really have to look forward to when making a great character.

Personally i use the inferno for it's handgun speed and heavy damage, and if you get a good one you can make use of it's special. Looking at it that way as far as needing a lot of hit on a weapon, the FOmar comes out on the bottom,but since he can do more damage it even it out...but the FOmarl will still end up hitting more confidently and you can stand firm a bit more with her if you miss or get cornered. I just think it's a reliable weapon to use, even if the special need a lot of high percentages to make use of.

The only IDs which can obtain Angel Harp are either Skyly or Greenill. Out of either one, only Skyly actually has a good chance at finding one with its 1/22 Pal Rappy drop rate. Even then, 1/22 drop rate for a rare monster is just as bad as having a 1/10k drop rate when you consider that you need to infinitely Fake in Yellow runs, just to first find a Pal Rappy then one that will drop it. Holy Ray is so much more reasonable to drop because there will always be a Dal Ral Lie and thus the only factor you consider would be the drop rate.

I'm just going by my own finding. I usually get one after about a week of searching that has a good hit percentage, but it does take a bit of time. (Never got into the month category though, but i feel you on the drops...still looking for some damn twin chakrams...)

Holy ray is a better drop, i just think the harp is a better weapon (i like the special)

The MST does not matter, I'll give you that much. But the ATP difference between a FOmar and a FOmarl is huge, 130 ATP extra is like adding 2 and a half God/Powers without the extra use of slots. This extra ATP makes FOmar more adept to meleeing that a FOmarl could, simply because FOmar can kill things rather quicker than a FOmarl can. As for the lack of ATA, this can be heavily made up with hit weapons although the 7 ATA difference is a lot I'll admit. But despite that, FOmars can still actually land attacks without missing given a high hit weapon he uses. As for diversity weapons, the only weapons that are actually beneficial to her use only would be either Angel Harp (range) or Madam's Umbrella (berserk special). Madam's Parasol and Marina's Bag are also beneficial to her when on teams, but those are mainly use for support and not actual melee weapons.

Well as i said, the extra 50-60 points of damage he will deal in the long run doesn't matter IMO. As for his making up for it with Hit, give the same weapon to the FOmarl and she ends up making a much better use of it. The extra damage is nice, but I always saw it as great when i used some mechguns or other ranged weapons on her and got more damage in on an enemy just because i didn't miss. The FOmar's max ATA sucks even in episode 1, but it's only really noticeable when you get to ruins...mines it's not that bad, just for the specials, but after ruins hits everything misses. Beefing him up with hit percentages helps, but doing the same for the FOmarl makes hera bit more resiliant to never having to worry about running off...and if she gets slapped down, she IS more defensive than he is, so it's not as big a deal. (Butthey both still get their asses handed to them either way, i just like to know it hurts a little less)

Just because all she needs is one unit to max everything out, it does not explain how she can be good at meleeing and casting at the same time comparing to a FOmar. And yes, I'm talking about lower levels (like you said earlier), since upper levels make the game easy anyways.
With no attack tech boost that are used worthwhile, FOmarl delivers about 1.3x less damage than a FOmar can when using a Gi-tech. The difference in ATA is not shown until the higher levels. The difference in ATP is shown at the lower levels and this is the difference between what a FOmar and a FOmarl are capable of. FOmarls can't be a good melee person and a casting person in the low levels simply because the ATP and the MST difference is not met yet. FOmars can be doing 230 damage with Gi-techs at the beginning of Ultimate while FOmarl does about 180 using Gi-techs. This difference is major, believe it or not.

It's not really explaining how she is better, because she isn't. The FOmar has much more damage ability in both areas, but the FOmarl isn't BAD.I guess if you're looking at her damage she is weaker. All i'm saying is she becomes more defensive and it helps A LOT for a force to be able to stand and hold their own in a fight if the enemies get too close. The fact that she can max with one unit and still have three open makes for a good variety in her gameplay. If you want to o all out for casting, slap on three god HP's and you're set. (HP has no limit so it's nice to have all that health...especially with the psycho wand.)
That's why i think she's great. She can be molded depending on what you want to do. It's really nice to have that God Battle and still have open slots to make her helthhigher and hold a cure unit while stil having the golden stats.

Now you are right. FOmarl sucks compared to the FOmar as far as growth. The game won't get too easy at high levels, especially for a melee force, but it's much less of a pain in the ass. The FOmar can handle that melee and casting gameplay at early levels while the FOmarl needs the pampering of a queen (which is what i think she looks like) If you think the potential makes her bad you'rej ust not looking at it the same way and will never understand. The FOmar is awesome, but the FOmarl is just as useful at the same level, just not in the melee department.

