PDA

View Full Version : INCREDIBLY MISLEADING THREAD TITLES!

Uncle_bob
Jun 11, 2008, 03:10 AM
Misleading thread titles in forums meant for serious discussion piss me off. Stop getting my hopes up.

Go die in a fire.

:disapprove:

Firocket1690
Jun 11, 2008, 05:01 AM
oh? that's new. youtube threads piss me off most. :wacko:

Tessu
Jun 11, 2008, 10:24 AM
THIS IS AN EXTREMELY IMPORTANT POST

Yeah, I hate that too. When it's like, OMG MY UNCLE SET HIMSELF ON FIRE IN A VAT OF WATER and you click on it and the person's like "im lonely be my gf" -_-

stukasa
Jun 11, 2008, 10:56 AM
I don't like extremely vague thread titles. Stuff like "Hey guys", "Have you ever wondered if...", and the ever-classic "IMPORTANT PLZ READ." I want to know what a thread is about just by reading the title. If I have dozens of threads to sift through, the last thing I need is to waste more time opening a bunch of threads I couldn't care less about. :-?

VanHalen
Jun 11, 2008, 04:06 PM
I know what you mean Uncle. Like in PSU General threads where the title would be "Next Update". So you click it thinking "Oh crap! What's coming this time!" just to find that the person posted "What's going to be in it?" or "When is it?". It can't hurt to put a question mark at the end can it? :disapprove:

Eihwaz
Jun 11, 2008, 04:12 PM
It's like biting into a crisp onion roll, expecting to taste succulent BBQ chicken and caramelized onions, and instead finding it to taste of month-old diaper fluids...:disapprove:

Tessu
Jun 11, 2008, 04:16 PM
It's like biting into a crisp onion roll, expecting to taste succulent BBQ chicken and caramelized onions, and instead finding it to taste of month-old diaper fluids...:disapprove:

Well, I'm not quite THAT eager to find out how her uncle did it...

Blitzkommando
Jun 11, 2008, 08:41 PM
If there is one good thing about vBulletin it is the hover over the topic to see a preview of the first post capability. Truly it can save us all brain pains many times.

CelestialBlade
Jun 12, 2008, 12:30 AM
You know what bugs me?

Thread titles that are just "[thing name]?" I mean what the hell?

Yeah, weird things bother me.

Darkly
Jun 12, 2008, 09:51 AM
I WAS EXPECTING A MISLEADING THREAD BUT I FOUND A LEADING THREAD INSTEAD /WRIST

stukasa
Jun 12, 2008, 01:21 PM
If there is one good thing about vBulletin it is the hover over the topic to see a preview of the first post capability. Truly it can save us all brain pains many times.
You're right about that. That's one feature of the new layout I definitely like more than the old one!