PDA

View Full Version : Newman Wartecher?

dreamcaster0
Jun 22, 2008, 10:11 AM
I'm thinking of trying to start a Wartecher now (switched from wanting to try a GT) and was going to try a Newman. Is this a bad idea? The low ATP weapons supposedly don't do well with them, and their only S-Rank are daggers... low ATP. Anyone do this with success?

S4CT4L1TY
Jun 22, 2008, 10:14 AM
what only daggers as Srank? what wartecher are you lookin at cuz the 1 i c has knuckles S-rank twin claws S-rank on this note though i will only state that wartecher is a hybrid class meant to give you some of both worlds tech & melee personaly my beast has a wartecher at 20 n female newman has wartecher at 20 also not to bad either way although i tend to melee more with my beast n tech more with my newman

Kismet
Jun 22, 2008, 10:18 AM
Should it matter what melee weapons they have that're S-rank? You're a Newman. You'll suck no matter what you use ANYway.

Dragwind
Jun 22, 2008, 10:22 AM
I have an alt that is a capped newman wartecher/fortetecher. She has no problems with melee from my experiences. It might have only taken half a PA combo more to kill. Its not a huge difference in my opinion.

In essence though, you should play what you want to play. The type also has a bonus with newmans and humans, so that helps with the atp too. If you find it fun and like it, play it. ;)

dreamcaster0
Jun 22, 2008, 12:18 PM
So I wouldn't be gimped by playing a Newman WT?

And I meant their only S-Ranks are Daggers.

CelestialBlade
Jun 22, 2008, 12:26 PM
Let's first take a look at the advantages. Obviously you have the highest available TP, so that's good for making a very well balanced melee/offensive Technic build. Your ATA is also very good, essential for the early levels of WT (but ATA isn't important after a while). Don't forget you have the highest EVP available for WT.

WT may be mostly limited to A-rank weapons, but don't let that bother you. There are plenty of special-edition A-ranks that are extremely powerful, so go with high-ATP weapon choices like Twin Sabers, Twin Claws, Spears, and Knuckles. I would avoid weapons like Daggers and Whips until your levels are high, because starting out you won't have enough ATP to utilize those weapons.

dreamcaster0
Jun 22, 2008, 12:33 PM
Or would a beast or human just be a better option in general? Better ATP with decent MST?

Kismet
Jun 22, 2008, 02:05 PM
The best WT is a human WT. But if you want to be a WT with a certain race because that's your preference, then do it. It's all up to what you prefer. If you're looking to just try out WT for the heck of it, or because you really want to be that class out of fun, pick w/e race you want to accompany.

If you want to be an effective, well-rounded WT stat and output-wise, the only way to go is human.

SabZero
Jun 22, 2008, 02:25 PM
If you care about numbers, male beast fortefighter. WT is great fun, newman or any race.

Iduno
Jun 22, 2008, 03:56 PM
I do ok with my newman as a wartecher, with the easy mode atm it doesn't really matter what race you are though.

thunder-ray
Jun 22, 2008, 04:43 PM
I agree a newman WT is pretty decent for me. I do decent dmg for a newman. Also I would like to add as well that WT can also use s rank twin claws.

Abashi76
Jun 23, 2008, 09:43 AM
I have been thinking about making a WT; somebody good with melee, whips, good with the bow, support techs, and with more health maybe nosmegid some day.

My other two characters: FT & GT, are newmans. I was thinking about being consistent, or going with a race with a better stat balance. It looks like humans would be the only logical choice, although newmans don't lool like they'd be that much worse.

If I was WT, I would use the bow a lot, high ATP meaning high damage; and of course can't resist using a whip.

Astarin
Jun 23, 2008, 11:24 AM
So I wouldn't be gimped by playing a Newman WT?

And I meant their only S-Ranks are Daggers.

Nuh-uh. No-one has corrected this with the full list yet; Wartecher can use S-rank Twin Dagger, Dagger, Knuckles, Twin Claws and Wands.

Dragwind
Jun 23, 2008, 04:34 PM
You can also check the type lists in-game to see what each type can equip via menu.