PDA

View Full Version : Unscheduled mantainance or problem on my end?

Yurika
Jan 25, 2003, 04:19 PM
I popped on about thirty minutes ago to go find someone for a trade I have scheduled, and the line disconnected. Now every time I try to go on, it sits at a screen telling me it's connecting to the DNS server. >_< I know my stupid internet works, as I've only got this one phone line. And it does connect to the stupid server, it's just not going to ship/lobby selection. ARGH.

BlankTK
Jan 25, 2003, 04:20 PM
Servers are down from what i hear.

Eden
Jan 25, 2003, 04:21 PM
I can't get on either

MoggieK
Jan 25, 2003, 04:21 PM
It's not your fault, I think everyone I've talk to can't connect right now. I guess they are fixing that problem.... or just annoying us. XD

Yurika
Jan 25, 2003, 04:24 PM
Gurr. Pain in the rear. I wonder if we hit 100000000 on Famistu or something. The counter on the website is +99000000, and it is only 6:30 Am in Japan. Perfect time to do maintainance. >_<

MoggieK
Jan 25, 2003, 04:39 PM
Can't you see that ST wants to grab the final 100,000,000th kill by themselves? XD

I would assume this would last about and hour or 2... maybe 3.... or a whole day. o_O

Munki
Jan 25, 2003, 04:41 PM
They could take all day if they want...

as long as when they get it back online, the game is stable again.

In fact, I would prefer it to be offline to the public all day, they implement the fix, and then they get a bunch of guys to actually TEST it for a couple of hours.

Would be a very cool thing if they did... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BrokenHope
Jan 25, 2003, 04:45 PM
JP 1.0 servers have been down since yesterday, i'm guessing whatever they were doing on them (fixing this fsod crap i hope), there now doing the same to the US version.

DJ_Monkey
Jan 25, 2003, 04:49 PM
This could have something to do with the internet worm attack that happened this morning...

From what I heard, the attack was based in eastern Asia, near South Korea. It's very possible that ST's servers(if they are based in Japan, that is) could have been affected.

Don't worry, I've been having problems too. My dial-up ISP must be having problems with their DNS servers(it won't connect to them) too.

ITG
Jan 25, 2003, 05:22 PM
I work for a major Telephone company. THIS MOST LIKELY has to do with the worm attack. We were not even able to work today because of it. Seems the attack almost crippled a couple of microsoft servers we and lots of other companies use. In order to remedy it they had to shut down lots of network connections. The worm supposedly has caused lots of unnecessary traffic and has bogged down traffic.

Guntz348
Jan 25, 2003, 05:26 PM
Worm or no worm, lets all hope that ST is indeed fixing the FSOD and corruption problems. I was gonna go on and play last night and today, but held off untill I heard that it was safe to go back on. With the maintenence we can't even get on so it doesn't really matter. Everyone just keep there fingers crossed that once the servers go back it'll be safe for us to go back and play.

Blenjar
Jan 25, 2003, 05:31 PM
Do you get error 102? or error 015?

hucasts_rock
Jan 25, 2003, 05:35 PM
I hope they're doing both...stupid FSOD has corrupted my file TWICE 2 days in a row...I really wish ST would've tested this...now PAYING CUSTUMERS are losing their data and it's Sonic Teams fault! I dunno why, but online PSO is just too addicting to resist...that's why I stay on...

BlankTK
Jan 25, 2003, 05:47 PM
I dont think this has to do with the worm, because i heard that its only the US servers shut down, and anyone who was currently playing on the JP 1.1 servers was able to stay on. Even though they are seperate servers, i find it hard to believe that they would be seperate enough for one to avoid a worm and the other not.

Squall8VIII
Jan 25, 2003, 05:53 PM
Ah so all of the servers are down...No wonder I couldn't go on. Yeah, I hope they fix that stupid FSOD too. I'm nearly broke by having to re-buy all those Trifluids and Antiparalysis every time it freezes...

-KNUCKLES-
Jan 25, 2003, 06:01 PM
what is the worm, where did it come from and what does it do?

