PDA

View Full Version : OMFGZ!! NO DUPING?!?!?!

Mr_Snuggles
Jan 24, 2003, 05:55 PM
Ok...please tell me this isnt true. I was at my friends house today and he told me that the recent server maintainace patched the online dupe. (i havent been online due to HL expiration) so someone please confirm this to me..i cant live w/o dupes http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Eden
Jan 24, 2003, 10:07 PM
learn how to play the game it was meant to be played you lazy bum

Nawms
Jan 24, 2003, 10:43 PM
On 2003-01-24 19:07, Eden wrote:

Hey calm down, I can understand her position. But she is going to have to get used to it. I hate to sound like my great uncle, but the rules are meant to be followed.

Vantamiath
Jan 24, 2003, 10:56 PM
Its really no different, people can still dupe offline, then hand them out online...Its good to see ST cares though.

Mike
Jan 24, 2003, 11:17 PM
The bad thing is that this patch apparently gave me my first FSOD. Darn. I was really attached to those mates. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ABDUR101
Jan 25, 2003, 08:15 AM
...I'm surprised people aren't more use to sarcasm. =

What will I do?! I will nto survive Ulrimate Caves now!!1

BonusKun
Jan 25, 2003, 08:54 AM
On 2003-01-24 19:56, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:
Its really no different, people can still dupe offline, then hand them out online...Its good to see ST cares though.

And to this I agree with you 100%. It only slowed down the problem but it did not stop it fully.

BonusKun
Jan 25, 2003, 08:55 AM
On 2003-01-24 19:07, Eden wrote:

Does that mean if your character gets corrupted because of this patch then it's how the game was 'meant' to be played?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-01-25 05:56 ]</font>

Vantamiath
Jan 25, 2003, 12:37 PM
I havent had any problems with FSOD/Corruption with this new patch, maybe it only targets cheaters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BonusKun
Jan 25, 2003, 09:52 PM
On 2003-01-25 09:37, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:
I havent had any problems with FSOD/Corruption with this new patch, maybe it only targets cheaters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Heh your sarcasm makes me chuckle...

Mr_Snuggles
Jan 27, 2003, 08:08 PM
i know duping is a bad thing but most of u dont know me.. my life on pso is basically battling and challenge mode. the reason i dupe is so my character can look cool with good stuff. i dont brag about my duping or all the items i have. i play the game it should be played; its not cheating cause im not using a cheating device..its not my problem that ST had a little bug that allowed players to dupe..oh and one more thing this may be a little irrelavent to the topic but i believe that all these fsod's and corruptions is to get rid of peoples dupes(just my opinion)

Fonara
Jan 31, 2003, 02:41 AM
People found a new way to dupe online now, so much for the patch.

Mikal_Aganti
Feb 6, 2003, 01:34 PM
Sheesh! You people act as if you can't live without dupes! Play the game it was meant to be played! Have patience! (And for surviving Ultimate Caves, spend a few hours building up a LV200 MAG, find a Gugnir with a Hit+, a 4-slotted armor, and reach LV90+. You can do this WITHOUT duping.)

Sasarai
Feb 6, 2003, 03:42 PM
On 2003-01-27 17:08, Mr_Snuggles wrote:
i know duping is a bad thing but most of u dont know me.. my life on pso is basically battling and challenge mode. the reason i dupe is so my character can look cool with good stuff. i dont brag about my duping or all the items i have. i play the game it should be played; its not cheating cause im not using a cheating device..its not my problem that ST had a little bug that allowed players to dupe..oh and one more thing this may be a little irrelavent to the topic but i believe that all these fsod's and corruptions is to get rid of peoples dupes(just my opinion)

In this post not only do you prove how retarded you are, but you insinuate that Sonic Team's mistake should be abused by idiots like you. I swear--if there is a God, he will not let you breed. People with your logic should die off. Perhaps online gameplay wouldn't suck so much.

What happened Darwin, Theory of Natural Selection doesn't apply to abridged mental capacity?

elfin
Feb 7, 2003, 09:10 AM
Go Sasarai!!!! Vote Sasarai!!!

KodiaX987
Feb 7, 2003, 11:33 AM
Dear God, this is the second time he unleashes a good one at a cheater.

Man, you gotta be God himself or something. I once did shut a cheater's trap, but TWICE?! Never, ever been able to do it.

Where's the bow smiley when we need one? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

fyrewyre
Feb 7, 2003, 11:37 AM
I blame the beta testers who were soooo giddy that they had the game, they didnt do their jobs. After doing eq for ps2 (sucky imo)...wait...thats irrelivant. good night everybody

Sasarai
Feb 7, 2003, 03:50 PM
Haha.

I'm glad my posts give a certain amount of entertainment value to those who read them.

