PDA

View Full Version : GC How do Spread Needle/Online S-Rank & Offline S-Rank Needle Compare?

Johno_UK
Jun 15, 2008, 03:26 PM
Which is the best one, and how would you rate them in order for a RAmar?
Btw, this is for Episode I & II on the Gamecube.

Jaspaller
Jun 15, 2008, 03:30 PM
There is no 'Offline' S-rank Needle. Just the Spread Needle and S-rank Needle. The S-rank needle is better since you can add your own special like Berserk/Spirit or Jellen/Zalure

Johno_UK
Jun 15, 2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks Jaspaller. Apart from the addition of a special, are the stats the same?
Cheers.

Jaspaller
Jun 15, 2008, 03:34 PM
The S-rank version is slightly weaker and doesn't reduce your EVP like the regular one.

The regular one is a hell of a lot easier to get compared to the S-rank on so unless you're willing to really put forth some time for Ep2, regular spread is better

Johno_UK
Jun 15, 2008, 03:38 PM
I see. Unfortunately my section ID (Viridia) doesn't allow me to get a Spread Needle as far as I know. Therefore I'll have to get online and get some runs on some other section ID's, it's quite annoying! >_<

Splash
Jun 15, 2008, 03:54 PM
Berserk/Zalure Needle > Spread Needle

And yes it does take time to get the S-Rank Needle. But the power output of the S-Rank Needle with either of those special is incredibly better than the Spread Needle.

DonRoyale
Jun 15, 2008, 03:59 PM
Honestly, the 20 (or was it 30?) ATP difference between them (fully ground, of course) is negligble, especially when you consider Zalure Needle.

The ATA is the only difference, and on a RAmar, ATA is the least of your worries. :wacko:

Really, go for S-rank needle. SN has a watered-down special in seize rather than arrest, and a hit one is nearly impossible to find. :\