PDA

View Full Version : Beating Dark Force with a Force character

mmmodem
Mar 1, 2001, 11:04 AM
I know his name is Dark Falz or whatever but I am an old school Phantasy Star player who was first introduced to Dark Force through the eyes of Rolf and Rudo. No idea why Sega changed his name, but he was always known as Dark Force to me and shall remain so.

Can anyone give me some tips on what magic to use on his many forms and some general tactics? I'm sure you can just wack him silly but attacks are pathtically weak.

Thanks for the help.

Moiraine
Mar 1, 2001, 05:44 PM
I've found that good ole Foie works fairly well on the third stage (Hard and Very Hard). Doesn't do a ton of damage (50 or so) but at least it does damage!

To be honest, I don't know how possible it really is for a Force to beat Dark Falz on Hard or Very Hard offline. You'd probably have to have the right kind of weapon (not sure what that is).

NightShade
Mar 1, 2001, 06:12 PM
I can't give you tips on beating Dark Falz (or Force, whatever) cause I didn't reach him yet.. I only wanted to say that Dark Falz is actually the name Dark Force had since the very beginning in the japanese versions of all the Phantasy Star games. Dark Force was the for the english versions. Seems like they decided not to change the name this time.

EDekar
Mar 1, 2001, 06:28 PM
I know Dark Falz as Dark Force as well, since I only ever got to play PS:IV. Regardless, information would be appreciated on that Dark Falz strategy for forces...I started my Force a little while ago and could use the help with tactics. Thanks all...

AdoptedDeV
Mar 1, 2001, 06:45 PM
Megid seems to work pretty well... only downer is it takes more TP then Foie.

Moiraine
Mar 1, 2001, 07:32 PM
How does MEGID work on a boss? It's supposed to be an instant kill? Does it do damage instead when you use it against DF?

myau1
Mar 1, 2001, 07:40 PM
Well Dark Falz is his real name. He was Dark Falz in PS 1 but the American translations screwed things up. Rolf's real name is Usis and Rudo is really Rudy. It seems with PSO they just left the names as they were originally intended! About time! Anyway I am a level 100 HUmar and I have a hard time beating Dark Falz on VeryHard offline so I dont know what a Force would do.

Mrgrfx
Mar 1, 2001, 08:03 PM
Gotta get a gun, Forces can use guns if I am correct. You'll have to have a rear or highly grinded one though.

miles
Mar 1, 2001, 08:17 PM
Perfect Guide says draw guns work really well on the final form since they can hit him even when he's invincible in the air. Wouldn't know yet since he wupped me good the one time I tried in Hard even with Light Barrier and two Resist Saints equipped. You should have as many scape dolls as you can carry for his nasty light attack in final form.

Zephyr
Mar 1, 2001, 09:00 PM
At some point with resist/saints you'll be able to survive his Grants... after that it won't be until you're really high level, 90 or so (FOnewm) that you can survive his sword swipe. Beyond that [Draw - Drain - Fill - Gush] element handguns are good as are Vise machguns with a high Dark photon %.

Lardo
Apr 1, 2001, 11:35 PM
Well as a force (lv 74) its very difficult to servive dark faltz light attack. but once you can get enought hp about 500, you should be ok. also i use grants lv 15 on him.

lordwu
Apr 2, 2001, 01:23 AM
Find a varista with good proton against dark. That's all a force needs to beat Dark Falz. Usually I just switch between Foie and varista in the last form. Foie when he's flashing and gun when he's not. It sure takes a lot of time but eventually you will beat him. People used to be able to kill DF instantly with Megid but I think it's fixed somehow. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

VampireLR
Apr 2, 2001, 01:49 AM
I'm a Force and I only use a Varista with 60% Dark on Dark Falz. I save the magic for healing and shift and deband. Your HP is the biggest factor you should take into consideration.

First form: spinning spikes. Press Start so you don't slow down when facing them. Do it usually when you're about to get surrounded. Run around til you find an open spot with one of the pink spinning spikes. Take off the menu and shoot.

Second form: Stay far shoot the dragon. Heal constantly.

Third form: Don't get too close that you'll get frozen most of his attacks gives you the chance to heal.

Fourth form: Stuck up on Scape Dolls. If you're on Hard make sure you have more than 350 HP, his grant spell will drain you to 2. On Very Hard Make sure you have over 500 HP cause the grant will bring down to 15 HP. Equip all the RESIST/Light you can. Most of his attacks are avoidable except his Grant spell.

Ifurita
Apr 2, 2001, 07:43 PM
I am going to go against the crowd and say: "Don't use RESIST/LIGHT!" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Instead I saved all my slots for General/HP, or whatever HP unit you can find. As many have said already, once you get to around 350 HP on Hard, 500 HP on VHard, you don't have to worry about Grants AND Sword Swipes anymore. With this in mind, I was able to beat DF online at lvl 50 at Hard and lvl 70 at VHard.

Weapons, drain guns are not my recommendation. I tried a Fill Raygun +15 with my base ATA at 120 (Max), and I still only manage to get in one hit every three tries, and only drain about 60 HP (while doing zero damage). So I go with foie instead for the last form.

Grants work best for the spikes.

And for 2nd and 3rd form... hee hee, I use a db saber with 55% dark. I can pull off 800 to 1000 damage per hit (with shifta and 463 base ATP). That way I can beat 2nd and 3rd form quickly, saving the dolls for the last form.
You just have to make sure you have enough TP and trifluids.

Also for the last form, shooting DF in the mouth does more damage.

Good luck! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif