PDA

View Full Version : New Phantasy Star Portable information!

Pages : [1] 2

EspioKaos
Jun 11, 2008, 03:28 PM
New Phantasy Star Portable information has come out, courtesy of Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/080612a.html), from the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation.

Possible spoilers ahead! I'll hide the major one, but be warned that others still exist in the following text!

New items
* New clothing sets will be added that match partner machine clothing.
* The following new weapons have been confirmed for the game.
- H&K38 Combat (machinegun)
- Aoriyuu (sword) This one is described as having two horns kind of like Gudda Hon.
- Alseva Volga (twin saber) Like the Tiga De Ragan, the sabers are mismatched.
- Velos Esqude (longbow)
- Okikudohg (TCSM) - Okiku Doll + madoog = O:
- Caelum Fluge (sword)
- Caduceus (rod)
- Guardianna (card)
- Gigas Spinner (whip) - Described as having a pointed tip on its end.
- Genfuu (sowrd)
- Samba Maracas (twin handguns)
- Shippuu-jinrai (saber) - This is a Japanese word that means "with lightning speed."
- Shagghodog (RCSM) - This one resembles the PSO MAG Kumara.
- Skull Sorcerer (rifle) - A rifle with a skull on its barrel.
- Spintail Diska (sword)
- Double Slasher (twin daggers)
- Twin Distortion (twin saber) - The left saber's blade is red while the right one is blue.
- Tippo Labna (grenade) - The launcher is shaped like a magic lamp.
- Din-di Bell (crossbow) - Has a special effect where stars spray out when it shoots.
- Tension Blaster (handgun) - Designed after Ulala's gun from Space Channel 5.
- Papiyon Dance (wand)
- Halva Tornad (spear) - The male beast on the game's cover is using this weapon.
- Beef-tade Medium (sword) - It's a slab of meat... held by the bone. <_<
- Bloody Fluge (sword)
- Pretty Baton (double saber) - The baldes are shaped like hearts.
- Bringer's Rifle (rifle)
- Magana Slayer (sword)
- Rappy Fan (card)
- Riulicon (TCSM) - Said to kind of resemble the Shato.
- Rocket Punch (knuckles)
- Lollipop (axe)

New enemies
* SEED-Helga, who we've all seen from hacked pictures as well as Shadow of the Arkguard, will be a new boss.
* Another new boss -- pretty big spoiler here; don't say I didn't warn you! -- Vivienne o:
* New enemy: Zauzza
* New boss: Bil Degoras. Well, not really new. We've know about this one for a while.

Your room
* The vision phone will display information on story characters, events, terminology, etc.
* Personal data such as deaths, mission clear results, etc. will be stored in your room.
* You can also access visual references of items and enemies from your room.

Partner machines
* You can choose your PM during the character creation process.
* You can change the type of your PM by using special items.

Titles system
* You can earn titles by reaching certain goals, for example hitting LV50 or defeating x number of enemies.
* This title will be use in-game to reward you with things such as drop boosts (similar to GBR) or by giving you a rare item.

MiniBrian
Jun 11, 2008, 03:29 PM
WoooooooooW. Thats alot of cool new stuff ;)

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 03:30 PM
That is quite interesting.

This at least shows that Sega is still very much so working with PSU, even though i dont think this game was made by Sega..

Kinako78
Rappy fan?! :D

Kylie
D: Gib 420 set!

Shou
Jun 11, 2008, 03:32 PM
Wow looks like a very good portable game!

*wish I were 7 years younger when i could have used a game like this >.> *

SonicTMP
Jun 11, 2008, 03:34 PM
Now if we could only get half this stuff in the current PSU. PM butler outfit would be fun.

pikachief
Jun 11, 2008, 03:41 PM
I am SO getting this when its released! it keeps sounding better and better!

I want the 452 set!

also i usually always read spoilers and they almost never bug me but i read that one and was like NO I SHOULDNT HAVE X.x lol

Weeaboolits
Jun 11, 2008, 03:43 PM
This sounds cool, once we get an announcement on a North American release, I'll have to get a PSP.

furrypaws
Jun 11, 2008, 03:47 PM
It's funny, because normally, handheld ports are supposed to have less stuff than the original. XP

Still super hyped for this. If it comes to NA, I'm actually ready to buy a PSP for it. I want it that badly.

Shinko
Jun 11, 2008, 03:50 PM
Lollipop (axe) ...lol i love to see how that look.

and i would love to have the 450's clothes sets.... that needs to be in the main game

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 03:57 PM
Your room
* The vision phone will display information on story characters, events, terminology, etc.
* Personal data such as deaths, mission clear results, etc. will be stored in your room.
* You can also access visual references of items and enemies from your room.

If this doesn't prove that the Console PSU games were rushed like all hell, then i dont know what does.

The visual phone, even on the online version of PSU, has a function that is absolutely useless.

amtalx
Jun 11, 2008, 04:01 PM
The Bringer's Rifle is enough to make me look in PSP's general direction.

Ken_Silver
Jun 11, 2008, 04:03 PM
So who hopes that the PC/PS2/360 servers get this stuff sometime down whe road? :)

SUPER WOOT :D

Desecration
Jun 11, 2008, 04:18 PM
Wow, this game sounds amazing, I cant wait to play it.

redcell
Jun 11, 2008, 04:29 PM
Okikudohg... do... want? o_o;

Thanks for the great info! Now to get a PSP...

mvffin
Jun 11, 2008, 04:31 PM

What happens if the synth fails?

- Rappy Fan (card)

NO! Rappy Fan is a SLICER. BAD ST, BAD. I totally want to see giant rappy wings flying at the enemies with Chikki.

Kairi_Li
Jun 11, 2008, 04:36 PM
You rock Espio! Can't wait to get this game! I would love my characters to wear PM clothing.

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 04:39 PM
What happens if the synth fails?

NO! Rappy Fan is a SLICER. BAD ST, BAD. I totally want to see giant rappy wings flying at the enemies with Chikki.

Yeah, they completely failed with that part.

PALRAPPYS
Jun 11, 2008, 04:44 PM
Wait, why does this sound better than our PSU?

lol :/

ShadowDragon28
Jun 11, 2008, 04:44 PM
All those new weapons better be added to AotI or via a new expansion....

Freshellent
Jun 11, 2008, 04:46 PM
Must... use... new... weapons...

Zorafim
Jun 11, 2008, 04:50 PM
I've always wanted a clothing set like the 430's. I may play a fleshy just for this set, assuming caseals can't use it.

DarK-SuN
Jun 11, 2008, 04:58 PM
Oh... my... God...
All of that sounds AWESOME!!!
I can't wait for it!

I'll most definitely import it, but now I'm praying to the "Holy Light" (AKA SEGA/SEGAC in this case) that it gets a release in either Europe or the US, or, even better, both regions.

I knew I had a good reason to buy the PSP when it was first launched, appart from the fact it's a nice piece of hardware; it was for this, definitely! :D

Inazuma
Jun 11, 2008, 04:59 PM
i hope all this stuff makes its way into the pc ver later.

blyr
Jun 11, 2008, 05:19 PM
I'm seriously considering importing this once it gets released.. just omfg...

I don't possibly see how this game could get any more awesome, especially with the title system...

Kinako78
Jun 11, 2008, 05:27 PM

Yeah, they completely failed with that part.

Actually, I like the thought of it being a card better. :)

Zorak000
Jun 11, 2008, 05:29 PM
New items
* The following new weapons have been confirmed for the game.
- Rocket Punch (knuckles)

This is all I need to know.

also, I suspected the spoiler boss to be a boss from the first time I heard of them.

ChaosAngel92
Jun 11, 2008, 05:35 PM
New items
- Tension Blaster (handgun) - Designed after Ulala's gun from Space Channel 5.

I love how SEGA makes fun of me and everyone that uses pistols in this god damn game

Chuck_Norris
Jun 11, 2008, 05:35 PM

ZOMGNOWAI!:D

Rayokarna
Jun 11, 2008, 05:41 PM
I already have my import pre order ready :D

Dragwind
Jun 11, 2008, 05:59 PM
Wow, just from that information alone, looks like its going to be the only PSP game I'll ever play. On that, I think I should be bringing it with me everywhere. Looks like I'll actually use that thing more often.

easy123
Jun 11, 2008, 06:01 PM
i do not care about this psu on psp rip off its all a bad rip off i tell you they could make a all new psu for psp RIP OFF get it in your head

Rayokarna
Jun 11, 2008, 06:03 PM
i do not care about this psu

Thats all we care about hearing from you...

Kinako78
Jun 11, 2008, 06:09 PM
Yeah, and it's just a bit early to be saying that about a game we know nothing about outside of what Espio's told us so far, don't you think?

RegulusHikari
Jun 11, 2008, 06:27 PM
- H&K38 Combat (machinegun)
- Caduceus (rod)
- Skull Sorcerer (rifle) - A rifle with a skull on its barrel.
- Twin Distortion (twin saber) - The left saber's blade is red while the right one is blue.
- Halva Tornad (spear) - The male beast on the game's cover is using this weapon.
- Beef-tade Medium (sword) - It's a slab of meat... held by the bone. <_<
- Bringer's Rifle (rifle)

Awesome list of weapons. Makes me wonder if they will be released in AoI. Strange that none of this was found through hax (besides the story character models). I can see one of two things happening:

1. Another expansion
2. These are PSP exclusive (eat shit and die ST)
2. They're actually on the AoI disc
2. Hax
2. We must construct additional pylons

Rayokarna
Jun 11, 2008, 06:55 PM
Awesome list of weapons. Makes me wonder if they will be released in AoI. Strange that none of this was found through hax (besides the story character models). I can see one of two things happening:

1. Another expansion
2. These are PSP exclusive (eat shit and die ST)
2. They're actually on the AoI disc
2. Hax
2. We must construct additional pylons

Is it just me or is there something wrong with this post? o_O

Kinako78
Jun 11, 2008, 07:24 PM
It's not just you...

Emblem00
Jun 11, 2008, 08:12 PM
Something is wrong???

Ken_Silver
Jun 11, 2008, 09:46 PM
Something is wrong???

...yeah, wat?

While the option is obviously the first one, I agree. I hope we do this get stuff.

And this game coming out makes me happy that I got a PSP. I only use it now to play Tales of the World and Warriors Orochi. While those two games were enough to warrant a purchase (that and that I don't have a MP3 player) Phantasy Star Portable will make my PSP more desirable... compared to the 20+ DS games that I own.

I think that Sega's latest gaming adventures may be looking up for them: Sonic DS, Sonic Unleashed, Phantasy Star Portable...

If they fix their AOI issues, this might be the end of Segac of America. A man can hope, right?

Jakosifer
Jun 11, 2008, 10:02 PM
lmao, this portable version sounds WAY better than the actual online game. >.>

Golto
Jun 11, 2008, 10:52 PM
I think people will be disappointed thinking if any more than 2 of those weapons are in AOI. The PSP version has been toted to have tons of exclusive weapons.

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 11:00 PM
i want to see gameplay videos and stage design.

If this game has any new stages, we can easily see what kind of stuff awaits us for the next expansion.

If its medicore, then....well....

mvffin
Jun 11, 2008, 11:08 PM
I think people will be disappointed thinking if any more than 2 of those weapons are in AOI. The PSP version has been toted to have tons of exclusive weapons.

ya rly. If they said "Oh, all this stuff will eventually be in the main version"

then a whole bunch of people would skip the psp version altogether.

RemiusTA
Jun 11, 2008, 11:14 PM
I really wouldnt be suprised.

The real fury would come if someone hacked the game and found them all inside the PS2 Disc already.

Then EVERYONE would be pissed.

lolURISH
Jun 11, 2008, 11:45 PM
Is the PSP version going to be story mode/free battle only?

or will it have interweb access via wifi?

also.

We must construct additional pylons
Zerg > Protoss

joefro
Jun 12, 2008, 12:24 AM
Yes, the Magana Slayer. I'll be importing.

SonicTMP
Jun 12, 2008, 12:43 AM
ya rly. If they said "Oh, all this stuff will eventually be in the main version"

then a whole bunch of people would skip the psp version altogether.

Condicering the fact of how bad PSU is doing over here, it's not like they will have major sales in the first place.

Arika
Jun 12, 2008, 12:55 AM
I really wouldnt be suprised.

