PDA

View Full Version : Guntecher

unicorn
Jun 16, 2008, 07:20 AM
I was thinking on making a new Guntecher alt. I tried in the past, but I get bored with alts VERY quick. I'm at the point where I'm getting more serious with my selection though.

That being said.... Whats a good race for Guntecher? I had a female beast in the past, and I enjoyed it a lot. But now I think a Human/Newman would be better. CASTs used to pwn at GT pre-AOI, but ATA is near useless now (well a lot of people debate this...)

Sooooo what should I go for? I want a female, since they get some pretty cool weps (Magical Wand, Kohibumiteri, Madam Brella) and higher STA and TP than males.

Abashi76
Jun 17, 2008, 02:36 PM
I use a Newman F guntecher. I hear that newmans have both the highest tp and ata. The problem is, their attack power is weak, so its hard to get good damage done without a PM on your side.

Stryker Diaz
Jun 17, 2008, 05:04 PM
id say go human or Newman really it doesnt matter cause they both balance out when it comes to GT, Human has more ATP, Newman has more MST so depending on your preference just choose between those two, I have a Newman and had lots of fun with him as GT but really depended on SE and trust me soloing is not an option, Human was pretty good and more dependable than a newman when it came to soloing.

Kion
Jun 17, 2008, 07:46 PM
Human is a good balance. I tried GT on my newman female and the attack power left something to be desired. The tech damage was nice, but a Guntecher that relies 90% on techs is a Fortetecher or Acrotecher.

drizzle
Jun 18, 2008, 01:22 AM
Beast. You'll need all the ATP you can get.

lantis-zagato
Jun 20, 2008, 11:33 AM
ya i would go beast. i have a 130/20 male beast GT and my friend has a 130/15 male Cast GT and while i might miss a little bit more i easily do tons more damage. not to mention my spells have that little bit extra power to them mostly for resta.

R2D6battlebot
Jun 20, 2008, 12:09 PM
Newmans have the second highest ATA, and the highest TP/MST, maybe EVP too I can't remember. There's almost no point in going Beast, because frankly if you're trying to deal a lot of damage, Guntecher is not the class to play in the first place. Guntechers are meant to be support and SE spreader, so it's best to go Newman, if nothing else than for the Resta. Plus, more ATA = more SEs that get spread around. And if you do go GT, always remember that crossbows are your friend.

Abashi76
Jun 20, 2008, 10:33 PM
Newmans have the second highest ATA, and the highest TP/MST, maybe EVP too I can't remember. There's almost no point in going Beast, because frankly if you're trying to deal a lot of damage, Guntecher is not the class to play in the first place. Guntechers are meant to be support and SE spreader, so it's best to go Newman, if nothing else than for the Resta. Plus, more ATA = more SEs that get spread around. And if you do go GT, always remember that crossbows are your friend.

I agree with above. Beasts actually have the lowest ATA and 2nd lowest TP, so thats a bad choice for GT. CASTs have the highest ATA, but the lowest TP; they're just better of with nonteching classes.

Newmans have the highest 2nd highest ATA, and highest TP; which makes them a good choice IMO. They do have low ATP, which means doing low damage; if you use newman GT, you'll want to raise up a PM if your ever going to solo. Humans have lower ATA and TP, than do newmans; these being the major two stats for GTs.

Hrith
Jun 21, 2008, 02:13 PM
Human clearly make the best GTs. Guntecher is a class which needs a decent amount of all stats to perform well.

Avoid beast, Guntecher's ATA is not very high once you add PA modifiers, and the weapons GT favours have low ATA modifiers.

lantis-zagato
Jun 24, 2008, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D6battlebot

I agree with above. Beasts actually have the lowest ATA and 2nd lowest TP, so thats a bad choice for GT. CASTs have the highest ATA, but the lowest TP; they're just better of with nonteching classes.

Newmans have the highest 2nd highest ATA, and highest TP; which makes them a good choice IMO. They do have low ATP, which means doing low damage; if you use newman GT, you'll want to raise up a PM if your ever going to solo. Humans have lower ATA and TP, than do newmans; these being the major two stats for GTs.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hate to say this as I have not played any race but beast as a GT but accuracy matters nil at higher levels. Even with level thirty techs there are much better options if you want to shoot fireworks. Beast is one of the better options (I wont say best because everyone is entitled to their own opinion) and even though GT might not be a huge damage dealer compared to forte classes it really does help if you play GT. The tp difference is mainly for heals and whats it matter between 2500 a swipe of the wand and 2900 which is the difference you might see as a newman. Not to mention there are head units which are cheap that can raise your TP considerably. Newmans are probably the worst race for GT because you deal the lowest damage with your bullets..the most important part of being a GT. As I stated above the accuracy doesn't matter and as a beast you get the assets of much better HP and defense. Maybe things will change drastically with the level 30 techs. but, even as a beast I still do over 1100 damage with my level 19 diga which i rarely use. In summation, everything i just said is merely a personal opinion or preference of mine but I feel the benefits of being a beast GT far outweigh the negatives especially when compared to a newman.

