PDA

View Full Version : GC: RAcast vs. RAmar

TheAshNazg
Jan 24, 2003, 05:22 PM
Please tell me wich is better is the long run (I have the GC version) the RAcast, or the RAmar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheAshNazg on 2003-01-24 14:22 ]</font>

AMP
Jan 24, 2003, 05:33 PM
RAcasts has more HP, ATP, and DFP than RAmars.
RAmar have more MST, ATA, and EVP than RAcasts.
RAmars can use techs such as Shifta, Deband, and Resta.
RAcasts can use traps.
RAmars can use 100 more materials than RAcasts.

Personally, I think RAmars are better since they have superior ATA (something RAngers need), and can make up for the ATP and DFP differences with Shifta and Deband. Also having Resta means you don't have to spend a lot on mates.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 24, 2003, 05:47 PM
I favor RAcast. He's the king of HP, and along with RAcaseal, he's virtually impossible to kill at higher levels.

I don't see RAmar having much of an advantage. Most teams will have a FOrce/HUnewearl/RAmarl on the team, which pretty much makes his techs useless, and his MST is just downrigt pathetic. He has the advantage solo and around level 100 or so, but I don't see techs being a huge advantage.

Blenjar
Jan 24, 2003, 05:53 PM
Ramar dude.

Ian D
Jan 24, 2003, 06:24 PM
I'd say RAmar, especially if you play offline at all.

Elixer
Jan 24, 2003, 07:13 PM
i would go with racast he has more hp and attack power and traps are cool.

Malkavian
Jan 25, 2003, 07:21 AM
RAcast all the way!

RedFox
Jan 25, 2003, 07:45 AM
RAcast with a decent section ID (greenil??) will pretty much win every time... sure mates will cost a lil more then being able to cast resta but the increased HP and dfp(??) will prevent that from becoming a major problem

CorneliusPower
Jan 25, 2003, 08:55 AM
RAmarls !! heh heh.

ABDUR101
Jan 25, 2003, 09:00 AM
I'll take a 'cast type anyday. The less I have to cast resta/anti the more I can pull the trigger or slash a blade. =

Manny
Jan 25, 2003, 11:09 AM
RAcast. They're physically superior. If you're a ranger you shouldn't be taking alot of hits either so you won't have to heal yourself every few seconds like a hunter.

LamerPanda
Jan 25, 2003, 11:19 AM
Geh, connection died when I was typing a reply... x.o; *tries again*

Depends on what you're doing.

If you're going to be in a team, it's nice to have more than one person with Resta, especially if you're playing with people lower levels than you are. I usually play with a FOmar and a HUcaseal, and the FO can't be around to heal all the time.

If you want higher attack and defense and you don't have to worry about healing your team constantly, go with a RAcast.

Neither's really "better", it depends on how you play. ^^

2Xtreme
Jan 25, 2003, 12:46 PM
I've leveled both a RAmar and a RAcast past level 100 and I'm trying to be objective here. My pick is the RAcast. Here's why:
- Sure the RAmar has MST, but so little it's almost useless. You will probably just use it to heal or to blow open lots of boxes. If there's a FOmar/FOnewm/FOmarl/FOnewearl/HUnewearl/RAmarl on your team, you won't be using shifta/deband anyways, because yours will be worse.
- The resta is sorta handy, but it takes time to cast; while a mate is instant. Plus, any good RAmar carries a few mates anyway in case he needs a quick emergency heal.
- You won't be buying many mates, but you will be buying fluids. Sure you wont buy as many fluids as a RAcast buys mates, but the fluids are almost twice as expensive.
- A RAcast's mag has the potential to do more for him. Since you don't need to add any MIND to supplement that awful RAmar MST, you can put your levels into stats like ATA, ATP, and DFP.
- RAcasts can't be poisoned.

Alielle
Jan 25, 2003, 02:47 PM
RAmars (http://home.ec.rr.com/iswhitch/pso/chuu.jpg) are yummy (http://home.ec.rr.com/iswhitch/pso/screenshots/030119-teehee.jpg).

Don't tell me this isn't a well thought-out answer, either. I've made this conclusion after 700+ hours of RAmar booty wigglin'. Plus, why do RAcasts have to be so huge when they're basically just snipers?

AdamW
Jan 25, 2003, 03:44 PM
I don't have an unbiased view so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Humans/newmans are scum. Kill them all. Long live androids. Fight the power my brother.

LamerPanda
Jan 25, 2003, 03:49 PM
*blinks at Adam*

Speciesist! ;-;

Sephiroth4902
Jan 25, 2003, 10:52 PM
RAMARS FOR LIFE

Spy
Jan 25, 2003, 11:27 PM
I am RAmar. I think this argument is settled.

AzureBlaze
Jan 26, 2003, 01:58 AM
As everyone pointed out, each char has its advantages and disadvantages, so the 'better' char would be the one you find most different from your current one/s.

I find that I and other people I meet have the most fun when they start up a char that is something totally different from what they were using before. Although RAmars were sort of a 'tough luck' char on DC version, they're more rewarding here. As for the bad MST everyone says...I had a little trick for mine:

Being an android, it was easy for me to raise him an all MST Apsaras mag. I gave it to him at level 1, along with the best possible techs I'd collected, and he was able to use only magic and have 1 and 2 tech kills on everything all the way up to VH, where it started takeing around 6, but was still very easy (except ruins). The nearly-same could be done with a RAcast and a POW mag, or a DEX mag and a red-handgun.

Although, isn't it true that the 'Best' char is the one that you enjoy the most?

DELTRON_ZERO
Jan 26, 2003, 02:47 AM
RAcast to the fullest...the high atp and dfp and hp make the RAcast poo all over the RAmar..even with the SD..at higher levels the RAcast is normally stronger than a RAmar of the same level with SD so...RAcast.

Zolpner
Jan 26, 2003, 02:54 AM
i agree with CorneliusPower 8D
heheh
RAmarl

Zolpner
Jan 26, 2003, 02:54 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH my FIRST DOUBL pOaSt NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2003-01-25 23:55 ]</font>

CajunSamurai
Jan 26, 2003, 03:12 AM
Well, my very first character was a RAmar so I'm definitely a little biased.
On one hand, they're a very well rounded class of Ranger. Spells, nice ATA and ATP...
On the other hand, they SUCK in Challenge mode and, last I tried, they suck even worse in Battle mode. Simple solution to those would be: Don't use them in those modes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I've never played a RAcast, but I have one ready to go on card B. Highest HP, higher ATP and ATA than RAmar... That's gonna be very nice. They also get the android bonuses too, of course, such as bombs. Offline is generally a little harder with an android without shifta and deband, but that's where Mylla&Youlla comes in handy.

I personally would probably make a RAcast, but you can't go wrong with either.

shadowdrak
Jan 26, 2003, 11:55 AM
A RAmar is better for offline because he can use techs. But a RAcast is good online if backed up with healing.