The real fury would come if someone hacked the game and found them all inside the PS2 Disc already.

Then EVERYONE would be pissed.

I m sure that if there was any of them inside the AOI disc, we would have known it already from previous hacker pics. It is same as how we have seen Vivine, Hellga, Dark Faiz 2nd form, ending cut-screen of Ep3, and name list of a lot of unreleased stuff. Therefore, all of these PSP stuff are news. It is only matter if they will patch it into the main game or not.

rise urbanus
Jun 12, 2008, 01:05 AM
omg thats the new boss o.o

RemiusTA
Jun 12, 2008, 02:21 AM
Condicering the fact of how bad PSU is doing over here, it's not like they will have major sales in the first place.

Wow, have you not heard about that country called Japan to the east

Golto
Jun 12, 2008, 07:59 AM
They can't patch new weapon graphics into ps2 psu.

Iduno
Jun 12, 2008, 08:47 AM
Hmm thinking of getting this and a psp if I can find a job for this summer but im not going to get hyped until its released because since its a singleplayer RPG (come on the chances of using non internet multiplayer which relies on everyone haveing the system and game are pretty slim when it somes to something like PSU especialy), if it has a terrible storyline or dialogue there's no way im getting it since it really would need it to draw me in unless the combat system or dungeons ends up as something really special

panzer_unit
Jun 12, 2008, 08:58 AM
It's funny, because normally, handheld ports are supposed to have less stuff than the original. XP

Still super hyped for this. If it comes to NA, I'm actually ready to buy a PSP for it. I want it that badly.

I dunno, it looks like Sega is copping notes from Capcom's handling of the Monster Hunter series.
I'd love to hear a surprise announcement like "oh yeah we're supporting infrastructure multiplayer and voice chat over USB headsets"... but in the meanwhile Moar Weapons will do.

Akaimizu
Jun 12, 2008, 09:16 AM
A lot of PSP developers are copping notes like that. Seems like PSP developers pretty much count on Kai being there. Like it's an unspoken rule or something.

panzer_unit
Jun 12, 2008, 09:22 AM
A lot of PSP developers are copping notes like that. Seems like PSP developers pretty much count on Kai being there. Like it's an unspoken rule or something.

Yeah only it sucks to have no team-communication support whatsoever and Kai lags like hell if a lot of people are on... or at least it did last time I played. I used to use it religiously for Armored Core Nexus & Last Raven

ErtaiClou
Jun 12, 2008, 11:57 AM
ST would do well to take notes from the Monster Hunter PSP series.

Arika
Jun 12, 2008, 12:04 PM
They can't patch new weapon graphics into ps2 psu.
not even possible to patch into hard disk? whoa.... then it has to be a new expansion then..

Akaimizu
Jun 12, 2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah only it sucks to have no team-communication support whatsoever and Kai lags like hell if a lot of people are on... or at least it did last time I played. I used to use it religiously for Armored Core Nexus & Last Raven

You got a good point. The main way to communicate with kai is using the PC itself. For me, and a friend or two, won't have that much of a problem since we're using portables for our PC, and they operate with wireless connections. On the other hand, it can be a hassle.

Tamashi
Jun 12, 2008, 12:17 PM
New Phantasy Star Portable information has come out, courtesy of Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/080612a.html), from the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation.

New items
- Genfuu (sowrd)

Er? What on earth is a sowrd?

Also aren't some of those weapons from PSO? Like Bringer's Rifle and Rocket punch? Are you telling us there are more PSO-to-PSU weapons?

And everyone is going to dress like their PM now. please let that NEVER get to the non-psp servers.

RadiantLegend
Jun 12, 2008, 12:19 PM
Err nvm.

Ken_Silver
Jun 12, 2008, 12:44 PM
Er? What on earth is a sowrd?

Also aren't some of those weapons from PSO? Like Bringer's Rifle and Rocket punch? Are you telling us there are more PSO-to-PSU weapons?

And everyone is going to dress like their PM now. please let that NEVER get to the non-psp servers.

OMG, it's me and Mini-me!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!

Run away now before its too late!!!

And I only have one line to say for the Magic Lamp Grenade:

Family Guy: "Sim Sim Sala Bim!!!"

And boo to all of this being PSP exclusive. But that doesn't mean that we won't get it in the next expansion for the online servers.

And if we know about everything due to hacks of the disk, link me to where this info is and stuff. I wanna know about all of this hacked info. I don't believe that we know about everything that is going to come out. That would explain why everyone is looking forward to the next expansion... but I don't think that is the reason...

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jun 12, 2008, 12:48 PM
why does everyone think there will be another expansion? A sequel is more likely

Ken_Silver
Jun 12, 2008, 01:36 PM
I think that a GM or a Sega official somewhere said somewhere that there'd be at least one more expansion or something of the like, because PSU is supposed to last about 5 years. And we are only at year 2, maybe 3 with PSU right now.

I'm sure that we all just didn't assume out of the blue. Someone in power or with knowledge about this had to have dropped a line to us or something.

RegulusHikari
Jun 12, 2008, 02:36 PM
why does everyone think there will be another expansion? A sequel is more likely

Because not all of us are willing to give up the thousands of hours we just spent playing the past 2 years when not even 50% of the content is available to us? I don't know about you, but if I was told to drop all my work and start over on a new PS within the next 2 years I would be done with Sega entirely.

inb4lolPSP, that doesn't count.

Ezodagrom
Jun 12, 2008, 03:41 PM

PSU v1 had episode 1 story offline and episode 2 online.
PSU AOtI has episode 2 offline and episode 3 online.
There should be at least a new expansion with episode 3 offline.

AlphaDragoon
Jun 12, 2008, 07:11 PM
That's a whole lot of swords. They like, far outnumber the rest of the weapons in that list.

But yay, new saber. Although like I always say, it'll either suck or look ugly like Tiga Ragan does, since Sega hates saber users. Blackheart was like, an accident in them trying to screw it up and ended up looking and being awesome.

Also, this caught my eye:

Could it be? Could we FINALLY get weapons that are the same color no matter what the element is?!

Yusaku_Kudou
Jun 12, 2008, 07:25 PM
Darn the PS2! We could get these weapons on PC and 360... maybe they can require a download to the PS2 memory card if the weapons don't hold too much data. I just want the Magana Slayer...

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jun 12, 2008, 07:31 PM
I think that a GM or a Sega official somewhere said somewhere that there'd be at least one more expansion or something of the like, because PSU is supposed to last about 5 years. And we are only at year 2, maybe 3 with PSU right now.

I'm sure that we all just didn't assume out of the blue. Someone in power or with knowledge about this had to have dropped a line to us or something.
Yes but it was also stated that 200 would be the highest lvl for psu.

Janelle
Jun 13, 2008, 09:13 AM
*NEW JP PSP PSU UPDATE!!

CHECK IT OUT!! ^^

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/movie/promotion/

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/newarrival/item/

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/newarrival/myroom/

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/newarrival/boss/

I cant wait.

RemiusTA
Jun 13, 2008, 10:17 AM
wow, those weapons look so awesome. They have something all of the S ranks on our PSU lack :

SPECIAL EFFECTS.

Why doesnt my weapons have neat sparkle effects

McLaughlin
Jun 13, 2008, 10:27 AM
*Looks at Blackheart currently glued to right hand*

Guh?

Yuudai_Riisu
Jun 13, 2008, 10:32 AM
Yes but it was also stated that 200 would be the highest lvl for psu.

So what does that have to do with not getting an expansion?

Hucast-Kireek
Jun 13, 2008, 10:45 AM
My baby! The Legendary SOUL EATER is in the game!!?? :eek:

You all know who will buy this game ASAP. :drakee:

http://209.85.48.8/1985/113/upload/p11141222.jpg

The Soul Eater will be classified as a Sword in this game, I guess its because the sword's actions resemble partisan actions the most and the sword PA moves are light weight, ideal for the light weight partisans in this game. Yes, this game features another if not more partisans classified as swords.

http://209.85.48.8/1985/113/upload/p11141223.jpg

Soul Eater seems to spray huge dark clouds, what could the effect be? Here's hoping its Megidness! Heres a Pizza Slice and a Soft drink to celebrate the greatness of the occasion!! :pizza::pepsi:

DarK-SuN
Jun 13, 2008, 12:00 PM
It's good to see actual gameplay footage for the first time!
Except for the silly parts of the 4 guys celebrating a mission completion and playing with a turned off PSP in front of their faces (which fortunately takes up little time of the new trailer), that was awesome. :)

AlphaDragoon
Jun 13, 2008, 12:16 PM
Uh...is anyone else going to laugh if the PSP version has a smoother framerate than the PS2 one? XD

Mysterious-G
Jun 13, 2008, 12:18 PM
Awesomeness. I actually enjoyed those 4 guys. :wacko:
The weapons and the way the game is build up looks awesome.

Also, I think I we got a little hint about Rykros:
I do not want to bet on that, but we saw Helga in SEED mode in front of some rotating thing already in another trailer. Above it is that eye like thing, just like Rykros has. At first I thought that was just for style, but now in the gameplay video we see something that looks exactly like this "shrine". I think Helga makes Rykros appear or something. Maybec. :p

Hucast-Kireek
Jun 13, 2008, 12:19 PM
http://209.85.48.8/1985/113/upload/p11141230.jpg

What is that? is that a new PM or a CAST on a PM outfit!!?? It looks like a guy in a PM outfit cuz he looks ugly in it. what do you guys think? I definitely want to see a grown up in that outfit! heck yeah! freak show! I hope its a two piece!

Chibi_psu
Jun 13, 2008, 12:49 PM
Good lord caduceus...Loved that rod in pso.And omg that xbow with the stars... i think im in love with it now o.o

RemiusTA
Jun 13, 2008, 12:58 PM
Uh...is anyone else going to laugh if the PSP version has a smoother framerate than the PS2 one? XD

I really wouldnt be suprised. This game is being designed specifically for the PSP, so it most likely wont have any framerate problems.

panzer_unit
Jun 13, 2008, 01:04 PM
There are some new weapons that aren't ridiculous-looking jokes, right? I'm satisfied that there are tons of weapons for the HAWHAW ITS A LOLLYPOP or I SHOOT GRENADES OUTTA THIS LAMP ROFL crowd... I guess I saw a cool looking bazooka.

SJW89
Jun 13, 2008, 01:12 PM
Just think, what if they do the same thing with the handheld that they did with the real game, tell us about all the stuff that's coming out and then release it all in small increments...

Kismet
Jun 13, 2008, 01:20 PM
And the normal version of PSU couldn't get all of that stuff WHY?

RegulusHikari
Jun 13, 2008, 02:07 PM
I recall reading somewhere that somebody speculated that the old PSOBB team is now working on PSU because of the servers shutting down. It's very likely considering the concept art has a very strong BB feel to it. Hell, I can count at least 4 weapons that have been ripped straight from BB itself.

We need these features in PSU now, the new boss, weapons, clothing, and that enemy menu on the vision phone. Shame they aren't putting effort into the PSU that matters and are instead working on one that doesn't even impact our main accounts in any way (besides a random item).

Hucast-Kireek
Jun 13, 2008, 02:29 PM
What I like about PSP is that you get to keep your char and have him/her anywhere you go, hopefully they make a new expansion that merges PSP and PSU.

Frog
Jun 13, 2008, 02:45 PM
Portable is actually looking better than the PS2 game and its expansion. It would be amusing if it was locked at 60fps and ran better than the 360/PS2/PC versions!

lol

I've emailed them a few times suggesting they port PSU to Wii. If they are gonna compete with Monster Hunter on PSP...they may as well compete with Monster Hunter on Wii. They could actually beat Monster Hunter to Wii.

EspioKaos
Jun 13, 2008, 03:41 PM
Sorry for the late translations. I didn't notice the Japanese site had updated until right before I had to leave the office for a project site visit. Most of the stuff they added seems to be what was printed in Dengeki PlayStation the other day, but I've gone over it all to fish out some more details.

GUARDIANS types (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/type/)
* We already know that eight types will be available: Hunter, Ranger, Force, Fightmaster, Gunmaster, Masterforce, Acromaster and Protranser.
* Acromasters will be the only type in PSP to exhibit increased attack speeds. Think of them as a combination of Acrofighter and Acrotecher. Masters of single-handed weaponry, there is almost no weapon combination they can't use.
* As was discovered before, your type will determine the kinds of drops you receive in missions. In the case of multi-mode, the party leader's type will determine the drops.
* Types are selected at character creation as opposed to being assigned a type by your race. You can choose Hunter, Ranger or Force. Obviously the others have to be earned through gaining EXP in the three basics.

