PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Clean Shot or a Low Blow?

eXo
Jun 8, 2008, 05:06 PM
The current direction of our gaming industry?

http://n4g.com/ps3/News-154945.aspx

Shadowpawn
Jun 8, 2008, 05:11 PM
It seems like he's making fun of the older playstations actually.

Monochrome
Jun 8, 2008, 05:11 PM
Seemed like kind of a gratuitous hardware plug ... or you could see it as a wink-and-a-nod back to ps1 games that had multiple discs... *shrug*

"damn it Otacon, get a grip!"

made me smile..

eXo
Jun 8, 2008, 05:34 PM
Who knows what it could be but people our trying to base it upon current generation technology and say it's a sdirect shot at my poor 360's software formats lack of compacity ......

McLaughlin
Jun 8, 2008, 05:52 PM
I don't give a shit how many discs my game is if it's a good game.

If anything, that seemed like a hardware plug for Blu-Ray, not a pot shot.

ABDUR101
Jun 8, 2008, 05:55 PM
I'm pretty sure he's poking fun at the opponent consoles, because it's true; and really who gives a shit? If I was the one making a game and there was an inferior product out, and I had the opportunity to make a jab about it, fuck yeah I would.

QQ I guess?

eXo
Jun 8, 2008, 06:45 PM
Yea in my opinion the recent actions 9of both MS & Sony are starting to contradict their past statments about this not being a console war. Well i am quite happy that i wont have to switch my disc multiple times, however if i did have to it wouldnt be that big of a deal unless it was like 3-4 disc like FF VII *lol*

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 8, 2008, 07:37 PM
People are trying to use this as a suggestion that this means there will be no MGS4 for the Xbox360. I submit that the video is inconclusive on this point, and can mean specifically the opposite. The Xbox360 may require multiple discs for MGS4, and may therefore have a cut scene very similar to the video. Now on the PS3, the cut scene is unnecessary but must be changed, anyway, as there is no second disc. It's probably easier to switch out the dialog than to re-script the entire sequence.

Kylie
Jun 8, 2008, 08:01 PM
Konami has always seemed to favor Sony. I don't see them porting MGS4 over to the 360, seeing as none of the other MGS games have been on Microsoft consoles. Oh, and the video won't work for me. >_>; I know it's Youtube, but bleh... long story.

Kent
Jun 8, 2008, 08:04 PM
Konami has always seemed to favor Sony. I don't see them porting MGS4 over to the 360, seeing as none of the other MGS games have been on Microsoft consoles. Oh, and the video won't work for me. >_>; I know it's Youtube, but bleh... long story.

Metal Gear Solid 2 would like to have a word with you.

Kylie
Jun 8, 2008, 08:17 PM
Metal Gear Solid 2 would like to have a word with you.
Psht. PC isn't a console!

And if it has been on an Xbox console, don't blame me for Konami (http://www.konami.com/Konami/ctl3810/cp20103/cl0/xbox) not listing it. >_>

Shadowpawn
Jun 8, 2008, 08:22 PM
MGS3 has also been ported to the XBOX as well. I forget if it was the original or the 360.

eXo
Jun 8, 2008, 09:38 PM
I remember mgs2

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/adventure/metalgearsolid2substance/index.html

i dont remember any others however but it's not like i have researched it etc.

McLaughlin
Jun 8, 2008, 09:57 PM
Metal Gear Solid 3 was ported to the Xbox.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 8, 2008, 10:45 PM
Was there an MSG port to GC, or is that my imagination?

Twin Snakes?

Alizarin
Jun 8, 2008, 10:50 PM
Was there an MSG port to GC, or is that my imagination?

Twin Snakes?

Yes. Metal Gear Solid 1&2 in a Two-disc package.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 8, 2008, 10:58 PM
Was it ironic that I was thinking of chinese food when I typed that?

:disapprove:

Alizarin
Jun 8, 2008, 11:09 PM
I was about to comment on it, but I couldn't think of a punchline.

As far as Xbox receiving MGS games, I recall MGS2:Substance coming out for the Xbox first, with the PS2 version following a short while later.

eXo
Jun 8, 2008, 11:24 PM
Metal Gear Solid 3 was ported to the Xbox.