Johan
Jan 25, 2003, 06:05 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/2693925.stm

I can't get on either - error 101.

rena-ko
Jan 25, 2003, 06:17 PM
so thats why...
thanks for the interesting link, btw ^_^

CorneliusPower
Jan 25, 2003, 06:20 PM
I cant log on either, just to let you guys kow your not alone, it stays at Connecting to DNS server screen then goes to Line is disconnected. Hopefully nothing is serious.

Munki
Jan 25, 2003, 06:27 PM
I actually get to the ship select screen, but then it automatically disco's me

Amsterdamus
Jan 25, 2003, 06:27 PM
I really don't think this has anything to do w/ the worm attack today. If it did we would'nt even be able to connect to the dns server. Did Sega post any info on this yet?

Ian D
Jan 25, 2003, 06:35 PM
I always get the "Connecting to DNS" message for about half a minute and then it says it couldn't connect, so it's nothing new to me.
(If anyone can help me out, please PM me or contact me via AIM.)

Bloodberry
Jan 25, 2003, 06:59 PM
DNS works right now, but yeah all the servers just auto-dc. maybe they're preparing something for the million points too?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bloodberry on 2003-01-25 16:21 ]</font>

Rich_T
Jan 25, 2003, 07:27 PM
The Dreamcast servers also went down at the same time as the gamecube servers, and as far as a i know are still down, when you try and conect you just get some messgae saying something about maintenance, or you get as far as a ship select then you get the disconect message.

Johan
Jan 25, 2003, 07:33 PM
Well, I still don't get past the "Connecting to the DNS server", and I gotta leave in about an hour... Yurika, I think we might have to postpone that trade till tomorrow, unless you we can do it at, like, midnight EST or so.

Gray4
Jan 25, 2003, 07:35 PM
I don't think the worm has anything to do with it. That happened last night, and I was able to play PSO all last night and from around 9 this morning to about 1:30 pm est.

PrimateLord
Jan 25, 2003, 07:41 PM
Ummm.......can anyone else connect to sega.com? Me and some of my friends online can't connect.

Docpan
Jan 25, 2003, 07:42 PM
Yes, I was just about to say that. Many people cannot even get to sega.com, including me.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 25, 2003, 07:46 PM
I can connect to sega.com fine...

Johan
Jan 25, 2003, 07:57 PM
I can get to sega.com fine, just not PSO.

blueicesolid
Jan 25, 2003, 08:01 PM
dude... how are you connected to sega? i cant... i typed in http://www.sega.com and sega.com and they both dont work, they just go to the stupid MSN Search thingy...

LamerPanda
Jan 25, 2003, 08:17 PM
Hm, Sega.com works for me right now. o_o

Maybe the PSO servers are back up, then? ^^; *hopeful*

Rain_1
Jan 25, 2003, 08:22 PM
i was going to get online with DC Ver1 to notice the servers were down.. came here, and learned that all pso servers are down...

it's so weird that dreamcast servers would come down too... like, what the hell would they be updating at those?

and the servers don't seem to be at the same place (physically)... since my connection to euro servers is always CRAP...

it's just weird.. maybe it does have something to do with the worm..

Docpan
Jan 25, 2003, 08:30 PM
Nope no sega.com still. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

At first I thought it was me then about 70 percent of the people I talked to said it wasn't working for them either.

Buuyon
Jan 25, 2003, 08:32 PM
Maybe they are fixing that damn problem with the simple mail/search...i hope they do because i talk to my friends with it alot and i cant get to sega either i think it might be a msn thing cuz the same thing happens with me. Heh i love theese boards you can fix fuck ups...i said dame unstaed of damn

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Buuyon on 2003-01-25 17:40 ]</font>

Jace_100
Jan 25, 2003, 08:36 PM
Hmm, i can get it to and i have the PSO part open. Heck i even got the java applet about buying a hun ters license open

PrimateLord
Jan 25, 2003, 08:39 PM
does the site say anything about what's happening? that's why I tried to connect to it in the first place

Cynosure
Jan 25, 2003, 08:47 PM
I think I speak for everyone when I say this... SONIC TEAM NEEDS TO TAKE BETTER CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are so greedy, they need to tell us why the servers are down!

