PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania movie poster!

Saner
Jun 8, 2008, 11:11 AM
http://www.toxicshock.tv/news/2007/07/20/castlevania-movie-poster/

hmmmmm. the events should all take place in the castle. I wouldn't want it like
movie, um what was it, the guy with the machine gun crossbow and the wolverine actor.
ah whatever. anyways the castle part of that movie was too short and rushed, then again
that other movie wasn't really about surviving a castle. :p

VioletSkye
Jun 8, 2008, 11:28 AM
Too bad the director and writer/s suck horribly. This is gonna be painful to watch :(

Ok, maybe that was a little harsh, but I get tired of seeing worthy franchises being completely mishandled. Paul W.S. Anderson?? Are you kidding me? He's like Uwe Boll ver2.0

Zarode
Jun 8, 2008, 11:33 AM
Ugh. My brain hurts now. :disapprove:

If I wanna watch Castlevania, I'll go boot up Dracula X or SotN. :disapprove:

Saner
Jun 8, 2008, 11:39 AM
well, maybe the trailer might be good. :p

Darkly
Jun 8, 2008, 11:51 AM
'from the director of resident evil and alien v.s predator'

is that meant to be a good thing lol?

Saner
Jun 8, 2008, 12:04 PM
LOL! well AvP wasn't so bad. of course AvP:R is lightyears ahead in quality, but AvP1
did do some things right like the presentation of the predators coolness, and the aliens,
but the humans were so useless. at least in AvP:R they put up a better fight.

but ya there's no telling how close the movie will be to the CV games. I would imagine
they could do no wrong just quickly pushing the Belmont and whoever else into the castle
so the real fun begins,
and just fill it with rooms, floors, traps, monsters and bosses along the way. :D

Sexy_Raine
Jun 8, 2008, 03:42 PM
I hope this is a fake, and gets canceled. Castlevania does not deserve a movie to dishonor it. . Making it horror "themed" would only make it worse, as Castlevania was always an action based game. Directors need to GTFO and leave this series alone. If they wanna pick on a series, then go pick on Grand Theft Auto.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 8, 2008, 04:02 PM
NOOOOO.

First Dragonball, and now THIS?

*goes in a corner and cries quietly*

Monochrome
Jun 8, 2008, 04:36 PM
I almost don't have the heart to say this, but I'm afraid this won't hold a candle to the games proper. Here's hoping it gets axed.. let's cross our fingers ok?

TheOneHero
Jun 8, 2008, 04:54 PM
Old, old news. I posted about this two years ago or so.

I am not looking forward to it at all, as Skye said, writers/director are horrid. At least it's not Uwe Boll.

Paul Anderson even said, "I love all the Castlevania games, so I'm going to do the movie based on all of them." I am not even kidding, he said that.

Do you realize how stupid that is? Considering the series spans almost 1,000 years?

Also, this project really went downhill during the writer's strike, last I heard, it was put on the shelf. (Though that doesn't stop the writers/director to still want to do it.)

Eihwaz
Jun 8, 2008, 09:40 PM
Although it will probably turn out to be a big pile of shit, I still hope this might turn out halfway decent. I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath for an alternately moody and action-packed Gothic horror film, and prepare myself for a heap of stupidity, though. :disapprove:

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 9, 2008, 02:11 AM
Hahahaha...if this movie comes out, it BETTER be hilariously bad. Like, miserable little pile of secrets! bad.

Sadly, I don't think I can even hope for good comedy. Well, at least I can laugh at the movie poster. Dracula Begins. Heheh...

SubstanceD
Jun 9, 2008, 01:25 PM
This really depresses me.

At the very least we can take comfort in the fact that it will be Castlevania in name only. Last I heard, the guy who did the Resident Evil movies does not believe in doing straight ports of video game plots since he feels that gamers already know the plot and the characters and would much rather see somthing diiferent and unexpected. chances are there will be no Belmont in this movie.

Monochrome
Jun 9, 2008, 04:46 PM
Hahahaha...if this movie comes out, it BETTER be hilariously bad. Like, miserable little pile of secrets! bad.

lolz I thought the same thing:

Mankind ill needs a movie such as you!

Sord
Jun 9, 2008, 04:48 PM
'from the director of resident evil and alien v.s predator'

I laughed, hard. This is going to suck horribly well.

chaoskila
Jun 11, 2008, 06:47 PM
im too scared too watch these kinds of movies
castlvania does sound bad ass doesnt it. vampires and what not. but i bet therse a scene that will probably make me cry. shit in my pants. and go home before i watched the hole movie.*sigh*