Are you sure because i must admit that im suffering from Metalgear fever, I didnt get to play MGS:3 because i was focused on my WoW HWL grind, and i would really love to play this game eventually however i cant find anything on it for the xbox or 360.

Videogames.com & gamepro + google all have drawn me a blank result, they show like everything else but nothing on MGS3 on xbox was it an XBL thing? because i can easily just pick up the PS2 version and pop it in the 3 but if their is a 360 port then im sure it's probaly a little better and i would much rather purchase that version.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 9, 2008, 12:08 AM
Craigslist or Ebay/Amazon.

eXo
Jun 9, 2008, 02:10 AM
no luck ... oh well i have been looking for this just about all day i really wanted to play it but i guess that it soesnt exsist on xbox or something afterall...

Shadowpawn
Jun 9, 2008, 03:45 PM
Looks it was canceled for XBOX but I do remember them stating they were going to do that.

UnderscoreX
Jun 9, 2008, 04:03 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/kedh0h.png

MGS3 was never on Xbox but I believe number 2 was, and the original had an updated port on Gamecube.

Kylie
Jun 9, 2008, 04:42 PM
Well, I still say Konami prefers Sony over Microsoft; regardless if they ported MGS2 over to the Xbox. :roll: Then again, they're putting Silent Hill: Homecoming on the 360 from the get go, which surprises me, so I guess there is hope.

Sord
Jun 9, 2008, 04:44 PM
am I the only one that seems to get a login screen for this place, or just the only one not to have a log in?

amtalx
Jun 9, 2008, 04:57 PM
am I the only one that seems to get a login screen for this place, or just the only one not to have a log in?

You aren't alone.

eXo
Jun 9, 2008, 05:09 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/kedh0h.png

MGS3 was never on Xbox but I believe number 2 was, and the original had an updated port on Gamecube.

Dude what is that a picture of?

I got the log in screen two times but i have been fine ever since.

Kylie
Jun 9, 2008, 05:25 PM
It's a photoshop of what MGS4 would look like if packaged for the 360.

eXo
Jun 9, 2008, 05:50 PM

Dude thats like 20 disc or something lol but i must admit it's pretty funny however the funniest rip on the 360 that i have ever seen was, a guy on the gamespot forms his avatar was the 360 power light flashing RODD i laughed so hard that i almost pissed my pants.....

McLaughlin
Jun 9, 2008, 06:05 PM
All you have to do to mock a PS3 is mention its library.

amtalx
Jun 9, 2008, 06:12 PM

Damn, ouch.

Its true though. I bought one last weekend and I'm already going "what now?" Good thing MGS4 is coming soon.

Kent
Jun 9, 2008, 06:23 PM

...Which is kinda funny, because at most, the game would be taking up about four DVDs.

And we've already come across games that fit three and four DVDs in one case, with no problem.

Kylie
Jun 9, 2008, 06:27 PM
Damn, ouch.

Its true though. I bought one last weekend and I'm already going "what now?" Good thing MGS4 is coming soon.
Yeah, I honestly don't have a single PS3 game yet, and I've had it since Xmas. :-P

I have a long list of games I want from Q4 2008 and early 2009 though.

amtalx
Jun 10, 2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah, I honestly don't have a single PS3 game yet, and I've had it since Xmas. :-P

I have a long list of games I want from Q4 2008 and early 2009 though.

This begs the quesion: WHY DID YOU GET A PS3?! A gift? PS2 alternative?

Oh yea, and gib PSN ID.

Kylie
Jun 10, 2008, 12:30 PM
This begs the quesion: WHY DID YOU GET A PS3?! A gift? PS2 alternative?

Oh yea, and gib PSN ID.
Gift. ;) I asked for it because a) I had nothing else to ask for, and b) because I knew SH:H would be out before this Christmas and my birthday... I figured there'd be at least one decent game out before then... boy was I wrong! :disapprove: Oh, and my PSN is in my profile under gamertag. *whistles*

eXo
Jun 10, 2008, 04:35 PM

That statment is about as accurate as someone saying that the 360 version of GTA4 is better because it outsold the PS3 version 55% to 45%. Even thou their are way more 360's in homes across the world because the 360 console was released first.