MufFiN_mAn
Jan 25, 2003, 09:00 PM
its probably certain that they are fixing the fsod/corruption problem w/ the new patch they put on Thursday night. a lot of people (myself included) have sent them e-mails complaining that they have been fsoded right when the get into the game, after it saves the 1st time. fortunately, that happene to me on my crappy character and i didnt lose much. i hope they are, if ont completley removing it, that they are at least fixing the corruption problem

dude3282
Jan 25, 2003, 09:10 PM
Shut up already, silly mortals. Stop biting the hand that feeds you. Sonic Team has attempted to make your life nirvana. Cut them some slack, they're only separating you from PSO for a little while, so when we go back on it will be more enjoyable and FSOD-free.

Chill out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dude3282 on 2003-01-25 18:10 ]</font>

Vidgmchtr
Jan 25, 2003, 09:10 PM
This stinks. I had planned a game with my friends for this weekend and the server goes down. now what do i do? postpone it until next week? i was supposed to get tons of rare weapons from my friends, and get some trimates to raise my ATP! i hate this. is PSO for xbox released? if it is, i bet xbox live users are having a ball....using microsoft's own server.....another reason why i despise the xbox.

Tigger
Jan 25, 2003, 09:31 PM
Wow, just no pleasing you people...

"OMG they need to stop the dupers"
"OMG they stopped the dupers but now I'm afraid to go online because people claim they've gotten teh fsod"
"OMG I'm so pissed cause they took the servers down to fix the fsod"

I mean come on.

dude3282
Jan 25, 2003, 09:42 PM
On 2003-01-25 18:31, Tigger wrote:
Wow, just no pleasing you people...

"OMG they need to stop the dupers"
"OMG they stopped the dupers but now I'm afraid to go online because people claim they've gotten teh fsod"
"OMG I'm so pissed cause they took the servers down to fix the fsod"

I mean come on.

Well put.

blueicesolid
Jan 25, 2003, 09:48 PM
me and my friend are calling sega right now, maybe they can give us some info on whats going on. we'll report results.

Manny
Jan 25, 2003, 09:49 PM
They could have at least said something =X

blueicesolid
Jan 25, 2003, 09:49 PM
DAMN, monday to friday, probably part of their entire scheme, they probably figured people would call in about this so they scheduled it for a saturday. sucks.

Webapprentice
Jan 25, 2003, 09:53 PM
If some of you can't get sega.com while others can, it's possible the worm caused your part of the Internet to be unable to resolve domain names and find sega.com.

The Internet is decentralized. So while one region of the world can't get through the Internet, another part may be running fine (except if they are trying to reach an affected part).

DJ_Monkey
Jan 25, 2003, 09:58 PM
If Sonic Team can truely fix the FSoD bug, character corruptions, duping, and other things, then this disturbance in service will be worth it. If it isn't helpful, than at least thank Sega for trying to fix it.

At first, I thought it was because something was wrong on my end. I threw my Wavebird at the wall in frustration. Luckily, that SOB is very tough, so it still works fine =P

The Internet is a love/hate thing. Sometimes, you love it because it can let you play with other people. Sometimes, you hate it, and it makes you throw your Wavebird in frustration(hehe...guilty as charged ^_^).

ULTICOMP
Jan 25, 2003, 10:31 PM
People are saying the servers are back up but when you get on all your items get deleted.

Eden
Jan 25, 2003, 10:33 PM
yeah...I'm sure all your items are deleted.

Anyone want to confirm this? =/

hucasts_rock
Jan 25, 2003, 10:36 PM
I'll try and see..my HUcast has nothing to lose http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: I tried and it still disconnects me...the rumors are lies...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucasts_rock on 2003-01-25 19:38 ]</font>

MufFiN_mAn
Jan 25, 2003, 10:37 PM
ok, well, here's what is happeneing. they had the matinence going earlier until 30 mins ago. Then, i got on at 9:05 here. then, when i selected Ship Select, it didnt come up w/ the ship lis, instead it disconnected me. the message was:
No.100 Game Over
The server has been disconnected.
[PRESS START TO CONTINUE]

obviously, when they finished w/ the matinence, they didnt fix anything, so they are trying to fix it again. because, i tried to reconnect immediately after, and it came up w/ the server matinence message instead of the Famitsu message. lol. they tried to fix their fuk up and fukked it up more. damn, this sux, but at least they are trying to fix it and help us out. but, if i cant connect at all tonight or tommorrow, im gonna be pretty pissed. i think we all will be. even the most patient of us will be.

