PDA

View Full Version : does anyone play the dremcast ver.2 anymore?

sikotic_demon
Jun 10, 2008, 01:04 PM
i was just wondering if anyone plays ver.2 on the dreamcast and if there is a way to get it back online....... if you have specfics to doing so PM me.

Jaspaller
Jun 10, 2008, 01:13 PM
There is a way, but we can't exactly say where. I don't play V2 but yeah there's a way to still play online with v2. Google is your friend

AlexCraig
Jun 10, 2008, 01:17 PM
There are plenty of us here who play V2. And as Jasp put it, there is a way to get on, but we cannot say here.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 10, 2008, 02:13 PM
I play ver2, as well as ver1(Offline, no Bba for Dc, only Gc). =^.^=

AlexCraig
Jun 10, 2008, 02:26 PM
That'd be awesome if we'd be able to play GC online together ^.^

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 10, 2008, 02:39 PM
I have another cable, but it's too short. Anyway, Still in the mood for Pso Dc. =^.^=

AlexCraig
Jun 10, 2008, 02:56 PM
Ah. That's okay. We'll play PSOPC together soon enough XDD And it is pretty much the same thing.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 10, 2008, 03:04 PM
Not Pc/Gc

TsukasaDCX
Jun 10, 2008, 03:50 PM
Only version I still really play. Im thinking about buying the BBA so I can play online, but its 125$ so I might not. But I still play offline a ton.

Jaspaller
Jun 10, 2008, 03:55 PM
lolwat no love for PSOBB tsukasa?

TsukasaDCX
Jun 10, 2008, 04:00 PM
To many buttons and I hate using a keyboard
+ ep4 is a no no

Jaspaller
Jun 10, 2008, 04:08 PM
A controller solves all, my friend

AlexCraig
Jun 10, 2008, 04:12 PM
You can use a Gamepad with BB.
And Episode 4 is optional, not required.

Ryna
Jun 10, 2008, 04:56 PM
I still play V2 a few times per year. I like to remind myself of how far the game has come.

DC_PLAYER
Jun 10, 2008, 05:26 PM
I play ver.2 for dreamcast.
there is private servers, some more legit and some less legit, some more populated and some with a low pop.

the thing is, private servers are not legal and because of that we can't say the names or how to connect there.

heres a REALLy good hint.
*hint removed*
any connection problem or guide ask there, not here.

EDIT: Don't give such explicit hints.

TsukasaDCX
Jun 10, 2008, 08:25 PM
I'll probably hook up my 360 controller
but I just love my DC controller+DC in general is better

xjustsumloser
Jun 11, 2008, 02:25 AM
I still play all the time. My main character out of the MANY is LittlePunk. Around lvl 135, known as Nico0020 on the private server forums. Anyways, there are still a good amount of v2/pc players. GC users can play with v2 players, but its a bit buggy, so I avoid it. I play other versions of PSO, but v2 has always been my favorite.

DC_PLAYER
Jun 11, 2008, 08:56 AM
So your the Nico0020 guy hein?......now i know

TsukasaDCX
Jun 11, 2008, 01:13 PM
THE MORE YOU KNOW

MsNerddo1
Jun 11, 2008, 01:34 PM
I have ver.2 but it doesn't work due to the fact that it didn't come with its serial code.
Stupid!! (This is a message to all pawn shops to check for that!!!)
But I do have the dc original & I could work on that since my character is not a total beginner.
I have spoiled myself with the gc version though and I miss multiplayer from it too.
That's a good idea, since my good gc character is MIA along with my card.

furrypaws
Jun 11, 2008, 03:23 PM
I don't, but it sounds like it was cool.

I've heard that it was more difficult than GC, and while I know that was partially because of ridiculous resistances in Ultimate, I think I remember hearing other things relating to challenge mode and getting to 200 and such. Can someone fill me in?

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 11, 2008, 03:43 PM
Haven't Played ver2 online, so not sure about cmode. The drop rates are non existant. =~.^=

Can't play Forces on or offline ulti realy...

The bosses seem quick(Haven't faced ulti falz yet), but the later levels often take hours unless you have ubers.

Still very fun and challenging, same with Pso pc. =^.^=

DC_PLAYER
Jun 11, 2008, 04:16 PM
I don't, but it sounds like it was cool.

I've heard that it was more difficult than GC, and while I know that was partially because of ridiculous resistances in Ultimate, I think I remember hearing other things relating to challenge mode and getting to 200 and such. Can someone fill me in?

well, god units are way more common, once your stats become maxed, the mag stats, materials and units are useless, this happens around lvl 150-170.

rare enemys are 1/1024

rare items and rare drops don't apear in quests

it's the only version with lvl 0 mags (quest prizes or quest secrets)

% affect the entire atp and not just the weapon.

