PDA

View Full Version : GC made my first ranger today

bradc88
Jun 14, 2008, 12:17 AM
hmm i made my first rnager and shes a Racaseal (viridia) only level 6 at the moment but i might go do a caves run in a sec cuz im bored but i have a level 43 ashvinau mag with an ice shot +8 and a seize lockgun +6 the only problem is i never hit with my ice shot +8's special but i always hit with my lockgun special what am i doing wrong i need help

burning_card
Jun 14, 2008, 02:04 AM
Ice is a shit special, even withthe android boost for freeze type specials. It'shardto hit with even if you have loads of hit on the weapon...plus lvl 6 is low in ATA unless she's beefed up with a lvl 200 mag and loads of units. Sooner or later at higher difficulties you'll find yourself some nice weapons with blizzard specials, that's when the freeze types get useful...also you get freeze traps.

Good luck with the RAcaseal. I use the RAcast but my wife uses the RAcaseal. She's a great character with good ATA and loads of Defense and HP!

Splash
Jun 14, 2008, 02:15 AM
RAcaseal is an excellent choice as that is the most uncommon Ranger there is out of all of them.

Seize special is the 3rd "upgrade" special for paralysis effect. That is why you get it to work more than the Ice special since Ice is just the 1st level special for freezing. But it honestly doesn't matter if you want Blizzard special (the best "upgrade" for freezing special) or not, because if your ID can obtain it, a rare weapon called a Frozen Shooter will cause automatic freezing 99% of the time. Truly a weapon which should be used by any Ranger. But it doesn't come easy first.

When you start leveling up more, you'll get a better sense of her powers, including the ability to use traps and the bonuses for being an android. You'll definitely enjoy using her no doubt about it if you get to her strength in battle.

bradc88
Jun 14, 2008, 02:21 AM
my ranger sucks i think her max hit is only like 38 with seize lockgun i have a bunch of grinders should i use it on my lockgun or my ice shot? or save them up for better weps later on shes level 8 now lol i went through cave 1 haha i just was going throught cave 2 killed a grass assasain dropped red box i was like SWEET ASSASAIN ARMS go over.... -.-" photon drop then i kept gonig found a nar lily owned it 3 hit ko dropped a general/mind -.-"

burning_card
Jun 14, 2008, 03:50 AM
Save the grinders for a better weapon. You'll easily find a batter weapon pretty quickly. RAcaseals seem weak at first but pay off big time. Splash is right about the freeze specials. Theywork well for characters like hunters and forces, but the rangers get that frozen shooter, which
ALWAYS freezes and hits just as accurate as a normal heavy shot. It's a great weapon. I would say save the grinders for a Varista. It's a low level rare that can grind VERY high, but it's power is awesome and it should work out well for you, at least for early levels. Just get to hard if you aren't in it yet.

Varidia will find a weapon called the Crush Bullet as well. It's a great shot type for androids and pays off well for low levels, and even up untill early ults, until you get a spread needle. (Two weapons you NEED for a RAcaseal, Frozen shooter and Spread Needle, your id has good drops on both i believe)

The crush bullet will connect often and replenish your HP with each enemy the bullets hit, good weapon IMO.

bradc88
Jun 14, 2008, 05:58 PM
what difficulty will frozen shooter drop and what monster drop it

Jaspaller
Jun 14, 2008, 06:02 PM
Frozen Shooter drops in ultimate. List of drops here
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=421

bradc88
Jun 14, 2008, 06:34 PM
holy crap ultimate x.x i havent even made it to hard yet but i will probably get hard by end of this week

bradc88
Jun 14, 2008, 06:46 PM
i just looks at drop charts i dont think viridia drops frozen shooter or spread needle but purplenum drops spread needle but i didnt see frozen shooter but viridia looks like on hard hildebears drop crush bullets 1/44 so thats not bad varistas are hard to drop tho so should i change my section id or stay with viridia

Jaspaller
Jun 14, 2008, 07:47 PM
Well you can always create new characters later. If you really want those items you can switch to a different ID now rather than later.

burning_card
Jun 15, 2008, 12:04 AM
Purplenum drops both the frozen shooter and the spread needle. It also drops the bad ass yasminkov 9000...mech guns with rifle range...i like the purplenum.

