PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Universe Needs To Get Harder

THE_HEETHER
Jun 22, 2008, 03:05 AM
Hey I was thinking psu is getting to easy there is no challenge any more i don't want to start a fight with anyone on this thread i just want to see if anyone else thinks the same Btw I'm not someone who has all 50% or 10/10 weapons

A2K
Jun 22, 2008, 03:18 AM
I suppose we could get a decent discussion to come out of this, but you haven't given us much to start with. Why do you think it's easy?

Myself? I don't think there are enough meseta sinks. People have more money than they know what to do with. Missions become a breeze in larger parties. Playing solo or with one or two other people seems to feel the most balanced to me.

Hunters got a much deserved boost after the expansion was released, but as they moved forward forces and rangers were left behind and became somewhat marginalized. I don't feel the game should become extensively complex but adding another "layer" to rangers and forces as exact (a.k.a. just) attacks and counters did for hunters would be quite welcome.

Adding some sort of "hardcore" difficulty would be tricky, though, as the rewards for participating would have to be appropriately balanced somehow. Otherwise people are just going to run back to White Beast (a.k.a. the new Lab Recovery, Crimson Beast, et al.) when they want to actually build up capital.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 22, 2008, 03:33 AM
Cue Enzyte advertisement.

Vent
Jun 22, 2008, 03:55 AM
6 player party --> 4 player party

The more the merrier, sure, but the missions just isn't for 6 players. You'll just be walking through it with so much ease, that you barely feel you're playing. Just throw a few PAs at each spawn and you're done.

Iduno
Jun 22, 2008, 03:55 AM
I thik before we talk about harder modes we need some way to get people to play them instead of taking one look bawwwwing about the difficulty and buggering off back to white beast :(

I personaly would go for a blanket increase in difficulty accross all missions, true it might upset the noobs but it would be the only way to get a party while still having a challenge

xBladeM6x
Jun 22, 2008, 03:56 AM
This game does not need to be harder. It is fine the way it is. The only suggestion that i have heard on these forums that makes any sense, about the game's difficulty, is more people in the party should mean higher level monsters.

But even then, The missions are not made to be uber hard. They are meant to be huntable by soloing. Therefore resulting in "easy mode" when in a party.

What people usually miss about the whole concept of the party making a mission easier is that, when in a party... the "ultra rarz" are not guaranteed to you. Soloing is the only time that happens. Unless you have cool friends who don't mind. :D

Nitro Vordex
Jun 22, 2008, 04:13 AM
Two words.

Ultimate difficulty.

EMPYREAN
Jun 22, 2008, 04:18 AM
we just need enemys whit 15-20 Lvs higher than the player caps and the challenge will come by its self and the game will IMO become more fun to play.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 22, 2008, 04:20 AM
How about you people stop doing White Beast runs to get the level cap, maybe you won't be so bored. Sheesh. -_-;

Indica
Jun 22, 2008, 04:24 AM
I used to be scared of Desert Terror A when I was under LV50. Now I solo S2 no problem.

This game defiantly needs to get harder.

ashley50
Jun 22, 2008, 05:02 AM
it was kinda hard before we got the Stat update ;l

Darsh
Jun 22, 2008, 06:11 AM
Honestly ,

If they make it harder, theres going to be someone who will cry that it is too hard. What i think you need to do is think about exactly what is an enjoyable game experience for yourself. If useing a couple scape dolls a mission turns you on and makes you think that the game is harder, then go solo some missions on S rank. This thread is just asking for negativity from people. I hope it gets locked before any crazyness starts happening.

Ezodagrom
Jun 22, 2008, 06:14 AM
My opinion for a rebalance in all missions would be something like this (posted in another topic too ^^;)
C - between lvl 5+ and lvl 20+ monsters
B - between lvl 25+ and lvl 45+
A - between lvl 50+ and lvl 95+
S - between lvl 100+ and lvl 145+
S2 - between lvl 150+ and...dunno 175+? 200+?

If someone wants to solo and thinks that lvl 150+ monsters is too much, there's always S missions with lvl 100+ >.>
Also, the S2 v1 missions (lvl 150+) would have to be aoi only...like HSM S and Bruce Dungeon S, those 2 are also aoi only...

shadowsniper6
Jun 22, 2008, 06:16 AM
they should have a mission that you fight all the bosses one after another non-stop and you can only have 2 people in that mission XD that would be fun! or hard for some people lol

Ezodagrom
Jun 22, 2008, 06:23 AM
they should have a mission that you fight all the bosses one after another non-stop and you can only have 2 people in that mission XD that would be fun! or hard for some people lol

That would be funny, but that would also make everyone ignore most of the other missions, everyone would just spam that mission like TTF on pso...:/

shadowsniper6
Jun 22, 2008, 06:26 AM
That would be funny, but that would also make everyone ignore most of the other missions, everyone would just spam that mission like TTF on pso...:/

well maybe if they little exp you know maybe just for mp like 250 or some thing and no boss boxes lol but do you know how long that would take if you had to fight every boss(like 10 min lol) ( i would love it lol)

Alastor_Haven
Jun 22, 2008, 06:53 AM
Make it like D2

Whenever someone joins

The monster gets stronger

Broodstar1337
Jun 22, 2008, 06:53 AM
How about you people stop doing White Beast runs to get the level cap, maybe you won't be so bored. Sheesh. -_-;

Tried it and still got bored. PSU is just a bad game.

Vent
Jun 22, 2008, 06:57 AM
Honestly ,

If they make it harder, theres going to be someone who will cry that it is too hard. What i think you need to do is think about exactly what is an enjoyable game experience for yourself. If useing a couple scape dolls a mission turns you on and makes you think that the game is harder, then go solo some missions on S rank. This thread is just asking for negativity from people. I hope it gets locked before any crazyness starts happening.

There wasn't any negativity in this thread till now...honestly?

There is nothing wrong with critics, it's what makes a decision (if there will be one) better. The people who will find it too hard need to point out their opinions and use arguments.

Also solo'ing isn't a solution, if you want to solo, you're better off with another game, unless you enjoy it of course. But that's only for a handful of individuals.

shadowsniper6
Jun 22, 2008, 07:11 AM
There wasn't any negativity in this thread till now...honestly?

There is nothing wrong with critics, it's what makes a decision (if there will be one) better. The people who will find it too hard need to point out their opinions and use arguments.

Also solo'ing isn't a solution, if you want to solo, you're better off with another game, unless you enjoy it of course. But that's only for a handful of individuals.

well you can solo in this game

Iduno
Jun 22, 2008, 07:13 AM
well you can solo in this game

but then you may as well play a dedicated single player game that does it better like devil may cry or something

shadowsniper6
Jun 22, 2008, 07:16 AM
but then you may as well play a dedicated single player game that does it better like devil may cry or something

do you solo at this game at anytime?
and i see you point but i get booted a lot for many reason so i solo 80% of the time

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 22, 2008, 07:20 AM
a good way to avoid being booted is to form your own party even if its random cuz i know how you feel about the nub-booters aka boss box booters (you all know who you are)

shadowsniper6
Jun 22, 2008, 07:25 AM
a good way to avoid being booted is to form your own party even if its random cuz i know how you feel about the nub-booters aka boss box booters (you all know who you are)

i do have my own parties but no one ever joins and i am ending up solo
and when i do join parties i get booted : at boss boxes,my name starts with a K, i lvl up and am now 1 lvl higher than leader...., for having 0% weapons ...., having 20 lvl 40 arts .... i get booted for stupid reasons.... they even tell me why i get booted before i get booted ...(my fav one is omg its chaosknight he killed me in COD4 your booted)

Vent
Jun 22, 2008, 07:45 AM
(my fav one is omg its chaosknight he killed me in COD4 your booted)

Haha, CoD4, serious business.