New bosses! (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/newarrival/boss/) (Spoilers at this link. Be careful!)
* Bil Degoras is a massive native creature of Moatoob found deep inside a cavern. As it had not been discovered until now, it is guessed that it may be a brand new species. Incredibly ferocious by nature, the Bil Degoras will use its rush and breath attack very often. It can also do a ground smash which will awaken packs of Zauzza which come after players!

* SEED-Helga is the form Helga takes when she transforms. Just what is her connection with the SEED!?
- The site notes that she is accompanied by Delnadians during the battle.

* The game's multiple endings allow players to fight Vivienne! Watch out for her SUV weapon attack!

New items (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/newarrival/item/)
* Over 800 weapons will be in this game. Many are from PSU and AOTI, but a very large portion are brand new weapons.
* Over 1500 line shields, units, clothes, parts and other items will be available.
* The six screens at the bottom show (from left to right, top to bottom) Bloody Fluge, Bil De Horn Axe, Skull Sorcerer, Twin Distortion, Papiyon Dance and Ding-din Bell.

Your room (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/newarrival/myroom/)
* Your room is no longer customizable, though its features have increased.
* You can access the title system, illustrated references for enemies and weapons, personal mission records and more!
* Titles are earned by reaching specific goals, such as a certain type level.
* Rewards for earning certain titles include receiving rare items as well as receiving various boosts such as to Meseta drops, PA EXP payout, rare item drops and so forth.
* Personal mission data includes how many times you've cleared a mission as well as the time it took.
* Enemy references allow you to see a picture of the enemy, view how many of a particular enemy you've killed and even get a little background info on them. (The Rappy Polec image shows that they are a favorite food for Boomas.)
* The weapon reference collection basically is the same. You see an image of the weapon and can read some background info on it.
* No more raising a partner machine from scratch! Now you select which type you want when you create your character. You can change your PM type with evolution devices later in the game.

Mysterious-G
Jun 13, 2008, 03:50 PM
New items (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/newarrival/item/)
* Over 800 weapons will be in this game.
* Over 1500 line shields, units, clothes, parts and other items will be available.

Hahahahahaha. Hahahahahaha. No, wait. Why. I do not understand. Why is there so much more. This is getting too good....

(Also, do not apologize for a late translation, Espio. We all are glad you do it, and we cannot make you being as fast as a rocket. So, thanks for the translation! ^^)

redroses
Jun 13, 2008, 03:51 PM
New bosses! (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/newarrival/boss/) (Spoilers at this link. Be careful!)
* Bil Degoras is a massive native creature of Moatoob found deep inside a cavern. As it had not been discovered until now, it is guessed that it may be a brand new species. Incredibly ferocious by nature, the Bil Degoras will use its rush and breath attack very often. It can also do a ground smash which will awaken packs of Zauzza which come after players!

* SEED-Helga is the form Helga takes when she transforms. Just what is her connection with the SEED!?
- The site notes that she is accompanied by Delnadians during the battle.

This is awsome!!! Finally they are making things intresting! awsome!
I so hope all these things won't stay on the PSP. I don't know why but the PSP version seems so good/better. Oh boy, like said, I hope we will get these things online sometime.

Also, thank you for translating everything Espio!

Hucast-Kireek
Jun 13, 2008, 04:12 PM
Heheh, havent been this exited since PSO GC ver.

Ezodagrom
Jun 13, 2008, 04:19 PM
Great translation ^^
About monsters appearing with bosses it's just o.o (thinks of dark falz using mass rabarta/rafoie and darvants spawning from the ground).

I guess most of the things on the psp (if not all of them and even some new things) will be in a future expansion of psu (at least I hope so o.o)

(The Rappy Polec image shows that they are a favorite food for Boomas.)
Poor rappies ._.
Do boomas get more aggressive when someone goes with a rappy suit near them? XD

Seira7
Jun 13, 2008, 05:19 PM
Wow - I love the look of all the new weapons. They have more of a colorful, interesting pso-esque flair to them. Whats the point of a weapon-centric dungeon crawler when the items you hunt day after day look bland eh...I really hope these cool toys come to our PSU. And Ive always wanted a tension blaster~up, down, chu!

If we never see the new stuff..then ugh. Its kind of sad that you play a game for nearly a year, pay the monthly fees, then the version you are playing gets ousted by a handheld for heavens sake.
(um...but if I do give up on 360 PSU I will get a PSP...hehehe)

THOTH
Jun 13, 2008, 05:33 PM
Okay, I'm so excited about this game that I just joined these message boards! Hi everyone! :D

Any way... I've never played PSU, but I've been the worst PSO addict ever (DC, GC...even the Episode 3...hey do you think we'll ever get a new PS themed card game?) and am really looking forward to actually being able to play a variation of PSU.

I've also directed people to this topic to get more information on this game around the web

I REALLY hope this comes out in the United States...

...when will there a PSP specific message board? As soon as a release happens I think we'll need one, considering the guardian system is completely different among other changes.

On a side note, I hope you can pick that moose PM from the get go! That things cute.

Specs
Jun 13, 2008, 07:49 PM
sounds awsome... still thinkin of getting it though

zandra117
Jun 14, 2008, 12:43 PM
Wow, Zauzza look like Evil Sharks from PSO caves.

THOTH
Jun 14, 2008, 03:55 PM
So I was on PSUPedia and it's said that rangers can use wands (So gun masters can use up to A rank wands), and Fightmasters can use tech mags...

It'd look like we're going to be looking at classes closer to Guntecher, Wartecher, Fortecher, Acrotecher (Because the acromaster can apparently use S rank wands)...and umm... well, protranser may be without techs period. This makes sense for a game that will be played by most people solo. Maybe 20 attack/support techs for Mastergunner and Masterfighter, level 30 attack support for acromaster, and 0 for protranser (making protranser even closer to PSO's casts. Although again, that's an assumption, as far as we know Protranser could have force rivaling tech levels...though not probable)

Interesting. Stat buffs will be useful also to buff up our PM who apparently starts in combat mode from the get go.

Hmm....

chaoskila
Jun 14, 2008, 03:58 PM
definatly geting this game.
funny weapons.

Skye-Fox713
Jun 14, 2008, 04:07 PM
Wait, why does this sound better than our PSU?

i do agree

Phoenix_Black
Jun 14, 2008, 04:36 PM
Is that Bloody Fluge a sword? Looks nifty. Also, that blue, zig zag sword is nifty. Plus, Chaos Bringer gun ftw! The kitsune mag is nifty. Probibly a madoog...

Illuminate
Jun 14, 2008, 07:47 PM
Dangit, don't even POST spoilers! Especially in the black box. D: it just makes me look.

Japan must HATE surprises, they just SPOIL the biggest secret of the game probably. @_@

Granted you don't know what's going on until you see the story part.

BUT STILL! D:

They're gonna spoil that too I guarantee. ;-;

It looks so awesome though... Gib Vivienne's outfit for fleshy and CAST. :O

Rayokarna
Jun 14, 2008, 08:14 PM
Alfa Systems > Sonic Team.

At there own game too, embarrasing...

Dragwind
Jun 14, 2008, 08:43 PM
Interesting. So uh, like I said, my PSP will actually become quite fond of my palms.

BFGfreak
Jun 14, 2008, 09:07 PM

What's really bad though is that this is a spinoff. I really hope someone over at SEGA JP notices this and tells ST to shape up or ship out.

Kaloa
Jun 14, 2008, 09:56 PM
I can't begin to express how excited for this I am. Already got a PSP. Just gotta wait and hope it makes it over here, I guess. ^^

Oh, and those screens of the weapons look AMAZING. It's depressing that we don't have cool stuff like that in PSU. Those are the sorts of weapons I want and had hoped to spend these past few years hunting.

pikachief
Jun 14, 2008, 11:07 PM
im barely gonna play this cuz my brother uses his PSP like an ipod and never lets go of it lol

BFGfreak
Jun 14, 2008, 11:48 PM
You know, there is one question I should ask: if you create a new charecter, is there a bald hair option?

blyr
Jun 15, 2008, 12:17 AM
Mmkay, now that I have my general excitement out of the way, and I can think -

Will there be new Techs, PA's, and Bullets?

pikachief
Jun 15, 2008, 12:36 AM
Mmkay, now that I have my general excitement out of the way, and I can think -

Will there be new Techs, PA's, and Bullets?

the real question is, will all of our current PAs be in there?

Ken_Silver
Jun 15, 2008, 12:59 AM

Hold the Phone!

Alfa Systems made PSP? That explains everything, I only bought a PSP in the first place for another game made by them (Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology.)

Alfa Systems rock! They do a great job with any game they make. Sonic Team didn't stand a chance in the first place.

It's like putting a Snail in a race against a Cat on fire. The Cat's going to smoke the Snail without even knowing there was a race.

Disclaimer: No cats were harmed in the making of this post or in the making of Phantasy Star Portable. Maybe. :D

blyr
Jun 15, 2008, 01:19 AM
the real question is, will all of our current PAs be in there?
..!

That's a good question too.. NEED MOAR INFORMATIONS

Hold the Phone!

Alfa Systems made PSP? That explains everything, I only bought a PSP in the first place for another game made by them (Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology.)
I love the fact that they're adding the "Title" system to PSP too - that gives it a bit of the RM feel to it.. as well as the way the world map thing will be.. I just love the way AlfaSystems makes a-rpgs >w<

DC_Seraph
Jun 15, 2008, 01:21 AM
has it been confirmerd or not if this is coming to the US yet?

SJW89
Jun 15, 2008, 01:26 AM
Hold the Phone!

Alfa Systems rock! They do a great job with any game they make. Sonic Team didn't stand a chance in the first place.

It's like putting a Snail in a race against a Cat on fire. The Cat's going to smoke the Snail without even knowing there was a race.

Disclaimer: No cats were harmed in the making of this post or in the making of Phantasy Star Portable. Maybe. :D

Pun intended? The smoke from the smoldering cat would most likely asphyxiate the turtle.

PS - LOL "smoldering"

DjDragoon
Jun 15, 2008, 01:28 AM
Now if only BioWare could make the next expansion of PSU like they did with Sonic Chronicles. That'd be a real money maker.

Ken_Silver
Jun 15, 2008, 01:40 AM
Now if only BioWare could make the next expansion of PSU like they did with Sonic Chronicles. That'd be a real money maker.

OMG, I'd die. Bioware would have WOW quaking in their boots! :D

Even if Alfa Systems took over PSU online, it'd be much better than current AOI. Not to diminish the progress it has made in comparasion to PSU Vanilla.

It's almost official. Sonic Team sucks. Just fire them all and outsource all of the upcoming PSU and Sonic games.

Pun intended? The smoke from the smoldering cat would most likely asphyxiate the turtle.

PS - LOL "smoldering"

Me? Intend a pun? Nah, you got the wrong guy.

Sarcasm

has it been confirmerd or not if this is coming to the US yet?

No, but it better. I don't see any reason not to. The only thing that I fear is that we won't get the connectivity to the PC/PS2 US servers like the Japanese players will. Alfa Systems took out the little bit of online connectivity that TOW:Radiant Mythology had when it came to the US. So they might take out that little nifty function too, sadly. It wouldn't be a stretch and Segac would let them wholeheartedly.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 15, 2008, 01:45 AM
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/newarrival/item/image/newitem.jpg

*Points to the bottom left* YES! GIRASOLE! :D

joefro
Jun 15, 2008, 01:47 AM
Hopefully Sega makes an announcement about this at E3 next month. I would love to see this by Christmas but my best guess for a US release would be Q1 2009.

Ken_Silver
Jun 15, 2008, 01:50 AM

Me? I want that Tails Madoog. :)

DjDragoon
Jun 15, 2008, 02:25 AM
OMFG that sword looks sexy. Owns Dark Flow 2x over. Btw, did they add something new to their site?
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/
My kanji ain't so good.

A2K
Jun 15, 2008, 03:15 AM
Let's not go nuts here, or anything. Although it's looking great, the game isn't even out. It looks like it'll work quite well on the PSP, but the obvious side effect of that is a lot of elements from the previous games are being left out completely.