As long as daft remarks are made on posts I bother to read, I promise to have a witty and justified rebuttal.

(Vote Sasarai for President 2004.)

Counter-points are what make our discussions interesting and worth reading. I'm sure the people I blast hate me, but I'm not here to make friends (or enemies). I'm here to offer a subjective view point, and will never claim objectivity--I have my opinions and you, yours. However, if we all had the same opinion, or if none of us had the courage (for lack of a better term) to speak up, this Forum would have no point.

To those of you who are subject to my criticism:

I apologize if I actually hurt your feelings, I, like many others, forget that there are people behind the keyboard. Though, I will never backdown from any stance I take on an issue.

Mr_Snuggles
Feb 7, 2003, 03:51 PM
Hmmmm.....man, that was intense! as much as u insult me or critisize about the fact that i like to dupe isnt going to help much. i wrote this forum for other people who might agree or think that "Dam no more duping..that sucks". And if u think that i "live" for dupes ur more retarded that me. cmon now..i find just as many weapons as other people do and if i get the opportunity to get a rare weapon and make copies of it w/o doing the dirty work to find it that so what?! when a chance like comes around i take it. im not gonna be like sum legit and think about playing the game it should be...i would expect a little more respect from u..plus were both from FL we should be cool. (<---dont know why i put that there...like u said. im retarded :1)

PRINCE-MALIK
Feb 8, 2003, 10:05 PM
SASARI FOR PRESIDENT!!
(I'm gonna be secretary of OFFENSE !!)

Sasarai
Feb 8, 2003, 10:49 PM
On 2003-02-07 12:51, Mr_Snuggles wrote:
Hmmmm.....man, that was intense! as much as u insult me or critisize about the fact that i like to dupe isnt going to help much. i wrote this forum for other people who might agree or think that "Dam no more duping..that sucks".

1. And if u think that i "live" for dupes ur more retarded that me.

2. cmon now..i find just as many weapons as other people do and if i get the opportunity to get a rare weapon and make copies of it w/o doing the dirty work to find it that so what?! when a chance like comes around i take it. im not gonna be like sum legit and think about playing the game it should be...

3. i would expect a little more respect from u..plus were both from FL we should be cool. (<---dont know why i put that there...like u said. im retarded :1)

The numbered and bold-font sections correspond with each numbered point I make. (Quote 1 corresponds with response 1. etc.)

Responses:

1. I never stated you lived for duping. Therefore I cannot be as "retarded."

However, I doubt that term befits you any longer. I have had the privilege to work with mentally handicap/slow learning students and they have more sense than you.

In what respect you may ask? I will elaborate in the next point.

2. The students I worked with went to Wal-Mart every Wednesday to improve their shopping and social skills. They knew when a potential purchase was worth the cost or not.

This normally innate thought process has become a part of our society, but dupers seem to have no concept of it.

When you purchase something, the enjoyment or utilization of the product will meet or exceed the initial cost. However, by duping, you completely disregard this fact. How? Because the game is based solely on collecting items and leveling your character(s).

So I pose this question to you, why would you consciously waste your time and money on a product you will get no satisfaction from?

If you don't believe anything I said, ask an economist.

What I just outlined for you was diminishing marginal costs, except here there is no diminishing cost since the value of what the product has to offer for you is, once you begin to dupe/use dupes, nothing.

3. I respect all people, but not your opinion or comments.

-----------------------------------------------------

Mr_Snuggles' original post was only edited in format, all words and sentences remain in their original format.

Sorry for the lengthy post everyone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasarai on 2003-02-08 19:51 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Feb 10, 2003, 10:50 AM
He has it in the blood, he's a total natural! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Hey, if he's pres, I wanna be the secreatry of rants! Nothing like blowing off some steam; makes ya feel so much better! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sasarai
Feb 10, 2003, 03:14 PM
On 2003-02-10 07:50, KodiaX987 wrote:
He has it in the blood, he's a total natural! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Hey, if he's pres, I wanna be the secreatry of rants! Nothing like blowing off some steam; makes ya feel so much better! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

All I can say is:

Vote Sasarai for President!

Secretary of Offense, Prince-Malik

Secretary of Rants, KodiaX987
And for some, corny, political humor:

House Minority "Whip," Mr_Snuggles

Mr_Snuggles
Feb 10, 2003, 07:45 PM
Hmmm someone has been studying their Economics book. oh and i do get a satisfaction of Pso for ur info. lvling sucks i admit that..i dont play pso for the leveling i play it for battles and challenges and yes cheating makes it fun to. Continue with ur insults...it just gives me more reasons to talk back and gain more posts. =D

RuneLateralus
Feb 10, 2003, 09:27 PM
And it gives me a stronger incentive to lock this thread.

I think this topic has worn thin of will and can be said.