PDA

View Full Version : Oh screw you Economy

Realmz
Jun 9, 2008, 09:35 PM
i remember before i left months ago, wood was my main problem, i never had any Ebon to make anything.

now that i'm back, i still have no ebon to make anything. I was in the synth shop, stocking up on cheap 3* mats to make stuff for a lowbie friend of mine when i noticed "hey ebon is only 4000! i wonder how much it is in player shops"

so i go and look that up. I see prices of 4250 4500, i remind myself, some people try to prey on those that don't know NPC prices. I look at the lower ones and the cheapest i find is 3996

FOUR LESS THEN NPC?!

Back in my day NPC stuff was at least 25% off! most of the time Half off!

screw you player made economy!

hey anyone wanna give me some Par Ebon?

Android18
Jun 9, 2008, 09:41 PM
"I remember before I left months ago, wood was my main problem..."

ROFL

Sounds like a personal problem man.

(Just buy the NPC stuff, or go make some more money before you invest.)

Akio
Jun 9, 2008, 09:42 PM
I can sell some to you cheap, like 2k. but all and all par ebon is pretty easy to find in some of the outside Parum Missions like Plains overlord, Mad Creatures, and the Gol Dova Mission. Neu and Mot on the other hand seem to be a little more ellusive, especially the walna versions.
So PM me if you wanna buy a few...

furrypaws
Jun 9, 2008, 09:47 PM
Back in my day NPC stuff was at least 25% off! most of the time Half off!

....Something tells me we were playing different games. XD

Either that or you're on the 360 servers and the economy was actually good. "Back in my day" you'd more often than not find regular photons, monomates, and junk boards at maximum price, and while that can be storage, I faintly remember some people placing them at 100k.

Not to mention elemental photons could be sold from 5k-50k, Kubara wood 20k-50k, and I even think Copernia could go for as much as 100k.

I wish I had sold more than I had back then. =(

unis_ascele
Jun 9, 2008, 09:47 PM
my shop has had a warning about this for over 6 months now, and still everytime i look its the same ole thing, I feel your pain man

Omega_Weltall
Jun 9, 2008, 09:52 PM
El-Photons...4000 i have nothing else to say

mvffin
Jun 9, 2008, 09:56 PM
resins, ebons, and photons are the worst.

or 6* neutral ungrinded weapons for 100k. (35k at NPC)

Zorafim
Jun 9, 2008, 09:58 PM
Considering the economy is inflated as much as it is, of course nobody's going to make a career out of selling ebons. I doubt anyone is thinking of profit when they pick it up, considering the meseta stack next to it adds up to roughly as much. I just NPC the stuff in bulk when I find it.

Realmz
Jun 9, 2008, 09:58 PM
....Something tells me we were playing different games. XD

Either that or you're on the 360 servers and the economy was actually good. "Back in my day" you'd more often than not find regular photons, monomates, and junk boards at maximum price, and while that can be storage, I faintly remember some people placing them at 100k.

Not to mention elemental photons could be sold from 5k-50k, Kubara wood 20k-50k, and I even think Copernia could go for as much as 100k.

I wish I had sold more than I had back then. =(

okay maybe not all the shops, but the people that weren't selling over the npc's had a greater discount then 4 freaking meseta

lee-san
Jun 9, 2008, 10:32 PM
Back in your day? What are you like 80?

MaximusLight
Jun 9, 2008, 11:03 PM
One word:

Copernia

Ahkaskar
Jun 9, 2008, 11:36 PM
okay maybe not all the shops, but the people that weren't selling over the npc's had a greater discount then 4 freaking meseta
From what I remember, not on PC/PS2. Very rarely (read: never) did I ever see a discount on Wood materials.

SonicTMP
Jun 9, 2008, 11:40 PM
I love the ebons that are sold in somsone's shop and they have the ad saying "Don't buy or sell over the NPC price!"

I usually just buy some ebons from the npc if i need them. Or use the wood conversion boards. Nothing like turing that useless stack of wood into ebon. Now if we could only get a walna conversion board.

Realmz
Jun 9, 2008, 11:46 PM
I love the ebons that are sold in somsone's shop and they have the ad saying "Don't buy or sell over the NPC price!"

I usually just buy some ebons from the npc if i need them. Or use the wood conversion boards. Nothing like turing that useless stack of wood into ebon. Now if we could only get a walna conversion board.

yesa walna board would be awesome. only real thing keeping me from hunting for S ranks right now is i gots no Walna

Niloklives
Jun 10, 2008, 12:48 AM
walna is fairly easy to come by if you know where to look.

you're right though. pre AoI there were a lot of shops that soold stuff at 25-50% off of NPC prices. the probably still exists and are just boought out very quickly. now adays I have so much ebon though I'm not sure if i should sell it or keep it just in case.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jun 10, 2008, 06:38 AM
One word:

Coperniacopernia = half a grinder base S thats why they arent cheap anymore

afterthoughtz
Jun 10, 2008, 08:44 AM
Hey if someone is dumb enough to but items from my shop for 2x as much as the NPC shops, i'm gonna keep pricing it higher then the NPC's. You'd be dumb not to...

fay
Jun 10, 2008, 08:52 AM
i know how you feel. at one point i needed about 70 neu ebons. when i checked they were all going for about 4900.

i eventually got fed up checking and just bought them from the NPC shop. however i am also guilty in the sence. when i saw that people were actually buying them i bought hundereds of neu ebon from the shop. sold them as 4500. makde lots of profit...then i couldnt be bothered buying them anymore.
in total i think i sold about 1000 at 4500. so, yea...