DualHydra
Jan 25, 2003, 10:38 PM
OMG OMG OMG WHY!!!!! sure im a duper but still....i dont deserve this.....

hucasts_rock
Jan 25, 2003, 10:40 PM
On 2003-01-25 19:38, Tidus_415 wrote:
OMG OMG OMG WHY!!!!! sure im a duper but still....i dont deserve this.....

In other people's opinions, dupers deserve worse...

Manny
Jan 25, 2003, 10:44 PM
All Dupers deserve to get beaten and killed with straws. This patch would never had happened if it weren't for dupers.

Tigger
Jan 25, 2003, 10:45 PM
On 2003-01-25 19:37, MufFiN_mAn wrote:
but, if i cant connect at all tonight or tommorrow, im gonna be pretty pissed. i think we all will be. even the most patient of us will be.

I won't.

Numair
Jan 25, 2003, 10:47 PM
I suppose i could go offline and beat normal with my Fonewearl lvl 101.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Though it would be extremely boring...... Dammit and the night i wuz gonna stay up on! i accidently fell asleep last night. grrrr....... O well i just hope the servers come back up soon.

Eden
Jan 25, 2003, 10:52 PM
You can't blame it on dupers. I don't agree with duping but expecting people to know of a glitch and not exploit it is just Naive.

Vic_Viper
Jan 25, 2003, 11:01 PM
2:04 am (GMT - 3)
Current status on DC PSO :
JP all working correctly
EU all working correctly
US all gone

So it might be GC ships are down as well which explains why you gets disconnected just after authentication. (Goes into lobby screen then disconnects)
Probably is what happens to US DC PSO users too.
I use JP disc so I still can connect...

Gohan8781
Jan 25, 2003, 11:03 PM
I connected this afternoon, had no idea there was a problem , and my char files were corrupted. I'm pissed off, a month's worth of work on my HUmar is destroyed. Sega needs to Give everyone a month free or something for this shit. Someone should start a petition.

Sigma2140
Jan 25, 2003, 11:09 PM
I need my fix! Oh well at least the last maintance patched duping now items are actually rare again.

spardaGC
Jan 25, 2003, 11:10 PM
uhhh.i accidently posted sumthin

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: spardaGC on 2003-01-25 20:11 ]</font>

Soundboy
Jan 25, 2003, 11:13 PM
ok for those of who don't know what going on in the world outsie of pso there is a worm virus out and this is why we can't get onto pso it was released this morning and is still continuing to spread to other sql severs the reason you can't get online is cause this virus is keeping the sever so busy right sending itself out to other on't worry you cube is safe and most pc are unless you run an SQL sever if you goto Sega pso msg boards you can envenually get onto them it takes a long time this is because of the worm hopefully sega is woking on his but there is no way to contact tech support until moday to see what is being done right now. I'm sure the servers will be back on in a fe day if not tonight or tommarow.

Katana
Jan 25, 2003, 11:41 PM
Well guys I wouldnt advise that you try logging on right now. I tried logging on and when it was dissconnecting me it corrupted my memory card. I lost my level 140 HUnewearl level 116 HUmar and my level 62 RAmarl. Im going to be restarting my HUnewearl and possibly my RAmarl. But I wouldnt suggest logging on until this blows over. Im pretty sure that this has to do with the worm because I dont think that sega would take down their web page at the same time as they took down their game servers.

MufFiN_mAn
Jan 25, 2003, 11:45 PM
it could also be a problem w/ the ISPs. im using hotmail as mine, and earlier i couldn't read my e-mail, and MSN messenger wasnt working. about a month ago, the same thing happened, and my frined, who also uses hotmail for his ISP, couldnt get on until the hotmail was accessible again. so, it might be an ISP problem too

Vejita
Jan 25, 2003, 11:46 PM
On 2003-01-25 20:13, Soundboy wrote:
ok for those of who don't know what going on in the world outsie of pso there is a worm virus out and this is why we can't get onto pso it was released this morning and is still continuing to spread to other sql severs the reason you can't get online is cause this virus is keeping the sever so busy right sending itself out to other on't worry you cube is safe and most pc are unless you run an SQL sever if you goto Sega pso msg boards you can envenually get onto them it takes a long time this is because of the worm hopefully sega is woking on his but there is no way to contact tech support until moday to see what is being done right now. I'm sure the servers will be back on in a fe day if not tonight or tommarow.

dontcha just love that grammer. The common consensus is that the servers being down isnt related to the worm, however, there isnt a sure comformation of anything at this point.

