PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Foie?

Abashi76
Jun 23, 2008, 09:40 AM
I have Foie at level 11 I think, with my FT. I havn't been using it much, and I am currently leveling Nosdiga, which is the best single target attack from what I hear. If I put it into disk form, I could give it to a new character, such as a WT.

Should I do it? If so, what would be a good replacement, other than something that costs PAs? Also, what would be the best way for me to level this skill.

Astarin
Jun 23, 2008, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't ditch Foie, as it's your best source of level 4 Burn. You'll also want a strong, single target attack that can travel over obstacles/barriers/chasms, something Nosdiga can't do. So you need at least one of Foie or Diga. It's also cheap, fast and has a low PP cost. No other technic does exactly what Foie/Diga do.

To level it? Just... use it. A lot. There's no way to speed up single-target skills, really. Any time you hit a target with Foie, it's being used at its max efficiency. It will get easier to use as it levels, too, cuz the fireball gets much larger.

CelestialBlade
Jun 23, 2008, 11:53 AM
Foie is a really useful Technic, regardless. Low PP cost, high power, and SE4 Burn is nothing to scoff at, and you're still going to need something against Ground-element enemies.

Abashi76
Jun 23, 2008, 12:05 PM
Foie is a really useful Technic, regardless. Low PP cost, high power, and SE4 Burn is nothing to scoff at, and you're still going to need something against Ground-element enemies.

I was thinking of making WT, and I wanted to put in disk form and give a high level Foie to her. Perhaps, I could get her HU level ups, and level up Foie during the meantime, then when she becomes a FO, give it to her.

But then, what would replace her foie. I have RAzonde for ground element enemies, I also have RAbarta. Foie is the most effective for those ice enemies out there, but they aren't that numerous, and Nosdiga isn't bad, especially since it stuns.

I guess I won't give it up, until I make the WT; but if I did give it away, what should I use instead of it, Reverser? Perhaps that until I grab a hold of Giresta. Like I said, I havn't been putting Foie in good use, even before I had Nosdiga. I only leveled it up, for this one story mode quest in order to obtain 10 PAs.

This "new" character, is mostly why I'm asking. A new char would put it to far greater use, than my current FT does.

CelestialBlade
Jun 23, 2008, 12:24 PM
I was thinking of making WT, and I wanted to put in disk form and give a high level Foie to her. Perhaps, I could get her HU level ups, and level up Foie during the meantime, then when she becomes a FO, give it to her.

But then, what would replace her foie. I have RAzonde for ground element enemies, I also have RAbarta. Foie is the most effective for those ice enemies out there, but they aren't that numerous, and Nosdiga isn't bad, especially since it stuns.

I guess I won't give it up, until I make the WT; but if I did give it away, what should I use instead of it, Reverser? Perhaps that until I grab a hold of Giresta. Like I said, I havn't been putting Foie in good use, even before I had Nosdiga. I only leveled it up, for this one story mode quest in order to obtain 10 PAs.

This "new" character, is mostly why I'm asking. A new char would put it to far greater use, than my current FT does.
I wouldn't use Nosdiga on anyone but a Fortetecher, since the PP drain is harsh. Stick with Foie for your WT.

MSAksion
Jun 23, 2008, 01:53 PM
As a fellow /FTWT i really highly suggest NOSDIGA.

WT have the lowest TP of all TECHERS and thus they need the highest TECH power possible. Yes Foie is the 2nd strongest spell and you really should keep it. But NOSDIGA at lvl 21+ which a WT can achieve - can do Three total Homing shots at Stun level 2 Heavy Earth Damage.

The PP is moot. Just shoot NOSDIGA once or twice then move in with Melee - the real primary damage of a WT is Melee. Use the TECH to flinch an enemy then close in with sharp things.

Criss
Jun 23, 2008, 02:42 PM
Nosdiga is indeed a very damaging tech, but foie still wins in the damage-per-PP-spent ratio. Plus foie gets burn lv 4 at higher levels, which might overcome the damage difference between the two techs. Also, if you get hit while casting nosdiga, the tech will be interrupted while the foie will always come out as soon as the "ding" sound effect is heard. Foie also has a longer range, and the fireball travels faster at high levels.

So I'd say use both. Both of them are situational.

Abashi76
Jun 23, 2008, 02:57 PM
To make things clearer, what I meant was that my FT was going to give her leveled Foie to a hypothetical WT; but she'll keep her Nosdiga for herself. I figure that my FT's lvl 11 Foie would be put to better use with a new WT char, than it is now.

What I am wondering is, when I do that; what should be my replacement tech > I'm thinking Reverser. I'm not going to replace my FT's Foie, until my WT needs it, that is when she levels her hunter, and now needs to level up her force class.

Remember, you can put your techs to disk form and give them to your new characters, if your not using then anymore.