PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea 3. where are the prinnies?

Saner
Jun 21, 2008, 05:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwgxstWwx2k

oh wait is this going only to a portable? I dunno.

Dangerous55
Jun 21, 2008, 05:41 PM
If I posted as many topics as you do a day, since 2001, I'd have broken the internet.

On topic. I never played any of those games. I wish I had though. Too bad I sold my PS2.

Saner
Jun 21, 2008, 05:48 PM
the first one was great, but after that it was kinda excessive. I dunno the theme just
doesn't have a long lasting flavor to it. :p

Abashi76
Jun 21, 2008, 06:05 PM
I loved the other two, when is it coming out, and for what system? Their may be a release for Wii, I think that system may accept last gen tech, I think ...

Saner
Jun 21, 2008, 06:08 PM
oh wow, I heard it's coming to PS3, pretty good. now if only more SRPGs (like Bleach 3rd Phantom) came to consoles :p

Toadthroat
Jun 21, 2008, 06:22 PM
It came out for the PS3 in Japan a while ago? Why PS3 for a simple 2d/3d sprite based game? I have no idea.

Saner
Jun 21, 2008, 06:43 PM
um, a console games doesn't need to utilize the system's full power to deserve being
available on that console.

the wii, psn, and xbox360 marketplaces are proof that people are willing to play retro games
on next-gen consoles. and most of them are more fun than games with Mass Effect graphics. :p

Toadthroat
Jun 21, 2008, 06:52 PM
Except the game could easily have been put on a PS2, a system that A LOT more people have than the PS3.

Abashi76
Jun 22, 2008, 10:06 AM
Except the game could easily have been put on a PS2, a system that A LOT more people have than the PS3.

Yah, way too low tech for PS3. Perhaps Wii would be ok, PSP may work even.

Katrina
Jun 22, 2008, 12:30 PM
I love SRPG's and Disgaea, but Nippon Ichi's been getting progressively more over the top when it comes to designing and adding features. It looks like he's trying to appeal to the 'big numbars' big effects, 1001 different uber ways to obliterate the game board players, rather then focusing on the roots of the SRPG, which is strategy.

I wish a designer would go back to the roots of the genre, and make a challenging fantasy SRPG, without all the fluff. The only strategy in a lot of the newer SRPG's is deciding which uber attack to use to annihilate the board. :(