Gen2000
Jun 24, 2008, 08:18 PM
Cast/Beast>Human>>>>>>>Newman

The_Brimada
Jun 27, 2008, 12:25 AM
In PSU Vanilla, cast. In AOI, human.

Sega011
Jun 27, 2008, 03:47 PM
Hey everyone and thank you for reading my first post here. :) I was wondering, what is a good race for Guntecher if I want to be able to make it good (being able to use decent techs and guns), but also have the ability to change to Fortegunner or even Acrofighter at some point... I was thinking Beast like Fanboy's guide in the helpful links section says, but I feel like beasts would be bad at Fortegunning because FG doesn't have GTs high ATA mod... Any ideas?

mvffin
Jun 27, 2008, 04:11 PM
FG has higher ATA than GT. Beast does fine at either, I've been running my F Beast as Gunner Types for a while, and it works just fine.

For that matter, any race can be sufficient at any job. Except Cast FT.

DreXxiN
Jun 28, 2008, 01:44 PM
I honestly must say I think Beast GT works very well.

You get techs/bullets but also can Nano for melee, probably the most "hybrid" possible thing.

TP doesn't matter since most support techs don't rely on it and resta even at level 20 heals most LVL 100+ to full as a beast. With shifta, you'll still be dishing out good damage, and SE isn't effected by race, so you have those too.

With a level 21+ Zodial, I've never had problems hitting with a beast too often.

Sega011
Jun 28, 2008, 08:30 PM
I've been trying to find a good GT race, was thinking CASTs due to their innate ability to gun, but then realized I basically can't use techs... Anyone have a preference on what GTs they like in their party?

Leah
Jun 28, 2008, 08:39 PM
i'm fairly certain that techs are the lowest form of damage to begin with. guntech with cast, keep buffs/support, paradi & xbow :3

soolayah
Jun 28, 2008, 08:55 PM
I like having my cast as a GT - if only for the fact I already have problems with PA space without any attack technics. :/

Adriano
Jun 28, 2008, 09:00 PM
Mithra

Sega011
Jun 28, 2008, 09:01 PM
Mithra

?????

mvffin
Jun 28, 2008, 09:02 PM
I've played my Beast, Cast, and Newman as GT. Any of them works, but I personally prefer Cast, for aesthetics and SUV.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jun 28, 2008, 09:04 PM
Human Guntecher becaue you can make yourself look like Hol horse.
Cast Guntecher because you can actually summon the emperor.

Sega011
Jun 29, 2008, 05:57 AM
Anyone else?

ashley50
Jun 29, 2008, 06:04 AM
CAST =
SUV
Good Accuracy

Beast = For Donuts :3

Syl
Jun 29, 2008, 06:31 AM
Pretty much any race can do it well... Newmans may miss out on damage though. CAST and beasts can still have a nice amount of TP though.

Ezodagrom
Jun 29, 2008, 06:43 AM
I like playing GT as CAST...
Only have 2 attack techs, Foie and Diga...for those bullet resistant enemies...

Kion
Jun 29, 2008, 07:42 AM
Cast for damage accuracy and SUV fits well with the classes normal play range. And Paradi = instant room rapage.
Beast for all out atp, okay TP and nano is perfect for situations against large bullet resistant enemies.
Human as they balance all aspects of the class and look good doing it.
Newmans for high evasion and good tech damage. These guys do a much better job at AT or FT.

chaoskila
Jun 29, 2008, 10:22 AM
i lke newmans lol
but i thnk cast are the best at being guntecher.

Hrith
Jun 29, 2008, 12:32 PM
I play GT both as human and cast, and I like the human more.

Cast is a bit better for soloing thanks to SUV, but I rarely solo as GT, so >_>

Sega011
Jun 30, 2008, 02:01 PM
So most think CAST is the best GT... I think I might try that. Although I've been leveling my Shotgun bullets lately. Should I focus on the twin handguns instead?

Niloklives
Jun 30, 2008, 04:57 PM
you dont get techs as a beast. the ability to cast them sure, but no damage. make a beast GT if you plan on only using support techs honestly, casts are fine too in this situation. the question is would you rather have a nano blast or a SUV. thats the only major difference between a cast and a beast in this class. if you want to be able to do everything a GT can do, go with human.

....and if you like space elves and dont care as much about output...make a newman