Vantamiath
Jan 25, 2003, 11:54 PM
yurika how you get corrupted? If it stalls just controller save.

Anyway I tried maybe 5 mins ago, it took forever but it found the DNS server. When it loaded though it said something about the servers being down.

Thank you captain obvious!!!

MufFiN_mAn
Jan 25, 2003, 11:57 PM
i dont think its a problem w/ their servers, because i can get on to all parts of Sega.com and SonicTeam.com.and i have been able to all night, because i was looking for info about why their was matinence right after the other matinence just ended. still, i would advis everyone not to go on for tonight, at least not w/ ur best character(s). i will try connecting w/ a new charcter, and come back on here w/ the news.

LollipopLolita
Jan 26, 2003, 12:05 AM
MufFiN_mAn, ever thought about the possibility that they might be on different servers?

anyhow, this will now be the official servers down complain here thread!

Guntz348
Jan 26, 2003, 12:05 AM
Ok this may be a really dumb question, but since there are major servers all over the world being taken apart by this worm virus, are our PC's safe? I have an open network connection via a DSL router and from what I've heard my connection is more open to anything coming into it, so that would make me more vulnerable to attack. So are we safe using PSOW or is the worm going to attack everything?

PentUpAnger
Jan 26, 2003, 12:08 AM
On , wrote:

Uh what...

Katana
Jan 26, 2003, 12:09 AM
Guntz you shouldnt have anything to worry about. The worm attacks SQL servers. So you should be safe. Unless your running a SQL server that is.

PentUpAnger
Jan 26, 2003, 12:12 AM
On 2003-01-25 21:05, Guntz348 wrote:
Ok this may be a really dumb question, but since there are major servers all over the world being taken apart by this worm virus, are our PC's safe? I have an open network connection via a DSL router and from what I've heard my connection is more open to anything coming into it, so that would make me more vulnerable to attack. So are we safe using PSOW or is the worm going to attack everything?

Don't worry about it getting into your PC... it attacks name servers. The worms programmer succeeded because of people being in fear.

Green_Ninja
Jan 26, 2003, 12:13 AM
Well, I hope they fix the problem. I am happy to know that there is an actual problem experienced with everybody and not jus me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I thought that the servers were down for good... oh well lol I haven't experienced the same problems as you people, but I was disconnected yesterday and could not connect for a while, than after 30 minutes I was able to reconnect. Now it happens again, only this time I cannot reconnect.

~I'm and idiot when it comes to computers lol so I really don't know what a worm is, is it a type of virus?~

LamerPanda
Jan 26, 2003, 12:15 AM
"A worm is a program which spreads (usually) over network connections. Unlike a virus, it does not attach itself to a host program. In practice, worms are not normally associated with personal computer systems."

mm, gotta love faqs (http://www.sherpasoft.org.uk/acvFAQ/acvFAQ.1)...

DualHydra
Jan 26, 2003, 12:22 AM
this worm thing is getting me mad!!!! cant play pso online....im stuck on normal lv 50 its realllllly boring......and....well hotmail wont let me log on to check my email....good thing i got yahoo also lol

Ian D
Jan 26, 2003, 12:25 AM
Ugh, I haven't been able to check my mail all month.

Green_Ninja
Jan 26, 2003, 12:27 AM
thanks a bunch http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

How long would it take them to fix the worm, if they can?

Jace_100
Jan 26, 2003, 12:31 AM
Servers are back up folks! Have fun, Go nuts!!

pixelate
Jan 26, 2003, 12:33 AM
Uhm, not quite back online yet.

Katana
Jan 26, 2003, 12:34 AM
Well they would have to install sp3 which contains a patch to fix the worm but that could take some time considering they would have to install it on all their servers. But I dont know too much about this worm im just taking this from what a friend of mine said. Anyone know if this is true or not?