It's only natural to expect more content from a more recent release, and I find it difficult to believe that Sonic Team is completely uninvolved in the project, particularly in the area of content design. Actually, given some of the new weapons, it's almost certain they aren't.

No, but it better. I don't see any reason not to.

I don't think it's entirely hopeless, but one major factor would probably be the lack of subscription revenues. PSU pays for itself and then some through people's monthly fees. That said, it probably wouldn't take a too much expensive localization work in either case, since a considerable percentage of the game is already translated to begin with. If Sega of America itself doesn't pick the game up I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Agetec or Atlus swooped in and took the reins as they former has for several other Sega titles.

Rayokarna
Jun 15, 2008, 03:21 AM
I don't think it's entirely hopeless, but one major factor would probably be the lack of subscription revenues. PSU pays for itself and then some through people's monthly fees. That said, it probably wouldn't take a too much expensive localization work in either case, since a considerable percentage of the game is already translated to begin with. If Sega of America itself doesn't pick the game up I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Agetec or Atlus swooped in and took the reins as they former has for several other Sega titles.

EA LOL.

DarkShadowX
Jun 15, 2008, 07:16 AM

Give me my Bringer's Rifle and Caduceus NAO!!! ;_;

Crimson_HUmar
Jun 15, 2008, 03:09 PM
Are those Twin sabers in the video a red and blue electric guitars?

Mysterious-G
Jun 15, 2008, 04:10 PM
Seems like that. I actually dislike that weapon for exactly that reason. A bit too ridiculous for me.
Also, you people are really that impressed? I mean, you always bitch about SEGA doing weapon recycling from PSO into PSU, but most of these PSP weapons are the same.
(I like that recycling, just wonder why you people changed your mind. :p)

But yeah, that promised item quantity is very impressive.

Matic
Jun 15, 2008, 04:45 PM
It's not so much about being impressed...It's more like I'd like to see at least some of these in PSU.
*eyes Caduceus*

Ken_Silver
Jun 15, 2008, 04:57 PM
Seems like that. I actually dislike that weapon for exactly that reason. A bit too ridiculous for me.
Also, you people are really that impressed? I mean, you always bitch about SEGA doing weapon recycling from PSO into PSU, but most of these PSP weapons are the same.
(I like that recycling, just wonder why you people changed your mind. :p)

But yeah, that promised item quantity is very impressive.

Really? I haven't heard too much about people complaining about PSO weapons. When people talk about "no PSO in my PSU," I assume they are talking about the idea of totally recreating PSO in PSU, turning the game into PSO episode 5. I don't mind some rehash, but a total rehash has to be approached with caution. And I am good with having a whole bunch of PSO weapons because the current PSU weapons suck. Granted I want Sega to come up with new original ideas... if they can't bring back stuff that people like.

And what else can we do? If the old PSO players came back to PSU, Sega gets more money. No one can get what they totally want in the end. We all just have to live with it.

Rayokarna
Jun 15, 2008, 05:12 PM
Really? I haven't heard too much about people complaining about PSO weapons. When people talk about "no PSO in my PSU," I assume they are talking about the idea of totally recreating PSO in PSU, turning the game into PSO episode 5. I don't mind some rehash, but a total rehash has to be approached with caution. And I am good with having a whole bunch of PSO weapons because the current PSU weapons suck. Granted I want Sega to come up with new original ideas... if they can't bring back stuff that people like.

And what else can we do? If the old PSO players came back to PSU, Sega gets more money. No one can get what they totally want in the end. We all just have to live with it.

All of that means that WE WANT Sega to do well...

...That just can't happen...

Kinako78
Jun 15, 2008, 06:17 PM
I want that little fox thing! Is it a tech-mag?

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 15, 2008, 07:16 PM
I like that sword that is almost in the middle of the image. I think that it will suit me^^.

yay! first post!:D

AlphaDragoon
Jun 15, 2008, 09:25 PM
OMG, I'd die. Bioware would have WOW quaking in their boots! :D

And let it turn into WoW? No thanks.

I'd prefer Sega just, you know, does their job instead of half-assing it.

Maskim
Jun 15, 2008, 09:47 PM
I want this game so badly. If they don't get it worked out that xbox characters can be transferred over as well as pc/ps2 ones, I won't even give it a glance though. Assuming it makes a US appearance at all.

Kinako78
Jun 15, 2008, 09:59 PM
What's the thing on the lower right supposed to be? It looks like a bell.

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 15, 2008, 10:23 PM
from what I've heard, it is supposed to be a crossbow that shoots out stars or something.

EspioKaos
Jun 15, 2008, 10:54 PM
I want that little fox thing! Is it a tech-mag?

It is. (Riulicon, it's called.)

What's the thing on the lower right supposed to be? It looks like a bell.

Din-di Bell. (Or I guess you could call it the Ding Ding Bell.) But like H3Av3NS PUNISH3R said, it's a crossbow with special star effects.

Kinako78
Jun 15, 2008, 11:23 PM
Ah! Both sound cool! :)

Deissa
Jun 16, 2008, 07:02 AM

It's not surprising. Dimps can put together a better Sonic game than Sonic Team can.

Illuminate
Jun 16, 2008, 08:09 AM
I want this game so badly. If they don't get it worked out that xbox characters can be transferred over as well as pc/ps2 ones, I won't even give it a glance though. Assuming it makes a US appearance at all.All we transfer over is from OFFLINE mode, we get knocked down to level 20, and keep our appearance. That's all.

So don't get any funny ideas about pwning the first time you play the game.

PA's, PM's, Weapons, items, clothes, synth mats, nothing transfers over.

Let me provide you the link...

Ok nevermind Clothes and Parts do transfer over.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142366

Edit: Except PC/PS2 do get that special mission.
Maybe you should consider joining us sometime.

*Coughlikethat'lleverhappencough*

Still, all that carries over is what has to do with your looks, and you get to be level 20 instead of level 1. YAY you can probably get there in two hours, assuming exp is as easy to get as it is in offline mode, kinda hope it's harder, but not as hard as online mode. @_@

Raiza
Jun 16, 2008, 08:18 AM
Judging by how well Crisis Core runs on the PSP, this should be graphically amazing. I'm hoping they do things like how this game is shaping up on the next expansion.

Also, this looks a lot better than PSU. When's the JP release date? I saw 7 and 31 at the end, but did it say this year?

Akaimizu
Jun 16, 2008, 08:27 AM
Nice. I see they threw in the Space Channel 5 gun as a little cameo appearance. :)
Zany, but cool. Now it would be uber awesome if they went way out of the way to do special effects if that gun was used as the last hit on a boss.

That way you would have that triple angle camera shot of the final shot from the gun. "Chu! Chu! Chu!"

hopefromPSO
Jun 16, 2008, 10:34 AM
like honestly, straight up, fuck special effects that shit is just bedazzled colours n shit, thats not fun to just sit and watch, give us more variety with the battle system Alfa Systems, they havent made a better game...

wtf you guys dont even know if this game is gonna be way worse than PSU (i mena why not give psp online mode, thats just stupid) or better your just like confirming uninformed shit. we need more buttons for combinations and more combos and spells need more orginallity and difference between them all (like foie could do multiple hits or casted in sequence while zonde pushes the opponents back and does multiple hits like max shockwave from Star Ocean 3).

the whole press the same button over and over for spells and bullets or spam the hell out of SA is so bland and boring, they need to give us back barehand fighting and spell casting with more skils for Rangers, like 5x bullet PA where you can shoot sequenced bullets for handgun and give machineguns actual bullets and not flashing strips (like those S-Beats) and when your character goes aireal the hit box does too, it shouldnt be considered just a visual effect to make just boring attack series look good but are all the same thing.

Until we get some up to date type next-gen shit (aka something new like clothes design and room builder or an actual skill worthy combo system and different camera angles or different body proportions that match what it looks like (im looking at the fat muscular short legged low torso guy over there) or nanoblast that physically matches your character appearence or a actual spell variety or even rappy or chao pets in your room or interacting PMs that can walk around with you in city or in your room (like a little maid or something)) Alfa Systems hasnt yet to get any kind of props from me (and all that text is just little of what more shit could be added).

There is no other game like PSU atm, that plays like it does and is in the future and all that so SEGA and ST are just throwing away something that just is screaming for recognition and its a sandbox of infinant ideas they could come up with. So anyone thats so one-sided to say something like "GO PLAY WOW!!" heres the thing WoW is boring and just terrible, PSU is too to an extent but im optimistic that PSU will someday be shown its true potential from somebody that realises this. :)

pikachief
Jun 16, 2008, 10:34 AM
Judging by how well Crisis Core runs on the PSP, this should be graphically amazing. I'm hoping they do things like how this game is shaping up on the next expansion.

Also, this looks a lot better than PSU. When's the JP release date? I saw 7 and 31 at the end, but did it say this year?

yes 7/31/08 its this year.

maybe we can get an announcement at E3 or around that time for ours and we'll probably see ours in 4Q

Illuminate
Jun 16, 2008, 11:28 AM
like honestly, straight up, fuck special effects that shit is just bedazzled colours n shit, thats not fun to just sit and watch, give us more variety with the battle system Alfa Systems, they havent made a better game...

wtf you guys dont even know if this game is gonna be way worse than PSU (i mena why not give psp online mode, thats just stupid) or better your just like confirming uninformed shit. we need more buttons for combinations and more combos and spells need more orginallity and difference between them all (like foie could do multiple hits or casted in sequence while zonde pushes the opponents back and does multiple hits like max shockwave from Star Ocean 3).

the whole press the same button over and over for spells and bullets or spam the hell out of SA is so bland and boring, they need to give us back barehand fighting and spell casting with more skils for Rangers, like 5x bullet PA where you can shoot sequenced bullets for handgun and give machineguns actual bullets and not flashing strips (like those S-Beats) and when your character goes aireal the hit box does too, it shouldnt be considered just a visual effect to make just boring attack series look good but are all the same thing.

Until we get some up to date type next-gen shit (aka something new like clothes design and room builder or an actual skill worthy combo system and different camera angles or different body proportions that match what it looks like (im looking at the fat muscular short legged low torso guy over there) or nanoblast that physically matches your character appearence or a actual spell variety or even rappy or chao pets in your room or interacting PMs that can walk around with you in city or in your room (like a little maid or something)) Alfa Systems hasnt yet to get any kind of props from me (and all that text is just little of what more shit could be added).

There is no other game like PSU atm, that plays like it does and is in the future and all that so SEGA and ST are just throwing away something that just is screaming for recognition and its a sandbox of infinant ideas they could come up with. So anyone thats so one-sided to say something like "GO PLAY WOW!!" heres the thing WoW is boring and just terrible, PSU is too to an extent but im optimistic that PSU will someday be shown its true potential from somebody that realises this. :)Do you have to spit the F word on a public forum?

Honestly, not that EVERYONE doesn't know it by now, but really, it's lame.

And please, no. Don't make it so we can't aim again when we attack.

Rayokarna
Jun 16, 2008, 11:46 AM

Uhhhhh, there is a reason why it's called Phantasy Star Portable. Because it is based off PSU nothing less, nothing more.

PSU is an excllent game through and through, no doubt about it. But Alfa Systems have done something Sonic Team couldn't do the first AND the second time round. And that's what is in this game. They have pushed PSU to the next level of it's style and utilised EVERYTHING available to them unlike Sonic Team.

And the statement about PSP not having online play is incredible obvious. Go take Monster Hunter Freedom as an example. Home console online game, Ad-hoc on the portable version. Go figure...

Be happy we are getting title updates and downloadable missions...

RemiusTA
Jun 16, 2008, 01:18 PM

There is no other game like PSU atm, that plays like it does and is in the future and all that so SEGA and ST are just throwing away something that just is screaming for recognition and its a sandbox of infinant ideas they could come up with. So anyone thats so one-sided to say something like "GO PLAY WOW!!" heres the thing WoW is boring and just terrible, PSU is too to an extent but im optimistic that PSU will someday be shown its true potential from somebody that realises this. :)

I looked at your name, "HopeFromPSO", and immediately discredited your bullshit opinions.

Why the fuck does everyone who does this always have some kind of "MAGIC FIX" for the battle system? There is nothing wrong with it for the trillionth time, shut the fuck up already. -_-

This game isnt Star Ocean 3, or Devil may Cry, or Phantasy star Online. Its PSU. Get over it. All your suggestions are retarded. Changing those things would change the game, and there is no reason to give an unbroken battle system overhauls.

