PDA

View Full Version : PSO Petition

Frozensword
Jun 13, 2008, 08:52 AM
I never played PSO, but I do play PSU and i love it. Everyone talks like PSO was a lot funner though. I watched a lot of PSO videos on youtube and it does look a lot funner. I was wondering if I could some way get a petition to get SEGA to get it downloadable on the Xbox 360, but just not story mode but make new servers of it. If anyone knows how to get one tell me because I would like to be able to play PSO.

TsukasaDCX
Jun 13, 2008, 09:26 AM
Never works
Just download BB its free

Mark87
Jun 13, 2008, 09:58 AM
BB is free??? do you have to have one of those hunter license thingys??

Jaspaller
Jun 13, 2008, 10:28 AM
The official ones required a Hunter's License to play online. Private servers follow their own rules... as such, you can play on most for free.

Also, don't bother with petitions. You wouldn't want to anger the sleeping giant that hangs out on the PSU boards :roll:

AlexCraig
Jun 13, 2008, 12:36 PM
A petition?
OP, read my sticky. It will not work. :disapprove:

4.) No, the official servers for Gamecube, Dreamcast, Xbox, and US/EU Blue Burst have been shut down. The JP Blue Burst servers are the only official servers still alive. And no, Sega will NOT be bringing back the official PSOGC servers. They took elements from PSO and put them into AOI, but they will not be reviving the servers. They were losing money on them and they became a hassle for them to handle. So if you want to play online, you would have to play on the JP Blue Burst servers or find other means (ie. private servers). And since Sonic Team is not interested in the PSO servers anymore, there is no real point in making a petition to revive the servers. Many people have tried, and all of them have failed. Furthermore, it is rather redundant to make a poll or a petition here, when it would be much better suited in a place ST is more likely to look at. Threads like those are usually poorly thought out and only lead to arguements and flames. And to conclude, no, PSO is not making some "grand return" on a new gen system. Sonic Team has attempted to bring elements back from PSO in AOI, but they are not rereleasing PSO on the Wii, PS3, or Xbox 360. Nor is it coming back for the DS or PSP. It is a sad fact you will just have to come to grips with.

TsukasaDCX
Jun 13, 2008, 01:25 PM
Lol alex
always referencing your sticky

AlexCraig
Jun 13, 2008, 01:26 PM
Well, yeah. I put a lot in there that people would know if they read it. ^^;

Iduno
Jun 13, 2008, 01:51 PM
personaly I think it wouldn't take much to put it up like the singleplayer game and let people match up by games lists accessed either through the menu or counter using XBL so sega dont have to keep servers up and we get to play online

Basicly just port it over treat the character storage and multiplayer like arcadien warriors (all characters/items stored on hardrive since people couldn't hack the 360 (yet anyway) and use a game list system over XBL) to eliminate the need for servers and cash in off their old game without any chance of losing money on servers

AlexCraig
Jun 13, 2008, 01:54 PM
But the thing is that ST is focused on PSU, not PSO. They are going for the new, not the old.

Iduno
Jun 13, 2008, 01:57 PM
Im sure they could get someone else to port it for them (like Digital Eclipse ported phantasy star collection)

AlexCraig
Jun 13, 2008, 02:03 PM
I suppose they could have, but we all know they won't. They have a single focus now, and don't seem to care about the past. In the future, who knows? But as for the present, no action taken by a rag-tag group of upset PSO players is going to sway their minds.

Besides, why would we want ST to give us back the original servers, when the illegal ones seem to be doing far better?

Zantra
Jun 13, 2008, 04:07 PM
To the OP: "Funner" is not a word... I think you mean "more fun than"

Iduno
Jun 13, 2008, 05:47 PM
To the OP: "Funner" is not a word... I think you mean "more fun than"

and that contributed to the thread how? (come on if your gonna be a grammer nazi at least post something slightly relevant to the topic as well)

VioletSkye
Jun 13, 2008, 05:59 PM
Heh, it's spelled grammAr. Sorry, had to do that lol :p. Anyway, these threads about a petition come and go about once a week and although PSO is definitely a classic (one of the few games that kept me hooked for years, not just weeks or months) no amount of petitions (or breath holding) is going to make a difference. As Alex mentioned, the private servers are popular and do pretty well and if you'd like to try that out, google is your friend. Other than that, it's pretty much GAME OVER for PSO as far as SEGA is concerned.

Iduno
Jun 13, 2008, 06:10 PM
I think well probably see it again some day though since the origional series is being ported for the wii virtual console and has came to the GBA a while a go.(also stuff like eccho the dolphin and the megadrive sonic games have made it)

We may have to wait a few years but I would never rule out a port of PSO completely

SStrikerR
Jun 13, 2008, 06:13 PM
^ ^ ^ hello hypocrit!

And to the one who made this thread: I could swear like a sailor and give you a 100 reasons or more why this won't work, but Alex's info is a nice summary of it, so I feel no real need to do number 1 or 2, however much I would like to. This has been tried before, and it's like arguing with the ref in basketball, YOU CAN'T WIN, IT WON'T HAPPEN.

People have tried and it always fails. But if you really want to make a petition, don't just come to us with an idea. Get organized and find 10,000+ people that specifically state they would pay for it and play it, and...just kidding, it still wouldn't work.

Any company that doesn't move on to the new gen consoles and makes games with either great graphics games such as games on the ps3 and 360, or gimmicky games like on the wii. Plus, pso was made for consoles MUCH different than the 360, and it just wouldn't turn out well, and people wouldn't bother with it besides some fanboys. Plus, you yourself haven't even played it yet, and you could end up hating it. And don't give me crap like, "I saw youtube vids and I heard fanboys saying it was better, my mind's made up," or, "I've played MAG in psu!!!" No, PSO is NOTHING like MAG, besides the clothes. The levels only resembled pso's level slightly, and the enemies (boomas) may have looked a bit like the ones in pso, they attack much differently in the two games.

And as Alex has already stated, the illegal servers (which are free) are providing better service for us than Sonic Team ever did. If Sega did the never-going-to-happen-thing of bringing back the servers, we'd have to pay for servers that have more problems that Sonic team never even WANTED to fix, such as fsods and corruptions. Some people even offered a patch to fix those problems, and they REFUSED. Now that little fix has stopped all player-caused fsod's, and just about all the different ways to corrupt. Why, pray tell, would people pay for terrible servers with terrible service when there are free servers with better service?

That's right they wouldn't.

:ak: Petitions to bring pso back, especially ones made by morons who have no idea what they are talking about and are selfish.

/thread

edit: oops, I did the second one that I said I wouldn't.

I think well probably see it again some day though since the origional series is being ported for the wii virtual console and has came to the GBA a while a go.(also stuff like eccho the dolphin and the megadrive sonic games have made it)

We may have to wait a few years but I would never rule out a port of PSO completely

I would. There was talk from SEGA about a PSO port a few years ago, but they dropped the idea, and I don't think they're going to pick it back up again.

edit: praise be to the mods for getting rid of my double post

Nitro Vordex
Jun 13, 2008, 06:55 PM
I never played PSO

o_O;

And you want to make a petition for it?

Go buy the game, THEN come back to us.

Amazon/Ebay/used game stores are your friends.

SStrikerR
Jun 13, 2008, 07:13 PM
^ I know right?

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 13, 2008, 07:55 PM
You could also make your own(Currently limited to 2D...). =^.^=

AlexCraig
Jun 13, 2008, 08:18 PM
Like the game I might just make? XD

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 13, 2008, 08:21 PM
Or mine. =~.^=