Brainwrecked
Jun 22, 2008, 08:27 AM
The game might need a difficulty boost, but it should come from a boost in enemy AI. As it stands now, all enemies have the same assortment of simple patterns and cheap combos. Difficulty adjustment is achieved in slowing down (C) and speeding up (S2) the enemies. Enemy focus is on the first attacker, latest attacker, or randomized.

Ezodagrom
Jun 22, 2008, 08:34 AM
The game might need a difficulty boost, but it should come from a boost in enemy AI. As it stands now, all enemies have the same assortment of simple patterns and cheap combos. Difficulty adjustment is achieved in slowing down (C) and speeding up (S2) the enemies. Enemy focus is on the first attacker, latest attacker, or randomized.

That would be amazing, those changes on bosses would be even better ^^
The boost in enemies lvls is also important though...Right now we have the v1 missions with monsters between lvl 80 and 115 on S2, that's 15 to 50 lvls below our lvl cap and 35 to 70 lvls below the jp cap >.>

Vent
Jun 22, 2008, 08:43 AM
Weren't S-rank mission enemies too fast at the start? It was a few months after the game launched. If I remember correctly, the complaint was that the enemies in S-rank missions were moving way too fast. You end up exchanging hits. It was slowed down after that.
Anyway, try doing a lot of S-rank missions, then going to C. You'll notice that they're slower by a lot! So I doubt making them ridiculously slow would help much overall.

I like the enemies at the moment. They differ a lot from each other, much better than in PSO. PSU has the regular monsters, while PSO has the epic bosses. You're right about new AI though. I don't know if it will make the game too hard. If you look at Lonely Laboratory, those monsters pack a punch. I think if you give them better AI, like if you give those sorcerers the script to teleport away if someone is near, you'll make them too hard. So if you want to implant that, you'll need to adjust the enemy stats. I doubt Sega will do so much work for it.

Brainwrecked
Jun 22, 2008, 09:22 AM
Weren't S-rank mission enemies too fast at the start? It was a few months after the game launched. If I remember correctly, the complaint was that the enemies in S-rank missions were moving way too fast. You end up exchanging hits. It was slowed down after that.

Yes. I believe the major complaint about the speed is that you couldn't escape, so it became a brute-force who-was-stronger contest. Throw in the cheap combos that you can't get out of once one hit lands. Frustrating times.

Anyway, try doing a lot of S-rank missions, then going to C. You'll notice that they're slower by a lot! So I doubt making them ridiculously slow would help much overall.

That was my point -- enemies on C are slower than enemies on S2 and this is almost the sole way PSU increases difficulty. I don't want all mission ranks to have C-rank-slow enemies. I would like to see S-rank-speed on all ranks, but have C-rank enemies near-retarded and S2-rank enemies start handing you your ass over just about every tactical mistake.

C - enemies are retarded
B - enemies have a learning disability
A - enemies have average intelligence
S - enemies have basic military combat training
S2 - enemies have specialized military combat training

If you look at Lonely Laboratory, those monsters pack a punch. I think if you give them better AI, like if you give those sorcerers the script to teleport away if someone is near, you'll make them too hard. So if you want to implant that, you'll need to adjust the enemy stats. I doubt Sega will do so much work for it.

Always teleporting when players are near would be Nintendo Hard. You could give the wizards a forced-delay in teleport so that players would have some time to get some hits in. Make it just long enough so the player can use most (but not all) PAs that can knock an enemy down. But don't make it too long because we also have Freeze spells and traps that would make it much easier.

This would force players to use strategy. Instead, we mash X or Y to a rhythm and heal when necessary.

Ezodagrom
Jun 22, 2008, 09:46 AM
That was my point -- enemies on C are slower than enemies on S2 and this is almost the sole way PSU increases difficulty. I don't want all mission ranks to have C-rank-slow enemies. I would like to see S-rank-speed on all ranks, but have C-rank enemies near-retarded and S2-rank enemies start handing you your ass over just about every tactical mistake.

C - enemies are retarded
B - enemies have a learning disability
A - enemies have average intelligence
S - enemies have basic military combat training
S2 - enemies have specialized military combat training

Other than the AI, about the speed, I think would be better for enemies to be slower on C rank, and with every higher rank they are faster, instead of having S-rank speed on all ranks...
Slow enemies on C, a little faster on B and A, fast enemies on S, and even faster on S2.

Abashi76
Jun 22, 2008, 09:52 AM
An S3 comes to mind?

NosajX7
Jun 22, 2008, 09:55 AM
simple way to make things more interesting: take scape dolls and buff items out of shops.

It would give support forces a reason to exist without fully taking away those items. They would actually be worth something then!

deadpool612
Jun 22, 2008, 10:32 AM
this game has been getting way to easy... you can solo every mission... unless you need someone for buttons. only thing i want to come back for is to lv PAs and get a great pallet again. sure isnt for a challenge lol

Brainwrecked
Jun 22, 2008, 10:35 AM
Slow enemies on C, a little faster on B and A, fast enemies on S, and even faster on S2.

Which is what we have now.

Shou
Jun 22, 2008, 10:45 AM
When I saw that in AoI that all the enemies were going to lose like half their original HP i was kinda like..... Hmm.... OOOOOOKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY. Why?

Vent
Jun 22, 2008, 10:46 AM
An S3 comes to mind?

Just increasing the stats of enemies isn't a good way to increase difficulty in my opinion, it's just too simple. It will probably be plain annoying instead of challenging. Just look at Flyff, they keep adding new big bosses. And what do they say about this boss? IT HAS 2x THE HP OF THE OLD ONE!!!!11 Talking about lazy.

simple way to make things more interesting: take scape dolls and buff items out of shops.

It would give support forces a reason to exist without fully taking away those items. They would actually be worth something then!

Ah yes, that would be awesome, doubt it will happen though, since it involves taking out content.

Ezodagrom
Jun 22, 2008, 10:47 AM
Which is what we have now.
I knew some monsters were faster when lvl 50+ (Vahra - Go Vahra), but do they really get faster on different ranks? (like on B they're faster than on C?) :o

Just increasing the stats of enemies isn't a good way to increase difficulty in my opinion, it's just too simple. It will probably be plain annoying instead of challenging.
But having monsters that die in seconds even soloing and bosses that can die in 30 seconds with a party is just too much (alterazgohg)...

Vent
Jun 22, 2008, 10:49 AM
I knew some monsters were faster when lvl 50+ (Vahra - Go Vahra), but do they really get faster on different ranks? (like on B they're faster than on C?) :o

Yes, go to Sleeping Warriors and watch the Golmoros jump around on different difficulties.

panzer_unit
Jun 22, 2008, 11:05 AM
Do S-rank party missions for hard. Stuff that isn't set up for soloing.

DAMASCUS
Jun 22, 2008, 11:06 AM
If the Illuminus figure out a way to block photon arts...that would be challenging.

*wink wink* challenge mode ;)

Shou
Jun 22, 2008, 11:18 AM
What would forces do then? >.>

Ken_Silver
Jun 22, 2008, 11:26 AM
I think S3 or an S4 would give you all a challenge. This game is hard, we just need "harder" missions. I personally find the game hard enough.

But if you guys want a challenge: throw you guys into a mission with Vandas, Jarbas and Bil De Vears 30 levels higher than you can get. Make it 5 blocks and have the boss at the end the Dimmagoug. Let's see you avoid the Vanda's nest, Ballerina Bil De Vears AND Megid tossing Jarbas.

But since it wouldn't have any "uber rarz" no one will run it. Look at Moatooob. Hardest Planet in the sysytem, yet no one still goes there, unless they are hunting FOI.

Easy is in the eye of the beholder.

