PDA

View Full Version : Driver Issue with Logitech Rumble Pad 2

MaximusLight
Jun 8, 2008, 10:57 PM
This has been going on for some time now but I have not found out anything other than there is not information on why this could be happening.

After a computer crash serval mounths ago both my RumblePad and my headphones started having a "Driver not intended for platform error"
I first tried the decive manager, gave me the same result still.
I then tried a reinstall of Windows XP, which didn't work (and now windows update won't work properly either)

Virus scans don't turn up anything from multiple scaners (and same goes for spy-ware detectors, I tired just to be on the safe side)

Here is the interesting part though:
They both still draw power from the computer and receive proper signals from the computer, but they are not being detected/read properly by the computer.
I came to this conclusion after trying out my headphones and getting the same message, yet they still worked then testing the sound recordeing abilities of them and they worked, yet still getting the same message.
My rumblepad, on the other hand still does not work, no input is detected by the computer, yet it still operates internally.

Any suggestions on where to look next would be apprecated.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 8, 2008, 11:50 PM
Did you try uninstalling the sofware for the controller? That might help.
Then reinstall.

MaximusLight
Jun 9, 2008, 12:55 AM
Yeap, the headphones don't have software, they're pure plug and play so I couldn't with them though (if that makes a difference)

Nitro Vordex
Jun 9, 2008, 04:57 PM
Is there a reset button on them?

MaximusLight
Jun 9, 2008, 05:12 PM
Nope.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 9, 2008, 09:24 PM
It's not wireless is it?

MaximusLight
Jun 9, 2008, 10:55 PM
Nope, normal everyday usb cord kind.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 10, 2008, 01:49 PM
If it didn't work before, you could probably return it.

Although if it was working before, you might have spilled something on it, rattled something inside, etc.

That's really all I can think of.

MaximusLight
Jun 10, 2008, 03:07 PM
If it didn't work before, you could probably return it.

Although if it was working before, you might have spilled something on it, rattled something inside, etc.

That's really all I can think of.

It was working before and I didn't spill anything on it...
Darn it! >.<
I'm betting it's some small read-error or setting change that's doing it...
Something small and otherwise unoticable.