Your like one of those people who have this "GREAT IDEA!" for a videogame, but have no clue what actually goes into it. If they put the battle changes you wanted into the game, either it would be FAR too easy, EVERYBODY would be broken, and the game wouldnt be PSU anymore. Not to mention most of them are completley Minor and absolutley nobody cares about them. Special Effects are more important than everything you mentioned.

And Alfa Systems has done nothing that Sonic Team hasn't. They've just had more time. Sonic Team would NOT have given PS Portable to Alfa Systems if they were going to go about their own business with it. It IS a port afterall. Alfa Systems is just doing all the porting and tweaks for programming it for the PSP.

Thor131
Jun 16, 2008, 02:33 PM
In this new video for Phantasy Star Portable if you skip to time segment 2:57 / 4:23 you will see new wepons.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/229348.html

From what I can tell there is a

Missle Launcher
Skeleton Rifle
Weird Ywin Guns
Dino Leg Axe
Heart Double saber
Devil Fork Spear
Scythe
Ball Chain Whip
Robo Cat claws
Double Sided Twin Dagers
Star and Moon Wand
Bird wing Twin Sabers
Ghost Tech Mag
Lollypop Axe
Weird Gernade Launcher
Star Shot Handgun
Deva Zashi Long Sword

pikachief
Jun 16, 2008, 02:39 PM
Giant Lolipop!?

Giant piece of meat!?!

and i was thinking about NOT making kitty in this one! haha!

Dragwind
Jun 16, 2008, 02:47 PM
That was quite an interesting trailer. Each bit of news and media brings me closer and closer into considering an import. :)

pikachief
Jun 16, 2008, 02:50 PM
That was quite an interesting trailer. Each bit of news and media brings me closer and closer into considering an import. :)

me as well O.o

hopefromPSO
Jun 16, 2008, 02:57 PM
Remius stick a dick in it, hehe heh like shut up your some sauce. If you like to have a bunch of useless sparkley mess scattered thats great, good for you but thats definitely not at all effective over what i said thats just your shit opinion like you call mine, and i was using an attack from star ocean as a reference.

Devil May Cry? What? Your going out of your way to try and mislead readers from what the dynamics of my post were, why did you waist your time im just gonna also come back and break down every little detail you insist on me doing and for what purpose are you bringing drama into the forum? Okay my post was intimidative, long winded, the best, better than any post youve ever posted, truthfully talks down to those who are dillusional and falsy optimistic about stars, bubbles, and fun time colors and in your face but it wasnt to recieve negativity such as your post, all that ish was unecessary, almost like that saying "misery needs company" your comment screams such -ness.

Anywho, that whole post i made was to give this game veriety and not extra shit that has no sence of change and lies still in the department of bland garbage with PSU and Remius. Spamming and mashing is so not fun and is just terrible, its awful however as i gladly quote my comment of excelling greatness, i stated that i adore PS and its series and is optimistic about it so im not just gonna drop it and let my altime favorite series die without any consent or trial to get it back on its feet and make it of some competition even if it somehow makes it up to competition with a game as bad as Big Rigs racing its a step up from its down in the dumps state it is now, trust when i say the Jpn population is not AT ALL big in comparison to a game that wouldve had online such as .hack or kingdom hearts, they need to make a change because thats what needs to be done, is change.

Triton
Jun 16, 2008, 03:15 PM
In this new video for Phantasy Star Portable if you skip to time segment 2:57 / 4:23 you will see new weapons.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/229348.html

From what I can tell there is a

Missile Launcher
Skeleton Rifle
Weird Twin Guns
Dino Leg Axe
Heart Double saber
Devil Fork Spear
Scythe
Ball Chain Whip
Robo Cat claws
Double Sided Twin Daggers
Star and Moon Wand
Bird wing Twin Sabers
Ghost Tech Mag
Lollypop Axe
Weird Grenade Launcher
Star Shot Handgun
Deva Zashi Long Sword

I corrected your spelling But this is Very interesting.

RemiusTA
Jun 16, 2008, 05:01 PM
Remius stick a dick in it, hehe heh like shut up your some sauce. If you like to have a bunch of useless sparkley mess scattered thats great, good for you but thats definitely not at all effective over what i said thats just your shit opinion like you call mine, and i was using an attack from star ocean as a reference.

Nothing you said was "effective". Just retarded.

And i dont know what the fuck "hehe heh your some sauce" means.

Devil May Cry? What? Your going out of your way to try and mislead readers from what the dynamics of my post were, why did you waist your time im just gonna also come back and break down every little detail you insist on me doing and for what purpose are you bringing drama into the forum? Okay my post was intimidative, long winded, the best, better than any post youve ever posted, truthfully talks down to those who are dillusional and falsy optimistic about stars, bubbles, and fun time colors and in your face but it wasnt to recieve negativity such as your post, all that ish was unecessary, almost like that saying "misery needs company" your comment screams such -ness.

HAHAHAHAHA, you cant be serious. What, you think you're some kind of inspirational writer now? You cant even form sentences correctly. I wouldn't pick your posts apart if you would stop making it so easy for me.

And i dont know what the fuck "intimidative" means either.

Anywho, that whole post i made was to give this game veriety and not extra shit that has no sence of change and lies still in the department of bland garbage with PSU and Remius. Spamming and mashing is so not fun and is just terrible, its awful however as i gladly quote my comment of excelling greatness, i stated that i adore PS and its series and is optimistic about it so im not just gonna drop it and let my altime favorite series die without any consent or trial to get it back on its feet and make it of some competition even if it somehow makes it up to competition with a game as bad as Big Rigs racing its a step up from its down in the dumps state it is now, trust when i say the Jpn population is not AT ALL big in comparison to a game that wouldve had online such as .hack or kingdom hearts, they need to make a change because thats what needs to be done, is change.

Di...did you just make a comparison between Phantasy Star Universe and Kingdom Hearts?

There's no reason for me to argue with you anymore. You're just fucking retarded. You complain about Button Mashing, but then make a reference to Kingdom Hearts.

Just go to sleep or something. Explaining your faults wouldn't only be a waste of time, it would take all day.

Rayokarna
Jun 16, 2008, 05:28 PM

....Im not posting here anymore >_>

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 16, 2008, 05:50 PM
lol, seriously guys stop fighting and get back to the fourm... ^^

RemiusTA
Jun 16, 2008, 05:54 PM
sorry, he needed it >>

pikachief
Jun 16, 2008, 06:26 PM
i just realized how much reading there probably is in this and that an import would be a bad idea since i cant read japanese :( lol

Akaimizu
Jun 16, 2008, 07:45 PM
I already pre-ordered the thing. Then again. This is not new for me. Seems I'm always grabbing a Japanese copy first and then getting the US version later for these games.

Fortunately, I can read enough Japanese characters to get by, on most games. (Especially since these games use loads of Kana characters to spell out names that are treated as foreign words. If you can read the simpler alphabet, you'll be able to read pretty much every item and 80% of the menus, just on that. Rudimentary Japanese has to handle the rest, though. However, most of that is color and dialogue. )

Maskim
Jun 16, 2008, 09:47 PM
All we transfer over is from OFFLINE mode, we get knocked down to level 20, and keep our appearance. That's all.

So don't get any funny ideas about pwning the first time you play the game.

PA's, PM's, Weapons, items, clothes, synth mats, nothing transfers over.

Let me provide you the link...

Ok nevermind Clothes and Parts do transfer over.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142366

Edit: Except PC/PS2 do get that special mission.
Maybe you should consider joining us sometime.

*Coughlikethat'lleverhappencough*

Still, all that carries over is what has to do with your looks, and you get to be level 20 instead of level 1. YAY you can probably get there in two hours, assuming exp is as easy to get as it is in offline mode, kinda hope it's harder, but not as hard as online mode. @_@

Yes, I am aware of this. I have read the available information for the game, thus far.

I happen to like my character, his looks, and clothing. That's the main issue for me, although a close second is the thought of losing out on the special item one can only get from transferring their character. So, it may be stupid, but maybe the Whitill wing is just badass in PSP, and I'll never get it, no matter how much hunting I do, because I pay my monthly fee through xbox live, instead of directly to sega?

No thank you. This game looks awesome to me, and I can't wait for its release. However, since Sega's never going to merge the servers (Cause I'd love to include the pc/ps2 community in our larger xbox community), the least they can do is not show favoritism to one. If I'm going to spend $40-50 for a game, and get less for my money than another player does, because they play ps2, well, I'll just pass.

That's why I'm hoping that they get a character transfer for 360 characters too. It can't be that hard. You plug in your usb cable to the xbox instead of your pc.

EspioKaos
Jun 16, 2008, 10:23 PM
All we transfer over is from OFFLINE mode, we get knocked down to level 20, and keep our appearance. That's all.

No, it's your online character data that is used in PSP's data import feature. You'll enter your PSU ID and password on a special site accessed from the PSP which will then let you import your character data.

pikachief
Jun 17, 2008, 12:54 AM
thats y i kinda want the PSUJP version, i like the way i look more on PSUJP then my PSU US account :( lol

Raven5_1
Jun 17, 2008, 03:04 AM
personally i don't have a psp so i wont even bother with the game, but i do worry about the lack of actual online mode.

ShadowDragon28
Jun 17, 2008, 03:35 AM
Dammit... sweet weapons, Soul Eater/Banish sythe is in it, frakkin awesome... But I have no PSP or money for one...crap. T_T

furrypaws
Jun 17, 2008, 07:15 AM
In the video someone posted last page (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/229348.html), someone's probably already noticed this, but it looks like they've taken out all navigation outside of in combat. That kinda makes me sad. It also looks like the story (or at least the main portion) will be told from a Fire Emblem style with some model magic scenes. This is probably better for the handheld, but I liked walking around in cities (or even my room). I hope they allow some movement, but unlikely.

And my goodness, it looks like the game actually just about runs better than PSU does. Kinda funny, actually.

I loved how excited the four people playing it got. The one guy was like mashing his PSP with this huge look of concentration.

Then they killed the dragon, and they were all like, "W00TZZ HI5!@!!@!!!111!1!1112" . That really cracked me up.

Overall though, this is looking really, really good. I'm a story fanatic, unfortunately, and no matter how good the translation guide, I would much prefer a version in English, and likely won't import this game...even if it means not owning it (please no Sega).

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 17, 2008, 09:36 AM
This is going to be awesome!!! Luckily i am going to be working in the summer to buy me a new psp... (my old one broke:().

Um, just putting it out there, does anybody know where I can get a nice gaming laptop for REEEEEAAAAAL CHEAP like $500.00-600.00?

I want one so I can transfer over to the pc/ps2 servers so that when I get PSP, I would be able to transfer my characters to the game.

Zorafim
Jun 17, 2008, 10:07 AM
I can't wait to see how ridiculous using the soul eater with gravity break is going to look.

RemiusTA
Jun 17, 2008, 10:08 AM
Its going to look like awesomeness, shut your face!

Akaimizu
Jun 17, 2008, 03:06 PM
At this particular time, you really won't find a nice gaming-laptop for anything under $1000 when tax is taken in consideration. That seems to be the current limit on any laptop that has a true dedicated graphics card and such.

Technically, the best deal in gaming-laptop desktop replacement I've seen is the GateWay 6800FX which is also available at Best Buy. The price fluctuates a little bit, but the lowest I've seen it was around $1199.

Fortunately, the graphics card it comes with is right about at the top of the heap. The Nvidia 8800 GTS. It might be 1 or 2 cards off the top, but you might as well say you wont get anything noticibly better on a laptop. Everything else about the machine is upgradable even after you have it.

D1ABOLIK
Jun 17, 2008, 10:10 PM
Any word yet on a US release and/or date??

Ken_Silver
Jun 17, 2008, 10:14 PM
At this particular time, you really won't find a nice gaming-laptop for anything under $1000 when tax is taken in consideration. That seems to be the current limit on any laptop that has a true dedicated graphics card and such.

Technically, the best deal in gaming-laptop desktop replacement I've seen is the GateWay 6800FX which is also available at Best Buy. The price fluctuates a little bit, but the lowest I've seen it was around $1199.

Fortunately, the graphics card it comes with is right about at the top of the heap. The Nvidia 8800 GTS. It might be 1 or 2 cards off the top, but you might as well say you wont get anything noticibly better on a laptop. Everything else about the machine is upgradable even after you have it.

That's good to know for me too. Sadly, I don't have that kind of Meseta... errr... I mean Cash. :)

Any word yet on a US release and/or date??

Segac laughes at you for asking this so soon. :wacko:

Non Sarcastic answer: Nope.

pikachief
Jun 18, 2008, 12:39 AM
That's good to know for me too. Sadly, I don't have that kind of Meseta... errr... I mean Cash. :)

Segac laughes at you for asking this so soon. :wacko:

Non Sarcastic answer: Nope.

soon? it comes out like in 2 weeks for JP and we've gotten PSU and AotI 2 months after JP release. its not too soon to ask :P

D1ABOLIK
Jun 18, 2008, 12:50 AM
soon? it comes out like in 2 weeks for JP and we've gotten PSU and AotI 2 months after JP release. its not too soon to ask :P That is why i asked. Hopefully 2 months at the latest. I hope we get this. Its the only PSP game i am looking forward to and i would rather not import. Please Sega bring this over here!!

blyr
Jun 18, 2008, 12:50 AM
soon? it comes out like in 2 weeks for JP and we've gotten PSU and AotI 2 months after JP release. its not too soon to ask :P

I'm hoping PSP follows the same 2 month pattern; but the pattern I've seen on PSP (console) games is 7 months inbetween..

so if we're going to get it, we'll either have it by september, or february..

REALLY hoping it gets released in september >.<

pikachief
Jun 18, 2008, 02:09 AM
yea though this isnt made by sonic team and it'll most likely follow the pattern of most PSP games, i expect this to be released 4Q >.>

Ken_Silver
Jun 18, 2008, 02:42 AM

Keyword: Segac. If the final decision to release it worldwide was not Sega's, then I'd agree with you. But since it is, I wouldn't even ask about a US date until its been out in Japan for at least a month.

But I hope I am wrong. September is my birthday and that means I can get it with my birthday money. Woot.

Magitek_X
Jun 18, 2008, 07:36 AM
I see what you did there.

Schubalts
Jun 18, 2008, 10:19 AM
So. How easy is it to use that Xlink Kai thing for PSPs? I've never had the urge to go online with any of my games before.

blyr
Jun 18, 2008, 11:43 AM
So. How easy is it to use that Xlink Kai thing for PSPs? I've never had the urge to go online with any of my games before.

Pretty easy, took me 20 mins to get it fully set up on my other comp.

easy123
Jun 18, 2008, 11:57 AM
its a rip off port of the xbox 360 pc ps2 ver do not buy this rip off
they could mak a all new one for psp they got the f..king money this makes me sick make and i have a psp too

if you have the xbox 360 pc ps2 ver what the f..k would you buy this

walk down the game store and buy it then Zombies

you only helping them put out old shuff again and again by buying it Zombies

burninglink5
Jun 18, 2008, 12:28 PM
Something I just noticed... PSP takes place between Ep. 1 and Ep. 2, right? But PSP has Rozenom City in it, even though it wasn't destroyed until the end of Ep. 2/ beginning of Ep. 3.

Illuminate
Jun 18, 2008, 12:54 PM
The story does, network mode means nothing. LOL

EspioKaos
Jun 18, 2008, 01:03 PM
Something I just noticed... PSP takes place between Ep. 1 and Ep. 2, right? But PSP has Rozenom City in it, even though it wasn't destroyed until the end of Ep. 2/ beginning of Ep. 3.
Signs point to that being Old Mellvore. One mission (Ecosystem Defense) was revealed to take place there, and going by the mission's location logo thing which matches Rozenom's, I think it's safe to assume that both cities will look exactly alike as far as scenery goes. At least I hope that's the case. I'd hate for some huge plot hole like that to show up. :lol:

Oh, something else that just came to mind: the screens we've seen that show Rozenom could be from multi-mode instead of story mode, so that there's not necessarily a continuity to follow. If that's the case, then there's a bit of hope that Mellvore will at least look slightly different from Rozenom. Maybe.

ChaosAngel92
Jun 18, 2008, 01:50 PM
No more saying "SEGAC". Im in love again of PSU and I CANT bloody damn wait to play this thing. Im going to download in japanese, I dont care if I dont understand a thing.

SEGA and Sonic Team made my day......

Soul Banish (NOT EATER!!!)
Demonic Fork
Gyrasole

I cant bealive this, but my gunner character is going to aim some melee when this weps came out.

I love the new weapons, finally I see lots of rares comming as it was used on PSO.
Less mass produced things. Now this is the real game I was hoping for a year ago (I THINK)

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 18, 2008, 09:45 PM
No more saying "SEGAC". Im in love again of PSU and I CANT bloody damn wait to play this thing. Im going to download in japanese, I dont care if I dont understand a thing.

SEGA and Sonic Team made my day......

Soul Banish (NOT EATER!!!)
Demonic Fork
Gyrasole

I cant bealive this, but my gunner character is going to aim some melee when this weps came out.

I love the new weapons, finally I see lots of rares comming as it was used on PSO.
Less mass produced things. Now this is the real game I was hoping for a year ago (I THINK)

that was one of the main things that I loved about PSO... the mass invetory of rare weapons that they had.

THOTH
Jun 19, 2008, 01:35 PM
Yeah I noticed PSU's weapon selection seemed a bit dry... as in a lot of high end rares looked more like a normal default weapon in a generic sense rather than a real epic rare.

As far as weapons, here's what I'd like to see...aside from lots of new ones of course.

1. Lavis cannon
2. The dark weapons...less autistic (give them combos)
3. Elysion...this is my FAVORITE weapon in PSO. Its sooo cool looking. Maybe make an Elysdion (spelling...sorry) and make it even stronger indicating the Elysion was just a duplicate.
4. Meteor Comet: really cool looking, I think any way.
5. Evil Curst (pretty useless, but cool weapon in PSO. Changed to PSU weapon, it'd be useful)
6. Technical Crozier with a HUGE cast bonus (Doesn't that just make sense?)
7. Magical Piece.... (it was my first rare in the DC game...fond memories. It made my Fonewm...well... pretty homo. But in a fabulous sort of way)

That's all I can think of right now... any thing you guys want to see from PSO or Blueburst?

pikachief
Jun 19, 2008, 01:47 PM
Elysion is coming out in our current version of PSU eventually

The_Bear753
Jun 19, 2008, 02:06 PM
What is the "major spoiler" boss? I couldn't see.

Illuminate
Jun 20, 2008, 11:36 PM
What is the "major spoiler" boss? I couldn't see.Are you retarded? @_@ You actually want to SEE a spoiler?

Fine. @_@

Delmarvin
Jun 24, 2008, 09:44 PM
You know, there is one question I should ask: if you create a new charecter, is there a bald hair option?

Very good question. I wish the bald option was. . . well add that to the pile of PSU wishes. ;)

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Jun 24, 2008, 09:59 PM
Very good question. I wish the bald option was. . . well add that to the pile of PSU wishes. ;)

You cannot have fantasy *cough* I mean, Phantasy characters with baldies. It's unatural.

All Phantasy characters are supposed to have long, exotic-colored hair in crazy styles...

Making it bald will bend the Phantasy dimension, and ultimately rip it apart.^^

Schubalts
Jun 25, 2008, 06:40 AM
You cannot have fantasy *cough* I mean, Phantasy characters with baldies. It's unatural.

All Phantasy characters are supposed to have long, exotic-colored hair in crazy styles...

Making it bald will bend the Phantasy dimension, and ultimately rip it apart.^^

Bruce would like to have a word with you.

Delmarvin
Jun 25, 2008, 07:33 AM
Bruce would like to have a word with you.

Yeah Bruce definitely would like to discuss his unnatural effect on the universe :D

I'm thinking there are at least two of us who would choose the bald option? ^^

panzer_unit
Jun 25, 2008, 08:34 AM
Yeah Bruce definitely would like to discuss his unnatural effect on the universe :D

I'm thinking there are at least two of us who would choose the bald option? ^^

Doesn't Bruce just have matching skin/hair colors? Notice also he's got no eyebrows, and his freaky upper lip is actually an invisible mustache.

Zumafire
Jun 25, 2008, 08:54 AM
Super pumped about this just like all of you. I wonder if we can hope for a State side release before xmas?? It would be a crime not to bring it over here.... wouldn't it?

EspioKaos
Jun 25, 2008, 12:06 PM
Courtesy of Shougai PSO (http://psupedia.info/PSP:Phantasy_Star_Portable#Guardian_types), new information was published in the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStaion concerning PSP's Guardian type photon art caps, weapon proficiencies and type requirements. Instead of typing out all of the info, however, I'll link to the update I made at PSUPedia.

http://psupedia.info/PSP:Phantasy_Star_Portable#Guardian_types

Only info we're missing now is the requirements for Protranser.

ErtaiClou
Jun 25, 2008, 12:20 PM
O wow, Vivienne's eyes are a really glossed-over red on psupedia.

DjDragoon
Jun 25, 2008, 12:21 PM
Darn, only 1 new type of axe and it's a lolipop... :/

EspioKaos
Jun 25, 2008, 12:32 PM
Darn, only 1 new type of axe and it's a lolipop... :/

There's also the Bil De Horn Axe.

panzer_unit
Jun 25, 2008, 12:41 PM
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Protranser gets all S ranks again:
Melee - Knuckles, Sword, Spear, Axe, Double Saber
Range - Laser, Shotgun, Grenade, Bow, Rifle
Tech - Rod WTH
... no one-handed weapons at all!

lv30 is the highest PA levels seem to go, I wonder what stats and progression will look like.

EspioKaos
Jun 25, 2008, 12:46 PM
Oh, that reminds me! Character level cap will be LV100, and PA caps will be LV30. No mention on the type cap yet.

Mia-chan
Jun 25, 2008, 12:48 PM
Pretty Baton~
Lollipop Axe~

Weeeeee! :3

Hiroko
Jun 25, 2008, 12:50 PM
OMG, Protranser can use S-rank rods? I hope I read that right! Protranser never looked better to me that this moment! (I'm not belittling PT in any way, I just really like the new set of weapons)

panzer_unit
Jun 25, 2008, 12:51 PM
Oh, that reminds me! Character level cap will be LV100, and PA caps will be LV30. No mention on the type cap yet.

Over nine thousand!
We've gotta be able to grind SOMETHING.

mvffin
Jun 25, 2008, 12:55 PM
Tech - Rod WTH

IIRC, aren't all the classes able to use either Wands or TCSM? Would make sense that they gave the ROD to PT then.

Rayokarna
Jun 25, 2008, 02:51 PM
XD. My dream PT pallet will come to life.

Love Inferno
Psyco Wand
Gur Asted
Killer Elite
Ank Buti
Ragan-Ragan

:D

EspioKaos
Jun 25, 2008, 09:53 PM
Even more new info from Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/080626b.html) and the latest Dengeki PlayStation!

Development details
* The ideas behind PSP were all coming together before the original PSU went on sale in Japan.
* Development of PSP was outsourced to Alfa System due to SonicTeam focusing on the development of AOTI.
* The actual programming of PSP began around February of 2007.
* SEGA and Alfa System made sure to collaborate with each other to share ideas.
* One idea of Alfa System's was to use a 2D display for certain things such as cities, your room and some dialog sequences.

Story mode
* As stated before, the game offers multiple endings. There will be a total of three different endings.
* Alfa were put completely in charge of organizing the story.
* Your first time through the story mode is estimated to take around 15-20 hours.
* After clearing the game once, your character level will carry over to your second play-through. Your items, however, will not.
* When your character data rolls over to your second game, it will not affect your original character data. (Sounds like it simply creates a second save file or slot.)
* No more "Game Over!" If incapacitated, you'll simply start from the beginning of the mission. All EXP and items you gained before incapacitation will remain intact.
* There will be a total of eight character slots for story mode.

Multi-mode
* There will be a total of eight character slots for multi-mode. (This means that story mode and multi-mode characters will be kept separate. Not what I was expecting.)

