PDA

View Full Version : PSO =/= Old School Phantasy Star

Omega_Weltall
Jun 17, 2008, 12:36 AM
Dose it annoy you when people refer to PSO as "old Phantasy Star"?
I mean sure PSO is several years old but PS1 was released in 1988( in Japan anyway) that makes it 20 friggen years old!
sure the kids born after 1995 have an excuse (and Final Fantasy Fanboys) but OMG PSO is FAR form being that old.
I just makes my head want to explode with frustration when people do that.

Maskim
Jun 17, 2008, 02:00 AM
Yes. Not worth getting upset over though. Should they go play the great games that the current generation of phantasy stars is based on? Yes. Will they, for the most part? Probably not. As such, the only options are to:

A. Get used to it, and understand that they are either ignorant to what 'old Phantasy Star' is, or they are calling PSO 'old' to be understood better by the majority of the community.

B. Have an aneurysm.

Trying to correct them all the time is a losing battle. Besides, in 6 years, they'll be calling PSU the 'classic' Phantasy Star, and you'll have to start the fight for Phantasy Re-education all over again.

But, yes. It's quite agitating at times.

Magus_84
Jun 17, 2008, 06:46 PM
The internet population has the attention span of a fruit fly on meth.

And PSO itself, at least the original game, is about 7 years old. Someone born in 93 (release year of PSIV, if I remember right...) would have been 9 years old when PSO v1 came out over here.

Flash forward 7 years. They've gone from playing with toy cars (or racing games) to being able to get a driver's license in the same time span.

May not be a long time to someone older, but to a 16-year old, that's almost half their life, and a bit more than half of their time being fully self-aware.

Cut the young 'uns some slack.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 17, 2008, 11:39 PM
I don't call PSO old Phantasy Star. I call it PSO. Or phantasy star online for the Playstation idiotsfanboys. >_>;

I call PSIV...PSIV. :wacko:

CelestialBlade
Jun 18, 2008, 12:10 AM
Who the hell compares a 90s 2D RPG to a MMORPG?

Nitro Vordex
Jun 19, 2008, 03:37 AM
Playstation idiotsfanboys. >_>;
Or the people born after 1996

Darkly
Jun 19, 2008, 07:54 AM
lol - old pso - time for one final mission.

Zorafim
Jun 19, 2008, 09:17 AM
What, didn't you know? PSO stands for Phantasy Star Old!

A2K
Jun 19, 2008, 09:23 AM
Dose it annoy you when people refer to PSO as "old Phantasy Star"?
I mean sure PSO is several years old but PS1 was released in 1988( in Japan anyway) that makes it 20 friggen years old!
sure the kids born after 1995 have an excuse (and Final Fantasy Fanboys) but OMG PSO is FAR form being that old.
I just makes my head want to explode with frustration when people do that.

It doesn't annoy me so much as I find it to be very... revealing about the person, so to speak.

Larusu
Jul 12, 2008, 10:06 AM
It's the old PSO, not the old PS. But I don't care too much.