PDA

View Full Version : AotI Any advice on how to solo True Darkness S2 quick as a fortegunner

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 9, 2008, 02:58 AM
I have a level 95 Female Cast level 14 Fortegunner
For the moment i use the following Weapons/PAs:

Mizurakihoh 0/10,Kuijibahoh 3/10- Killer Shot lvl 23, Rising shot lvl 7(working on it )
Shigga Desta 0/10-Barada Yoga lvl 23
Gur Asted 0/10-Boma Yoga lvl 24
Deathmaker 10/10 Twin Rising Lvl 13
Beam Vulcanic 10/10 Rising Fury lvl 37

On small mobs like the dogs i just use the shotgun then finish it with the machine gun....
normally only use gur asted either for the gaozorans or to get enemies away from me.
Killer shot isnt workin all that well so i guess i have to get it to 31

On average i can do the level in 10 minutes while dulk fakis is bout 7 or 8. Mainly the machine gun or the rifle if i cant reach him....

Is there any advice for those who use FG where i can get through a lil faster??? Maybe a 3-4 minute difference.

Someone told me try to get that Ultimate Cross Bow PA but i wasnt sure.....

Turb0
Jun 9, 2008, 03:15 AM
I'm by no means an expert on speed runs, but what I'd do is probably use zagenga/light shotgun on most things and then use the light laser when enemies line up (if you have it to a decent level). For the boss, you can majarra or shotgun him as well as nanoblast/suv if you have them.

mvffin
Jun 9, 2008, 03:15 AM
use those grenades on the boss.

I use shotgun and laser for most of the level, gaozorans are rough, but if you can get a 31+ rifle to knock them down, they are more manageable.

RemiusTA
Jun 9, 2008, 03:19 AM
shoot and dont get touched?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 9, 2008, 03:25 AM
shoot and dont get touched?

lol either said then done

I did kinda forget about the laser... i might have to work on that i wanna get rising shot to 31 first though....idk how long that will take. Hopefully i can get it done sometime 2morrow

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 9, 2008, 03:37 AM
Carry a 50% light saber with spinning strike and a 50% light spear with majarra to keep bullet-resistant enemies in check.

Dakkon
Jun 9, 2008, 05:59 AM
(This post is elaborated according your mentioned options available to maximize your efficiency without stretching your patterns on your style neither your bucket, I just try to give helpful advice, not imposing my thoughts)

Someone told me try to get that Ultimate Cross Bow PA but i wasnt sure.....

It won't be faster than your Rising Fury (specially if you have to lvl it up from scratch) and as a Fortegunner you should avoid functionality overlap in your weapon selection (for example, why bother with Twin Handguns if both Rifle -range, anti-air/flying enemies- and Machinegun -dps- outdo Twin Handguns in both of its departments as a weapon? There is a similar relation between the trio Shotgun-Crossbow-Machinegun).

normally only use gur asted either for the gaozorans or to get enemies away from me.

You should spam it on the Sendillan big spawns (as in 2 of the 3 variants of Block 2's first room), Grenade Launcher wrecks them hard since they just roll over stalled on the place instead of being thrown away.

while dulk fakis is bout 7 or 8. Mainly the machine gun or the rifle if i cant reach him....

Here i will extend in a kind of Fakis tutorial using only guns, most players will tell you "majarra is the way" but I personally think Majarra is too cheap and makes bad/lazy players (and avoiding it prepares you for Gunmaster), for anyone it can help, you may know part or all of this, yet take a read.

Claw stance (initial stance):
Option one: get aside and fpv his head with the Rifle.
Option two: Shotgun, try to double hit plus point blanking on the multiple talons, always from the side, so when he launches the claw-tail forward, you can chase it and position yourself under the claw and keep shotting without any need to worry about the lateral lineal slashes from his swords, until he sweeps the whole tail around the place, in which case there isn't much to do aside from dodging and/or taking your damage. If you keep by the side (except in claw-tail extension pose mentioned above) he won't try the short swing that causes knockdown, and if he retracts the claw and starts casting, don't try to dodge or get away, just ignore the flashy effects, try to position on the edge of the floor and keep shotting close and by the side.