At max i think she is awesome. This whole topicwas just asking why people think she is garbage. I try my best to get a character to that max, and the FOmarl's max statsare just as nice and effective as the FOmar, even with the lower ATP. She isbetter in many ways, andgiving either one of them a soul banish, they will both be just as effective. The FOmar hitsmore damage but not as often while the FOmarl will hit more often with a slight difference in power.

The ATA is WAY more noticeable than the ATP difference IMO.

Episode 2 is good with Grants but it honestly has its drawbacks to the fact that when swarms come, Grants become utterly useless and you are resorted to using techs which can multiple targets. Having the ability to boost Gi-techs is far better than having the ability to boost Grants. And while admittedly the Gi-techs are less used than most other techs, they are still more beneficial since they have multiple weapons which can boost their power, as oppose to Grants which only has one that can boost it.
Dark Bringers? Hildetorrs? Sinow Spigells? Delbiters? Del Lilies? To be honest, Grants is only good with solo offline play. Multiplayer and online play, Grants power become so weak that it becomes absolutely useless, especially when most monsters become resilient to it. It is also useless when it comes to monster swarms such as the Endless Nightmare series and the Phantasmal World series.

Grants has it's drawbacks but it is very useful. Either way it's her balance that makes her great. Like i saidbefore, she won't do too much a difference in power or magic damage, but there isa difference. The thing about her isn't her stats. The ability to max easily and still pack in that HP unit and god battle makes her potential with HP and speed, on top of her higher ATA and DFP become a great asset.

Basically if you look at it like this. Her damage will always be lower, but the three open slots that she has (instead of just two like the FOmar) gives her the ability to beef up al the other stuff she needs to be great. The damage difference is not that high, and with the melee she will always hit more consistently. As far as the techs go, i just look at it as i can do less damage but have 3 god hp's or two and a cure unit or a resist unit. She ends up being more effective if she can hold up to a lot of the outside effects, much better than a FOmar can. He just doesn't have the opportunity to get the bonuses she does, at least not all at once. (One open slot means A LOT imo)

That's all my point is. If you look at her hard she is a better character than people like to admit...but just like the FOney, it takes an ass load of patience and time. People don't like that, so sega made the FOmar. (It's been the same way since the dreamcast.)

Nitro Vordex
Jun 12, 2008, 02:01 AM
Oh god, my eyes. X_X

burning_card
Jun 12, 2008, 02:08 AM
LET THEM BLEED! HAHAHAHA!

Please...don't do drugs...i'm a great example of why ;)

Splash
Jun 12, 2008, 03:44 AM
Lol, i guess people just don't enjoy a good discussion anymore...they see a long post and their eyes bleed. Thanks for keeping the topic fun for me.
Heh I suppose.

As far as the special goes it does come out to be a bit useless for her ATA if you find something with lesser stats, but if you take the time to look for the weapon with the hit you need it becomes a great main weapon to use. I suppose i understand the point of her not having the quick potential that the FOmar has as far as he can sort of pick up and play with some great melee weapons and do more damage with say the grass assasins, but considering it's a force and the whole point is to find weapons in the game, potential is all you really have to look forward to when making a great character.
Potential and having a good character are two different things. FOmarls have all the potential to be a great Force like the FOmar, but it can't be a good character if it doesn't have proper equipment. I'll admit that a hit Inferno Bazooka is good on her as a primary weapon for range, but using it for the purpose of using the special is stupid.

Personally i use the inferno for it's handgun speed and heavy damage, and if you get a good one you can make use of it's special. Looking at it that way as far as needing a lot of hit on a weapon, the FOmar comes out on the bottom,but since he can do more damage it even it out...but the FOmarl will still end up hitting more confidently and you can stand firm a bit more with her if you miss or get cornered. I just think it's a reliable weapon to use, even if the special need a lot of high percentages to make use of.
Even with 100% hit on it, the special will still fail on a Force. Again, as a primary weapon to damage, not bad. But using it for the special, it's lame. Even the 7 ATA difference does not matter.

I'm just going by my own finding. I usually get one after about a week of searching that has a good hit percentage, but it does take a bit of time. (Never got into the month category though, but i feel you on the drops...still looking for some damn twin chakrams...)
Yeah...you are very lucky then.

Holy ray is a better drop, i just think the harp is a better weapon (i like the special)
Yes.

Well as i said, the extra 50-60 points of damage he will deal in the long run doesn't matter IMO. As for his making up for it with Hit, give the same weapon to the FOmarl and she ends up making a much better use of it.
But it still comes out the same, with the ideal fact that the normal and hard attacks still landing. Yes, the 7 ATA difference is major but the difference on how accurate the attacks land is very minor.