Ruru
Jun 22, 2008, 11:39 AM
this game can be easy or hard depending on how you look at it. for one, lets start with soloing. Hunters are usually alot better soloing SOME missions. missions with faster annoying enemies that clobber forces or rangers and dont let you get away fast enough are easier for most hunter types because close combat is what they excel in. like the annoying vanda room in MAG. that was alot easier to solo as AF than it was to solo as fT mainly because the enemies were too fast and there isn't much a force can do in there solo when you have tons of Vanda running at you spamming damfoie and double foie from all directions. even noszonde wouldn't go off fast enough there.

i dont think making enemies faster is gonna help with the "difficulty" of this game. it'll just make things more annoying for certain classes that this game is seemingly neglecting. PSO was hard enough in ultimate and that had nothing to do with speed. it was mostly that everything was ALOT stronger than you and a bit smarter than their lower level counterparts. it would be nice if when things leveled up they actually got a bit smarter, instead of the same old patterns over and over again.

fast moving hard hitting enemies dont make a game hard so much as "this is annoying as hell i'm going back to whitebeast".

i'm not sure who said earlier that they should take out scapes and buff items from the NPC shops so people would have to actually use their support buffs in a party. that may sound good and all but not everyone always has a support type in their party, and even then how often have you played with the biggest support class (being acrotecher) and all they ever do is just spam their stupid whips instead of actually using support techs? my friends have gone so far to call them fortewhippers or acrowhippers. so taking away support items in the NPC shops would be very bad juju.

GaNksTa
Jun 22, 2008, 11:41 AM
I think it would take a while to make the game harder; over time the playerbase will change from casual gamers to more dedicated gamers. It sounds to me that it is the dedicated gamers that want PSU to become harder. So it's either going to be a while before it starts getting hard.. or it won't at all..

hopefromPSO
Jun 22, 2008, 11:57 AM
everyone's stupid ass look on difficulty is stronger enemies with more hp which is just fucking ridiculous due to they would still be just as easy but just have instant death attacks and high defense/hp, thats not difficult thats just annoying. more speed with much more complex attacks would work so much better, like attacks that are dodgeable but diffiult to dodge (like Dark Falz's orb attack or the green thin flat beam Olga Flow fires where you have to move in a constant circle to get away or like that robot that aims the little red aimer thing then fires an instant explosion i think its name was esper or eschaton or even like Anah Deghana's missile attack and Onmagoug's leech looking attack but much worse and does more hits and triple of that for bosses).

Kadajenova
Jun 22, 2008, 12:19 PM
Well PSU is easy cuz of 6 players in a party. I dunno for you, but while MAG on S rank, it was a bit harder with 4 players, especially in the last cave room, with the 1k+ dmg fireballs.

Zarode
Jun 22, 2008, 12:30 PM
If I had my way with this game, I'd just do a PSO-ultimate mode on U1 and U2. :|

Everything has Megid, what already has megid gets MORE megid, everything is overpowered and can probably kill you within the first TWO HITS it gets on you, that you can't escape from due to the enemy being faster then you, and it's attack speed is much much faster then it's normal counterpart, reskin everything to look crazy, change boss skins to look crazy, make their attacks too hard to dodge most of the time, give said attacks annoying status effects, and make the drops HELLA GOOD.

:wacko:

Ruru
Jun 22, 2008, 01:08 PM
so basically if you can live long enough for something to die you get awesome drops for it? sounds good i'll go for it lol.

Iduno
Jun 22, 2008, 01:23 PM
If I had my way with this game, I'd just do a PSO-ultimate mode on U1 and U2. :|

Everything has Megid, what already has megid gets MORE megid, everything is overpowered and can probably kill you within the first TWO HITS it gets on you, that you can't escape from due to the enemy being faster then you, and it's attack speed is much much faster then it's normal counterpart, reskin everything to look crazy, change boss skins to look crazy, make their attacks too hard to dodge most of the time, give said attacks annoying status effects, and make the drops HELLA GOOD.

Sounds cool I'd attempt it

Powder Keg
Jun 22, 2008, 01:32 PM
S3 and higher is the logical choice. Enemy patterns, stats, and other things already went through an overhaul. It's safe to assume that something like that won't be happening again. Make it similar to Ultimate Mode, where it's a HUGE jump in enemy levels, and perhaps give them new skins again if possible. (hell, you could even make the map look different, like night time in Plains Overlord, for example.)

All I'd ask is that it's Ultimate mode like in Gamecube, not Dreamcase retarded where TECHS did 30 damage at level 30 with max MST.

Kylie
Jun 22, 2008, 01:49 PM
Some of it needs to get harder, yes. Some missions are ridiculously hard, while some take no effort at all (if I can stand to solo it, it's too easy :lol:). Also, missions, especially v1 missions, need higher level mobs.

darkante
Jun 22, 2008, 02:17 PM
Some of it needs to get harder, yes. Some missions are ridiculously hard, while some take no effort at all (if I can stand to solo it, it's too easy :lol:). Also, missions, especially v1 missions, need higher level mobs.. AND RARES WORTH HUNTING FOR!.

Fixed it for ya. ;D

Kylie
Jun 22, 2008, 02:19 PM
That was implied. :-P Everyone would win! :D

Mman2000
Jun 22, 2008, 02:22 PM
Here's what a hard mission would look like: and endless nightmare with SEED argines, SEED ardites, Gaozorans, Carriguines, Grinna Betes, Drua Gohras, Bil De Vears, Kamatoze, Kagajibari, Grass Assasins, Jarbas, and Gainozeros. Throw all of those in one mission and the people who complain about a lack of difficulty will STFU pretty quickly.

Ezodagrom
Jun 22, 2008, 02:25 PM
everyone's stupid ass look on difficulty is stronger enemies with more hp which is just fucking ridiculous due to they would still be just as easy but just have instant death attacks and high defense/hp, thats not difficult thats just annoying. more speed with much more complex attacks would work so much better, like attacks that are dodgeable but diffiult to dodge (like Dark Falz's orb attack or the green thin flat beam Olga Flow fires where you have to move in a constant circle to get away or like that robot that aims the little red aimer thing then fires an instant explosion i think its name was esper or eschaton or even like Anah Deghana's missile attack and Onmagoug's leech looking attack but much worse and does more hits and triple of that for bosses).

Even if the AI got a lot better, it wouldn't change that the v1 missions would still have monsters on highest difficulty between lvl 80 and lvl 115...
The jp version already have a lvl 150 cap, doesn't matter how good the AI would be, fighting lvl 80 - 115 monsters at lvl 150 would still be too easy...(even at lvl 130 that's too easy ._.)

darkante
Jun 22, 2008, 02:26 PM
Here's what a hard mission would look like: and endless nightmare with SEED argines, SEED ardites, Gaozorans, Carriguines, Grinna Betes, Drua Gohras, Bil De Vears, Kamatoze, Kagajibari, Grass Assasins, Jarbas, and Gainozeros. Throw all of those in one mission and the people who complain about a lack of difficulty will STFU pretty quickly.

Heh off course, they will just get owned of being disconnected, because of too much lag. :D

Wiz
Jun 22, 2008, 02:32 PM
It's hard to please people in this game, isn't it?

Let's say Sega made the game harder (like it used to be.) Maybe put in a mission like this:

Even if the drops are "HELLA GOOD," people would only spam it for a week or two, then flee back to their precious White Beast. Remember Mother Brain? Of course not, because people don't run that anymore... >.>

So, if Sega keeps the game like this, people will BAWWW about the game being too easy; if they take the above approach, people will either BAWWW about it being too hard or run back to White Beast.

In my opinion, the game has a good balance of easy and hard missions; everyone just has to look past White Beast.

Hucast-Kireek
Jun 22, 2008, 02:43 PM
We will be getting S3 and S4... chill man, this game is hard enough, we are not all monster players and some of us have job and school. And just the fact that the economy and synthing are horrible is reason enough not to complain about the difficulty of the game.

Ezodagrom
Jun 22, 2008, 02:46 PM
In my opinion, the game has a good balance of easy and hard missions; everyone just has to look past White Beast.

Except the missions that have monsters 15 to 50 lvls below the current cap (v1 S2 missions) :3
(On jp it's 35 to 70 lvls below their cap, 150 >.<)
Those definitely need a rebalance or S3 difficulty ^^;

Wiz
Jun 22, 2008, 02:57 PM
Except the missions that have monsters 15 to 50 lvls below the current cap (v1 S2 missions) :3
(On jp it's 35 to 70 lvls below their cap, 150 >.<)
Those definitely need a rebalance or S3 difficulty ^^;
Well, yeah, those need S3s. ^^;

Any idea if we'll ever get those?

Ezodagrom
Jun 22, 2008, 03:27 PM
Well, yeah, those need S3s. ^^;

Any idea if we'll ever get those?

Well, the gms words isn't really trustable, but looks like they said some time ago that there were no plans for S3 missions...If there won't be S3 missions any time soon, I guess another solution would be a rebalance of the v1 missions, so they would have lvl 150+ enemies on S2 ^^;
(of course the other ranks would have to be rebalanced too, for example S having enemies between lvl 100 and 140, depending on the mission).

cheapgunner
Jun 22, 2008, 03:46 PM

I would be the first chump to stare a lv. 300 polty's megid on raffon field. O.o

Middle
Jun 22, 2008, 05:17 PM
Good fix would be that you cant buy scape dolls ... that you only can synth them and find during missions...

and if someone in a mission dies you arent able to get a S-rank....

... but I see no sese in makng the game harder cuz everybody cries out when it tries to ...
just look at the Co_op-missions ... because there is a chance of failure nobody do that missions ... ...

... and S3-S5 are implemented in the game ... but who knows when or if they will be released

Ruru
Jun 22, 2008, 05:37 PM
Good fix would be that you cant buy scape dolls ... that you only can synth them and find during missions...

and if someone in a mission dies you arent able to get a S-rank....

... but I see no sese in makng the game harder cuz everybody cries out when it tries to ...
just look at the Co_op-missions ... because there is a chance of failure nobody do that missions ... ...

... and S3-S5 are implemented in the game ... but who knows when or if they will be released

they had the "if you die you can't get S rank" in there before its a horrible addition and is more annoying than anything not really hard. death = not getting S means you can't bring partner machines or NPC cards since they die so often, and doing any sort of mission with megid involved would just be a complete waste of a run.

as for not having scapes i could almost deal with but i solo all the time as my AF and the occasional fly by megid taking me out without blinking isn't exactly fun. not everyone has a random giresta caster in every party.

and co-op missions were all anyone did on PC/PS2 not too long ago back when they were the best exp/MP you could get. now that they added so many normal free missions with great exp/mp there's no reason to do those co-op missions except for drops

Tek[+]Lok
Jun 22, 2008, 05:45 PM
its an rpg, its not meant o be easy or hard, its simply time consuming.

pikachief
Jun 22, 2008, 07:05 PM
I remember the good ol' days :)

Lets do some Seed Awakened! :D nah man thats too hard D: maybe when we get the next cap or something :/

People would call u insane for soloing certain missions and getting an S rank lol

You found an ank dedda and it was a huge celebration.

Everything is solo-able quickly now. there is no such thing as tough missions, just lng ones, boring ones, and annoying ones.

Everything is common. Money is common. There isn't excitement from finding a rare item anymore. no one can look at your pallet and say WOW.

Nothing impresses anyone on this game. Most games have those super hard epic-style weapons that hardly anyone has. this game is missing that. A cool looking weapon comes out here, everyone looks for it, its common, not interesting anymore.

This game needs some RARE items, or how about make the good weapons and armors drop off some actual HARD missions? Hard missions having better equipment than easy ones is fine. or even just making the better equipment being harder to find.

Not hearing about the 15* armors and 11-12* weapons still just as easy to find is very disappointing. Sega removed the feeling of accomplishing something in this game and it really hurts the fun.

Zarode
Jun 22, 2008, 08:24 PM
I still think my idea was best. :wacko: Stick with something that works.

Wiz
Jun 22, 2008, 09:34 PM
Everything is solo-able quickly now. there is no such thing as tough missions, just lng ones, boring ones, and annoying ones.

Everything is common. Nothing impresses anyone on this game.

This game needs some RARE items, or how about make the good weapons and armors drop off some actual HARD missions? Hard missions having better equipment than easy ones is fine. or even just making the better equipment being harder to find.

Not hearing about the 15* armors and 11-12* weapons still just as easy to find is very disappointing. Sega removed the feeling of accomplishing something in this game and it really hurts the fun.
Wow...well said. O_O

Ken_Silver
Jun 22, 2008, 09:48 PM
LOL, if you guys really want something done. Send an e-mail Sega of Japan and pretend to be a japanese player.

THEN they might listen to you. :D

We can all agree that at the least, the missions need a level balance, but that won't happen until much, much later. Even the JPN servers are dealing with the same issues we are. But trust me, if the JPN fanbase is complaining to Sega about the same issues that we are, then something will be done about it later on down the road.

Finalzone
Jun 22, 2008, 11:31 PM
This would force players to use strategy. Instead, we mash X or Y to a rhythm and heal when necessary.

It will be suicidal to mash when surrounded by said a group of Gohmon. I have seen an entire group of capped 130 wiped out before.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 22, 2008, 11:55 PM
How hard is it for Sega/ST to alter stats in games anyways? I mean they're on the disc and all, but I suppose online it uses stats set by the server?

Lance813
Jun 22, 2008, 11:55 PM
wepons are the key to games, make this game fuckinCRAZY hard with like LV. 6917 golmoros, BUT add more good wepons. Seriosly wtf is this apocolypsic worth if you kill everything in two hits. make hard as fuck monsters four modes is all you need! Normal, Hard, Rediculus. and HOLY FUCK THATS HARD.

[/rant]

pikachief
Jun 23, 2008, 12:00 AM
i love how most rants need the F word more than once in 1 sentence lol

anyways, if they aren't planning on having S3's does this mean they're gonna have some new levels with our old bosses at lvl 150+? lol

Sega: We heard your tired of reskins so instead we're just gonna re-release all the old bosses again :D they aren't re-skins cuz they're the exact same bosses ^^

Aorre
Jun 23, 2008, 12:28 AM
Play Newman WT? >.>

Eyce_Theon
Jun 23, 2008, 12:57 AM
AoI's 'rebalancing' is what really killed the difficulty. Free stats to all classes, Free criticals with JA (that only hunters get), rares that are insanely easy to find (then a few updates later, the V1 missions get the same treatment). Basically, the whole "killing and finding items" thing was sped up tenfold, a few more folds than the game needed.

chaoskila
Jun 23, 2008, 01:23 AM
omg why is this fourm still going.
stop complaining and go do mother brain by yourself =P

Elley
Jun 23, 2008, 02:28 AM
Nah, it's perfect as it is. Allows for my roommate and I to duo things without dying 100x. It's perfect! ^^

Brainwrecked
Jun 23, 2008, 02:37 AM
Elley, Beast Fighgunner. Using a picture from Haibane Renmei? Anyway....

Remember Mother Brain? Of course not, because people don't run that anymore... >.>

So, if Sega keeps the game like this, people will BAWWW about the game being too easy; if they take the above approach, people will either BAWWW about it being too hard or run back to White Beast.

YMMV, but making Mother Brain 4 blocks long and worth 231 MP and 13425 Meseta on S is what keeps me disinterested. When spamming Mother, that 4th block quickly elicit groans because PSU has pretty much trained you to expect epic boss battles after 3 blocks.

Military Subway is even worse at 5 blocks, but you get a whopping 489 MP and 28.1k Meseta on S.

White Beast is 216 MP and 12525 Meseta on S.

WB 216 MP / 3 blocks = 72.00 MP per block
MB 231 MP / 4 blocks = 57.75 MP per block
MS 489 MP / 5 blocks = 97.80 MP ber block

WB 12525 Meseta / 3 blocks = 4175.00 Meseta per block.
MB 13425 Meseta / 4 blocks = 3356.25 Meseta per block
MS 28100 Meseta / 5 blocks = 5620.00 Meseta per block

If I want a lump of MP or Meseta, guess where I'll be heading? It sure isn't Mother Brain, which has the lowest reward-for-the-difficulty ratio. Which is why, I gather, most other people forgot about it, too.

Abashi76
Jun 23, 2008, 09:25 AM
A good way to make it harder, other than putting an S3; would be to make S-rank versions for additional enemies.

Ezodagrom
Jun 23, 2008, 09:28 AM
A good way to make it harder, other than putting an S3; would be to make S-rank versions for additional enemies.

That would be nice too :P
But with most missions having enemies lower than the lvl cap, that wouldn't change much about the difficulty x_x

Abashi76
Jun 23, 2008, 09:30 AM
That would be nice too :P
But with most missions having enemies lower than the lvl cap, that wouldn't change much about the difficulty x_x

It would, I noticed how much harder those SEEDs became, especially the mini boss. That combined with an S3 rank, in which some missions would contain enemies above the level cap.

Wiz
Jun 23, 2008, 09:35 AM
If I want a lump of MP or Meseta, guess where I'll be heading? It sure isn't Mother Brain, which has the lowest reward-for-the-difficulty ratio. Which is why, I gather, most other people forgot about it, too.
But, aren't most people 130/20 by now? Meseta is a joke nowadays too. Sure, White Beast has Serafi, but doesn't anyone want to hunt something different?

Ezodagrom
Jun 23, 2008, 09:59 AM
It would, I noticed how much harder those SEEDs became, especially the mini boss.
But if the missions with lvl 80 - 120 monsters remained unchanged with no new difficulties, even changing all the enemies that weren't changed at lvl 50 wouldn't change things much, I mean...if someday we'll have lvl 200 cap and there are still missions with monsters around lvl 100 at highest difficulty, those missions would just be too easy and completely not worth doing (useless)...
*thinks of jabroga video recently posted on screenshot thread, Dimmagolus dieing in 10 seconds with 3 (or 4) jabroga*

That combined with an S3 rank, in which some missions would contain enemies above the level cap.
This would be great...but...it wouldn't be possible unless it would be in a new expansion.

Zorak000
Jun 23, 2008, 10:54 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143281

Relevant.

Iduno
Jun 23, 2008, 12:37 PM
I remember the good ol' days :)

Lets do some Seed Awakened! :D nah man thats too hard D: maybe when we get the next cap or something :/

People would call u insane for soloing certain missions and getting an S rank lol

You found an ank dedda and it was a huge celebration.

Everything is common. Money is common. There isn't excitement from finding a rare item anymore. no one can look at your pallet and say WOW.

Nothing impresses anyone on this game. Most games have those super hard epic-style weapons that hardly anyone has. this game is missing that. A cool looking weapon comes out here, everyone looks for it, its common, not interesting anymore.

QFT

Seriously this is what I've pointed out before but quite a few people are just like

"STFU I dont have time to put effort in to get things"

If people don't have the time to put into the game they shouldn't play it, instead they whined to segac and most sources of a sense of acomplishment have been destroyed.

Para
Jun 23, 2008, 12:49 PM
Make it like D2

Whenever someone joins

The monster gets stronger

One of the best systems imo. However Im not sure if SEGAC is smart enough to implement such a system.

I think they used PSO as a frame for difficulty with their single player and multiplayer game modes where single was a lot easier and multiplayer was more difficult but the stats were static to each mode. Back when the max was 4 players and the game was on console I guess the difficulty "adjustment" wasn't needed where as in Diablo 2, 8 players can really clean things out thus the need.

In short, SEGAC was being lazy.

Gen2000
Jun 23, 2008, 12:53 PM
This thread seems to be made every month now(?). I'm just gonna copy/pasta this in every one made from now on.

- More aggressive A.I.
- The "D2 factor" (the more players in party the higher level/stronger the enemies are)
- Don't make every single attack flinch enemies/give enemies better defense, whatever stops them from having seizures before exploding into green goo.
- Better mix of enemies (i.e. mix two types of "big mobs" together).
- Stop listening to crybaby Japanese players and nerfing missions (there is a severe lack of terror in Desert Terror now), at least give players the option to play the pre-nerf ones at least.

Brainwrecked
Jun 23, 2008, 01:15 PM
It will be suicidal to mash when surrounded by said a group of Gohmon. I have seen an entire group of capped 130 wiped out before.

Entire group as in 6? And "wiped out" as in "all dead at the same time?"

I can see one person getting pwned when all the Gohmon turn their attention to a single player. That happens, especially when you have a party member that likes to charge ahead of the group.

Add in reckless abandon or mis-judgment, and I can maybe see two or three follow suit if the first person ran out of scapes.

And I can see the fourth person being a techer trying to Giresta their poor asses and subsequently getting pwned.

At this point, the feeling of "biggest n00b party ever" has to start settling in. You're LV 130, not LV 13. You should know how Gohmon work by now. Bonus n00b points per person over 4.

Seriously, Gohmon can be tough little bastards but their tendency to keep their distance from you gives you plenty of time to heal when necessary.

MSAksion
Jun 23, 2008, 01:18 PM
All of the "IMPOROVEMENTS" have made PSU a bore-fest.

1) Reduction of "FAST Enemies" - the vahra and the BEEZ specifically made them pushovers. They weren't particularly difficult they were just annoyingly fast.

2) Reduction of Enemy STAMINA - wow this basically killed the Ranger Game. No longer do you need Lvl 21+ rifles or Traps to land status when Dual pistols and crossbows are all you need.

3) The PA Boost - okay okay dont get mad at me but if i can get Noszonde from lvl 18 to 21 in 30 minutes i think that's pretty ridiculous. It basically takes away all the achievement away. Like - people who leveled megid the real way before it was reduced in price - wow that was accomplishment. Now it only costs like 20 PP and tech levels twice as fast - now everyone has megid 21+ lately it seems.

What i want;
I want a mission where it feels difficult. A mission where you need a Ranger, you need a Force. Like Sealabs S2 Lvl 55+ back in the day. You needed rangers lvl 21+ ice rifles to lock down the jarba and you needed TECHERS to lob Diga at the BEEZ while the hunters clean up. Now even S2 missions can be SOLOed and thats not the point - its TEAMWORK.

Missions need TEAMWORK. Thats what PSU needs more of.

pikachief
Jun 23, 2008, 01:27 PM
im all out for the PSU needs to be harder but i feel the PA boost was completely necessary.

They made everything easy except that so characters were high leveld with good equipment but bad PAs, everything was off-balance.

The PA leveling boost just balanced everything out and was well-needed especially when i see high level techers with only 1 lvl 21 spell.

Ezodagrom
Jun 23, 2008, 01:41 PM
This thread seems to be made every month now(?). I'm just gonna copy/pasta this in every one made from now on.

- More aggressive A.I.
- The "D2 factor" (the more players in party the higher level/stronger the enemies are)
- Don't make every single attack flinch enemies/give enemies better defense, whatever stops them from having seizures before exploding into green goo.
- Better mix of enemies (i.e. mix two types of "big mobs" together).
- Stop listening to crybaby Japanese players and nerfing missions (there is a severe lack of terror in Desert Terror now), at least give players the option to play the pre-nerf ones at least.

Agree with all of this, mainly the one in bold. For example increasing the enemies 5 lvls for each new party member...that other than increasing difficulty, would increase the rewards, so it's worth partying with ppl.

A mission with lvl 125 monsters would have lvl 150 monsters with a full party. Like this would be harder, give more exp and have better drops (drops change at lvl 150).

ZeroGT
Jun 23, 2008, 01:47 PM
i think they shound make an S3 runs on the old missions that would be fun

Ezodagrom
Jun 23, 2008, 01:52 PM
i think they shound make an S3 runs on the old missions that would be fun

If they released S3 runs for the old missions with lvl 150+ enemies, they should change the S2 ones with enemies below lvl 100 (Lab Recovery, Crimson Beast, Holy Ground, Mine Defense, and many others), so they would have lvl 100+ enemies.

panzer_unit
Jun 23, 2008, 02:09 PM
I think the time investment was scaled down to match the kind of effort this game really deserves. Log in, beat your way through a couple missions, job well done.

With easy missions I don't have to waste half an hour or more trying to set up a team to go and do anything besides hunting 12* Kubara boards in those party missions.

With obtainable rares I can do an okay job keeping up with the curve on equipment for as many classes as I want, and have time left over to help my friends get their own gear. Besides, oh the bawwww-ing when Sonic Team did set up some powerful limited-availability weapons. Who here also complained about getting Love Inferno? About leaderboards for Spread Needle/G? Yeah.

With easy skill levels I can MAYBE do a decent job of maxing the stuff I care about and also trying skills for all the other jobs around, to have played 'em well enough to know what other people are talking about.

JAFO22000
Jun 23, 2008, 02:28 PM
Besides, oh the bawwww-ing when Sonic Team did set up some powerful limited-availability weapons. Who here also complained about getting Love Inferno? About leaderboards for Spread Needle/G? Yeah.

The two examples listed here aren't conducive to your argument:

The complaint about the Love Inferno is that we were only given one week (I might be wrong here, but it was no longer than two weeks) to hunt for it. (I believe it was even LESS time on the PC/PS2 servers, yes?).

The complaint about the Spread Needle/G is that it was only obtainable by those who played all day, every day during the event and were able to stand doing C run after C run after C run.

Neither complaint has to do with the difficulty of the game or lack thereof. If gunners were given the same time that hunters received to hunt the Halp Serafi and Daggers of Serafi, there would be no complaint. If the Spread Needle/G was given out based on some kind of merit as opposed to who has the time to play this game all the time, there would be no complaint.

Ezodagrom
Jun 23, 2008, 02:50 PM

The complaint about the Love Inferno is that we were only given one week (I might be wrong here, but it was no longer than two weeks) to hunt for it. (I believe it was even LESS time on the PC/PS2 servers, yes?).

The complaint about the Spread Needle/G is that it was only obtainable by those who played all day, every day during the event and were able to stand doing C run after C run after C run.

Neither complaint has to do with the difficulty of the game or lack thereof. If gunners were given the same time that hunters received to hunt the Halp Serafi and Daggers of Serafi, there would be no complaint. If the Spread Needle/G was given out based on some kind of merit as opposed to who has the time to play this game all the time, there would be no complaint.

Agreed...
About the spread needle/G, in my opinion it should have been the prize for the ones in the time attack.

panzer_unit
Jun 23, 2008, 03:30 PM

Neither complaint has to do with the difficulty of the game or lack thereof.

Sorry, someone was complaining that all the powerful rare weapons are easy to get and the game needs epically rare weapons that stand out... well there are two. Anyone COULD get one: if you weren't lucky or crazy enough to get one yourself, maybe you're desperate enough to convince someone who's got one to give it over. But even given that fact there probably aren't as many of those weapons as there are gunners who would give up everything they've got for one.

At least it's an argument where there's some degree of fact involved, instead of the question about difficulty. That's just stating your opinion and sticking your fingers in your ears if someone voices one that doesn't match. Except for mission nerfings* ST's gameplay changes have been major improvements to how enjoyable the game is. Especially for fighters now that you don't have to spam PA combos over and over to kill a single monster. PSU simply isn't a game with the size or scope to make in-game accomplishments worth any degree of busting your ass.

* Desert Goliath hasn't been de-nerfed, but I noticed that Desert Terror's been fixed back "up" somewhere along the way to having decent mobs on the first 2 blocks instead of just crap navals and vanda, and Tunnel Recapture was rebalanced to be HARDER if anything ... though that's sort of ridiculous since it doesn't drop S-ranks, good place for Catilium though.

JAFO22000
Jun 23, 2008, 04:22 PM
Sorry, someone was complaining that all the powerful rare weapons are easy to get and the game needs epically rare weapons that stand out... well there are two. Anyone COULD get one: if you weren't lucky or crazy enough to get one yourself, maybe you're desperate enough to convince someone who's got one to give it over. But even given that fact there probably aren't as many of those weapons as there are gunners who would give up everything they've got for one.

At least it's an argument where there's some degree of fact involved, instead of the question about difficulty. That's just stating your opinion and sticking your fingers in your ears if someone voices one that doesn't match. Except for mission nerfings* ST's gameplay changes have been major improvements to how enjoyable the game is. Especially for fighters now that you don't have to spam PA combos over and over to kill a single monster. PSU simply isn't a game with the size or scope to make in-game accomplishments worth any degree of busting your ass.

* Desert Goliath hasn't been de-nerfed, but I noticed that Desert Terror's been fixed back "up" somewhere along the way to having decent mobs on the first 2 blocks instead of just crap navals and vanda, and Tunnel Recapture was rebalanced to be HARDER if anything ... though that's sort of ridiculous since it doesn't drop S-ranks, good place for Catilium though.

Yes, anyone COULD have gotten a Spread Needle, but everyone did not have a chance being that there are only 100 to be given out, and that there are more than 100 players on the servers. Sure I could have quit my job, not spoken to anyone and locked myself in my house for the entirety of MAG, constantly spamming C runs. However, this would not have guaranteed me a SN, because if 101 other people happened to kill more creatures than me during this time or had the fortitude to only get three hours of sleep per night as opposed to my five, then I would have just Tidus'ed those weeks away.

The main conjecture of this argument though was the difficulty of the game. Trying to obtain a SN would have been more annoying and inconvienient than it ever would have been difficult. There is really no skill involved taking a capped character on a never-ending batch of C runs. No skill, just the amount of free time one had to give. Therefore, I do not see the SN as a prize for overcoming a difficult task, more as a prize for being able to bear through a grueling task.

Colonel Mustard
Jun 23, 2008, 04:32 PM
Yes, anyone COULD have gotten a Spread Needle, but everyone did not have a chance being that there are only 100 to be given out, and that there are more than 100 players on the servers. Sure I could have quit my job, not spoken to anyone and locked myself in my house for the entirety of MAG, constantly spamming C runs. However, this would not have guaranteed me a SN, because if 101 other people happened to kill more creatures than me during this time or had the fortitude to only get three hours of sleep per night as opposed to my five, then I would have just Tidus'ed those weeks away.

The main conjecture of this argument though was the difficulty of the game. Trying to obtain a SN would have been more annoying and inconvienient than it ever would have been difficult. There is really no skill involved taking a capped character on a never-ending batch of C runs. No skill, just the amount of free time one had to give. Therefore, I do not see the SN as a prize for overcoming a difficult task, more as a prize for being able to bear through a grueling task.You seem to have a very impressive grasp of this issue. I, for one, commend you. Being willing to endure is not the same characteristic as having skill, on this we all should agree. One tiny point, though, is that there were 500 SN's to be given out to those who had the time to play incessantly. While I am no slouch in terms of hours spent playing the game, I was nowhere near the leaderboard. Coupling this with my not taking advantage of easy riches from the grinder glitch market, I will never see one either.

Magician
Jun 26, 2008, 09:48 AM
I've never understood the complaint of wanting PSU to be more difficult. One of the reasons for playing an MMO/Action/RPG, and this is purely spectulation of course, is to constantly improve your equipment and make the game gradually easier. For those of you who've been playing for thousands of hours since PSU's release and have the cream equipment, don't you revel in the fact that you can slaughter enemies that you couldn't handle soloing in the past? Perhaps I can see that becoming boring at one point, but that's what you've been striving for, isn't it? To have that be your goal in world of PSU and then go and say PSU's too easy is an asinine request.

Ezodagrom
Jun 26, 2008, 09:56 AM
I've never understood the complaint of wanting PSU to be more difficult. One of the reasons for playing an MMO/Action/RPG, and this is purely spectulation of course, is to constantly improve your equipment and make the game gradually easier. For those of you who've been playing for thousands of hours since PSU's release and have the cream equipment, don't you revel in the fact that you can slaughter enemies that you couldn't handle soloing in the past? Perhaps I can see that becoming boring at one point, but that's what you've been striving for, isn't it? To have that be your goal in world of PSU and then go and say PSU's too easy is an asinine request.

