PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Mania !!!

eXo
Jun 20, 2008, 10:27 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6192778.html?tag=latestnews;title;4

MGS4 boosts PS3 sales in Japan

Guns of the Patriots shoots to the number one spot in the Land of the Rising Sun, shifts just under 500,000 in its first week on sale.

By Emma Boyes, GameSpot UK
Posted Jun 20, 2008 3:34 am PT

It wasn't quite a million sold on day one, but Konami must still be quite pleased with last week's sales figures in Japan for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

After going on sale in the country on June 12, the game debuted at the top of the software charts for the week of June 9-15. So far, 464,926 copies of MGS4 have been sold, which means that it's almost halfway to Konami's milestone.

Hideo Kojima's PlayStation 3 exclusive also boosted sales of the console itself. They were up from 10,856 the week before by almost seven times to 75,311.

Two special editions of Guns of the Patriots were released in Japan: the MGS4 Premium Pack, and the PS3 MGS4 Welcome Box. The Premium Pack includes the "very" limited-edition gunmetal PS3 along with the game, and retails at ¥51,800 ($481). The PS3 MGS4 Welcome Box is simply the game plus a Dual Shock controller in ceramic white, black, or satin silver and retails at ¥63,800 ($593).

The second-best-selling console of the week ending June 15 was the PlayStation Portable, still buoyed by Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G sales (released on March 27, and currently number five in the chart), which clocked in 64,675 units. The Wii was next with 45,564, followed by the DS Lite with 39,201, the PlayStation 2 with 7,297, and the Xbox 360 with 2,163.

Shadowpawn
Jun 20, 2008, 10:52 PM
Poor Xbox 360. I saw this earlier in the week. It's not surprising judging by the reviews I've read. They make it out to be the best game ever made, seriously.

eXo
Jun 20, 2008, 11:28 PM
Poor Xbox 360. I saw this earlier in the week. It's not surprising judging by the reviews I've read. They make it out to be the best game ever made, seriously.

Yea they do in under most circumstance i would really downgrade that suggestion however after playing it for awhile now,I honestly cant recall any game ever looking this good visually on a console without cutting corners on another visual aspect of the game.

I constantly find myself staring at snake assuming that i am still looking at a cutscene !!! i have pretty much all of the highly praised console games on every system, and it's not until i played MGS4 that i am now starting to feel like it's actually next generation gaming.

The best way to discribe it is that feeling that you got when you saw Super Mario 64 for the first time it simply makes you sit back and say wow videogames have come along way.