PDA

View Full Version : Ragol Ring or Soul eater?

SilverShadow117
Jun 22, 2008, 01:15 PM
So I'm deciding on whether or not I should do the Sue sub plot or the Bernie Sub Plot. The soul eater is probably the best partisan in the game, and the Bernie sub plot is easier to do then the sue subplot. I heard that the ragol ring serves as a scape doll and disappears if you die. Is that true, because if it is I rather get the soul eater.

TsukasaDCX
Jun 22, 2008, 01:18 PM
Get the Soul Eater
The ragol ring works like a scape doll
Die once and its gone, but it revives you

AlexCraig
Jun 22, 2008, 01:28 PM
If you want a long winded story that will take you through several missions, go for the Ragol Ring. It is like an equipable Scape Doll.

If you want a strong weapon, shoot for the Soul Eater.

Splash
Jun 22, 2008, 02:49 PM
Ragol Ring has a very nice DFP and EVP boost, one of the higher ones in the game. The perception that it is considered "bad" comes from people who die a lot so would end up losing it.

Jaspaller
Jun 22, 2008, 02:52 PM
Soul Eater if you have lower level characters you want to use it on. You can find better partisans as you progress into Ultimate. I think Soul Eater works pretty well up until you hit Ultimate.

SilverShadow117
Jun 22, 2008, 02:56 PM
So does the Ragol ring only revive you once and disappear or revive you several times then disappear?

DC_PLAYER
Jun 22, 2008, 04:34 PM
revives you once, even if you have scape dools it will disapear.

either have more then 1 ring or play a safe difficulty level.

Splash
Jun 22, 2008, 04:49 PM
Or play a safe area for that matter. It works well in beginning Ultimate. Megid attacks would be deadly though if you don't have enough EDK.

SilverShadow117
Jun 22, 2008, 05:20 PM
ehh well I'm gonna get the soul eater. Who knows I could always get the ragol ring on Ultimate, but right now on V. hard mode I think I'll need the soul eater more. It beats my Berdys lol.

TsukasaDCX
Jun 22, 2008, 09:19 PM
Haha you should probably get one on normal and one on hard

SilverShadow117
Jun 22, 2008, 09:29 PM
Haha you should probably get one on normal and one on hard
Nope I can't anymore, because I already beat every quest on normal and hard. I'm supposed to do the sub plots before I beat all the quests it doesn't work if I try to do them after I beat all the quests :(

Splash
Jun 22, 2008, 10:32 PM
It's not like you need 2 of them. So that would be pointless.

I just usually do the Bernie sidequest for Normal difficulty. The other difficulties I go for Ragol Ring.

EDIT: Actually you could still do it even if you finished all the quests. All you need to do is be able to answer correctly on the first try when you finished the quest with Sue as your partner. From there, then you do the necessary steps for obtaining the item. Finishing the quests is far easier to do this so it is good that you did them all first. Saves you the work from figuring out which ones to unlock and such.

SilverShadow117
Jun 23, 2008, 10:18 AM
It's not like you need 2 of them. So that would be pointless.

I just usually do the Bernie sidequest for Normal difficulty. The other difficulties I go for Ragol Ring.

EDIT: Actually you could still do it even if you finished all the quests. All you need to do is be able to answer correctly on the first try when you finished the quest with Sue as your partner. From there, then you do the necessary steps for obtaining the item. Finishing the quests is far easier to do this so it is good that you did them all first. Saves you the work from figuring out which ones to unlock and such.
oh cool, I answered "Yes" to sue on hard mode and I forgot about normal mode. So I'll probably get at least 2 ragol rings and 1 soul eater.