The extra damage is nice, but I always saw it as great when i used some mechguns or other ranged weapons on her and got more damage in on an enemy just because i didn't miss. The FOmar's max ATA sucks even in episode 1, but it's only really noticeable when you get to ruins...mines it's not that bad, just for the specials, but after ruins hits everything misses.
Barely...the way I see it, the FOmarl's attacks will still miss a lot even with max ATA and a weapon with 50 hit on it. It's highly unlikely that all attacks will land each time, lesser be when using a sacrificial special.

Beefing him up with hit percentages helps, but doing the same for the FOmarl makes hera bit more resiliant to never having to worry about running off...and if she gets slapped down, she IS more defensive than he is, so it's not as big a deal. (Butthey both still get their asses handed to them either way, i just like to know it hurts a little less)
Deband Lv30 and Jellen Lv30 reduces damage to something so little that the base DFP difference does not even matter in the long run.

The point I was trying to make with hit weapons is that ATA can be easily made up, while ATP can't. A FOmar with 270 ATA modified and a FOmarl with 277 ATA modified has no actual significant difference when landing normal and hard attacks, or if there is, it is very minimal. However, the FOmar has 130 ATP more, damaging more while landing about the same amount of attacks that a FOmarl can. The extra 7 ATA may help have the FOmarl be able to use special attacks and land more accurately than a FOmar using the special, but again, using a weapon just for the special on a Force is just lame. Even Charge Vulcan requires at least a combo attack for the special to work. And speaking of Charge Vulcan, the more damage a character does, the more damage the special will do upon multiplying damage. Suddenly, this 50-60 damage extra becomes 100-120 damage more and assuming that one Charge special attack lands every bullet with the Vulcan, that is about 300-360 more damage. That is huge when you see it.

It's not really explaining how she is better, because she isn't. The FOmar has much more damage ability in both areas, but the FOmarl isn't BAD.I guess if you're looking at her damage she is weaker. All i'm saying is she becomes more defensive and it helps A LOT for a force to be able to stand and hold their own in a fight if the enemies get too close. The fact that she can max with one unit and still have three open makes for a good variety in her gameplay. If you want to o all out for casting, slap on three god HP's and you're set. (HP has no limit so it's nice to have all that health...especially with the psycho wand.)
When it comes to casting, having God/HPs as slots is just lame. There is no reason to have that high amount of HP when considering that there are many other factors in the game also, such as adverse effects and Megid. I rather have 2 Resist/Devils on, a Light Relief, and two Cure/Units depending on the area. That honestly fits every situation almost and because DFP is not a major factor in casting, having a low DFP is ok then.

Also, I didn't say FOmarls are "bad", but her damage output comparing to a FOmar is just very low.

That's why i think she's great. She can be molded depending on what you want to do. It's really nice to have that God Battle and still have open slots to make her helthhigher and hold a cure unit while stil having the golden stats.
Quite frankly, I don't care about maxing the last stat that she needs. The last slot should be used for the benefit of the FOmarl while going through the areas. God/Battle is a must obviously for a melee person. The last 3 slots are just for fillers.

Now you are right. FOmarl sucks compared to the FOmar as far as growth. The game won't get too easy at high levels, especially for a melee force, but it's much less of a pain in the ass. The FOmar can handle that melee and casting gameplay at early levels while the FOmarl needs the pampering of a queen (which is what i think she looks like) If you think the potential makes her bad you'rej ust not looking at it the same way and will never understand. The FOmar is awesome, but the FOmarl is just as useful at the same level, just not in the melee department.
Neither in the casting department also. The idea of "potential" is basically saying that she can hold her own and do well, but cannot surpass someone who is obviously better by default.

At max i think she is awesome. This whole topicwas just asking why people think she is garbage. I try my best to get a character to that max, and the FOmarl's max statsare just as nice and effective as the FOmar, even with the lower ATP. She isbetter in many ways, andgiving either one of them a soul banish, they will both be just as effective. The FOmar hitsmore damage but not as often while the FOmarl will hit more often with a slight difference in power.
She is not "garbage", but you can't deny that she is weak in damage outputing, which is what most people would expect out of a Force (typically newbies). They are expecting that you could blow everything up using techniques and FOmarl is the only Force which is incapable of doing this well due to no boosts except for Grants, which is single-target so it can't "blow up everything". When it comes down to selecting a character and deciding to keep or not, first impressions matter and because FOmarl is so weak at the beginning, most people portray her as "weak". This is also true for RAcaseals.