Spinning stance:
Shotgun, he will recoil in circles around you, instead of chasing the claw circling with him, keep shotting blindly to the same direction until he stops, you will hit him, once he stops, get close to the first two hitboxes of its bottom abdomen and continue your shottie punishment until he leaves the scene.

Face down stance:
(Often after charging back re-entering the scene) when he turns face down and probes the area with the cone thing, ignore him and pull out your Grenade Launcher, position yourself in a diagonal angle (45º more or less, just enough to avoid the incoming tail-claw sweep-extension trying to catch you) calibrating your reach with the launcher aiming to the edge of the point in which he just flipped face down and started his show, after he finishes his probe round, he will rotate around the area situating his body just in the place he left and you were aiming at, for a few sweet full hit grenades. After a pair of the aforementioned sweep attacks (and a body laser if you are lucky) he will rise and execute a body smash, keep bombing the area, but watch his back for missiles, in which case just run away while switching to your Shotgun, he will probably start spinning.

Ra~tech casting stance and pre meteor stance:
Just as "Claw stance (initial stance)", but more rifle friendly, keep shotting (between the quick pre meteor and post meteor Trimate) in the time it takes for when the camera zooms out rising, while the meteor is falling, and while the explosion dissipates.

Well I'm done with my advice, which I think covers well the scenario, we (you, the thread, the forum) could discuss in depth the different Fortegunner approaches in weapon choices for every enemy amongst the run, there is always more than one way to do a good job, but I think I tortured anyone dare enough who keeps reading this so I'm done here. Sorry for the length of this post, Monday at the office, so boring...

Good luck.

chaoskila
Jun 9, 2008, 06:13 AM
go guntecher
use crossbow
use zegenga
enjoy doing 500+ a bullet

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jun 9, 2008, 06:16 AM
Use Paradis on the 3 gaozorans :)

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 9, 2008, 07:25 AM
Yea im going to try Dakkon advice. I'd try any reasonable advice :P Thanks

Tianna
Jun 9, 2008, 07:51 AM
Yes, what Dakkon said is true. I use shotties the whole run and break out my paradi on gaozorans. I do have my light shotgun bullets to 40 which helps alot. Never even use my blackbull or rattlesnake for gaozorans anymore but rifles would help you too.

Niloklives
Jun 9, 2008, 08:12 AM
yeah if you have paradi, it will take the 3 gaos to near 0 or kill thm if you get at least one crit. after that one hit from just about anything will take out the stragglers.

for the bullet resistant enemies, I mean that's wht they gave FG lvl 20 skills. spinning strike and majarra are both god PAs to have. sick a dot on them with a trp and unload. a good melee PA will outdamage your guns without fail.

go guntecher
use crossbow
use zegenga

I'm really hoping thats a joke

stukasa
Jun 9, 2008, 11:09 AM
Use Paradis on the 3 gaozorans :)
^ I agree. I used to hate that room playing TD with my non-CASTs. Saving your SUV for the final 3 Gaos makes things a LOT more pleasant.

Here's what I use:
Sendillans - shotgun
Deljabans - twin handguns
Pannons - mechguns
Gaozoran - rifle (if 31+) or twin handguns
Jusnagun - rifle (burn)
Dilnazen - rifle (burn)
Dulk Fakis - rifle & grenades

amtalx
Jun 9, 2008, 11:20 AM
go guntecher
use crossbow
use zegenga

You make me laugh.

Anyway. Zagenga will be the fastest in most situations...not getting hit is the hard part. This also builds SUVs quickly.

Twin Handguns always fail, always. Permanently remove them from your palette until Gunmaster is released.

Bullet levels are critical as a gunner. That is where virtually all of our power comes from. Get those shots above 31 and you will see a significant improvement.

