PDA

View Full Version : It .hack actually going to be online or is it an offline MMP

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jan 25, 2003, 05:41 PM
I keep hearing from different sources it's going to be offline, and I keep hearing from different sources it will be online. Which will it be?

amoralist
Jan 25, 2003, 06:26 PM
.Hack takes place in your ordinary RPG realm. In .Hack, there is a popular MMORPG called "The World." Once the story starts rolling, you plays as a character in "The World," but remain offline in our real world.

Ian D
Jan 25, 2003, 06:27 PM
It's a game that you are playing as if you were in a MMORPG, but it is totally offline. Sort of a game inside of a game.

Auracom
Jan 25, 2003, 06:47 PM
AH thats retarded! Should have been online! argh *curses and slams fists on ground*

RavenTW
Jan 25, 2003, 07:28 PM
Think Megaman Battle Network for a non-portable console. That's pretty much what .hack is shaping up to be.

Mike
Jan 25, 2003, 08:28 PM
Heheh.

It's an online game, offline!

hucasts_rock
Jan 25, 2003, 11:21 PM
an online game offline? whoah...that's confusing if you don't give it much thought!

Sciler
Jan 27, 2003, 03:18 PM
.Hack is very...odd

I got a free demo of it from work, and well, it plays just like an online game, like PSO for instance, but its entirely off line. When you "log out" of "The World" you go onto a main screen like where you could check email and a message board, and both get updates and responses and whatnot, its very very odd....but intriguing to say the least. The demo was hard to get entirely into tho because things were blocked off that i wanted to use/see, but ah well