DualHydra
Jan 26, 2003, 12:36 AM
naw man they aint up yet it dcs me everytime i go to the block select

Guntz348
Jan 26, 2003, 12:40 AM
Thank you Kantan and Pent Up Anger, I was starting to worry about catching the worm myself but since i dont even know what and SQL server is then I have nothing to fear http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Thanks a bunch again!

Dark_Shadow
Jan 26, 2003, 12:41 AM
I think it was the worm attack because msn was down for the last 2 days. 2 bad about the duping think thought...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Katana
Jan 26, 2003, 12:41 AM
Yea I can get to the ship select screen now but when i try to get on to antares it DCes me. It looks like they are slowly getting their servers back up but still might take some time. Id say they should be back up within an hour but thats just my guesstimate. But that still doesnt help me with my corrupt memory card. *crys river of tears*

Katana
Jan 26, 2003, 12:44 AM
Well if MSN has been down for 2 days then it would have nothing to do with the worm because the worm attack only started yesterday...me thinks.?Im pretty sure about that.

PentUpAnger
Jan 26, 2003, 12:45 AM
On 2003-01-25 21:34, Katana wrote:
Well they would have to install sp3 which contains a patch to fix the worm but that could take some time considering they would have to install it on all their servers. But I dont know too much about this worm im just taking this from what a friend of mine said. Anyone know if this is true or not?

There are only about 800,000 "SP3"s...

I wonder how many people realize that the patch that blocks this worm came out a year ago... and no one used it... nor did they close the port (when that was told to be a known problem) that the worm comes in on...

Hindsight is 20/20... funny how that works.

spardaGC
Jan 26, 2003, 12:45 AM
to me this is the worst thing that can happen.i can only play video games on weekends and friday.so all week ive been waiting 2 play.ive gone crazy and when its friday i play my heart out.then on satuirday i come on and disconnected.i thought it was my fault and i was pissed.i saw the problem posted on pso and was even more pissed.why?i can't fix it and there is no telling when i can go back on.and if it goes on past sunday im going to go CRAZY!!!

Getintothegame
Jan 26, 2003, 12:47 AM
I've heard from IGN that they got the patch on a couple servers, but adding all these patches is going to take a lot of time...

Oh well, I'm going to go rare hunt offline now...

BTW, I think this is interesting: (I got this before posting)

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/psoworld/cgi-bin/functions.php on line 541

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/psoworld/cgi-bin/functions.php on line 541

Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in /home/psoworld/cgi-bin/functions.php on line 541

Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in /home/psoworld/cgi-bin/reply.php on line 184

Error - Could not enter data into the database. Please go back and try again

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-01-25 21:50 ]</font>

Katana
Jan 26, 2003, 12:47 AM
Heh thanks pent for verifying that about the sp3 =D

Katana
Jan 26, 2003, 12:50 AM
On 2003-01-25 21:47, Getintothegame wrote:
I've heard from IGN that they got the patch on a couple servers, but adding all these patches is going to take a lot of time...

Well the servers went down between 3:00 and 4:00 my time and its almost 1:00am my time.....thats alot of time plenty for them to get a good deal of the servers patched. This being why I said they should be back up within an hour or so.

Vejita
Jan 26, 2003, 12:53 AM
Ok, so servers are slowly going back up, but did they take off the double save, or is still just as risky as before?

LollipopLolita
Jan 26, 2003, 12:55 AM
salad could get on, select ship and start a game, and yes double saves are still there!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-01-25 22:02 ]</font>

Katana
Jan 26, 2003, 12:55 AM
Well we wont be able to find out if they took the double save off until the servers are back up. I seriously doubt that they did anything to the servers if this is a result of the worm.

Well if you read above this it looks like its verified that they didnt take off double save.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Katana on 2003-01-25 22:04 ]</font>

Vejita
Jan 26, 2003, 12:57 AM
christ. well im still waiting for safe gameplay then

godats
Jan 26, 2003, 12:58 AM
Hm, I just typed a long reply clearing up pretty much everything about the worm, how personal users have nothing to worry about, the terribly stupid network setup which resulted in this (not referring to the PSO servers, but the fact that the database server should not be given direct internet access)

Of course when I hit submit it told me the forum was not found, so the whole post is gone.. but yeah.. I wouldn't expect any changes at all on the PSO servers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: godats on 2003-01-25 22:01 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Jan 26, 2003, 01:01 AM
katana read post above your last one

Saladwood
Jan 26, 2003, 01:05 AM
i don't know about anyone else but i was able to go online and play just fine

Katana
Jan 26, 2003, 01:09 AM
What ship are you connecting to Salad?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Katana on 2003-01-25 22:09 ]</font>

Katana
Jan 26, 2003, 01:12 AM
Well heres what I have experienced. Vega and Altair are currently up and running now but deneb and antares are still down and should be up soon.

