PDA

View Full Version : Is pizza better hot or cold?

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 22, 2008, 07:56 PM
Personally, I've always liked pizza chilled. Brings out a different taste. What does PSOW think?

Shadowpawn
Jun 22, 2008, 07:58 PM
Cold. Hands down.

VioletSkye
Jun 22, 2008, 08:01 PM
Ugh, can't stand cold pizza, definitely hot :p

NPCMook
Jun 22, 2008, 08:02 PM
Depends on the maker, when it comes to my mom's home-made pizza, I prefer it hot

Ordered out pizza it can vary, I usually choose chilled for Papa Johns

eXo
Jun 22, 2008, 08:08 PM
I love pizza it's one of my favorite foods however i , definitely prefer mines hot :smile:

astuarlen
Jun 22, 2008, 08:37 PM
It really depends on the type and caliber for me. A really good deep dish is excellent hot, cold, or reheated, whereas a standard piece of grease is only workable when warm.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 22, 2008, 08:43 PM
Let me clarify a bit. I'm talking about real pizzas, not shitty Tombstones or Jack's frozen stuff. Restaurant and delivery (or DiGiorno and other good frozen pizzas.)

UnderscoreX
Jun 22, 2008, 08:46 PM
I was unaware you could order pizza cold, isn't that like telling them to not do their job.

Scrub
Jun 22, 2008, 08:47 PM
It's best hot. It's EATABLE at room temperate/cold, but I could not fathom someone who would willingly wait for it to reach such a temperature.

Leviathan
Jun 22, 2008, 08:53 PM
Hot pizza.

Pizza Hut is also good cold. .-.
&CiCi's not so much. The grease cakes in.

UnderscoreX's answer made me laugh.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 22, 2008, 09:01 PM
I like it hot, besides, that way I can use a napkin to dab out the grease.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 22, 2008, 09:21 PM
I'm not talking about room temperature. I'm talking in the fridge <_>

EphekZ
Jun 22, 2008, 10:36 PM
Ugh, can't stand cold pizza, definitely hot :p

Indeed.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 22, 2008, 10:41 PM
Hm. Good question Shlig.

I do love hot pizza, but I also like pizza because it's one of the few things you can eat cold and still taste good.

...now I want pizza. :<

SpikeOtacon
Jun 23, 2008, 12:13 AM
It depends on the pizza for me. Like a lot of foods there are a lot of different ways to make it with a wide variety of different ingredients used to make Pizza. And I don't mean LOL VEGAN PIZZA, I mean the subtle differences between Tomatos that come from the east side of the Mississippi as opposed to the west, the change in the way the cheese melts if there are several cheeses used for the top rather than just one, the thickness of the crust and if it is stuffed or not, etc. Not to mention toppings. A lot of how the pizza as a whole comes together will determine if I can enjoy it a certain way.

All pizzas that I eat are sublime when freshly cooked. However, only a certain few can get the dubious honor of being my "cold pizza" favorites. The local Pizza shack down the road makes pizza that is just as good hot as it is cold. I don't know how they do it but they do. Also, Frechetta brick oven pepperoni is amazing to me cold. Some places I can't do their cold pizzas, like Pappa Johns or Pizza Hut. Also, Uno's Chicago deep dish I can't eat cold.

Damn it now I want a pizza. Thanks PSOW, i'll blame those few extra pounds i'm about to gain on you. :wacko:

Monochrome
Jun 23, 2008, 12:46 AM
Cold pizza is great.

Hot pizza is a tastebud-multiclimaxorgasmspoogetimetosleeplifeisgood

So yea, hot.

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 23, 2008, 02:32 AM
I wanna comment on this again. Has anyone here ever put pizza in the fridge and ate it the next day? That's cold pizza. I'm not talking about disgusting room temperature pizza. It seems like a lot of people have missed what I'm talking about.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 23, 2008, 02:45 AM
I know what you're talking about. >_>;

Monochrome
Jun 23, 2008, 03:09 AM
I wanna comment on this again. Has anyone here ever put pizza in the fridge and ate it the next day? That's cold pizza. I'm not talking about disgusting room temperature pizza. It seems like a lot of people have missed what I'm talking about.

