PDA

View Full Version : So i just droped the MSG4 Ball....

eXo
Jun 10, 2008, 04:20 PM
I got the call from gamestop saying that your MGS4 BT headset is now available for pick up and the girl was like so do you want to get them both now, i said yea let me go to the atm and get somemore cash... by the 3 minutes that it took me to comeback another fucking guy....was their and she was like im so sorry but i was just informed that i cant sale you the game until june 12th.....and then the guy said but you can look at the strategy guide if you like you might want to pick that up also and i was like just give me my headset im cool.

i worked a Loooong 20 hour shift last night and i wasnt thinking stright i should have just told her i'll take the game and come back for the headset..............i had the money on me/sigh i am pissed !!!!!!!!!!!!!

EphekZ
Jun 10, 2008, 04:36 PM
you'll get it in two days, no worries.

eXo
Jun 10, 2008, 04:39 PM
you'll get it in two days, no worries.

Yea im charging the BT headset now because the girl told me if im not satisfied she will accept it back as defective 8D a little flirting goes along way.

Kylie
Jun 10, 2008, 05:19 PM
I'd call you an impatient tool, but I know I'll be the same with SH:H and RE5. :-P

amtalx
Jun 10, 2008, 05:52 PM
Yea im charging the BT headset now because the girl told me if im not satisfied she will accept it back as defective 8D a little flirting goes along way.

Be careful. Those Gamestop girls are a trap.

McLaughlin
Jun 10, 2008, 06:04 PM
You're pissed she didn't break the rules?

ABDUR101
Jun 10, 2008, 09:30 PM
No, he's mad because he did'nt take advantage of it while he was there. I do the same thing, I always try and see if I can trick people into breaking the street date on games. You know why? Because I'm a bastard of a consumer and I don't, fucking, care. =D

eXo
Jun 10, 2008, 09:52 PM
No, he's mad because he did'nt take advantage of it while he was there. I do the same thing, I always try and see if I can trick people into breaking the street date on games. You know why? Because I'm a bastard of a consumer and I don't, fucking, care. =D

Bingo it has nothing to do with breaking the rules because guess what they really dont care, i have two friends that worked for EBgames they just recently quit because once gamestop took over, the company wanted to lower their maximum raise amount from $1.00 to 0.50 cent meaning that most people would be getting like 25-50 cent raises every year ........this was do to some EB hourly employees making more than GS management.

Anyway back on topic i base my conclusion on them not caring about the rules because when new titles come out the employees take their copies home and just dont scan them out of the system until the street date. thats what they did with all 3 of our x360's took them home 2 days before the midnight launch.

By the way it's also stupid of them to just hold onto a preorder they should just let you take it home early out of respect for your loyalty to the company Z_Z.

eXo
Jun 10, 2008, 10:01 PM
You're pissed she didn't break the rules?

To save you the trouble of reading my somewhat long explaination of my disappointment it's translated into this simple saying..

When opportuninty knocks take it

Shattered_weasel
Jun 11, 2008, 12:46 AM
Because I'm a bastard of a consumer and I don't, fucking, care. =D

And what I reply to that is "Sure." then I watch their face light up and ask "If you pay the extra 10k fine and support me for the rest of my life." then I add my favorite line "If I find out you are trying to get my store in trouble I will have you banned ."

Guess what...doesn't happen much anymore.

eXo
Jun 11, 2008, 12:59 AM
And what I reply to that is "Sure." then I watch their face light up and ask "If you pay the extra 10k fine and support me for the rest of my life." then I add my favorite line "If I find out you are trying to get my store in trouble I will have you banned ."

..........>_<

ABDUR101
Jun 11, 2008, 01:14 AM
Oh please, the employees break the street dates all the time, they merely call it a 'perk' of working there. Whoopty-fuckin-do. Odds are they'd get themselves in trouble before anyone else.

Oh noes, teh sold our gaem and made money off it before teh release date, lets sue dem! The only way you'd get in trouble for it is if it got reported, and guess what, all I want is the game.

Though Gamestop/EBGames have to have the most un-sociable workers, anywhere. Every one I've got to, the employees are either teeny-bopper punks, or 30-somethings who can't get a job elsewhere. All of them are the epitome of douchebaggery when it comes to customer interaction; from know-it-all attitudes to just being dickheads.

"Would you like to reserve blahblahblah", no, I understand thats your only saving grace of a meal ticket in the shitty company you chose to work for, but I don't pre-order any games, and if I do, its done online where I've found a good deal on it; and I don't have to deal with douchebags when I goto pick it up. =]

eXo
Jun 11, 2008, 01:25 AM
Yea they do have bad attitudes and actually believe that because they work in a game store it makes them a good gamer, i personally enjoy randomly going into a store smashing a few of the employees in SSBb, tekken or whatever it might be and then leaving =)

zandra117
Jun 11, 2008, 11:23 AM
I just know that the gamestop down the street is hiding battletoads for 360 from me. I've gotta call them about it again...

Darkly
Jun 11, 2008, 11:50 AM

whyyyyy soo serious?

AC9breaker
Jun 11, 2008, 12:01 PM
Street Dates are obviously serious business.

In any case, soon you'll be able to sneak out. Just a few more hours left! Unfortunately for me my gaystop isn't having a midnight sale. So it'll be a lot longer before I can play it. =(

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 12:17 PM
Wow, I didn't even think about midnight sales. I'll have to call around and see who is doing one. There are 3 Gamestop/EBs within 10 minutes of my house. Yay for commercial development.

eXo
Jun 11, 2008, 12:17 PM

In any case, soon you'll be able to sneak out. Just a few more hours left! Unfortunately for me my gaystop isn't having a midnight sale. So it'll be a lot longer before I can play it. =(

>_< im sorry to hear that ...

SubstanceD
Jun 11, 2008, 01:45 PM

I work in a small music store and everytime we get in new stock we get strict memo's from our suppliers telling us not to sell anything before the official release date or the they won't supply us with stock anymore. I sure alot of these are empty threats ( how will they find out ) but isn't really worth it to take the risk.

eXo
Jun 11, 2008, 02:14 PM
I work in a small music store and everytime we get in new stock we get strict memo's from our suppliers telling us not to sell anything before the official release date or the they won't supply us with stock anymore. I sure alot of these are empty threats ( how will they find out ) but isn't really worth it to take the risk.

It's simple to ring something up under a different merchandise item and then once the street date arrives simply return that item and ring out the real merchandise .

Shattered_weasel
Jun 11, 2008, 03:01 PM
whyyyyy soo serious?

Mainly because I don't work at a Gamestop. When we break the street date we will have someone breathing down our necks. It happened with Ninja Gaiden 2 just because Gamestop was a bunch of idiots that didn't know that street date had hit already. So they reported it and got laughed at.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 11, 2008, 03:50 PM
Gamecrazy is better anyways.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 11, 2008, 04:44 PM
hay wut is mgs4

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 04:59 PM
hay wut is mgs4

You sly devil.

AC9breaker
Jun 11, 2008, 07:10 PM