The same theory applies when comparing the consoles videogame library, if you remove all of games released previous to the PS3 launch. If you compare them post launch you will realize that both consoles have several mediocre titles carried by about 4-5 good-great ones so far.

eXo
Jun 10, 2008, 04:38 PM
Damn, ouch.

You came at the right time and trust me if you were not a duel console owner the library would appear alot larger, however do to the majority of the games being multiplatform atm your xbox collection is limiting your options but WOOt 2 days to go ....

eXo
Jun 10, 2008, 04:43 PM
Gift. ;) I asked for it because a) I had nothing else to ask for, and b) because I knew SH:H would be out before this Christmas and my birthday... I figured there'd be at least one decent game out before then... boy was I wrong! :disapprove: Oh, and my PSN is in my profile under gamertag. *whistles*

Their is a few decent games outUncharted for starters is awesome....

amtalx
Jun 10, 2008, 04:47 PM
The only things I plan on getting for my PS3 are the exclusives and any cross-platform fighting games. Everything else will go on my 360. If it weren't for the criminal D-pad on the 360 controller, I'd get the fighting games on my 360 as well. The DualShock shape has been around for over ten years, yet they keep adding more features without rearranging anything. Time to update guys.

eXo
Jun 10, 2008, 04:51 PM
The only things I plan on getting for my PS3 are the exclusives and any cross-platform fighting games. Everything else will go on my 360. If it weren't for the criminal D-pad on the 360 controller, I'd get the fighting games on my 360 as well. The DualShock shape has been around for over ten years, yet they keep adding more features without rearranging anything. Time to update guys.

IDK this is kinda true but i guess sony fiures if it's not 100% broken then dont fix it i mean can you blame them nintendo tried to stray away from the traditional gamepad. And all that the closed minded individuals out their have done is give them grief.

amtalx
Jun 10, 2008, 05:02 PM
That controller shape is legendary. People are going to get pissed if it changes. However, that doens't mean it shouldn't change. That controller was never designed to have two analog sticks. As a result, they are way too close together (bad for FPS games). It was also never designed to have real triggers, which is why the placment just doens't feel right. Also, the pressure required for a trigger pull isn't uniform through the whole motion, which also drives me crazy. I'm looking forward do the DualShock3 though. At least it will get some of the weight back. The SIXAXIS controller just feels like some Madcatz garbage its so light.

McLaughlin
Jun 10, 2008, 06:11 PM
That statment is about as accurate as someone saying that the 360 version of GTA4 is better because it outsold the PS3 version 55% to 45%. Even thou their are way more 360's in homes across the world because the 360 console was released first.

The same theory applies when comparing the consoles videogame library, if you remove all of games released previous to the PS3 launch. If you compare them post launch you will realize that both consoles have several mediocre titles carried by about 4-5 good-great ones so far.

I can't think of more than one good PS3 title. Uncharted is it.

On the 360, you have Halo, Mass Effect, BioShock, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Gears of War, Forza, PGR, blah blah blah.

But I'm not arguing about this because I'm not allowed to, and your clear bias against Microsoft is derailing the thread.

Kylie
Jun 10, 2008, 06:17 PM
Please, fellas; the intranetz cannot take anymore console bickering. Play the system you like and be nice. :disapprove: But just because I want to, here are the games I plan on getting, and you'll see why I chose PS3 (well, I realize most of 'em are multi-console, but PS3 was the most accommodating to my tastes, which is how any console should be chosen).

Resident Evil 5 / TBA
WET / December 2008
Silent Hill: Homecoming / September 2008
The Sims 3 / TBA
MK Vs DC / TBA
FFXIII / TBA
FFXII: Versus / TBA
Tomb Raider Underworld / Q4 2008I'm a one console, small collection kind of girl, yes. :-P

man, I should stop coming in this thread - I keep derailing it

Sekani
Jun 10, 2008, 06:27 PM
The problem is that neither console has enough exclusives to justify getting them both. You can safely pick one and then not much on the other will be worth the financial effort.

amtalx
Jun 10, 2008, 06:32 PM
I've actually been lying about all of this. The only reason I have every console is so I can tell the PS3 fanboys the 360 is better, 360 fanboys the PS3 is better, etc.

eXo
Jun 10, 2008, 10:20 PM

On the 360, you have Halo, Mass Effect, BioShock, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Gears of War, Forza, PGR, blah blah blah.

