PDA

View Full Version : Fan Fic The tale of Eternity

inzeost
Jun 18, 2008, 08:20 AM
Author’s note: Ok, I’ve been wanting to write this for a while and finally got around to doing it. This is a retelling of my experiences in Phantasy Star. The main character is my first character in PSO. He lives in the world of PSO, so the events of PSO will be happening around him. I’m not making him the character you actually play as, because every one knows that story already, but he will be going down to Ragol and doing stuff. If I say more it’ll spoil it, so enjoy.

Chapter 1: Rebirth

Marcus Odium: the name of a human scientist and archeologist. He joined the hunters the day Pioneer 2 left for the new home world, Ragol. After hearing that hunters would have first dibs on the surface when they arrived, he saw it as an opportunity to research anything fairly interesting before any of his associates got the chance.
He knew there would have to be an alteration in his life style because of his choice, but he didn’t see how he could have avoided change either way. After all, moving to a new planet on the basis that your old one was tearing itself apart wasn’t something you could just ignore and move on from.
One year after Pioneer 2 launched, Marcus Odium died of a heart attack. His consciousness was uploaded to a new vessel the moment before his life signs gave out, and he was reborn a CAST. From that day on, he was known as Eternity.
Six years later he arrived at Ragol. The day had come to set foot on the new world, to meet with those who had found the planet seven years earlier. It was later that day when the announcement was made. An unexpected disaster resulted in all access to Ragol being denied excluding hunters and authorized military personnel. The announcement only peaked Eternity’s curiosity. He absolutely had to find out more about this “disaster.”

inzeost
Jun 21, 2008, 04:41 PM
Next installment is here. Message me to give feedback please.

Chapter 2: Respect for the Devil

“Hey man. Morning,” The rather exhausted guard said, waving to his partner as he walked toward his new post.”Late night?” the other guard asked.” ”Yeah, I was up all night guarding the president. Damn reporters can’t be happy with the official statement.” He yawned and but his military cap on. “We don’t know what the hell happened down there, don’t they get it? That’s why we’re sending investigation teams.” He sighed and stood at attention as an irregularly tall CAST walked out of the hunter’s guild.”Holy sh-“”HUcast Eternity, requesting permission to go on the surface.” Eternity tapped the light blue “SKYLY” Section ID on his chest plate and both guards moved to the side.
”You sure you’re well equipped? We’ve had reports of some violent native creatures.””Heh. I’ve a saber, a pair of knives, a handgun and my mag, Tsuya. I think that’s all I’m going to need.””Suit yourself.”
Eternity stepped through the portal and disappeared. “You know, for a second, I thought that was the Black Hound.””That’s because you’ve never seen the guy. Sure, Eternity might be a bit intimidating, the height and all that black armor, But the Black Hound, Kireek, you get near that guy you feel like you just met the devil. Besides, the Black Hound has purple armor, believe it or not.””You seem to know a lot about the guy.””Well, I just got a pleasant reminder just how frightening he is. He just went through about a minute before you got here.”

Eternity stepped onto the dirt road conveniently placed in front of the transporter. He took in his surroundings ”Ragol, huh? Greener than I expected.” He broke open a few of the supply boxes around him. “Why thank you, don’t mind if I do.” He took the meseta, left everything else, and walked up the path.
Eternity came to a security gate with blue lines, signaling that it was open. “Nice of them to let me through. Then again, it’s probably broken.” The moment he stepped through, several strange looking animals appeared from apparently nowhere. Instinctively, Eternity activated his saber. He searched for any sources of information on the creatures. Only one was found. “Odd. I expected more public research. Booma. Travel in packs, threat: dangerous in packs. Well it wouldn’t make much sense to travel in one if they weren’t. Ok, so who wants to go first?” They all slowly came forward. “Sheesh, ever heard of one on one?” He sighed and activated his combat programs.
The first Booma swung its claw only to be stopped mid-attack by the burning energy of a high-powered photon saber. Eternity’s saber disappeared and two knives took its place, one in each hand. Two Booma began running toward him. He rushed at a lone Booma and jumped. He smashed his foot into its face, cracking its skull. He back flipped off of the Booma, holding forward his daggers, and landed behind both of them, stabbing them both in the back. The final Booma only had time to glance in the direction of the gunshot before a photon bullet pierced its skull and fell over dead.
”You know, with the way you fight, some people might mistake you for me. The only difference is that I’m not as flashy.” Eternity pointed his gun at this sudden intruder, but quickly put it away the moment he saw who it was.”The Black Hound,” Eternity said with a slight tone of respect, “Never thought I’d run into you.””Hmm. I suppose it would be a shock, especially when you know who I am. But please, for the moment call me Kireek.“”Less of a shock and more of a pleasant surprise.” Eternity crossed his arms and laughed silently.”You’re emotional for a CAST, any one ever tell you that?””Well, I used to be human. They’re just remnants of my past, I could never really get rid of them.””Sacrificing your humanity in the name of power. I can’t say I blame you,” A giant Scythe materialized in Kireek’s hands and a heavy chill ran through the air. “Some people do anything for the sake of power.” Kireek began to walk away, deeper into the forest, but stopped. “By the way, don’t try looking for anyone from Pioneer one. I’m pretty sure they’re all dead. Well… Let me correct that. There might be one survivor.” Kireek stepped through the electronic door. “See you around, Eternity.”
Eternity took a different door than Kireek and headed toward where his data said was the residential area, when he realized something was wrong. “Kireek… when did you learn my name?”