PDA

View Full Version : aaah! help my shoulder/arm hurts for 10+ hours now.

Saner
Jun 18, 2008, 02:04 PM
I'm so scared! I shoulda mentioned this earlier but ya I admit I overdid it with mmos the past
few days, I sleep too late and SUnday night I stayed up till like 5 .am playing an mmo without
break. waaaaah I think I really overdid it this time >.<

now my right shoulder really hurts constantly, right down to before my forearm it hurts.
It feels internal pain, it might be the muscles or the bones.

but I can think of some things that might caused it:

1. stayed up too late the past few days
2. staying in one position/seat too long periods of time
3. not exercising
4. during sleep I might have pulled/twisted something due to bad position.
5. lack of drinking milk?
6. skipping meals?
7. not going to church?

well actually the above 7 have been like that for weeks, and I never experienced
something like this before.

I'm not sure how or when it will go away. if it will go away. I dont wanna see a doctor but
if this pain stays till tommorrow I might have to. it's almost unbearable but as you can see
I can still type, I think it was worse in the morning.

I wrapped ice around my arm and shoulder for a time, it does reduce the pain but temporary
when I remove the ice.

am I having a stroke? waaaa! okay if this pain goes away I'll be sure to lift dumbells or
something while playing games for long periods.

but ya anyone have any idea what I'm going through? >_<

Eihwaz
Jun 18, 2008, 02:21 PM
You're probably just really stiff from sitting in the same position. Take a break from the MMOs for a few days, and let your poor arms rest. You probably just need to eat a few good meals and get some rest, and you'll feel better. You're not having a stroke or anything like that, as the symptoms you listed are not like those of a stroke.

If it still hurts after a few days, then it is a evil parasitic being, and you should go see a doctor immediately before it overtakes your whole body. :wacko:

Uncle_bob
Jun 18, 2008, 02:26 PM
Oh wow.

Wow.

Darkly
Jun 18, 2008, 02:26 PM
Arghhh im trying not to fucking raaage here but godamm, youve been playing a game for hours on end - ever heard of evil parasites? you have them.

SubstanceD
Jun 18, 2008, 02:51 PM
I'm so scared! I shoulda mentioned this earlier but ya I admit I overdid it with mmos the past
few days, I sleep too late and SUnday night I stayed up till like 5 .am playing an mmo without
break. waaaaah I think I really overdid it this time >.<

now my right shoulder really hurts constantly, right down to before my forearm it hurts.
It feels internal pain, it might be the muscles or the bones.

but I can think of some things that might caused it:

1. stayed up too late the past few days
2. staying in one position/seat too long periods of time
3. not exercising
4. during sleep I might have pulled/twisted something due to bad position.
5. lack of drinking milk?
6. skipping meals?
7. not going to church?

well actually the above 7 have been like that for weeks, and I never experienced
something like this before.

I'm not sure how or when it will go away. if it will go away. I dont wanna see a doctor but
if this pain stays till tommorrow I might have to. it's almost unbearable but as you can see
I can still type, I think it was worse in the morning.

I wrapped ice around my arm and shoulder for a time, it does reduce the pain but temporary
when I remove the ice.

am I having a stroke? waaaa! okay if this pain goes away I'll be sure to lift dumbells or
something while playing games for long periods.

but ya anyone have any idea what I'm going through? >_<

Are you still in pain? I'm no doctor but I think it might be combintaion of things, staying in 1 position for a long period of time. A lack of proper rest means that your body hasn't recoverd enough from your daily fatigue. A bad sleeping position could also make things worse. Take a break and get some proper rest.

Toadthroat
Jun 18, 2008, 02:57 PM
Unplug and go outside.

Saner
Jun 18, 2008, 03:07 PM
oh thanks. you know I have this floor chair seat thing, and the back part I rest it on a
large suitcase, but I do change position a lot but maybe the hardness of the foldable
floor chair (I play games on the floor, no furniture), sort of messed up my posture.

hey you know now my shoulder/arm hurts less, I can move it without feeling intense pain,
well still a little. but ya, no more late night marathons. this pain really messed up the day. >.<

Dangerous55
Jun 18, 2008, 03:31 PM
Go pitch a 9 inning game. You'll be fine.

SStrikerR
Jun 18, 2008, 03:39 PM
Or get a hammer and break one of your legs. You'll force the painful zombies out from your arm. (But then they'll be in your leg)

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 18, 2008, 03:42 PM
Change your name to Ben Sheets.

Seriously Saner, what the Hell are you worrying about? Sitting at a computer for hours on end will get you stiff from not moving. Are you knew to playing video games for hours on end?

ABDUR101
Jun 18, 2008, 03:54 PM
It's pretty sad when you're getting injured sitting on your ass and barely moving.

Go outside, go for a walk; other than the one to take a piss and see whats in the fridge. Muscle mass doesn't take long the deteriorate, you'd be surprised.

Saner
Jun 18, 2008, 04:11 PM
I played hours on end sometimes for years. I never got this stiffness/pain;/whatever.

Dangerous55
Jun 18, 2008, 04:49 PM
I played hours on end sometimes for years. I never got this stiffness/pain;/whatever.

It caught up with you. Go see a doctor.

Also, get fresh air.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 18, 2008, 04:55 PM

There are a number of things that can cause your shoulder to get screwed up, the full details of each, I am unaware of. I know that sleeping on your shoulder can make it sore. There are other things that are more serious though, like cysts, infections, atrophy, and so on. If you've been sleeping on your shoulder, then refrain from doing so tonight. Your shoulder should be better (though still not perfect) in the morning, if this was the problem. If it's still exceptionally painful by that time, then I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with your physician-- these problems can get quite serious, and from time to time, it's nice to be able to lift your arm.

Sord
Jun 18, 2008, 04:56 PM
Okay, may I ask why the hell you are coming to a game forum for medical advice.

Well, anyways, best thing you can do is continue icing it, do a few easy stretches each day, and find yourself a chiropractor.

Split
Jun 18, 2008, 07:55 PM
enjoy your carpal tunnel and arthritis club sandwhich