Grants has it's drawbacks but it is very useful. Either way it's her balance that makes her great. Like i saidbefore, she won't do too much a difference in power or magic damage, but there isa difference. The thing about her isn't her stats. The ability to max easily and still pack in that HP unit and god battle makes her potential with HP and speed, on top of her higher ATA and DFP become a great asset.
Grants drawback is why it is weak. It is single-targeting, meaning it is utter crap in hoards of monsters. It takes time for the effect to work, meaning that the monster can throw an attack at you thus leaving you vulernable to other attacks. It also has no merges which can boost it, and the only weapon that can boost its power does not even boost it a lot. Try as you may, but the only good thing about Grants is the range of it and that is the only thing. The rest is just flaws that can be made up by using other techs.

And the "balance" is what gives her a bad impression at the start. It is just like the HUmar, except HUmars start becoming weak then stronger again as levels progress. FOmarls are absolutely weak in the beginning, then progressively become stronger but her strong point is not until the very high levels. By then, people would probably have decided their decision on whether to keep her or not.

Basically if you look at it like this. Her damage will always be lower, but the three open slots that she has (instead of just two like the FOmar) gives her the ability to beef up al the other stuff she needs to be great. The damage difference is not that high, and with the melee she will always hit more consistently. As far as the techs go, i just look at it as i can do less damage but have 3 god hp's or two and a cure unit or a resist unit. She ends up being more effective if she can hold up to a lot of the outside effects, much better than a FOmar can. He just doesn't have the opportunity to get the bonuses she does, at least not all at once. (One open slot means A LOT imo)
To be honest, I don't really care about maxing all of my stats, I just max the ones that I want maxed and then leave all the other ones stay the way they are. The usage of slots is a must, and sacrificing them just to max stats doesn't appeal in my eyes. When ATP, MST, ATA, and LCK are maxed, FOmar outbeats FOmarl in damage outputing. And again, the difference is high, especially when sacrificial weapons are involved (read what I said earlier).

That's all my point is. If you look at her hard she is a better character than people like to admit...but just like the FOney, it takes an ass load of patience and time. People don't like that, so sega made the FOmar. (It's been the same way since the dreamcast.)
FOnewearls do not need patience since their high adept techniques makes her easy to clear areas in a cinch. FOmarl requires a lot more work than a FOnewearl could ever need. However, a FOnewearl would require a lot of work (a lot more than FOmarls) when they are trying to melee. And there is only one FOnewearl I know who is capable of doing this well.

burning_card
Jun 12, 2008, 05:44 AM
Ahh i guess you just don't understand the FOmarl's usefulness, that's my opinion anyway;)

I never said i used the Inferno Bazooka for it's special, i use it for it's speed and damage output. It's a great weapon, and one that the FOmar can't make as much use of. I sort of always looked at it as a weapon made for the FOmarl. Overall if you don't see why the balance is a priority as far as her slot openings go i guess i can't really get my point across to you.

You said you don't care about maxing stats, but it's an important thing to me. If i were to usea character that i didn't care for maxing i would say the FOnewm can be an awesome melee force solely based on his awesome stats and great ATA.
The ATA difference IS huge, doesn't matter how much you want to say it's not. The ATP and MST difference is NOt.

Using sacrificial weapons is interesting though. I never really considered how useful the output could be for them even with that small boost the FOmar has when it comes to the multiply. That's good to hear as i do feel that the FOmarl is a little weak in damage.

But as i said, you don't seem to understand what i was posting about when i made this tread. I'm not saying the FOmarl is stronger than a FOmar, i'm just saying that i don't see why people think she's useless. A lot of people knock her because she's a bit moreweak, but it is the fact that she has that balance and the free slots even after max that makes her useful. Maxing is great in my eyes because it just lets you know that the character is as great as they can be, no areas fallen short.
I don't understand why you would think using HP units is a bad idea. I guess using three would be sort of useless, but having one in always boosts nicely. Add a nice cure unit anda resist on top of being fully maxed just makes things great.

If you cared about maxing i guessyou might get it, but in that view i guess i can see the major appeal in a FOmar. I just can' get past his low ATA and his slot usage, along with his very low HP. The ATP difference of 130 just isn't big enough to really show IMO.

Jaspaller
Jun 12, 2008, 10:28 AM
I applaud anyone who actually read all that garbage by both of them.

