PDA

View Full Version : Pizza

Blitzkommando
Jun 19, 2008, 01:21 AM
Oh, how I loathe pizza. The amount of grease on any of the chains' pizzas is disgusting. Revolting even. Papa John's, Dominos, Donatos, you name it they are all grease-coated doughy abominations.

I love cheese. I love meat. Pepperoni, sausage, et cetera I love them. Mushrooms I love them. And, hey, I love bread too. But somehow they manage to put those together into such a disgusting pile of grease that it always results in pain for my stomach.

I have nothing against people that love pizza. That's completely fine. However, please, does any gathering involving persons under the age of 30 need to have it? I realize it's cheap, but really now can you not go for something different or provide options such as pizza and subs would be great and still cheap. Plus subs are at least marginally healthier than pizza, so long as it's not a pizza sub.

I guess my point simply put, some people can't eat pizza and get away with it. Whenever I have it the results aren't pretty and I usually end up with stomach cramps (on top of other symptoms) for hours after eating it. So, finally, don't assume everyone under the age of 30 loves pizza because not all of us can eat it without it causing problems.

I should concede that this applies to overly greasy fast foods of any type though. Taco Bell does this to me as well while other 'authentic' Mexican restaurants do not cause those problems. Sometimes burgers do it to me but surprisingly enough I can handle a Big Mac or Whopper just fine. For whatever reason my body really does not like pizza.

A bit of a ramble, but hey, it's not often one hears of a 20 year old college student that refuses to eat pizza I suppose.

EphekZ
Jun 19, 2008, 01:53 AM
I don't know, it's not that bad :wacko:
and the reason people use it for parties etc, is because you can serve a lot of people for a lot less money, even than if you were to use subs. All about the money, bro.

Darkly
Jun 19, 2008, 06:47 AM
after working at pizza hut uk im pretty much put off it for life. - its the smells that got to me, the saltyness i can handle.

godamm my uniform smells of the smell now and its creeping into my room eguhhh.

Schubalts
Jun 19, 2008, 08:30 AM
he saltyness i can handle.

Salty...pizza?

Kent
Jun 19, 2008, 08:45 AM
Try making your own. Use croissant dough as the crust - it works out really well.

SabZero
Jun 19, 2008, 08:49 AM
Yes, homemade pizza > everything

If you don't want grease, use mozarella cheese. We use Edam, with a load of vegetables beneath on a wholegrian selfmade dough :)

Solstis
Jun 19, 2008, 09:05 AM
I like eating pizza, but I can hardly stand how my fingers pick up the pizza odor afterwards. Washing usually doesn't help very much. Then I start, I dunno, smelling it in my hair (my hair does not actually smell like pizza, I just can still smell it for some reason). Ugh.

Sord
Jun 19, 2008, 09:12 AM
we usually avoid pizza at parties, because me and my friends are just sick of the stuff. Every now and then we might get it, but usually for a party we'll just grab some cheap cold subs and melt down velveeta for chili cheese dip.

Zorafim
Jun 19, 2008, 09:38 AM
I want to know where all the grease comes from. Is there a grease producing microbe that lives in the cheese? Or perhaps the tomato sauce is a mixture of cheese and pig grease? Either way, it's amazing anyone can eat that stuff without their stomach turning.

SabZero
Jun 19, 2008, 09:47 AM
The grease comes from the cook putting it on! Grease on dough, grease on topping, grease on cheese after baking.

There's spray cans with grease. Animal fat makes food sweeter, which makes the consumer want more.

Edit: you can prove this by making your own. Not even putting very fatty pepperoni on should make it *that* greasy.

Sord
Jun 19, 2008, 10:10 AM
I find that certain oven pizzas (usually of the thinner varieties) tend to have far less grease then a restraunt. California Pizza Kitchen also does a good job of making pizza that isn't greasy as hell.

Chipotle Chicken is awesome imo. Who needs grease when you have lime cream sauce <3
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z121/feisord/chipotle_chicken.jpg

They also have some good vegetarian ones.

