PDA

View Full Version : Pineapple Express

DLShAdOw
Jun 20, 2008, 12:36 AM
The other day I was skipping class or something like that, when I was approached by a nice lady who gave me a free ticket to an advance screening of the upcoming movie Pineapple Express. It had a 1-800 number on the ticket where you would call and leave your name and age and your guests name and age and stuff and I had never been to an advance screening before so I was a little bit wary, and I didn't know what to expect.

Anyways, I went and saw the movie tonight and it is probably one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I can only describe it as an action-stoner-comedy and it is just so good. And when I say that don't think of like Harold and Kumar, even though it is kind of similar it is WAY better than the Harold and Kumar movies.

The crowd was also just really into it. There were tons of laugh-out-loud moments and they even broke into applause a few times during the movie. Bottom line: go see it when it comes out August 8th!

Trailer. (http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/pineappleexpress/high.html)

EphekZ
Jun 20, 2008, 12:38 AM
Fuck Yes. I saw this trailer LAST YEAR. I've been waiting ever since. With the people in it, Seth Rogan etc, I knew it'd be good.

NPCMook
Jun 20, 2008, 02:54 AM
several things stop me from even considering liking this movie... SETH ROGAN AND JUDD APATOW

EphekZ
Jun 20, 2008, 02:55 AM
What!? How can you not like him? That man is a genius.

SubstanceD
Jun 20, 2008, 02:24 PM
I've actually been hearing great things about this movie. Apparently Seth Rogan and james Franco have amazing chemistry togther.

Eihwaz
Jun 20, 2008, 03:02 PM
I'm immediately drawn to the idea of a stoner action film, and I'd definitely like to go see this at some point.

Dangerous55
Jun 20, 2008, 04:10 PM
They should just make a Freaks and Geeks movie.

NPCMook
Jun 20, 2008, 09:03 PM
What!? How can you not like him? That man is a genius.
Because Judd Apatow has to simply cram as many penis jokes into his writing as possible, most of his writing is pretty tasteless, and childish

Toadthroat
Jun 20, 2008, 10:12 PM
To be fair. Penis jokes are pretty funny.