PDA

View Full Version : DBZ Burst Limit

Dek
Jun 13, 2008, 01:37 PM
My god, this game is awesome.

Looks very beautiful as well. Heck, it makes old jokes look beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvVRshIZ4ew

ThaiSoup
Jun 13, 2008, 01:52 PM
I dunno, it might look nice. But its nothing we haven't seen already. And I'm sure there is only minor changes in the combat system compaired to their older DBZ games. Its just like Dynasty Warriors and their Extreme Legends series. "Heres the same game, some new characters and might look a little better. So buy it...please?"

Nitro Vordex
Jun 13, 2008, 02:28 PM
This game is completley different. There is somewhat of a learning curve, but the game is more focused on the martial arts and the speed that DBZ is supposed to be.

I'd write more, but I'm too lazy right now. :P

Zekester
Jun 13, 2008, 02:51 PM
*Obligatory over 9000 joke*

PhotonDrop
Jun 13, 2008, 03:05 PM
I like it. The drama scenes, or whatever they're called, take some getting used to but they are pretty awesome. Right now, the only thing keeping me from buying this, is the possibility of Burst Limit 3 being released by this time next year. :F

Also, normally I'm not the type that talks about video game music but the intro is pretty nice. One of the better DBZ game intros since Budokai 3.

Zantra
Jun 13, 2008, 04:14 PM
I just wish that we could finally have our own "create a Z fighter" mode.

And, yes... I do know about DBO.

Eihwaz
Jun 13, 2008, 04:17 PM
I WILL NEVER...FORGIVE YOU! HAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Massive :wacko: at the voice acting.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 13, 2008, 04:18 PM
I just wish that we could finally have our own "create a Z fighter" mode.

And, yes... I do know about DBO.

Why, so everyone would have the same Goku body with "SSJ6"? >:|

Zantra
Jun 13, 2008, 05:19 PM
Why, so everyone would have the same Goku body with "SSJ6"? >:|

No... because making your own characters is fun.

PSO and PSU are good examples of this. (also Soul Calibur 3's "Create a Soul" mode)

ThaiSoup
Jun 13, 2008, 05:36 PM
Er...SC3 had terrible character customization and the weapons to choose from were pretty lame in comparison to regular characters. Cause you would get some real ugly people fighting, its more for laughs then anything. The only fun I had from that, is random creation battles. For the whole like, month I played SC3, and went back to 2. Didn't care for the changes they did in three :/

McLaughlin
Jun 13, 2008, 06:04 PM
I really like the game, though online seems to be largely populated by the Saiyans.

Dek
Jun 13, 2008, 10:08 PM
I WILL NEVER...FORGIVE YOU! HAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Massive :wacko: at the voice acting.

Understandable, but just remember when in the series it was...

Yamcha, Tien, Chaotzu, and Piccolo were dead by the time he got there.

I really like the game, though online seems to be largely populated by the Saiyans.
I can has transformations?

Nitro Vordex
Jun 13, 2008, 10:36 PM
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/300W/fs5.deviantart.com/i/2005/126/6/a/Naruto__I_m_more_special_by_Risachantag.jpg

It seemed relevant.

Zekester
Jun 14, 2008, 08:49 PM
This game is perfect for anyone whose watched, well basically the entire series.
I'll actually consider looking into, though I think I'll rent it first. It seems more of a buy it, play it, beat it, won't touch until next DBZ urge. :/

ThaiSoup
Jun 15, 2008, 01:19 AM
I just downloaded the demo. It is a bit different from the others. Looks a bit more accurate then the other ones. And the little fight cut scenes are entertaining. I'd agree with Zekester lol, Rent and see where it goes from there. Theres little replay factor in the DBZ games for me, I'd rather play Tekken or Soul Cal when I want to play a fighter.

SubstanceD
Jun 16, 2008, 02:30 PM
Man that scene brought back memories ( yes I am shameless DBZ fan ). Theyv'e captured the look and feel of the anime very well.

To be honest with you, before I saw that clip, I really couldn't give a damn about DBZ Burst limit. I had owned DBZ Budokai on the PS2 and while I enjoyed it immensely at first I quickly lost interest in it. I am intrigued by Burst Limits gameplay, it would be nice to have more emphasis on martial arts and skill as opposed to spaming the same atacks over and over again.