MetaZedlen
Jun 19, 2008, 10:12 AM
Other than super greasy pepperoni, I could probably live off of pizza for a very long time, being that it is my favorite food, cheap, and I can put away so much of it without any problems (unless I eat too much...).

stukasa
Jun 19, 2008, 11:12 AM
I love pizza but don't like grease, so if I get one that's overly greasy I just dab it with a couple napkins until most of the extra grease is gone. Problem solved! I actually don't mind the grease that much, I just prefer not to eat it.

ABDUR101
Jun 19, 2008, 11:45 AM
Yeah, definitely goto a mom and pop's local restaurant that has the thinner pizzas. My family mentions Pizza Hut or anything and I'm like "You guys can get what you want, I'll just eat something else". Pizza Hut is good, in the sense that I like the texture and all that, but the grease is way too much for my gut to handle.

I haven't eaten Pizza Hut or any other major chain of pizza in years. Locally we have a Brother's Pizza chain, they have some really nice thin crust pizzas that are nice and crispy, really cuts down on the grease and any bad 'movements' for the evening.

I'm not big on pizza in general though either, I like nice home-cooked meals as opposed to take-out. It's a nice treat on occassion when you suddenly feel like eating something specific(chinese, KFC, a Whopper, etc).

Kylie
Jun 19, 2008, 11:52 AM
I love pizza. I was just saying last night that I'll eat pizza from anywhere as long as it as good toppings, and I can't recall ever having a completely awful slice of it. It does make me feel like crap if I have too much though. :lol: Like last night, I had Pizza Hut and ate too much; I thought I was gonna die.

Sekani
Jun 19, 2008, 12:09 PM
I hate pizza; me being allergic to cheese probably has something to do with that though.

Nai_Calus
Jun 19, 2008, 01:53 PM
I can't eat even take & bake pizza anymore after being utterly and completely spoiled by frozen spinach pizza and fresh single-person goat cheese pizza from Trader Joe's. The stuff from those places is just pure grease to me now.

I used to love Cici's pizza when we had one near us, though. Especially the spinach alfredo. But even the pepperoni was good, because their pizza was nice and thin. Distinct lack of OH GOD GREASE.

But yeah, spoiled by Trader Joe's. I should know better than to get anything from there, it always spoils stuff from other places for me. <_>

Seority
Jun 19, 2008, 02:38 PM
I hate pizza; me being allergic to cheese probably has something to do with that though.

No wonder you're cranky all the time. ;>_>

{ Pizza > Life }

Sord
Jun 19, 2008, 02:41 PM
not all thin crust pizzas lack grease though. We have a local St. Louis place called "Imo's" that serves very thin crust pizza, but somehow they manage to make the cheese and meat pretty greasy.

Darkly
Jun 19, 2008, 05:27 PM
lol we spray - in pizza hut of course - tarrant spray oil on the tray for italian dough.

its pan thats worse - pumps of oil for every pizza. like 30ml for a medium pan pizza is why its always so greasy. think fried bread people.

oh and for the salty comment - its just that pretty mcuh every pizza hut ingredient has ridonkulous salt contents especially in the cheese and thats pretty much all i can taste now.

ABDUR101
Jun 19, 2008, 05:43 PM
Salty food means more drinks, if you're eating out somewhere and are sucking down your beverage, thats pretty much more money in their pockets.

Sekani
Jun 19, 2008, 06:12 PM
No wonder you're cranky all the time. ;>_>
.... am NOT. :-x

Seority
Jun 20, 2008, 05:34 AM
Tee hee!
^^

Delete
Jun 24, 2008, 09:15 PM
Wait, pizza is cheap. Where do you people live?

SpikeOtacon
Jun 24, 2008, 09:46 PM
Pizza is still the food I can turn to any day of the week. That, and Chinese. I guess I can still afford to abuse my stomach a bit.

Jainsea
Jun 24, 2008, 11:21 PM
I <3 pizza, but yea I hear your reasoning. I make my own sometimes and I never use pepperoni for a topping its a greasy meat :T I buy a small portion of lean grounded meat( try even turkey :p ) cook and season to my taste, drain any grease, sauce the dough and meat it up^^ then drown in cheese :3 mine doesn't come out greasy at all, but it is time consuming. ^^;
And I have a semi iron stomach :p
Pizza with no sauce isn't that bad either ^^