Rob19
Jun 12, 2008, 11:49 AM
I applaud anyone who actually read all that garbage by both of them.

yay, i'm being applauded XD

Splash
Jun 12, 2008, 02:15 PM
I never said i used the Inferno Bazooka for it's special, i use it for it's speed and damage output. It's a great weapon, and one that the FOmar can't make as much use of. I sort of always looked at it as a weapon made for the FOmarl. Overall if you don't see why the balance is a priority as far as her slot openings go i guess i can't really get my point across to you.
Is this not what you said earlier?

Originally Posted by burning_card
Inferno Bazooka is a great primary weapon for melee. Personally i've used it in ult seabeds and thought it to be a great weapon with it special.

FOmar can't make use of it because it doesn't get a speed bonus. But he doesn't even need an Inferno Bazooka when he can use a Holy Ray.

You said you don't care about maxing stats, but it's an important thing to me. If i were to usea character that i didn't care for maxing i would say the FOnewm can be an awesome melee force solely based on his awesome stats and great ATA.
I never said maxing stats was not important. I said maxing ALL stats was not important. Looking at just a couple of stats and see what their max is pathetic, it is also necessary to look at the other stats. And FOnewn's ATP is far too low to actually do any major damage using weapons when he can just nuke everything with his Gi- and Ra- techs.

As for FOmar, maxing ATP, MST, ATA, and LCK is all he needs.

The ATA difference IS huge, doesn't matter how much you want to say it's not. The ATP and MST difference is NOt.
Whatever you say, but you are still in denial about it. Yes, the ATA difference is huge, but so is the ATP difference (as I pointed out with sacrificial weapons).

But as i said, you don't seem to understand what i was posting about when i made this tread. I'm not saying the FOmarl is stronger than a FOmar, i'm just saying that i don't see why people think she's useless. A lot of people knock her because she's a bit moreweak, but it is the fact that she has that balance and the free slots even after max that makes her useful. Maxing is great in my eyes because it just lets you know that the character is as great as they can be, no areas fallen short.
I already told you the reason. Because first impressions matter. Simple as that. When you compare how much damage each does at level 1, FOmar carrying a Cane would beat a FOmarl carrying a Cane (yes, I'm talking from the view of an idiot who decides to melee with a Cane). MST difference is not even that big either. Because people think that "higher damage = good", then they just see FOmarl as "weak". Caring about maxing the stats do not come until the much higher levels, and by then, the person would have decided whether to keep the character or not. The whole point is if you would enjoy playing with the character at some point so that you would keep it, and because FOmarl does not shine until the level 150's, that throws a bad impression on her when a person reaches Ultimate at Lv80.

I don't understand why you would think using HP units is a bad idea. I guess using three would be sort of useless, but having one in always boosts nicely. Add a nice cure unit anda resist on top of being fully maxed just makes things great.
I never said one HP unit is bad. I said using 3 would be. Quite frankly, when FOmarl maxes out HP materials at Lv200, she would be able to survive almost every damaging attack in the game (damaging, not OHKO moves such as Megid). The only most deadly thing left is an Epsilon Rafoie bomb, that I don't know if it can survive without a God/HP or not. Even then, Epsilon is ridiculously easy to kill in offline.

If you cared about maxing i guessyou might get it, but in that view i guess i can see the major appeal in a FOmar. I just can' get past his low ATA and his slot usage, along with his very low HP. The ATP difference of 130 just isn't big enough to really show IMO.
I do care about maxing, but only for certain stats and if a stat that I don't care about is not maxed, then so be it. That's a matter of preference actually, if you want all max stats or not.

AlexCraig
Jun 12, 2008, 02:44 PM
Eh, I gave this thread 2*. I've seen FAAAAAR worse. But still, looks meh in my eyes. I never really like it when people do things like this. Yeah it is insightful, but it can become an eyesore easily.

With regards to the topic, I have never played as one. Mostly due to the earlier comments about appearences. None really looked all that great to me.

Splash
Jun 12, 2008, 02:47 PM
Oh oops. Didn't see my above post...

burning_card
Jun 12, 2008, 03:35 PM
Ahh i was looking to make a post for the purpose of discussing why the FOmarl isn't that bad. Sorry splash, i like a debate about pointless stuff but you have to learn to stop repeating the same things and trying to make a post a personal argument.

Either way i thinkthis post has died as far as a discussion goes and i don't do flame wars or pointless arguments of being told i'm in denial when it comes to a PSO character, lol. I guess the people that used to frequent these forums left, maybe because of crap like this. (I miss good discussions)

This was NOT a post about "THE FOMARL IS BETTER THAN THE FOMAR!!!" That's what you seem to be trying to turn this post into, Splash. Take the arguments to your friends, i was hoping for a good discussion and debate, but that can't be done when the other side won't try to listen or make different points. The topic should have ran along the lines of a discussion of the FOmarl and her pros and cons, not the differences and weaknesses of her and the FOmar.