Taleck
Jun 15, 2008, 03:09 AM
Yeah, purplenum rules for a RA. Also Whitill, but for a new RA i'd go with Purplenum. I have one myself that I never play. I got to lvl 27 and thought hunting on SKYLY is way more important. Not really. Get to 80 ASAP!

burning_card
Jun 15, 2008, 03:30 AM
Hey Taleck, i have the same section Id's on my characters (except for Oran...iUSED to have it but i made a Redria and gave the Oran to my wife...both en up being the same in usefulness. Good choices)

Above Post^^

That pretty much explains my situation too. I've got a RAcast purplenum in VH at lvl 51, but it's really hard to get the RAcast and RAcaseal past their bump in theroad of the 50's-80's. For some reason they come to a hault in power once you hit ults so getting to lvl 80 is important. Purplenum is an awesome ID that can pay off big time...plus it gets god abilities, items that are needed for maxing almost all of the characters.

Skyly is a MUST HAVE id. It's one of the most imprtant ID's in the game IMO. It drops awesome weapons and units that are high priority for getting through the game easier.

blake228
Jun 15, 2008, 03:52 AM
Brads RAcaseal is a Viridia and i am a FOnewearl Yellowboze

burning_card
Jun 15, 2008, 03:56 AM
Good ID's. Viridia is nice, purplenum find better stuff for my play style but Viridia gets some unique stuff as well. Yellowboze is my wifes favorite ID (which i'm happy about, didn't make one but i needed one...nug bazooka and all the enemy parts is a very nice thing to have)

I would say make a skyly and a whitill for your other Ids. Redria and Purplenum are good ids to have too.

blake228
Jun 15, 2008, 04:01 AM
Brads a Virdia so he can find Crush Bullets and he made me a Yellowboze so that i can find all the animal parts, Spread Needle, and Varista.

burning_card
Jun 15, 2008, 05:07 AM
Good stuff on them. It's going to take a LONG time to get that spread needle, but it will play off for the RAcaseal. Your FOney may need to look into the yellowboze for the elemental wands before anything else. Try to get a redria so you can get an easy drop on the magic rock moola to make a summit moon...it's a needed piece of equipment for the foney (and all forces) It boosts the damage of zonde, barta, foie wich are the techs she gets a natual damage boost it. The simple techs will get a boost out the ass from it. The elemental wands give a boost in all techs, but only of the element of the wand.

bradc88
Jun 15, 2008, 04:24 PM
where can we find elemental staffs for like fire and lightning

burning_card
Jun 16, 2008, 12:50 AM
Yellowboze gets them.

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=103&sortby=name --lighting

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=106&sortby=name --ice

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=39&sortby=name --fire

Jaspaller
Jun 16, 2008, 09:16 AM
Wow, I never realized they dropped so much on Pinkal before haha.

HeartBreak301
Jun 16, 2008, 01:02 PM
I dont think that the 9000M has rifle range, I'm pretty sure it's standard. The reason why I say this is because I have it, or my friend has it actually, but we checked that in the ruins . We stood beside eachotehr and both aimed at a demenian but we both locked it at the same time, he was using the 9000M and i was just using some junk mechgun. So I think they're the same unless his is defective or something.

Jaspaller
Jun 16, 2008, 01:08 PM
If it's not rifle range then I'm almost certain that it's got a better range than regular mechs (even handguns). I've seen people peg off enemies in the towers from the same distance I used my Frozen Shooter.

Magus_84
Jun 16, 2008, 05:59 PM
I dont think that the 9000M has rifle range, I'm pretty sure it's standard. The reason why I say this is because I have it, or my friend has it actually, but we checked that in the ruins . We stood beside eachotehr and both aimed at a demenian but we both locked it at the same time, he was using the 9000M and i was just using some junk mechgun. So I think they're the same unless his is defective or something.

It does have rifle range, distance-wise. It has mechgun targetting radius.

If you were comparing distance, your friend wouldn't be able to target the same thing you were, if you were at your maximum range and he was using non-Yas mechs.

Splash
Jun 16, 2008, 07:45 PM
Yask900M is just too typical on a Ranger, and it is even more typical on a Purplenum Ranger, the only ID which can obtain it. For other IDs then, the alternative would be some other pair of mechguns.

burning_card
Jun 16, 2008, 11:15 PM
It does have rifle range, distance-wise. It has mechgun targetting radius.

If you were comparing distance, your friend wouldn't be able to target the same thing you were, if you were at your maximum range and he was using non-Yas mechs.

Yeah it does have a longer range than normal mechs. Maybe not rifle range but at least more than a handgun or equal to it.