PDA

View Full Version : 100% successful way to keep inventory during FSOD

SEspo
Jan 25, 2003, 12:02 PM
Obviously, this doesn't help again FSOD during the 2nd save.. (the one that corrupts data).. but during the regular FSOD, (the one that wipes out unquipped data), this method will let you keep the items that you might have lost. This method works 100% of the time if you do it right.

*THIS IS NOT A DUPE METHOD. IT'S MERELY A WAY TO STOP LOSING YOUR ITEMS DURING FSOD.*

First, when you get FSOD, restart the game and go right to multiplayer mode. Pick your character that supposably lost all his items, and then pick another random character. When you are in multiplayer, YOUR INVENTORY IS STILL THERE! K, the character that got FSOD, put ALL of your inventory into the bank, including your money. After that, save and quit.

Then, start up single player mode with your FSOD character. When you enter, just save and quit. When you enter single mode, THAT is when the game will erase your inventory, but guess what? It's not there, is it? heh..

So, when you quit single player mode, go back to multi-player mode, and you'll notice that on the bottom of your character, it does NOT say that your items will be lost. When you enter multi mode, get all your stuff from the bank, and there you go. You keep all your weapons/money/anything in your inventory. It's now safe to go to single player, and online mode with all your inventory still in tact.

Hope this helps.

dude3282
Jan 25, 2003, 12:04 PM
The only time I encountered FSOD, I just unplugged the cable (BBA) and went back online. Everything was fine.

SEspo
Jan 25, 2003, 12:05 PM
This is for the buzzing FSOD.

rena-ko
Jan 25, 2003, 12:25 PM
interesting. thank you very much ^_^

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 25, 2003, 12:31 PM
I hope this doesn't allow duping =-_-=

Bloodberry
Jan 25, 2003, 02:09 PM
Put it all in the character's bank or the random character's bank?

SEspo
Jan 25, 2003, 02:16 PM
Character's bank

DualHydra
Jan 25, 2003, 02:44 PM
This Does Sound Like A Dupe Method...Just Drop Your Items Online That Are UNequipped...Power Off...And Do That Multiplayer Trick YOu Said and there you go ur friend has ur items and u have ur items...simple...ima try it:)

Kujin
Jan 25, 2003, 03:14 PM
no, isn't a duping method. if you simply turn the power off it still shows that message in multiplayer mode. and if you press restart it saves your game automatically.

Guntz348
Jan 25, 2003, 04:48 PM
You don't lose your stuff with buzzing FSOD thats why you can put it in the bank and go get it. When you join a game and it FSOD's the items you have are in a file thats considered "open". Much like if you were typing something in MS word or what ever program you use and just shut the power off you'd lose all the info in the open file but not the stuff you saved earlier, i.e. your bank stuff. Normally with the buzzing FSOD you only lose you money anyway.

SEspo
Jan 26, 2003, 02:20 PM
bump..

*edit by Abdur*

Don't bump threads unless you have something useful to add.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-01-26 13:05 ]</font>

Webapprentice
Jan 26, 2003, 06:51 PM
I think the save file is composed of several sections.
One part regulates the bank item, another regulates your inventory, and another regulates character data.

I think only a few sections of the save file are saved at any time. For example, it only has to save the bank items when you go in and out of the bank. If it did that every time, it would be inefficient. I think that's how you can lose stuff in your inventory and not affect your bank.