Green_Ninja
Jan 26, 2003, 01:14 AM
I play PSO v.1 for the DC and I can get to the Select Ship screen, than when i select it it Disconnects me. Again I am an idiot with computers soooo I don't know if it means that I can't connect yet or what... sorry for blatent stupidity lol

Saladwood
Jan 26, 2003, 01:16 AM
i was able to connect to vega and antares. and this was maybe 30 minutes ago.

Katana
Jan 26, 2003, 01:18 AM
I still freeze when I try to connect to antares.

Green_Ninja
Jan 26, 2003, 01:23 AM
It still auto disconnects me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I don't even get to chose a ship. Why?

Guntz348
Jan 26, 2003, 01:24 AM
On 2003-01-25 22:18, Katana wrote:
I still freeze when I try to connect to antares.

ditto.

Screw it, I'm going to the dinner then I'll go to bed and hopefully play tomorrow, errr later today since it is tomorrow

Tellah
Jan 26, 2003, 01:37 AM
That Worm virus spread through out a great deal of the internet. So many servers will be down, not just Sega's servers either, even if Sega fixes their servers, the 'net may not function at 100% for days to weeks untill all the vulnerable servers out there have been patched.

Example:
1-2---3
__+4--5---y
___+6-7--x+
(_s are filler, +s and -s are connections)

1- You
2- Your ISP
3,4,5,6,7 - Servers

If say, server 4 was infected, you'd be unable to get to servers 5 6 & 7, while others (X&Y) would only be cut off from server 3.

Get the gist?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tellah on 2003-01-25 22:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tellah on 2003-01-25 22:43 ]</font>

CorneliusPower
Jan 26, 2003, 01:41 AM
Did SEGA ever confirm this has to do with that WORM? Hmm, maybe we should just consider this whole time of DOWN SERVER TIME is to avoid the worm, i measn SEGA did ANTI the Dupe by the second save, this is just skeptisism, but maybe SEGA cares. LOL.

Green_Ninja
Jan 26, 2003, 01:44 AM
Yeah thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LollipopLolita
Jan 26, 2003, 01:52 AM
nope, no official word from sonic team at all. no confirmations or no news at all why the servers went down. but famitsu did hit 100 million!

Seph5172
Jan 26, 2003, 02:07 AM
maybe they could take this down time and develop a keyboard quickly... it cant be that hard with over a hundred people working... can it?

haha...

ShadowPunisher
Jan 26, 2003, 02:31 PM
do you think that sega will fix the corruption on memory cards and will they give back all the items and characters?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 26, 2003, 02:41 PM
Heck no

TerribleDeliMeat
Jan 26, 2003, 03:25 PM
the problem is all your character info is saved client side and ST really has no access to it unless you are online. They also cant tell if you got all your items, or just duped them. So rather than risking giving back items to potential dupers, they wont do anything

(Note: not calling anyone specifically a duper, just meant in the general sense)

MufFiN_mAn
Jan 26, 2003, 07:09 PM
On 2003-01-25 23:07, Seph5172 wrote:
maybe they could take this down time and develop a keyboard quickly... it cant be that hard with over a hundred people working... can it?

u can buy keyboards from japanese companies if u want to. sure, its more than 2 times the money, but its almost like 2 months early. go to www.japanvideogames.com its like $60 plus s&h, which is probably around $15. i ordered mine 2 days ago and they said it should get here in like 7-10 buisness days

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MufFiN_mAn on 2003-01-26 16:27 ]</font>

Galahad_DFC
Jan 27, 2003, 12:08 PM
Is it still double saving when you join games?

Nils
Jan 27, 2003, 04:49 PM
Yes, it still double saves. But I haven't been getting FSODed anymore.

As someone esle said, the servers may have been down do to the worm (ST says they were) and when ST put them back up, they may have been unstable. Thus, creating the FSODs.