Ohwell, looks like PSO world is a different place than it was last year.

AlexCraig
Jun 12, 2008, 03:42 PM
We're not all gone. Jasp, DC, Julie and I are still here.

But I agree. You started this out in the hopes of sharing why FOmarls are not that bad, but it has since deteriorated. And Splash does seem to be making it more of a personal issue, and making the discussion into a FOmar vs FOmarl thread.

burning_card
Jun 12, 2008, 03:52 PM
Yeah i was just looking to post something for an attempt to keep a bit of some life in the forums, just like everyone else does when they post something here. It's not as busy as it used to be. Oh well though, i still feel better that some of the old faces are still around here.

AlexCraig
Jun 12, 2008, 04:01 PM
Well, if you are interested, I have a Social Group where most of us in PSO General go to. Hunters Guild.

burning_card
Jun 12, 2008, 04:04 PM
Sure thing, PM me a link or something.

Jaspaller
Jun 12, 2008, 04:07 PM
Most of the older faces still do hang around on PSOW. Just not in the PSO section anymore (or here for that matter)

burning_card
Jun 12, 2008, 04:09 PM
Yeah i noticed some are in other areas. Good to see you're still around. I remember a discussion on RAmar's with you awhile back...still ended up making the RAcast though, but i found out a lot about the RAmar that was pretty good.

Splash
Jun 12, 2008, 06:54 PM
The only reason why I keep "repeating" myself is because you are either ignoring what I'm writing or you are either reading improperly to the portions that I wrote. That, and I already gave my answer multiple times in this topic to why people think FOmarls "suck". My last post:

I already told you the reason. Because first impressions matter. Simple as that. When you compare how much damage each does at level 1, FOmar carrying a Cane would beat a FOmarl carrying a Cane (yes, I'm talking from the view of an idiot who decides to melee with a Cane). MST difference is not even that big either. Because people think that "higher damage = good", then they just see FOmarl as "weak"...The whole point is if you would enjoy playing with the character at some point so that you would keep it, and because FOmarl does not shine until the level 150's, that throws a bad impression on her when a person reaches Ultimate at Lv80.

Yes, admittedly I did throw this into a FOmar vs. FOmarl debate, but only because you kept extending this while ignoring my basic points in all my posts (in which I keep repeating myself as such). The "pros and cons" are basically saying what the "advantages and disadvantages" are, which brings back to my first post in this topic. The comparisons I made in the first post were exactly that, how a FOmarl is compared to other Forces. But because you asked "what's everyone's problem with FOmarl's" (topic title), I gave an answer with the problems then, which you were trying to debate over. In all reality, I never wanted to debate about it, but you couldn't just stop telling me the same things over and over again.

When I said the FOmarl had "potential" at being a good melee person like a FOmar, you honestly did not understand the meaning of the word "potential". FOmarls can match up with FOmar in meleeing, I don't have any doubts about that, but FOmarls can NEVER BE a FOmar in meleeing because there are too much differences to note between them.

Also, emphasizing the quote above, I blantly told you why people think she "sucks". Because when playing as a character, the first couple of levels matter help decide a person's opinion about her. She "sucks" because she lacks damage. She "sucks" because her handgun animation is terrible. She "sucks" because she has a slow growth rate. And notice that I place "sucks" in quotes because only absent-minded people would say that when they clearly don't know how to play her well in the long well. Those who are prospective with her would like her so much more than those who are just looking for ways to kill faster.

If that doesn't bring out what I'm trying to say, I don't know what will. Especially the last few posts that I had where you just tried to stretch the debate.

AlexCraig
Jun 12, 2008, 07:15 PM
I feel the best thing to do when someone does not understand is to put it in the simplest terms possible. And if they do not understand that, I drop the case and leave it as it, rather than letting it escalate into an arguement. Now, fortunately, that has not been the case here, and it is still a debate. But I still believe that it is best just to let it go. The post has been posted and they can go back and read it if necissary.

Splash
Jun 12, 2008, 07:31 PM
To be honest, it's not that hard to actually understand what my point is in my long posts. He just made a rather extenuous debate which I never intended. That, and I basically repeated the same thing over and over again only because he still did not understand the point I was trying to make.

burning_card
Jun 12, 2008, 08:32 PM
No i understood your point just fine. Yeah i got it that the FOmarl has a lesser potential than the FOmar, yeah i understand you think grants is crap, and yes i understand that you think the inferno bazooka is a bad weapon and that the FOmar has a higher damage potential. You just don't seem to get that everything about your "point" had nothing to do with the original reason i posted this thread.