And use Majarra when you can against Fakis... It doesn't make sense to play like one class when you are actually a totally different class. Intentionally avoiding one of the greatest strengths of fGs is just silly.

Turb0
Jun 9, 2008, 01:54 PM
Here i will extend in a kind of Fakis tutorial using only guns, most players will tell you "majarra is the way" but I personally think Majarra is too cheap and makes bad/lazy players (and avoiding it prepares you for Gunmaster), for anyone it can help, you may know part or all of this, yet take a read.

Face down stance:
(Often after charging back re-entering the scene) when he turns face down and probes the area with the cone thing, ignore him and pull out your Grenade Launcher

Grenades won't prepare you for gunmaster either. :-P

Scottbot
Jun 9, 2008, 02:42 PM
The truth is at ur current lvl ur not going to be able to speed through it that fast. u need lvl 20 fortegunner and somewhere over 100 character lvl. Lvl 40 light rifle bullets on a blackbull or rattlesnake with a decent grind. shifta agistrides (or whatever there called). high percentage light 9* muktrand wiv lvl 20 dus majarra. and last but definately not least.... us ur npcs as meat shield!! thats how i do it anyway.

Dakkon
Jun 9, 2008, 03:41 PM
And use Majarra when you can against Fakis... It doesn't make sense to play like one class when you are actually a totally different class. Intentionally avoiding one of the greatest strengths of fGs is just silly.

I just gave MY view and with HIS options, you are taking the Gunmaster note too far, it was just an additional reference, not a reason, and not for the fact that Gunmaster can't use Majarra and "let's play as if you were..." (I'm telling him to use Grenade Launcher, Mechgun and explained why he should avoid Twin Handguns, how by any chance does that relate to "play as GM"?), but for the fact that Majarra develops dependency in your play style.

A bit off topic and speaking of Majarra, in no way I stated that it isn't the fastest method, it is, and 3 of my 4 characters can use Spears, yet only one does, why? because I wouldn't feel a different experience if I were switching to my Fortegunner sick of my Fortefighter (for example) and keep using some of the same weapons/skills, or as why my Fighunner uses slicers but my Fortefighter doesn't. I distrubuted and configurated the weapon types and the photon arts amongst my four characters without repeating a single one, yet having every existing photon art disk at lvl 30 or higher (far before the rebalance update), for a single reason, making the game a fresh experience and a different game every time I log on with one of my characters.
What does all this shit have to do with Majarra? well, because overused, powerful and broken skills (as Majarra, Chiki Chiki or Jabroga) kill the fun and pile in monotony, and it's too sad to see you (or anyone) whine about how did you quit because the game is too easy, boring, un-challenging, badly developed/updated, offers you nothing and or you already did everything etc. without having explored the game in its full potential (far more than maximizing just one character or having a pair of them yet overlapping and repeating in half of their play style, Ok if some people likes one thing and just that one thing, but the truth is anyone who keeps playing nowadays, anyone who still pays despite the torment and the screwups segac deployed one after another, loves the game in some way or another, and when you love the game you start to open your mind to all of it's angles, many people over time ended enjoying a techer -insert random class, race, weapon, whatever- they always said would never use).

Yes, all that boring, unnecessary and degenerated speech was meant to create an atmosphere in which I could make an accurate explanation of why did I mentioned Majarra and it's circumstances.

To justify/excuse my post?

No, just to share my mind, this is a forum.

dc534
Jun 9, 2008, 08:07 PM
It is not rocket science so dont overcompicate things people.

FG Shotgun works well on Gaozorans as well as the rifle.
PT Virus Trap Gaozorans and then just freeze trap them to death.
FiG Machinegun or Twin pistols, this is how I do it and that room takes me all of 2-3 minutes
Force type class, Regrant knocks them down
FF well anything because you should hit hard enough to destroy everything.

