PDA

View Full Version : GC need some ideas for a starter ranger

bradc88
Jun 13, 2008, 12:16 AM
which type of ranger should i be and what weapons should i give him he is a starter and i do not know what weapons would be sufficient for a good starting ranger i think i have a (something) lockgun +1 on 1 of my rangers hes level and ccan hit 50's but i do not know if that is the best choice for a starting weapon

burning_card
Jun 13, 2008, 12:19 AM
in my opinion if it's not yellow with loads of hit and a great special for the normal types, and if it's not rare, you can get something better very quickly. Any weapon is good, but shot types and mech guns may bea good choice.

Use a RAcast or a RAmarl, both awesome choices. The RAcaseal is good, and if you don't like the RAcast, use a RAmar, he's just as good, just doesn't get traps (Traps are great0 plus he gets the panzer faust. PURPLENUM all the way!

bradc88
Jun 13, 2008, 12:21 AM
hey can u tell me what all the section id's do again only ones i know are pinkal for rares oran for teks and i think whitill for weapons???

bradc88
Jun 13, 2008, 12:22 AM
and i cannot find any rare guns until i unlock hard mode which i havent done yet x.x

AlexCraig
Jun 13, 2008, 12:32 AM
Viridia is pretty much THE Ranger ID. Shots and Partisans.

bradc88
Jun 13, 2008, 12:34 AM
so make him/her a viridia?

burning_card
Jun 13, 2008, 12:34 AM
Just look up on the side bar of PSO world on ep1,2 and 4. Look under drop charts and you can seewhat items drop for what id's. Pinkal gets some of the worst rares IMO. The best ids overall are Skyly, Yellowboze, Redria, and Purplenum IMO. All of them get different weapons and armors, and techs will drop equal for all id's from what i've seen. Purplenum is a good id for forcesand rangers, mainly drops mechguns. Skyly is a great hunter ID, yellowboze is a great force Id and drops ALL of the enemy parts.

Just check the Id's out and seewhich ones drop the rares you like.

Longinous
Jun 13, 2008, 02:07 AM
I would say for weapons mechs for single targets (or anything you want to kill quick) and shots which will be your bread and butter generally.

I have heard that Racast is great and the traps are pretty helpful for ranger, or if you like to be able to heal and buff yourself Ramarl is a great choice with her level 20 Shifta Deband and Ralen Jellen which are a big help in making her eat hits and dish them out.

I would suggest picking up weapons that drain hp/tp aswell as a weapon that freezes your enemies, and while it is hard try to get weapons with decent hit (really important for mech guns).

for symbol try to go viridian or purpelium

burning_card
Jun 13, 2008, 04:41 AM
Racast is great for his huge HP count andhis traps. The damage potential on fire traps is awesome, but i think the traps are useful as hell with the RAcast and RAcaseal since they can set them and blow em up with a shot while it's over a group and still smash the group at the same time. He's my preferred ranger, but the RAmarl is the other ranger i have on my team.

She's probably the better choice for a new player and ends up being an asset on a team as well as solo, one of the best characters in the game IMO. Her magic and ATA mixed with her decent ATP and her top of the line EVP makes her perfect to play with in any situation. Other classes out match her in certain areas but she's great to play with...and her foie makes the sil dragon a breeze in ults, stand by his side and cast the crap out of him...he sort of just walk around you lol.