Either way i don'tthink i'll discuss this with you splash. I really hate to be like that but you just don't seem to be someone i would like to communicate with...considering you just don't understand anything but your thoughts of "Im right, Im right" wich is really sad. You can't always be right, and just because you have a paper showing you that the FOmar has higher numbers in the areas YOU think are better doesn't mean YOUR opinion is any more right than my own.

But...that's the last time i'll respond to you ;)

Splash
Jun 13, 2008, 02:36 AM
Either what you are trying to say is a contradiction to what you said earlier or you are just trying to mislead around with your question in the title and the first post.

The topic should have ran along the lines of a discussion of the FOmarl and her pros and cons, not the differences and weaknesses of her and the FOmar.

If this was your intention, then I gave it to you by throwing nothing but the "con" parts about her but you were the one who is trying to debate all of them, saying that they are either "wrong" or is an exaggeration. You attempt to take the cons and make them into pros but you are not going anywhere with it when you keep throwing me the same answers about how "balanced stats" help, how the 7 ATA difference is major, and how all she needs is one unit in order to max out all stats. So if you are trying to say that "you are right" and "I'm wrong", you are just being a hypocrite right now. And if you aren't thinking that, then you just contradicted yourself by telling me your original reason for posting this thread which I already answered quite clear in my first post of this topic.

Furthermore, no where in my other posts did I say that Inferno Bazooka is a bad weapon. No where did I say that Grants is total crap. So this proves once again that you ignored what I said earlier or you just didn't read properly. Inferno Bazooka is a great weapon to melee with for damaging, not for the special. Grants is good for range and target far monsters which are standing alone and are weak to it.

And I never said I was right, so you just threw another pathetic assumption. You're just thinking that because you are trying to twist what I said that is a negative into something that is positive, only you are doing a poor job at doing it because you keep telling me the same reasons over and over again. And yes, I said this earlier but I'm saying it once again because this is the part you keep missing and you are telling me that "I'm wrong" and "You are right" (hypocrite once again). I never said that you were wrong, but you are not proving to me about how I am wrong, you are just trying to prove that you are right. What you are trying to insituate about me being "right" is the same thing for what you are doing throughout the course of this topic.

And I wasn't trying to communicate with you in the first place, I just gave out my opinion which you after wanted to debate about.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 13, 2008, 03:08 AM
This entire thread is why we can't have nice things. >:|

Longinous
Jun 13, 2008, 03:17 AM
Either way a lot of good info in here for both Fomarl and Fomar.

I have to agree with Splash tho, Fomarl's damage potential did kind of make me favor the other casters a bit more. She does seem very versatile but as far as solo play she seems a bit like a hassle, and sheer damage she just lacks potential in both melee and casting which is discouraging.

I play a Fomar and the main reason I like him is I know if i am getting overwhelmed as a melee mage I can bust out some powerful Gi spells to buy me time or just burn the masses of enemies down.

But hey man if you enjoy Fomarl and like the versatility do it, its about having fun and if you have buds to play with I am sure she is a great support role for a team.

burning_card
Jun 13, 2008, 04:48 AM
Lol, the only reason this thread became crap is because Splash is too sensitive ;)

Anyhow, i'll stop before i make anyone mad.

I agree that the FOmar is great because of his bonus in GI. When i'm playing melee FOmarl (right now i'm in ruins in hard, going to VH) i miss the GI bonus he has, sort of made thing interesting as GIzonde was one of my favorite techs. It made thing better for him since he wouldn't have to use AS much TP (like using RA techs) to get the damage he needs in a pinch, while the FOmarl has to use the RA techs at the cost of loads of TP.

It's a gimp but after a lot of mats and some pampering her techs damage well and her ATP is nice enough to work well. I'm working on getting an angel harp so i can have that powerful rifle with the little bit of def that it gives, along with the confuse special. I just enjoy her in the long run because i can have all her stats yellow with a god battle, maybe a resist and a cure shock or something, even things out so you can worry less about the effects of each stage, makes her even out when her damage isn't quite as powerful..but it's still good, i can kill fast enough.

Longinous
Jun 14, 2008, 02:11 AM
go for it bud i just started up a new FO myself I went with Fonewearle, mainly cause i just picked up Hildablue cane and sigh of god wand and since she hits hard with foie barta and zonde already i figured why the hell not sure she wont nuke down stuff like a Fonewmen would but she just sounds neat and with her crazy amount of mst i don't think it will be too bad anyhow.

burning_card
Jun 14, 2008, 03:44 AM
Try out the elemental wands, they work awesome on a FOney. Also, just the club of laconium, mace of adaman, and the club of zumarian work well for early simple tech boosts. if you get her to lvl 100...get a summit moon, boots the crap out of her simple techs.