I might add a sugestion of bringing two armors, I dont even mind getting hit by fireballs when wearing 46% fire armor with a legsless rainbow and an hp restore unit. The Gaozorans fireballs used to hit me for 1100 and crit for 1600 now with the fire armor I get hit for 550 and crits are only 800. This makes the room clearing easier and qquicker because I can still be on target and dont have to keep running away and healing myself, I also suggest to any fighters not to do thed opposite and where ice armor because their ice even with fire armor only hits for 800 while if you put ice armor on and take a fireball it will kill you instantly

Leah
Jun 9, 2008, 08:17 PM
shotgun, 31+ barada yoga on everything
paradi on gaos
stun/resist
cancel on dilnazen, they're bullet resistant

i'm getting used to not relying on melee, so dilnazen part is up to you.

i get around 8-9 mins on average.

dc534
Jun 9, 2008, 08:29 PM
nice dude my best time so far is 8 minutes, playing as a FiG of all classes, I usually dont try to push it to hard so I usually get 11 minutes not even trying.

CellarDoor
Jun 9, 2008, 09:46 PM
go guntecher
use crossbow
use zegenga

As a Fortegunner I do 680 or so per bullet with Yak Yoga (40) and 10/10 Cubo Mamba, and that's with full health :wacko:

I usually use my shotgun (Shigga Barec +3, Barada Yoga 40) for everything except Deljaban, Gaozoran and Dilnazen.

Deljabans and Gaozorans get the Xbow while the Dilnazens get a Spear with Majarra or Saber with Spinning Strike.

For Dulk Fakis I use my Shotgun, unless he's upside-down, then I use a Grenade Launcher.

I average 9-10 minutes as a 130/20 F Cast.

Urtri
Jun 10, 2008, 03:28 AM
as a Long time Fortegunner my advice is this on weapons:-

Rifles - Try and get Burning Shot (For Dilnezians) and Rising shot (for Jusnaguns and Fakis) to 21+ at least and at least 1 Bullet to 31+ (For Gao's)
Shotgun - Boma Yoga at 21+ (for Block 1 Mobs)
Lazer Cannon - Rising Prism (any lvl but the higher the better for Block 2)

and this is just generally Fortegunner Advice

Learn the Maps and where the Chokepoints/safepoints are
TRY NOT to get dependant on Spears, Mechs and Xbows as primary weapons but try and get into the habit of using them for dealing with certain enemies/cercumstances (Spears on Polyvohra's, Xbows in parties that sort of thing)
USE TRAPS to give you the advantage when you have'nt got a SE4 Bullet that can deal a specific SE (i.e. Virus Traps until you get lvl 21+ Dark Shot)

Hrith
Jun 11, 2008, 01:02 PM
Lasers aren't too useful in there.

I use Barada Yoga against everything except Deljabans, they get Yak Yoga.
Yak Zagenga fails in this mission, don't bother.

Rising Shot Lv40 against Gaozorans can help if you're getting raped.

Cancel on maps with Dilnazen, waste of time, unless you want a [B] Gizaha-zashi ;o

Shotgun on boss, very easy to multi-shoot and less vulnerable than grenades.

dc534
Jun 11, 2008, 01:58 PM
Also bring some traps might as well, if you loose your suv I would bring these three trap types:

Confuse, gaoz magic misses every time no matter what.
Freeze, pretty obvious here.
Virus, it does not matter if they are dark it still takes off the same ammount of health.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jun 12, 2008, 10:35 AM
Hmmm good advice....
I now i have rising fury to 40 and for some reasons it seems using machine gun when he is by me seems more effecient.....idk could be just me. If he is upside down if i hit his face i can normally hit bout 500 (maybe 600 with a crit)*agristride* I know shotgun would in 5 spots point black but how fast the machinegun is...kinda cancels out.....

hmmmm idk

th0rnz
Jun 14, 2008, 07:41 AM
I'm a lvl 130 Human Fighgunner, and I can rip through the level using lvl 23 light x-bow bullets the whole way until the boss where I majarra the hell out of him.

You should do well with the same setup.