Well, what's the point of having a mission with lvl 80 monsters at the highest difficulty when you're lvl 130, and on jp case lvl 150?

JAFO22000
Jun 26, 2008, 10:26 AM

Valid post, but I don't think the complaint is that PSU is easier than it was, the complaint is that it is too easy!

Part of the fun in playing this game is leveling your character/job/PAs to higher levels and obtaining higher rank weapons/armors along the way, all to make one stronger and better able to participate in the higher level missions, thus leading the way to even BETTER equips and higher levels, etc.

My complaint about the difficulty in the game as it stands now is that it is TOO easy! Most missions that I play with my level 130 character (or even my level 115 character!) I can S rank with my eyes closed in around 20 minutes (or considerably less time with just one other person). There are a few exceptions, but even in these missions there are usually only 1-3 spawns that you REALLY have to pay maybe half attention to. But even if you die, you have 10 scape dolls with you. AND even if you run out of scapes, people have Giresta or Moons to bring you back to life. Not dying is no longer a challenge; it is now more of a way to avoid the inconvenience of losing a scape doll and having to get rebuffed.

I can go on and on about the lack of challenge in this game, but generally we are just too strong for the hardest missions which are currently released AND there are really no penalties to make the game harder (i.e. no penalty for dying). Playing this game is tantamount to being a heavyweight boxer and having only 15 year olds to fight against: There is no doubt you are going to win, the only question is how badly do you want to slaughter the kid.

Arika
Jun 26, 2008, 10:26 AM
New side-story mission has description : "very hard mission" in red.
in detail = spoiler alert
[spoiler-box]
bascially, you are alone, and enemy lv 150+(with reduced HP, because it would take ages to finish this if they do not).
Enemy in this mission are combo with all element, there are many of C-Rucar, Bil de bear, Alligator, and the one from new recently moatoob mission. (some of them are buff). during fighting those, there are new type of trap that will unequipp your weapon.(just for annoying you lol).
In this mission, scape doll will not function.

[/spoiler-box]

Ezodagrom
Jun 26, 2008, 10:38 AM
[spoiler-box]
bascially, you are alone, and enemy lv 150+(with reduced HP, because it would take ages to finish this if they do not).
Enemy in this mission are combo with all element, there are many of C-Rycar, Bil de bear, Alligator, and the one from new recently moatoob mission. (some of them are buff). during fighting those, there are new type of trap that will unequipp your weapon.(just for annoying you lol).

[/spoiler-box]

I want that mission! o.o
Sounds like fun.

Hmm...what's alligator? o.o...Kamatoze? or Gainozeros?

Arika
Jun 26, 2008, 10:44 AM
I want that mission! o.o
Sounds like fun.

Hmm...what's alligator? o.o...Kamatoze? or Gainozeros?

the first one that was in desert terror. and the another one is Gainozeros.

Dencity
Jun 26, 2008, 06:43 PM
In my opinion, the only way to make this game harder (and in my opinion, better), would be to revert everything back to when Seabed was the most popular mission (I mentioned this in-game once, and got "sea-wha...?", "an underwater map?!", and the likes.):

-Death tolls. THAT'S RIGHT. We need this back because of the idiots who think "hey, I don't need any scapes you people can waste your time, money, and moons on me." I, for one, am tired of this, and leave most people lying there unless they have used a scape. Megid is there for a reason: TO KILL YOU AND HURT YOUR SCORE. And this required your techer to know how to support as well. Granted, it would need to be tweaked for NPC's, giresta, and PM's.

-Monster's levels raised about 20-25 levels. Enough said.

-Exp rates reduced. Not too drasticly, I just don't want to see badira, polty, etc.. giving off insane amounts for a two hit kill.

-Money drops reduced. See above.

-Elements set back to normal. Boo-hoo, you have a 25% ground armor, and get wrecked by a lightning monster. SO WHAT?! It's your own damned fault. But no, now you can actually take some hits. You should be punished for wearing the wrong armor, but segac just gives you a reduction in damage. You know what we used to do? Buy some store bought 25% lightning armor for 95k.

None of the people who joined around Firebreak or after AOTI release will side with me on this, because you are all PAMPERED, and have no idea how good you have it. Segac gave in to all the whineing. I, and many other people enjoyed WORKING for our weapons, PA's, levels, and money.

This was a rant, obviously, and my opinions were probably biased. However, everything I have posted here, is my opinion. You will deal with it by flaming and/or disagreeing with me, as are the rules of the interwebz.

Thank you.

Inazuma
Jun 26, 2008, 06:58 PM
[spoiler-box]
Enemy in this mission are combo with all element, there are many of C-Rucar, Bil de bear, Alligator, and the one from new recently moatoob mission. (some of them are buff). during fighting those, there are new type of trap that will unequipp your weapon.(just for annoying you lol).

[/spoiler-box]

sounds very easy. lv 150 monsters w/ reduced HP? i must have solo'd seed express (lv 165 monsters) as a solo MF w/o npcs at least 20 times w/o dying once. maybe if there were lv 185 monsters w/ normal HP, it would be challenging to solo as MF (the type w/ the worst offense/defense). ill be able to try out the event stuff later today. looking forward to it.

Brainwrecked
Jun 26, 2008, 08:43 PM
Death tolls. THAT'S RIGHT. We need this back because of the idiots who think "hey, I don't need any scapes you people can waste your time, money, and moons on me." I, for one, am tired of this, and leave most people lying there unless they have used a scape. Megid is there for a reason: TO KILL YOU AND HURT YOUR SCORE. And this required your techer to know how to support as well. Granted, it would need to be tweaked for NPC's, giresta, and PM's.

Probably one of the better-balance arguments out there. I'd second this ONLY if Sega would make enemy Megid and player Megid equally effective at instant kills.

Elements set back to normal. Boo-hoo, you have a 25% ground armor, and get wrecked by a lightning monster. SO WHAT?! It's your own damned fault. But no, now you can actually take some hits. You should be punished for wearing the wrong armor, but segac just gives you a reduction in damage. You know what we used to do? Buy some store bought 25% lightning armor for 95k.

I have no problems with the changes in bonus damage when elemental weapons are used against the correct enemy. (E.g., fire attack on an ice enemy.) IIRC, some people pointed out that weapons with a 50% element out-classed the same weapon type by the same manufacturer 2 or 3 stars ahead. (IOW, a 7* 50% fire GRM sword would outclass 8*, sometimes 9*, 10% fire GRM sword.)

But I do agree that lessening the negative impact on damage dealt to an enemy of the same element (e.g., fire on fire) and damage taken when you are wearing armor that is the direct opposite element of the enemy attacking you (e.g., fire on ice) was an over-reaction.

None of the people who joined around Firebreak or after AOTI release will side with me on this, because you are all PAMPERED, and have no idea how good you have it. Segac gave in to all the whineing. I, and many other people enjoyed WORKING for our weapons, PA's, levels, and money.

Define "work." Keep in mind not everyone has or wishes to spend 8+ hours a day just to be decent and keep up with the crowd.

This was a rant, obviously, and my opinions were probably biased. However, everything I have posted here, is my opinion. You will deal with it by flaming and/or disagreeing with me, as are the rules of the interwebz.

Thank you.

Wow. If it wasn't for the shitty attitude, I would have given you a thumbs up for this post.

Weeaboolits
Jun 26, 2008, 09:07 PM
how does megid hurting our scores help? no amount of support is going to stop an instant kill. It's not like there's a stamina buff. :|

SonicTMP
Jun 26, 2008, 09:18 PM
There is no real way to make this game harder. Difficulity is pretty much set by mob damage and HP. Short of adding somethign truely new to the game the best it will get are time tirals like challenge mode or stock up on this item to get somethign uber.

Reducing player count won't make it harder. Reducing exp gain, pa gain or lowering elemental damage won't make the game harder. It will just become more tedious.