Right now i managed to melee my FOmarl into VH. She'sstill weak but doing well, i just need more materials. I think she's lvl 34 in VH mines, all melee. Using a double saber and a varista with 35% hit.

Longinous
Jun 14, 2008, 06:58 AM
Ya i have all the wands already, she has a hildebear/blue and a sigh of god waiting for her they do same stuff and i hooked her up with my foie/zonde/barta merges. But I have all the maces and wands to boost her techs for lower levels.

anyhow i don't wanna derail the topic to much lol, thanks for tips though!

burning_card
Jun 15, 2008, 12:00 AM
Not a problem. On the topic and offthe topic my wife has complained that we have two of the same characters (i guess she wants to see all of them) so i have to give up my FOmarl since she wants to keep hers...she won't make the damn FOmar or FOnewm lol. Oh well, i'll try him out again, i hope i can get past his ATA problem.

Longinous
Jun 15, 2008, 01:23 AM
I must say while i know you are a die hard fomarl fan, fomar is a beast to be reckoned with.

and with the right mats consumed and mag levels you can easily max out his ATP, MST, ATA, and LCK. At that point you choose between DEF or EVA.

With Buffs and Debuffs you can really take some damage as well as dish it out in close quarter combat, with a nice Vulcan with hit% you can easily make up for his lower ATA, and his boost to Gi and Grants techs he can really put out some pain.

burning_card
Jun 15, 2008, 01:26 AM
I only reallyl ike the FOmarl better because i was always used to the team play and she's great for it, plus she could melee so it sort of made a more fun play style than just maic like the foney does. She's never been strong in damage, but a great defensive character.

I remember the FOmar being great for damage, and his tech boosts were great. I just hated his ATA, that was the only real problem i had with him, so i know how good he can be.

xXChaosXx
Jul 26, 2008, 03:56 AM
Hey! I hope its still not too late to post something D=, but I have tried both the Fomar and Fomarl, and I am not a person that depends on "damage", oddly, I depend on animation, well, I played my first Fomarl, and loved her outfits, and how she casts spells is just so pretty O.o, and when she uses a photon blast, she just twirls, which is elegantly beautiful IMO XD, tho, I have been using pso-world and its guides and forums for pretty much a long time, and read alot of hmm...negative feedback I guess? SO! I went to change my level 35 Fomarl, don't worry, it wouldn't matter if I changed it, because I was hunting down a hildeblue's head but I accidentally completed the quest =3, so I restarted her as a Fomar, so now I have a level 14 Fomar, his spell cast isn't bad, clothes are cool too^.^, tho...when he casts his photon blast...its odd...I didn't have a clear view of it, but it seems that he puts his legs a bit wider than shoulder length, slightly bends down, and "looks" like he's tapping the bottom end of the rod onto the ground then lifts it up, well IMO, this just looks like an old wizard man casting a spell O.o, Lolly, tho I must admit, it amused me XD, but right now, I am completely confused as to keep that Fomar or go with Fomarl, I love Fomar for the damage, but I love Fomarl for the elegant animation^.^, btw, during the photon blasts, both of them were using a rod, so I was wondering...should I stick with Fomar or go back to Fomarl? feel free to explore me with questions to help you better figure out an answer for me O.o

Jaspaller
Jul 26, 2008, 08:51 PM
lol. The churning the butter animation is for all males that have a rod on last I checked. Personally I would go for FOmar for damage. I personally don't care for animations much.

xXChaosXx
Jul 27, 2008, 04:06 PM
Lolly, I see, now I know what to call it, Thank you Jaspaller^.^

tekboy00
Jul 27, 2008, 07:23 PM
i made a fomarl at the end of june (now lvl 40) that has been so fun to play as. i did give her a boost with my ranger mag, Diwari at lvl 200 and a double saber to start off with, witch makes a great way to start the game with the high tp steal of the double saber and a 20/60/60/60 mag made using the double saber earlier and with more atp i could kill anything 1v1 in 1 combo in almost all of normal by lvl 25 (not a big deal if u r a hunter or ranger but with a force that is pretty good) i like fomarl and the fact that she does not look like a 12yr old ho or some other fantasy sex trend. (excuse my bluntness but i could come up with a better description) she is a relief from some of the other rpg-mmo that have flooded the market like guild wars, i don't see how a bra and thong made out of leafs and animal skins is elite armor.