PDA

View Full Version : NBA sues Ex- Ref

eXo
Jun 21, 2008, 04:40 PM
NBA to Donaghy: Pay for your shoes

5 hours, 30 minutes ago
Buzz Up
Print

NEW YORK (AP)—The NBA is so angry at disgraced referee Tim Donaghy that it wants him to reimburse the league for the cost of his basketball shoes.

The NBA said in a court filing it spent $750 over three seasons to buy sneakers for Donaghy, who pleaded guilty last year to taking payoffs from gamblers.

Now, the league wants its money back. It also wants a court to force the referee to repay his salary, his airfare expenses and meal allowances, and cough up at least $4,500 for complimentary tickets he received over the years. All told, the league is seeking $1.4 million from Donaghy.

The written demand was filed Thursday at a federal court in Brooklyn.

Donaghy’s attorney has called the league’s demands an attempt to retaliate against his client for alleging widespread misconduct by NBA executives and employees.

Donaghy has admitted betting on about half the games he officiated for three seasons, beginning in 2003.

Dangerous55
Jun 21, 2008, 05:37 PM
The NBA can never win back the giant crater it has in its reputation now. At least for me.

I don't watch basketball, but now I really don't care for football either after the Patriots BS. They should have their titles taken away whenever that coach of theirs was with them.

eXo
Jun 22, 2008, 10:39 AM
The NBA can never win back the giant crater it has in its reputation now. At least for me.

I don't watch basketball, but now I really don't care for football either after the Patriots BS. They should have their titles taken away whenever that coach of theirs was with them.

Yea i basically stopped believeing in legit sports once baseball was exposed.

Dangerous55
Jun 22, 2008, 12:01 PM
Yea i basically stopped believeing in legit sports once baseball was exposed.

I still believe baseball. For one you can pretty much tell who is on 'roids. Another, it takes much more than being big to hit a 95 MPH fast ball.

eXo
Jun 22, 2008, 01:23 PM
I still believe baseball. For one you can pretty much tell who is on 'roids. Another, it takes much more than being big to hit a 95 MPH fast ball.

it's hard to determine who is on staroids in baseball look at clemons he is old and fat he was always good so for him to play well at his age didnt seem funny at all however he was on the juice, basically i have concluded that just about everyone in baseball is on steroids except KG Jr
because he is injured way to often to be on steroids.

baseball is no longer a sport :nono:

Dangerous55
Jun 22, 2008, 02:13 PM
basically i have concluded that just about everyone in baseball is on steroids [/b]

No.

Name one Phillie who is on steroids.

I only pick them because I know them the best, but "everyone in baseball"? Not even close man.

Like I said though, being a giant muscular dude isn't exactly a huge part of baseball.

eXo
Jun 23, 2008, 12:45 AM
No.

Name one Phillie who is on steroids.

I only pick them because I know them the best, but "everyone in baseball"? Not even close man.

Like I said though, being a giant muscular dude isn't exactly a huge part of baseball.

The thing with baseball is also this pretty much every record set imho is now null and void, i mean i could see if it was limited to only a few dozen or so players but the fact is unless the league goes back and adjust all of the home runs from the sosa,mcquire era and then then the bonds going back to when he was suspected of doping, then do the same with clemons even look into randy johnson etc ... once they address that issue then they must begin to tst new players like A- rod and the gang for roids + a lie detector test unless this happens im going to assume that they were all and some still are on the juice cream or something else.

of course this is never going to happen so although my opinions dont even weight a dime in the mlb society it has forever lost me as considering it a true sport.it's a reason that it is called americas past-time.

and thats because in the past it was still a sport..

Dangerous55
Jun 23, 2008, 12:00 PM
The thing is they make a huge deal about those records but in the end they don't mean much anyway.

To the game that is.

Swinging for the fences is not a way to win baseball games.

It is still a very difficult game, and nobody on my favorite team is roiding. Thus, I enjoy it.