Hmm... I understood it clearly enough. The real difference I find is that when it is cold, the sauce seems a bit more sweetened, more prevalent taste than whatever the rest of the toppings may be. When it is hot, all the flavors seem to come out more equally. Cold cheese seems to lose just a little something, it's a little more bland. Pepperoni tends to just taste like salt, instead of meat. The dough, however seems to pick up a certain something when it is cold, a dessert-y type density and flavor.

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 23, 2008, 03:22 AM
Never had cold pizza. I do enjoy some room temperature pizza that's been sitting out for a day or two though (when the pizza is fortunate enough to last that long). And though a bit off subject, I prefer a few-hours-old stromboli over a fresh one due to the way the grease solidifies. Then again, I've only ever had pizza from a scant few places (that I can remember).

Nitro Vordex
Jun 23, 2008, 03:27 AM
Cold pizza=Fancy breakfast.

SubstanceD
Jun 23, 2008, 08:11 AM
I'm not talking about room temperature. I'm talking in the fridge <_>

I was going to vote cold untill you said this. There's nothing quite like the taste of left over Pizza at room temperature. As for cold pizza, even though I have been known to eat left over pizza straight from the fridge I can't say I prefer it to Hot Pizza. No vote for me.

Kylie
Jun 23, 2008, 10:50 AM
Never really liked cold pizza. I will say that leftover pizza can be just as good as regular, but it has to be warmed up first for me.

Jainsea
Jun 23, 2008, 09:50 PM
Hot/Warm up for me O:
Pizza with no tomato sauce is actually kinda good though :s

Sexy_Raine
Jun 23, 2008, 10:54 PM
hot of course, I don't even wanna try it cold

Solstis
Jun 24, 2008, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I can do room temp (as long as it hasn't been sitting out for four hours. that's the magical bacteria number, I think), but prefer hot. The greasier, the hotter it needs to be.

Tessu
Jun 24, 2008, 02:03 AM
Hot is preferred, but if it's been sitting out for a bit and it's cooled I'll eat it. Though, I usually just microwave it.

That being said, I can't stand any cold food, really... :disapprove: Ice cream, maybe, but who really counts that as food?

Link00seven
Jun 24, 2008, 01:29 PM
Hot pizza is better IMO. I do like it cold sometimes though, depends on the mood.

Ketchup345
Jun 24, 2008, 02:05 PM
Hot. Can't think of any I like cold. Not a fan of most reheated either.

CoV-Shana
Jun 24, 2008, 02:07 PM
Cold, no contest. Main reason is because reheated pizza sucks (spongy >.> )

Ice cream, maybe, but who really counts that as food?

This is true, but it'd be awesome if it was! >.>b

Dhylec
Jun 24, 2008, 02:22 PM
I don't like cold food, so hot it is. ;]

Wyndham
Jun 24, 2008, 02:22 PM
I like both, but hot wins.

Merumeru
Jun 24, 2008, 04:37 PM
XD i admit its a different experience cold, but i'll always like mine burning the roof of my mouth

Dragwind
Jun 24, 2008, 07:27 PM
I have a hard time with this question sometimes.

I always love pizza hot, but pizza does indeed seem like it has a different taste to it when its cold.

However, certain types/parlors' pizza taste horrible cold, while others are good. I still find it a mystery.

Kent
Jun 24, 2008, 10:26 PM
Pizza is always best when it's fresh and hot.

I really don't like cold pizza. Reheated can be good, some types are better reheated than others, but it's basically always better than cold pizza.

stukasa
Jun 25, 2008, 12:06 AM
It can be good cold... it depends on the type of pizza. However, usually I like it hot. :yes:

Cold pizza=Fancy breakfast.
^ What he said. :p

AlliThePally
Jun 25, 2008, 08:51 AM
It tastes so much better warm imo, because then the cheese is kind of melted and it just works out