PDA

View Full Version : Leveling up tips please

Hunter4life
Jan 25, 2003, 10:35 AM
OK, im a lvl 75 HuMar looking for some good places to level up offline. Can you guys/girls give me some advice? Thanks

Ghaleon
Jan 25, 2003, 10:37 AM
go to ultimate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hunter4life
Jan 25, 2003, 10:40 AM
oh by the way im on VHard Mines

rena-ko
Jan 25, 2003, 10:45 AM
then do the cake-quest over and over - its around 100.000 exp per complete run on ultimate.... and its in the caves... so if you dont mind having to cope with megid spitting lillies then thats the way ^_^ - go for it, yay!

edit: tihihihi ^-^; - dont know how much exp for vhard but its definitely more than any standard run through the caves. since this quest is packed with enemies and you dont have to babysit some npc its a nice break...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-01-25 07:47 ]</font>

Hunter4life
Jan 25, 2003, 10:57 AM
thanks rena-ko, i'll try that

rena-ko
Jan 25, 2003, 11:20 AM
good luck
and...
when leveling up avoid the area where you can barely survive.
level there where you can kill easily/without much trouble but get enough exp per enemy. ^_^

Elixer
Jan 25, 2003, 03:51 PM
at that lvl ult forest runs are good or soul of blacksmith quests runs

LollipopLolita
Jan 25, 2003, 04:28 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=590

Tigereye
Jan 25, 2003, 06:16 PM
This is the technique that I use for Hard mode and above. The exp totals listed below are for Ultimate Difficulty.

Prerequisites: Ultimate Mode Open, "Soul of Blacksmith" quest open (but NOT completed), the ability to kill any single monster in a 3-hit combo (mech guns are great), the ability to kill packs of 5 monsters in two 3-hit combos (or less), God/Battle (not sure if God/Battle is required, but I have a hard time imagining doing this without it).

Note: NEVER stop for anything. Not items, not meseta, nothing. Unless you see a red item box NEVER stop relentlessly moving towards the next goal. NEVER. Speed is the key. You are trying to finish this quest in 12 minutes or less.

1. Load up "Soul of Blacksmith"

2. Have two weapons in inventory. A one-on-one killer (mech guns seem best) and a group-killer (I use Final Impact, HU's would probably use a Sword or Partisan, FO's techs).

3. Enter the first room. Kill the two Gulgues. Then kill the pack of Bartles/Barbles.

4. Enter the next room. Kill the two roaming Barbles, then the two spawns of two Barbles/Bartles each. DO NOT enter the north room. Exit immediately into the West room.

5. Kill the rappy. Kill the gulgues. Kill the 3 gulgus. Exit into next room.

6. Kill the two Barbles. Kill the Bartle. Kill the Rappy. Kill the Gulgus and Gulgus gue. Kill the two barbles. Exit.

7. Run through next room to final room with warp to F2.

8. In Forest 2, rush to the Dragon as fast as possible by only killing the enemies that are required to open doors. In the room which contains 2 groups of Gulguses, 2 Bartles, 2 Barbles and Mothverts/Mothvist, target the 2 groups of 2 Gulguses so that you can kill off the Bartles and Barbles as the Mothvist descends from the sky.

In rooms with doors that open when the last monsters is dead and gone, you should be AT the door before it even goes from Red to Green. Don't waste time on Resta, Deband, Anti (if you ever even need it) or anything else that requires time, if you're not a FO that is. Keep mates/fluids on you in good amounts. Mates to heal. The only tech RA/HU should cast is Shifta (and Zalure at the dragon), and even then, time it so you are casting as spawns are coming into play but are otherwise, momentarily, untouchable. THAT is the time to cast Shifta, or Resta if you have to.

You should be able to kill the dragon before he ever tunnels underground. As soon as the battle starts and he is targeted, cast Zalure. If you stand to his side you can get a shot-weapon to hit his head and four body parts simultaneously. If you are doing enough damage (you are under Shifta, he is under Zalure) he will never leave the ground. If he does, bring him down with Rafoie.

If you can accomplish all of this in under 10 minutes, earning about 43,000 EXP per run, doing this 6 times in a hour, for a total of 264,000 EXP/hour.

Sedyne
Jan 26, 2003, 09:06 AM
You stole that right from the GameFAQ's board ;P

but anyway, yes it is possible to obtain 200,000+Exp in an hour if you follow that method and rush through everything not gathering items and can kill groups of stuff in three hit combos. My FO takes about 4 casts of GI techs to kill anything or 3 for one on one simple techs. It's a bore of hell doing normal,hard,and very hard offline first though. But you should defniitly unlock Ultimate offline, i'd say do a few levels a day on each mode and after the 3rd day you'll have ultimate unlocked. Then the other pain is clearing the 4 required quests to obtain Soul of the Blacksmith..

Which are...Addicting Food, Lost Bride, Secret Delivery & Grave's Butler(THese all must be cleared before you can enter Soul of the Blacksmith). As wel the first set of quests given which take about 10 min each.

Hunter4life
Jan 26, 2003, 09:18 AM
thanks, now all i have to do is defeat VHard Dark Flaz *smacks head on desk*

KaevarkAran
Jan 26, 2003, 02:16 PM
On 2003-01-26 06:18, Hunter4life wrote:
thanks, now all i have to do is defeat VHard Dark Flaz *smacks head on desk*

HAHA! well it sucks to be you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

well atleast you got that far....