% go from -60 (tekked wrong) to +60 (tekked right), % in ultimate only go as high as 55% (45 found then tekk it to 55%)

drop rates are similar to each section id but some speficic drops may be different, also many items are alot harder to find then in any version of pso, if you think a 1/60 drop rate at a boss is hard then try ver.2, the easiest drop rate in ultimate from bosses is 1/1400.

chanlenge mode gives 1 srank per char, special on srank is random while attacking and it always hits, including lvl 91 shifta, lvl 91 deband, lvl 91 jellen, lvl 91 zalure, high heal resta, 100 % freeze, 100% paralize......i beleive it has also 1 hit kill, but that depends on enemy edk to work.
btw, giving an enemy lvl 91 deband is not good.

bosses give less exp.
ultimate exp from bosses
1st boss 6500
2nd- 7000
3rd- 7500
4th- 9000

you don't fall if you receive elemental damage or non elemental damage wich mean dark falz can perform a double blade slash.

enemys are harder to kill in ver.2 due to increased stats, especially dfp wich reaches 2000 in offine ultimate ruins and 2500 in online ruins.

human chars can use all techs, including increased range spells like rabarta, grants or even megid, high heal resta and suport techs like reverser lvl 15 anti (forces can use lvl 30 anti) lvl 15 s/d/j/z

there are hit materials in ver.2, also state maintenance and trap search exist also in ver.2
some shield act differently, for example sacred guard protects you from all status effect.

different animations for s/d/j/z techs

falz in ultimate has a glowing and so has the pillar and the ground in 3rd form.

invencibility on mags lasts for minutes.

quests like ttf offer items like yamigarasu, rocket punch and many more.

bank stores 60 items

less quests, less items, less areas.......

to reach lvl 200 you need more then 96 million exp

non special weapons like db's saber and varistas apear frequently on the ground, apear on shops for sale and don't have a unique look like in gc or pso bb.

there are no red boxes

when you die, your meseta drops and so does the weapon, you need to pick the weapon in order to equip it after you revive.

did i forget anything?

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 11, 2008, 04:25 PM
No Crap drops
No Mat limit
Scape Dolls only restore 1 HP in Ulti
better efects: Bomb traps flash and rotate, Lilies flash and rotate with low health, extreme blue fog in Ulti Caves, others I forgot. =^.^;=

DC_PLAYER
Jun 11, 2008, 05:10 PM
better efects: Bomb traps flash and rotate, Lilies flash and rotate with low health, =
they don't rotate? never knew, it's actually a good bonus for ver.2 then.

Scape Dolls only restore 1 HP in Ulti
. =^.^;=
i beleive in online quests (not sure) they heal full hp and tp, atleast that's what some say, but with so many cheaters it's hard to know for sure.

also humars can use srank needles and spread needles.

heres some pics.
what i can buy in the shops.
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7115/31155120pa4.jpg

a mag you can't obtain in gc
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2461/avertv2007080515005490bm6.jpg

notice grants and shifta techs avaiable for human chars
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6634/16184302aq8.jpg

Freeze
Jun 11, 2008, 05:33 PM
I have actually returned to V2 since the fall of PSOX and many of the things mentioned above were what made me fall in love with PSO. The added content with the later versions were nice it's too bad they didn't keep some of these challenging elements of V2.

TsukasaDCX
Jun 12, 2008, 09:32 AM
I think the difficulty is what makes v2 so much more fun
God I played it for 7 hours yesterday

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 12, 2008, 11:48 AM
There's also realy good finds in normal ruins...

DC_PLAYER
Jun 12, 2008, 12:01 PM
forgot to say some stuff

androinds and newmans don't regenerate hp or tp
androids can only use traps in ultimate

furrypaws
Jun 12, 2008, 03:54 PM
drop rates are similar to each section id but some speficic drops may be different, also many items are alot harder to find then in any version of pso, if you think a 1/60 drop rate at a boss is hard then try ver.2, the easiest drop rate in ultimate from bosses is 1/1400.

human chars can use all techs, including increased range spells like rabarta, grants or even megid, high heal resta and suport techs like reverser lvl 15 anti (forces can use lvl 30 anti) lvl 15 s/d/j/z

bank stores 60 items

to reach lvl 200 you need more then 96 million exp

there are no red boxes

when you die, your meseta drops and so does the weapon, you need to pick the weapon in order to equip it after you revive.

did i forget anything?

These were the main ones that stuck out to me. 1/1400 from a boss? THat's ridiculous. o_o

What did level 30 anti do? Did it have, like, range through out the entire map?

So, about 14-15 million more experience points to 200? Ouch.

No red boxes? D=

Yeah, I remember that part about dropping your weapon and meseta. I especially remember now because my friend used to be a thief on PSOPC, and I smacked him for it.

And isn't the hamburger mag available in PSOGC? I know I have the kit for it.

Jaspaller
Jun 12, 2008, 04:02 PM
The kit is available, but only on the holiday themes IIRC (Which means you would have to be online/trading/cheating to get one). One of the holiday rappies dropped the item I think.

TsukasaDCX
Jun 12, 2008, 04:09 PM
The thing that DC was trying to get across is that it started at lvl 0 as the Hamburger mag
which is why it has 200 in the Dex category

DC_PLAYER
Jun 12, 2008, 04:26 PM
yes, 1/1400 and i found the item

from the 2nd boss on my id it was heart of chao at the drop rate 1/1600, found it twice, so you see if i found them then 100 players would probably do the same.

lvl 30 anti had bigger range, on ver.2 techs have an insane range, much bigger then on gc, even my humar techs have the same range as a force with lvl 30 techs on gc.

no red boxes, every item must be examined or else you may pass something important, but it's a great feeling when you head towards a green box and the item name is in red glowing font :D

hamburger mag is avaiable on gc yes.......but check the stats on my hamburguer mag, you will be suprised.

TsukasaDCX
Jun 12, 2008, 08:27 PM
Haha I love the range
I can stand all the wave across a caves map and still foie a lily