PSU's battle sysme isn't setup for a challenge where you need tanks to hold aggro, healers to play wack a mole with health bars and DPS to flaunt their e-peen. OTher games are out there for that.

Shinko
Jun 26, 2008, 09:41 PM
PSU's battle sysme isn't setup for a challenge where you need tanks to hold aggro, healers to play wack a mole with health bars and DPS to flaunt their e-peen. OTher games are out there for that.

i so agree with this. this is what make's psu different from those other ones. It's actually one of the reasons i like playing it

Criss
Jun 26, 2008, 11:37 PM
They need to start by upscaling the bosses' HP according to the size of the party (and possibly all monsters). A boss like Ragnus shouldn't die in 20~30 seconds on S2 from a 6 people team. Then maybe increase the number of monsters in each spawn depending on the size of the party. That would help keeping a decent challenge in bigger parties while making sure the missions are balanced for parties of all sizes.

Mman2000
Jun 26, 2008, 11:55 PM
In my opinion, the only way to make this game harder (and in my opinion, better), would be to revert everything back to when Seabed was the most popular mission (I mentioned this in-game once, and got "sea-wha...?", "an underwater map?!", and the likes.):

Turning the clock back isn't going to do anything but frustrate the hell out of people who felt that the game was a broken, unplayable piece of crap before they were implemented. I just so happen to be one of those people. I enjoy a challenge, but spamming a mission several times just to get 12K for a PA disk isn't a challenge, it's a grind. There's a big fucking difference. I'm going to go as far as to say that the way it was before AotI was a design flaw because no one intentionally makes drop rates that low and money drops even lower. That's not making a game challenging, that's making the game a frustrating, monotonous grind.

I canceled my subscription after seeing the difference between PSU V1 and PSOGC while my 360 was sent out for repairs and only came back after AotI was released and the missions became more rewarding and I could actually see myself making progress after an hour or so. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

-Death tolls. THAT'S RIGHT. We need this back because of the idiots who think "hey, I don't need any scapes you people can waste your time, money, and moons on me." I, for one, am tired of this, and leave most people lying there unless they have used a scape. Megid is there for a reason: TO KILL YOU AND HURT YOUR SCORE. And this required your techer to know how to support as well. Granted, it would need to be tweaked for NPC's, giresta, and PM's.

First off, if you can't be bothered to use moons, play solo. Not carrying moons is INEXCUSABLE. Why do you think they're in the game in the first place? Oh and by the way you don't need to buy them, they were a drop that one occasionally found before the drop rate increase and are now a drop that seems to grow on trees since it has gone up. There is absolutely NO reason to not have them or use them.

-Monster's levels raised about 20-25 levels. Enough said.

Or just new mission ranks for higher levels, take your pick.

-Exp rates reduced. Not too drasticly, I just don't want to see badira, polty, etc.. giving off insane amounts for a two hit kill.

What is an "insane" amount of exp is entirely subjective, why should I believe that 91 exp is an "insane" amount for an enemy at Sleeping Warriors S ? So far I haven't seen anything significantly push my EXP bar up for a 2 hit kill.

-Money drops reduced. See above.

If you're saying it should go back to V1 then HELL NO it should have never been that low in the first place. If you're saying that it should be somewhere higher than V1 but lower than it is now, what would it do besides screw up the markets?

-Elements set back to normal. Boo-hoo, you have a 25% ground armor, and get wrecked by a lightning monster. SO WHAT?! It's your own damned fault. But no, now you can actually take some hits. You should be punished for wearing the wrong armor, but segac just gives you a reduction in damage. You know what we used to do? Buy some store bought 25% lightning armor for 95k.

This I can agree with, it would actually give people a reason to synth armor.

Of course, if drop rates go back to V1 and no one can find materials having a reason to synth armor won't help now will it?

V1 was a broken, unfinished, unrewarding piece of crap. I know that because I FUCKING PLAYED IT. Something that makes you grind like crazy for 12k just to get a PA disk isn't a fun game. You do realize that this is a game and not a job, right? If you want to feel like you've earned something, try hunting for things to synth weapons with. Getting a 50% element weapon after several tries is worth working for, grinding to get the materials needed to make one attempt isn't. If you like grinding, play a game that makes you grind. The fact that the drop rates were raised should attest to the fact that few people found grinding in PSU enjoyable.

Thank you.

I agree that the game needs to be more challenging, but v1 wasn't challenging. It was only hard in the sense that you had to grind ceaselessly to get even the slightest reward. That's not challenging, just difficult and unrewarding. Grinding is not a challenge, it is only a chore, and a video game should NEVER feel like a chore. No one will enjoy working for a reward when there's not much of a reward to work for. I'm not saying we should expect instant gratification, but going too far on the opposite end of the spectrum is just as bad. This game does have a challenge for low and mid level characters, but the high levels do need higher ranking missions at the very least.

dc534
Jun 27, 2008, 12:07 AM
I would agree with you guys the thing is though if they game begins to get to easy start a new character, dont use skills you have at 40 already, try a different class for a while. I for one dont want this game to get more challenging, best times were drinking, laughing and having fun destroying monsters with my buds.

DraginHikari
Jun 27, 2008, 01:45 AM
The largest issue involved with difficulty in games this is trying to draw the line between hard and tedious. Which is one struggle that has gone back and forth during the playtime of this game.

V1 was heavily unbalanced in this sense of the term for many reasons. Grinding for example was suppose to allow you to make your weapons stronger with a risk involved, however the success rates were too low and turned into a complete money sink. Synthesis shared a similar problem where it costed far too much money and time to come out with anything half way decent. Though this kind of stuff is normal in standard MMORPGs it doesn't work very well for these kind of games due to the fact that the smaller areas because more tedious to run then wider open maps. As far as these changes I felt they fit and were necessary.

Hunter's boosts were somewhat necessary and at the same time not. In V1 when it came down to equipment Rangers and Forces had an advantage when it came down to weapons. In order to be efficentive so to speak a Hunter might have to synth not only a weapon of each element but resynth the same weapon over and over again because of the low % of a weapon actually being over 20%+. Being a Hunter was a game of patience and constant material grind. Though I still don't know if the alterations to the fighting system were necessary really... free critical hits were probably a bit much. A slight boost with timing like PSO hard attack would have been good enough honsety.

As far as drops are considered these can either be a blessing or a curse. In most MMORPG most equipment drops require you to spent vast hours waiting for something partciular creature to appear and beating the crap out of it for a chance for it to drop which can take liternally weeks depending on what it is. In PSU this took on alot on the effort vs. reward factor. V1 blew in this, the first tier of S-rank weapons weren't just hard to get... more along the range of IMPOSSIBLE. In the entire lifespan of V1 I didn't seen anymore then a couple dozen S-rank among the entire community that I played with. Though it's fine to have some really rare stuff. It's irriating in a game where you play through the same areas over and over again to find nothing or that ever rare needs to be grinding 40+ hours for it to appear only to have it fail due to the low synth rate. Long term item hunts just don't work well in this game due to the very nature of it. I'm not saying there couldn't be a few of them I just thought V1 was a bit drastic.

Difficulty in most MMORPGs is more dependant on roles. Tanks, Healers, Nukers, DPS, don't even relatively appear in this games structure. In those kind of games not completing your role in the party usually gets you killed because most of the time you are not going to be able to kill enemies on your own.

Every class is capable of some form of offensive attack and since all Force types can use both support and attack techs in some form of some kind so this throws the idea of strict healers and/or Nukers out and since everyone can easily get away from most enemies or move out of the way Tanking has no purpose either. The game's difficulty here is more of a combation of patterns and AI performance... which is the general reason it seems to easy because it rather simpistic at best that would be ST problem though.

That's my bit there

Finalzone
Jun 28, 2008, 11:18 PM
Also it depends of the mission. Doing story missions of some subquest like the one in Neudiaz were death=automatic failure is worth the challenge.