But I'm not arguing about this because I'm not allowed to, and your clear bias against Microsoft is derailing the thread.

Good because your perception of the PS 3 line-up is clearly flawed, i didnt say only great games but i clearly said good-great which means that the system has.

Uncharted
Rachet & Clank
Grand Turismo 5
Warhawk &
Warhawk broken Mirror
Socom
Heavenly Sword

This is just a few of the games that come to mind without researching anything, once again i said these are good-great games and by me owninf every single game that you listed with the exception of Forza. i can say that the games i mentioned match up quite decently with your line-up. Therefore once again validating my point surrounding the console line-ups.

eXo
Jun 10, 2008, 10:28 PM

Good because your perception of the PS 3 line-up is clearly flawed, I didnt say only great games but i clearly said good-great which means that the system has.

Uncharted
Rachet & Clank
Grand Turismo 5
Warhawk &
Warhawk broken Mirror
Socom
Heavenly Sword

This is just a few of the games that come to mind without researching anything, once again i said these are good-great games and by me ownig every single game that you listed with the exception of Forza. I can say that the games i mentioned match up quite decently with your line-up. Therefore once again validating my point surrounding the console line-ups,however their is really nothing wrong with being misinformed regarding information as long as your able togain new knowledge from it.

But I'm not arguing about this because I'm not allowed to, and your clear bias against SONY is derailing the thread

omegapirate2k
Jun 11, 2008, 12:14 AM
My PS3 is just sitting there right now, although I'm really amped for MGS4.

I have both heavenly sword and warhawk and wasn't particularly impressed, GTR5: prologue is a glorified demo. Socom has never interested me, neither has Ratchet in Clank. The only one I would want to play off the list is uncharted, which I might rent or something in the near future... maybe.

The best thing about the PS3 to me so far is that it's the cheapest bluray player on the market (or atleast it was on launch).

eXo
Jun 11, 2008, 12:34 AM
My PS3 is just sitting there right now, although I'm really amped for MGS4.

I have both heavenly sword and warhawk and wasn't particularly impressed, GTR5: prologue is a glorified demo. Socom has never interested me, neither has Ratchet in Clank. The only one I would want to play off the list is uncharted, which I might rent or something in the near future... maybe.

The best thing about the PS3 to me so far is that it's the cheapest bluray player on the market (or atleast it was on launch).

I can respect and somewhat agree with your opinion because like i mentioned the line-up is decent in the good-grat catagory depending on if youre a fan of that paticular game genre. However regardless of if we prefer a specific title or not doesnt mean that it's a poor line-up as it's pretty solid if you play those types of games.I clearly remember several people bashing the hell out of Kameo when the 360 launched and i actually liked that game...

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 01:47 AM
Kameo made me weep. I was sorely disappointed in both Kameo and PDZ.

eXo
Jun 11, 2008, 02:29 AM
Kameo made me weep. I was sorely disappointed in both Kameo and PDZ.

O_O but you could turn into plants and stuff....

UnderscoreX
Jun 11, 2008, 04:55 AM
I find it highly ironic that people are knocking the PS3 library in a MGS4 thread.

eXo
Jun 11, 2008, 01:01 PM
I find it highly ironic that people are knocking the PS3 library in a MGS4 thread.

Yea after awhile you develope thick skin and become immune to it because you understand the reality of the situation.

McLaughlin
Jun 11, 2008, 08:59 PM
He's derailing his own thread, and I'll have no more part in it.

Kent
Jun 11, 2008, 09:30 PM
They're in a rush to get it out of their system (har) before the PlayStation 3's first exclusive with potential for greatness arrives.

eXo
Jun 12, 2008, 01:07 AM
They're in a rush to get it out of their system (har) before the PlayStation 3's first exclusive with potential for greatness arrives.

WoW youre on fire today ......BTW do you still own Wattari or did you ebay him?

eXo
Jun 12, 2008, 12:55 PM
Woot welcome me to the MGS4 club!