Item details
* Equipment purchased from shops will have random elements and percents attached to them.
* Clothes and parts can be acquired through special missions instead of just buying them from shops. (There will be some costumes that are available only through certain missions.)
* New design staff members were brought in to "liven up" the current weapon designs.
* One major influence of the design team was the re-introduction of numerous old weapons. (I'm sorry, but that's just a bit counter-productive, right? If they were supposed to bring in new stuff, I'd expect them to not fall back on old PSO weapons, but instead design some new stuff...)
* Most items cannot be exchanged with other players. Weapons fall into this category. Clothes, parts and recovery items can be exchanged, however.
* One PSO weapon being brought back is the Prophets of Motav.

Item drop details
* The party leader's Guardian type will determine the types of items that drop in missions. Hunter-types will see more striking weapons while ranger-types will see more firearms.
* Elements and percents of dropped items will be random.

Enemies
* There will be only three new bosses in the game: Bil Degoras, SEED-Helga and Vivienne.

Partner machines
* There will be eight types of partner machines: GH410, GH420, GH430, GH440, GH450, GH470, GH480 and GH490. There are no sub-types such as GH451.
* There will be a total of ten costumes for players to wear which match up with certain PM models' costumes.

Stats
* Character levels will cap at LV100.
* Photon arts will cap at LV30.

Mission details
* Certain missions will limit you on the number of players allowed.

Link-up with AOTI
* The Vivienne Fluge SUV weapon that will be given to players for importing their character data (I assume this will go only to CASTs, while Whitill Wing goes to everyone else) is a healing-type SUV. It also has other unknown "support effects."
* There is nothing in store as far as reverse-linking from PSU to PSP.
* Director Satoshi Sakai says that going in reverse like that was "difficult and impractical."
* PSP will not link with the 360 version of PSU.

MrPOW
Jun 25, 2008, 10:06 PM
I would be able to be so much more excited about this if we'd just get a NA release date :(

Maskim
Jun 25, 2008, 10:41 PM
Even more new info from Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/080626b.html) and the latest Dengeki PlayStation!

Development details
* The ideas behind PSP were all coming together before the original PSU went on sale in Japan.
* Development of PSP was outsourced to Alfa System due to SonicTeam focusing on the development of AOTI.
* One idea of Alfa System's was to use a 2D display for certain things such as cities, your room and some dialog sequences.

Story mode
* As stated before, the game offers multiple endings. There will be a total of three different endings.
* Your first time through the story mode is estimated to take around 15-20 hours.
* After clearing the game once, your character level will carry over to your second play-through. Your items, however, will not.
* When your character data rolls over to your second game, it will not affect your original character data. (Sounds like it simply creates a second save file or slot.)
* No more "Game Over!" If incapacitated, you'll simply start from the beginning of the mission. All EXP and items you gained before incapacitation will remain intact.

Multi-mode
* There will be a total of eight character slots for multi-mode. (This means that story mode and multi-mode characters will be kept separate. Not what I was expecting.)

Item details
* Equipment purchased from shops will have random elements and percents attached to them.
* Clothes and parts can be acquired through special missions instead of just buying them from shops. (There will be some costumes that are available only through certain missions.)
* New design staff members were brought in to "liven up" the current weapon designs.
* One major influence of the design team was the re-introduction of numerous old weapons. (I'm sorry, but that's just a bit counter-productive, right? If they were supposed to bring in new stuff, I'd expect them to not fall back on old PSO weapons, but instead design some new stuff...)
* Most items cannot be exchanged with other players. Weapons fall into this category. Clothes, parts and recovery items can be exchanged, however.

Item drop details
* The party leader's Guardian type will determine the types of items that drop in missions. Hunter-types will see more striking weapons while ranger-types will see more firearms.

Enemies
* There will be only three new bosses in the game: Bil Degoras, SEED-Helga and Vivienne.

Partner machines
* There will be eight types of partner machines: GH410, GH420, GH430, GH440, GH450, GH470, GH480 and GH490. There are no sub-types such as GH451.
* There will be a total of ten costumes for players to wear which match up with certain PM models' costumes.

Stats

Mission details

Link-up with AOTI
* The Vivienne Fluge SUV weapon that will be given to players for importing their character data (I assume this will go only to CASTs, while Whitill Wing goes to everyone else) is a healing-type SUV. It also has other unknown "support effects."
* Director Satoshi Sakai says that going in reverse like that was "difficult and impractical."

Well, there's one game crossed off my to buy list.

Phoenix_Black
Jun 25, 2008, 10:56 PM

*Withers up and blows away*

THOTH
Jun 25, 2008, 11:20 PM

Hmmm...well....we'll see...

Okay...wait stop. The point of the 3D PS games is collecting weapons and items. Taking those items away seems like a REALLY really bad idea.

What's the point if you can't even keep your equipment?!

Multi-mode

......can multi be done by single player? Will be be like the Crystal Chronicles games for DS where you have a seperate multiplayer character? Are there levels of difficult that raise like in PSO?

I'm sorry...but if the only way to play solo is through story mode, and you have to keep looking for new weapons each time... that sounds lame. It makes NO sense why they'd change the system from like what PSO used.

EspioKaos
Jun 25, 2008, 11:40 PM
Hmm... I just realized that something doesn't add up correctly. The official site states that you can use your story mode character in multi-mode. (Basically, just like PSO was where you could level offline and later take your character online.) Something's not right. Either Dengeki published incorrect information or SonicTeam made a last-minute change and haven't updated the site to reflect the alteration.

Weeaboolits
Jun 25, 2008, 11:47 PM
I'm not liking the sound of losing all my items at the end of story mode, or the low level caps, I was hoping for the 200 / 30 / 50 caps.

mvffin
Jun 26, 2008, 12:26 AM

Oh well, that just means I'll have to buy clothes again, and take a couple extra hours to level up to 20. Big whoop.

Owait, I still have a PC/PS2 account. I could just buy the clothes I want there, and make a new character to transfer over. yay.

I'm sure they'll find some other way to spit whitill wings at us 360'ers.

blyr
Jun 26, 2008, 12:43 AM
I became majorly dissapointed at some of this news..

Unless multimode is basically how Extra mode was for PSU v1; Then that'd be fine with me, and I'd be totally okay with everything else.

I'm HOPING the reasoning behind having to start fresh in story mode is just to play at a higher difficulty to unlock more content for your character, and still be able to take him/her to the multimode, or SOMETHING.. thus the need for 8 slots.

Or, the 8 slots could be because the JP PC/PS2 have 8 slots, and they may want to import all of their characters..

I'm still going to buy this game if it gets a US release, just a bit dissapointed..

pikachief
Jun 26, 2008, 12:47 AM
so wait, if i transfer my characters to the game, but i dont have a cast, can i get the SUV from making a cast or do the free items only go to the already-created characters?

all i have is Kitty on the US version lol

RemiusTA
Jun 26, 2008, 01:00 AM

Development details

Story mode

Multi-mode

Item details

Item drop details

Enemies

Partner machines

Stats

Mission details

Link-up with AOTI

Failure.

D1ABOLIK
Jun 26, 2008, 02:23 AM
I was hoping to use the same character for everything. Also no buying clothes?? Only obtainable through missions?? And 2D sucks, i enjoy running around the cities and my room. Im still excited about this since its portable, but i gotta agree, alot of that info is fail.

Zantra
Jun 26, 2008, 03:29 AM
They're making it so much more like PSO, I wish they would just give us PSO...

goldbrease
Jun 26, 2008, 04:24 AM
have they talked about what this online connection stuff will be about?

EspioKaos
Jun 26, 2008, 12:42 PM
Oh well, that just means I'll have to buy clothes again, and take a couple extra hours to level up to 20. Big whoop.

Owait, I still have a PC/PS2 account. I could just buy the clothes I want there, and make a new character to transfer over. yay.

I'm sure they'll find some other way to spit whitill wings at us 360'ers.
Thank you! I'm glad to see some people realize that the lack of 360 support is not that bad of a thing. And considering how PSP is supposed to be "super-EZ, lol rarz and wtf exp," getting back the 20 levels and 10,000 Meseta will take no time at all.

so wait, if i transfer my characters to the game, but i dont have a cast, can i get the SUV from making a cast or do the free items only go to the already-created characters?
You won't get anything for creating a new character in PSP since the special item goes to your AOTI character (not your PSP character). You can create a CAST in AOTI, however, and then transfer him/her over to get a Vivienne Fluge.

Also no buying clothes?? Only obtainable through missions??
I never said that. Clothes are still sold in shops, however certain sets are available only through special missions. It's pretty much just like our current setup with things like the Rappy Suit and Formalwear which were available only during events.

have they talked about what this online connection stuff will be about?
Downloadable missions in the future. The game will not (officially) support real online multi-player, only local area wireless.

There's also the data import feature where you can enter your Japanese PC/PS2 account information to transfer a small portion of your AOTI character's data over to PSP. All that transfers is your looks, currently equipped clothing/parts and name. Your level will also transfer, however it gets cut at LV20, so if you're capped on the PC/PS2 game, your PSP character will start at LV20. Weapon, photon arts, items, common box inventory, etc. will not transfer. (Oh, and you get a free 10,000 Meseta for transferring, so a small portion of your money will come with you.)

As far as what you get in AOTI for transferring your data over: either Whitill Wing (extra unit) or Vivienne Fluge (recovery-type SUV weapon). But as was stated before, there will likely be another method of getting these items aside from data transfer to PSP.

blyr
Jun 26, 2008, 02:57 PM
Story mode

Multi-mode
Okay, I'm seriously starting to beleive that it'll be like PSU v1; *Reread the entire paragraph several times*

Except, I somehow still beleive that since it's keeping our saves from the story separate, that we'll be able to do a one-way transfer from story to the "multimode";.. If not that, then the only reason I could see for them doing that would be to have it setup in the v1 mode where your main (ethan) could do free missions and level up, but was completely diferent from your Extra mode character.. which would make sense too; so that you can just pick up the game and play with friends, and everyone will be a noob at first, etc.;

Only thing I'm wondering about is, will multi-mode be "do-able" alone, basically making it the "Extra mode", or will we HAVE to link up with someone?

Either way, I re-hyped myself for this game, totally want it 110% again.

EspioKaos
Jun 26, 2008, 03:06 PM
Only thing I'm wondering about is, will multi-mode be "do-able" alone, basically making it the "Extra mode", or will we HAVE to link up with someone?
I've seen at least once mission info screen that says the number of players allowed is between one and four, so the inclusion of one means multi-mode should support solo play. I hope so, at least.

goldbrease
Jun 26, 2008, 03:15 PM
if i had a psp i would get this just for the witle wings, unless other things you do in the psp are going to let you get more stuff for you aoti chars. maybe play it while on road trips but otherwise i want witle wings.

blyr
Jun 26, 2008, 03:15 PM
I've seen at least once mission info screen that says the number of players allowed is between one and four, so the inclusion of one means multi-mode should support solo play. I hope so, at least.Ahhhh!

That's a huge relief.. yeah, if it was "multi-only", I'm sure it'd have said between two and four..so there's once again a great chance I'll import this.. Thanks EspioKaos >w<

THOTH
Jun 27, 2008, 12:08 AM
The character stuff is a bit weird. Protransers can use attach techs of the same level as forces? That means....Newmans would actually make decent protransers this time...beasts would be better in some ways than a cast....whereas the Acromaster seems almost like a better cast class now. But, acromaster can at least tech and have a combat weapon at the same time, whereas protranser goes back and fourth between decent tech and no techs.

SabZero
Jun 28, 2008, 04:32 AM
Hey, there's PSP accessories coming out, PSU themed! Thread at official forum with link to store (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=82157).

Do want ^^

-Chilly
Jun 28, 2008, 04:28 PM
I dont know if its old news or anything but I found this little bit of info.
If its old shoot me XD

Info copied from PSPfanboy.com
------
Finally, more information on Phantasy Star Portable has surfaced. The biggest reveal involves the ability to import characters from Phantasy Star Universe -- the console game that PSP is based on. Players of the PS2 and PC versions of Phantasy Star Universe may import their characters and carry over their character's name and personal data as well as currently equipped cloths and parts. Level, however, will be capped at level 20 and spare equipment, special items, etc. will not be carried over. Those with a 360 PSU will not be able to import any data at all.

Also, the game has an all-new story mode with new missions. A four player co-op mode through an ad hoc connection will also be included. Phantasy Star Portable is currently set for release in Japan on July 31. A North American release has yet to be announced.
------

Mysterious-G
Jun 28, 2008, 04:47 PM
Um... old. Very old.

