PDA

View Full Version : FFVersus XIII on hold until FFXIII is complete

Saner
Jun 18, 2008, 04:08 PM
looks like its behind schedule

http://www.forever-fantasy.net/index.php

now the entire versus XIII is helping the rest complete FFXIII.

so it looks like FFXIII will be coming no later than next year. :D

Out_Kast
Jun 18, 2008, 04:12 PM
*dramatic NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*
*falls on hands and knees*
*weeps*

Aah well. That means I'll have time to finish one before I start the other :wacko:

Saner
Jun 18, 2008, 04:17 PM
^^ well its a really good thing they decided to do this, we don't want another super long
period of wait like FF12. :p

Kent
Jun 18, 2008, 04:19 PM
Final Fantasy XII was worth it, though. Let's hope this one is, too.

Saner
Jun 18, 2008, 04:21 PM
ya FFXII is superb! *boots FFX out window*

the FFXIII team REALLY wants to surpass FFXII so I'm sure they'll succeed.

AC9breaker
Jun 18, 2008, 06:56 PM
What I'm really liking about FFXIII is that it seems to have a bit of that cyber punk feel I loved from FFVII so much going for it. I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Also it seems like we're gonna be getting some new trailers for the games soon since SE is having that private party.

Split
Jun 18, 2008, 07:42 PM
versus looks better tho...i guess XIII is the one that establishes the universe and versus is the one that expands on it. they both take place in fabula crystalla whatever whatever right?

Toadthroat
Jun 18, 2008, 09:13 PM
versus looks better tho...i guess XIII is the one that establishes the universe and versus is the one that expands on it. they both take place in fabula crystalla whatever whatever right?

Sorta. Fabula Crystalla is the series they're creating with with FFXIII that is supposed to span 10 years or so of game.
But FFXIII and Vs. take place in two completely different worlds. Versus is sort of an Alternate Reality/Dimension take on that story that XIII is supposed to tell.
Hence why they chose the word Versus, which means a turnaround or different direction or sommat.

Saner
Jun 19, 2008, 07:05 AM
ign.com reports that Nomura says besides the show in august, more info will be revealed
in October.

Kylie
Jun 19, 2008, 11:47 AM
Aah well. That means I'll have time to finish one before I start the other :wacko:
My thought exactly. :-) I'd be overwhelmed if I got two at one time.

SubstanceD
Jun 19, 2008, 01:48 PM
Are we reading the same post. I just clicked on the link and they are saying that rumours of Final Fantasy Versus XIII is on hold are false. Apparently the guy who broke the story mis-translated somthing.

It would have been strange for the spin off game to be completed before the actual game itself. To be honest the PS3 FF games are so far way on the horizon that I won't start giving a damn untill I get release dates.

UnderscoreX
Jun 19, 2008, 03:39 PM
It was a mistranslation apparently, he just meant that when available the versus XIII team help out. He probably just exaggerated the point and everyone freaked out because that was basically the first FFXIII news in a long while. I still highly doubt they will be released within 6 months of eachother, that just wouldn't be smart from a business standpoint.