Vent
Jun 10, 2008, 09:09 AM
Buying Junalines for 1k each and NPCing them for 1500 each, fun.

fay
Jun 10, 2008, 09:16 AM
Buying Junalines for 1k each and NPCing them for 1500 each, fun.

lol i hadent thought about that one.

i remember the days of the winter event. i found soooo much par walna. i put the price at about 20k and they werent moving. i think i reduced the price to 8k before they actually sold. sooooo gutted right now

Akaimizu
Jun 10, 2008, 09:20 AM
You can do that for quite a bit of stuff. If I really wanted to play this game and totally not fight, I can pretty much keep abreast of NPC resale prices. Then go back and make some pretty quick meseta by grabbing all sorts of items sold for less than that, and resell them to NPC. Some *marked* rare stuff that is dropping like crazy generally gets seen as trash. You'd be surprised how much of that gets sold at under NPC resale prices.

Niloklives
Jun 10, 2008, 09:37 AM
very true

BFGfreak
Jun 10, 2008, 10:39 AM
You know, I noticed on the 360 servers awhile back, im-photons were going for 1k. Now I was wondering if anyone was buying, so I bought a stack of them, and set them for 700, within a minute, someone showed up and bought the whole stack. Now the profitering side of me saw an opritunity and so I went and bought some more, low and behold, same person shows up and buys the stack, this went on for like 10 stacks, before I think this one guy got smart and relized that I had a suplier somewhere, I'm not sure if he checked the NPC shops, but he didnt' come back to my room after awhile.

amtalx
Jun 10, 2008, 10:46 AM
Ebons have ALWAYS been priced at or above NPC price...its been like that since Ebons started dropping.

desturel
Jun 10, 2008, 01:45 PM
Ebons have ALWAYS been priced at or above NPC price...its been like that since Ebons started dropping.

Ebon is a quick way to make money. Do a run that drops lots of Ebon like Mad Beasts. Put it in your shop for NPC price. Carbon is also a decent money maker. Not "fat wads of cash that I would get for this super rare board!!!!!", but enough that it's worth picking up since it stacks. It's too bad people don't think that way though. They skip over anything they can't sell for max meseta and call it a garbage drop instead of reselling the item.

I remember when I was booted from a party for picking up goldania. :)

Realmz
Jun 10, 2008, 01:48 PM
I remember when I was booted from a party for picking up goldania. :)

i hate that party and everyone in it

angelslayer
Jun 10, 2008, 01:57 PM
If you're too lazy to check the NPC for prices, you deserve to pay 8k for an ebon.

SonicTMP
Jun 10, 2008, 02:45 PM
If you're too lazy to check the NPC for prices, you deserve to pay 8k for an ebon.

Here's your $25 cheeseburger sir.

desturel
Jun 10, 2008, 02:51 PM
i hate that party and everyone in it

It's not too uncommon. I've been booted for picking up:
Metaresin
Metapolymer
Ortaresin
Nanoresin
Copernia
Goldania
Olpad
Rubinad
Kubara Wood
Elemental Photons (back before MAG made them more worthless)

Anything that is 7*

I've been in groups where the party policy was "Only pick up 8* and higher" back during Firebreak and more recently "Only pick up 10* and higher".

It got to the point where if I ever join a random party, I don't pick up anything but money. I'm just waiting to be booted for picking up meseta.

Anyway, because everyone's so obsessed in only getting the biggest and the best drop, many of the "common" drops that are required to make those wonderful items are getting skipped over. Because they are getting skipped over, they become more rare than they were ever meant to be which drives up the price (although artificially thanks to many of those items being available in the NPC.

VetroDrago
Jun 10, 2008, 03:52 PM
Yep that's how it was back then exactly. I sold all those items you guys mentioned for those prices and they sold fast. I made a living off of kubara wood. I laugh when I think of the time where a friend said copernia was so hard to find. His words were so true then.

RemiusTA
Jun 10, 2008, 03:54 PM
I got booted from a party once for casting Dambarta.

thunder-ray
Jun 13, 2008, 03:59 AM
I got booted from a party once for casting Dambarta.Thats pretty fucked up to boot you over such a stupid reason.

Iduno
Jun 13, 2008, 12:43 PM
Thats pretty fucked up to boot you over such a stupid reason.

maybe that was all he was doing and at close range its more like lagbarta to the rest of the party

DreXxiN
Jun 14, 2008, 12:32 PM
I kinda thought this was going to be about real economy o_O