EspioKaos
Jun 30, 2008, 09:21 AM
More new info from Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/080630c.html) and the latest issue of Gemaga!

Re: Story mode
* There are some items that can be obtained only after clearing the game.
* There are several hidden "sub-events" in the game.
* The key to getting the good ending of the game lies with finding the hidden events.
* There is a total of approximately 20 minutes of animated cutscenes throughout the game.
* PSP will follow in the "tragic" footsteps of previous Phantasy Star titles. This likely means the death of a lead character.

Re: Multi-mode
* Multi-mode will support solo play.
* Up to three NPCs can be taken with you (unlike PSU where you can have a maximum of two NPCs).

Re: Items
* Three new RCSMs have been confirmed: Dreamcast, Mark III and Genesis. (MegaDrive, if you want. I'm taking the liberty of localizing for the sake of this post.)
* The Dreamcast RCSM shoots discs instead of lasers or bullets. Likewise, the Mark III and Genesis versions shoot game cartridges. :lol:
* Item exchange limits between players have been changed slightly. It says that weapons, line shields and rare items cannot be exchanged.
* Clothes and parts can drop in missions.

Re: Sound
* The sound for the game has been recorded as MIDI.
* This could be due to some issues with skipping music that was reported during last December's Jump Festa exhibit.

Re: Title system
* Players will receive stat upgrades when they acquire a new title.
* The party leader's stat upgrades from their title will also reflect on their party members.

Re: Save function
* There is no auto-save feature.
* After clearing a mission, you will be prompted to select whether or not you want to save.
* Each city offers save points.
* The writer of Shougai PSO expresses concerns over the lack of auto-save, saying that it could be exploited in the case of weapon grinding. Since grind values are random with PSP, once could simply reset until they get a high grind, save that progress, repeat.

Re: Missions
* As you gain levels, new fields will become available. (Just like offline mode of PSU and AOTI.)

furrypaws
Jun 30, 2008, 09:27 AM
* Item exchange limits between players have been changed slightly. It says that weapons, line shields and rare items cannot be exchanged.

That's slightly? That just about takes out any aspect of trade this game had. It kinda looks more like an offline game with four player support thrown in.

To be honest, I'm fine with that. >_>

EspioKaos
Jun 30, 2008, 09:35 AM
That's slightly? That just about takes out any aspect of trade this game had. It kinda looks more like an offline game with four player support thrown in.

Oh, heh. I meant from previous reports (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2065398&postcount=204). This article just got more specific on what could and could not be exchanged with others in multi-mode.

Delete
Jun 30, 2008, 09:42 AM
darn, i need a psp too =( lucky me i can afford one now but im still saving for a car. Hope it doesnt come out to soon.

Chibi_psu
Jun 30, 2008, 10:10 AM
midi sound.... wtf is sega thinking?And only 20 minutes of cinematics.. i hope they will fill the umd with content ......

Arika
Jun 30, 2008, 10:16 AM

Well, actually. this game is really an offline game with multi-players mode. it is not online since started :lol:

btw, I think 20 min is quite long already, it is like a near-full episode of OVA.
consider this is game disc, not Anime disc. (in JP, they like to sell 1 OVA of 25 min episode per 1 DVD lol)

furrypaws
Jun 30, 2008, 10:19 AM
Oh, heh. I meant from previous reports (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2065398&postcount=204). This article just got more specific on what could and could not be exchanged with others in multi-mode.

Oh...my mistake. >_>

I'm not really good at picking up things like that. Sorry.

Well, actually. this game is really an offline game with multi-players mode. it is not online since started :lol:

btw, I think 20 min is quite long already, it is like a near-full episode of OVA.
consider this is game disc, not Anime disc. (in JP, they like to sell 1 OVA of 25 min episode per 1 DVD lol)

I know it's not online, but I personally think not being able to trade items with friends is kinda ridiculous. I'm not even sure what it's trying to prevent.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 30, 2008, 11:31 AM
I know it's not online, but I personally think not being able to trade items with friends is kinda ridiculous. I'm not even sure what it's trying to prevent.

I assume they're trying to make sure no one can dupe again.

I can see how the No Auto-Save thing could be the problem. Maybe you'd trade a friend for a rare item, your friend saves after, but you forget. After trading, since you didn't save, you'd lose it, but he couldn't trade you back because he saved after.

Additionaly, you'd end up with a dupe of the item you traded your friend, while your friend already has the old one.

THOTH
Jun 30, 2008, 11:56 AM
Some items can be obtained only from clearing the game, but you end up losing them any way when you restart? Maybe you can dump all the items you obtain into the multi character...or maybe the whole "lose all item" thing was a misunderstanding.

EspioKaos
Jun 30, 2008, 12:14 PM
Some items can be obtained only from clearing the game, but you end up losing them any way when you restart? Maybe you can dump all the items you obtain into the multi character...or maybe the whole "lose all item" thing was a misunderstanding.
It's probably more along the lines of certain items become available (in stores or as drops in certain missions) in your second and third play through instead of them just being given to you. Possibly. I'm still trying to find out exactly how the story mode inventory dump will affect your multi-mode character since they're supposed to be the same. It's frustrating when multiple official sources report contradicting details on the same thing. >_<

blyr
Jun 30, 2008, 12:33 PM
SUPER HYPED AGAIN.

I think what it means by the items that are only available after you complete the story is like, in AotI offline, you had to complete all these specific story missions to unlock S-Ranks, clothes, parts, EX Traps, etc. for your freeplay/extra mode type thing..

Or, atleast I hope it's like that, or REALLY hope that your story character keeps their items in the 2nd play..

Either way, this new info is exactly what I wanted to hear~

panzer_unit
Jun 30, 2008, 12:50 PM
Hey, there's PSP accessories coming out, PSU themed! Thread at official forum with link to store (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=82157).

Do want ^^

I don't see where it includes the Texter. We need that.

pikachief
Jun 30, 2008, 12:57 PM
Clothes and parts dropping in missions!? YAY!

I've always wanted rare clothes and parts, not from trading rare items for or limited time clothes and parts, but clothes and parts that drop from missions rare!

yay!

SabZero
Jun 30, 2008, 01:48 PM

Do want ^^

I don't see where it includes the Texter. We need that.

Hm, really? This has a protective case, ear phones and a storage thing for the games. I preordered mine form yesasia.com - more expensive, but no shipping.

I'll have to look into this texter business when actually getting a PSP :P

panzer_unit
Jun 30, 2008, 01:52 PM
Hm, really? This has a protective case, ear phones and a storage thing for the games. I preordered mine form yesasia.com - more expensive, but no shipping.

I'll have to look into this texter business when actually getting a PSP :P

... actually the texter thing was kind of a joke about stupid PSU accessories come and gone. It would be even worse on PSP than it already is:

1. doesn't have the required 2 thumbsticks
2. doesn't have a plug-in controller for the texter to hijack
3. doesn't have actual online play.

The best chat peripheral for PSP is probably your mouth. It should already be installed and in working order, if not consult your dentist or maxillofacial surgeon.

nonresponsive
Jul 1, 2008, 03:33 PM
so has it been confirmed at all that this is even coming to the states?

chaoskila
Jul 1, 2008, 03:49 PM
its out in japan
but what dosnt japan have >.>
if it dosnt ummm
geting a game on the psp is pretty easy if you follow my drift

ashley50
Jul 1, 2008, 03:56 PM
its out in japan
but what dosnt japan have >.>
if it dosnt ummm
geting a game on the psp is pretty easy if you follow my drift

Uhm, Its not out yet...

its not even July 31st Yet

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9f-77-t-49-en-15-phantasy+star+universe-70-2q0j.html

SabZero
Jul 2, 2008, 08:16 AM
... actually the texter thing was kind of a joke about stupid PSU accessories come and gone. It would be even worse on PSP than it already is:

1. doesn't have the required 2 thumbsticks
2. doesn't have a plug-in controller for the texter to hijack
3. doesn't have actual online play.

The best chat peripheral for PSP is probably your mouth. It should already be installed and in working order, if not consult your dentist or maxillofacial surgeon.

LOL! Ok then ;)

blyr
Jul 2, 2008, 10:54 AM
http://tinyurl.com/5a8ynj

On July 31, gamers based in Japan will be getting Phantasy Star Portable for Sony's PSP. Now any fan of the game knows that waiting for approximately one month can be hell. Thankfully, gamers in the aforementioned region won't have to wait that long.

Apparently, Sega has announced plans of releasing a demo for the game on July 14. According to the reports, the demo will probably be available via the Japan PSP Browser page and will allow players to try out both Story (single player)and Multi Mode (co-op with up to four players).

Just incase no one knew yet. ;)

EspioKaos
Jul 2, 2008, 11:33 AM
Cool! Thanks, blyr!

Now to see if I can get one of my PSP-owning friends to download the demo when it comes out... <_<

deso123
Jul 2, 2008, 12:56 PM
NINTENDO DS CAN NOT HANDLE THE GAME GRAPHICALLY. Doesn't even look that great on PSP. What makes you think they could go even lower?

I got a question. I'm a PSO fan. I didn't like the PSU demo for the 360 when it first came out. I played it for a few days but i thought the levels involved too much walking and not enough monsters for the most part. I also didn't like the fact that the environments werent nearly as colorful as the episode 1&2 levels on PSO. I also missed the MAGs and didnt like the idea of an AI controlled replacement character. I also didn't like how the character creation was so limiting. And I actually don't like the ability to buy outfits. I also don't like the fact that there is no pvp. I don't like a lot of things but seeing how I don't play pso anymore because i got all the rares in it and played it long enough I thought Id move on to something different. The selection for MMORPGs is actually pretty slim. I was a big fan of Earth & Beyond because its similar to PSO but since that got shut down this is the best option I think especially since it's on a portable. I actually discovered this game because I was searching for an excuse to buy a psp. I was actually looking to see if anyone hacked it to play PSO and discovered this game. Anyways, I think it sucks that it offers no online matching system or lobby to play people online but the 3rd party support seems to be reliable enough.

So basically after all this rambling my question is did the expansion and changes make PSU any more fun and worth getting than the shitty PSU demo?

chaoskila
Jul 2, 2008, 12:58 PM
NINTENDO DS CAN NOT HANDLE THE GAME GRAPHICALLY. Doesn't even look that great on PSP. What makes you think they could go even lower?

I got a question. I'm a PSO fan. I didn't like the PSU demo for the 360 when it first came out. I played it for a few days but i thought the levels involved too much walking and not enough monsters for the most part. I also didn't like the fact that the environments werent nearly as colorful as the episode 1&2 levels on PSO. I also missed the MAGs and didnt like the idea of an AI controlled replacement character. I also didn't like how the character creation was so limiting. And I actually don't like the ability to buy outfits. I also don't like the fact that there is no pvp. I don't like a lot of things but seeing how I don't play pso anymore because i got all the rares in it and played it long enough I thought Id move on to something different. The selection for MMORPGs is actually pretty slim. I was a big fan of Earth & Beyond because its similar to PSO but since that got shut down this is the best option I think especially since it's on a portable. I actually discovered this game because I was searching for an excuse to buy a psp. I was actually looking to see if anyone hacked it to play PSO and discovered this game. Anyways, I think it sucks that it offers no online matching system or lobby to play people online but the 3rd party support seems to be reliable enough.

So basically after all this rambling my question is did the expansion and changes make PSU any more fun and worth getting than the shitty PSU demo?

you get shadoogs and madoogs that look like mags. maddooogs cast spells like a left handed wand and shadoogs just shoot. umm the casino is pretty fun. you see places from pso in AOi

ashley50
Jul 2, 2008, 01:00 PM
As i've heard or read from the responses of 360 PSU users, The Demo and the actual game are COMPLETELY different

DarK-SuN
Jul 2, 2008, 07:14 PM
Wow, a PSP demo?
Awesome news, I'll be all over it!

I know of several friends of mine I'll be using this demo to convince them over to the Phantasy Star side...

Edit: Notice the install option in the menu screen: http://www.gpara.com/article/pop_show.php?c_id=8368&c_num=0&c_num2=0
Install progress bar: http://www.gpara.com/article/pop_show.php?c_id=8368&c_num=1&c_num2=1
Apparently PSP has the possibility of being partially installed to the PSP's memory stick to speed up loading times, much like Monster Hunter 2nd G for the PSP allows as well.