PDA

View Full Version : Gf's and BF's on a video game?

Pop TaRt
Jun 24, 2008, 12:29 PM
it's pretty messed up that people on a video game are dating each although they might live like 1000 miles away it's kinda ridiculous, I mean it's cool if u kno the person IN peson, plz give me ur opinion on this topic

relentless
Jun 24, 2008, 12:32 PM
It depends. People hug and kiss virtually all over the place, meh. It can get annoying, that's true, but I let people be if they're serious with each other. I can just say; internet relationships in general won't work out.

CelestialBlade
Jun 24, 2008, 12:33 PM
I don't care what people do. If people want to date in a video game, let them, it's not our business.

And haven't we had this goddamn discussion before?

Ruru
Jun 24, 2008, 12:33 PM
hmm i can see a problem with it, but it's honestly of no concern to anyone outside that relationship. so if you see someone dating on a game or just online entirely i dont see any need to be upset by it.

Kadajenova
Jun 24, 2008, 12:35 PM
I have many GF and BF in PSU XD but the sad fact is i have none in rl XD

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 12:36 PM
.....GF and BF? :0

relentless
Jun 24, 2008, 12:37 PM

Nah, I think you're talking about "What's a good place to lvl?" ;3

Many GFs and BFs? That's hardcore. o_0 lol

AND YES YOUR SIG'S LIKE STARING AT ME. ;_; *gets nightmares nao*

edit@RemiusTA:

Kadajenova is bi, look at his siggy. (n.. no, not refering to the pic.)

zandra117
Jun 24, 2008, 12:42 PM
Fact: 90% of players that complain about personal relationships and virtual marriages in online games are immature kids.

Pop TaRt
Jun 24, 2008, 12:43 PM
I mean ya it's ok do do that but sometimes it makes the game more complicated then it needs to be sometimes it ends upbieng one big soap opera

relentless
Jun 24, 2008, 12:44 PM
How exactly does it make the game more complicated?

zandra117
Jun 24, 2008, 12:45 PM
I mean ya it's ok do do that but sometimes it makes the game more complicated then it needs to be sometimes it ends upbieng one big soap opera
Some people like that, its epic roleplaying.

AlliThePally
Jun 24, 2008, 12:46 PM
Mreh, I dont care if people want to, but it is a little weird imo, sometimes with mmo's you wouldnt even know what they sound like let alone what they look like either, Id never want to do it but if people can be happy with in game video game dating then good for them I guess

Pop TaRt
Jun 24, 2008, 12:48 PM
well one of my friends his girl friend was cheating on him and yelling cuz she was mad at him then he says he was hurt from the insied so now he doesnt really play any more i play this game to have fun and if ur idea of fun is dating i cant stop u its ur decision

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 12:50 PM
Bisexuals are confused

No, im not being ignorant, its true

relentless
Jun 24, 2008, 12:51 PM
Bisexuals are confused

May I know what you mean by confused? (isn't that just a prejudice?lol)

BFGfreak
Jun 24, 2008, 12:52 PM
Funfact: I play as a female human, and one of my friends plays as a male beast, so I guess you could technically say we're a BF-GF pair (even though it's not that serious, more like friends more than anything)
Here's the fun part, I'm a guy in real life, my friend's a girl, talk about your gender reversal LOL

Kadajenova
Jun 24, 2008, 12:53 PM
Bisexuals are confused

I'm confused ?

Kizeragi
It depends. People hug and kiss virtually all over the place, meh. It can get annoying, that's true, but I let people be if they're serious with each other. I can just say; internet relationships in general won't work out.

...what? :/

CAVAOUBIEN
Bisexuals are confused

unlike the men on PSU who drool in front of female characters which are themselves played by other men.

CAVAOUBIEN
mais... ça va ou bien?

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 12:54 PM
Oh im just trolling, dont mind me

seriously

relentless
Jun 24, 2008, 12:55 PM
...what? :/

I was talking in general, and if I would refer to a specific extreme extent, I could tell you a story about some 13 year old loli girl which wanted to flatter / flirt with me and was all like "I don't really play this game, I'm just socializing X3 *huggles* *kisses*".

Scottbot
Jun 24, 2008, 12:56 PM
flame me as much as u want i couldnt give a poo. but any sort of relationship that doesnt involve real life contact is not right. and not human in nature.

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 12:57 PM
Who are you to say whats right in Human Nature!

If two women want to be together and have sex in public there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT

/joke

edit: but im serious there isnt

relentless
Jun 24, 2008, 12:58 PM
"@c1{blue}lol XD *laughs*"

Scottbot
Jun 24, 2008, 12:59 PM
Who are you to say whats right in Human Nature!

If two women want to be together and have sex in public there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT

/joke

edit: but im serious there isnt

what are you on about. im talking about computer game relationships in a fantasy world.

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 01:02 PM
and im talking about something equally retarded xD

Edit:

On a more serious note, if people want to have relationships and get married over the internet, i dont see a reason in stopping them or questioning them. Its the same with different religious customs. Just let them do their thing, and you do yours.

Kizeragi
Jun 24, 2008, 01:05 PM
I was talking in general, and if I would refer to a specific extreme extent, I could tell you a story about some 13 year old loli girl which wanted to flatter / flirt with me and was all like "I don't really play this game, I'm just socializing X3 *huggles* *kisses*".

I see o.o
Fun times are fun. Dx

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 01:08 PM

HAHAHA

Three acronyms for everybody to remember!

G.I.R.L = Guy In Real Life

M.M.O.R.P.G. = Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

L.O.L.I. = F.B.I. Agent

Indica
Jun 24, 2008, 01:12 PM
I think virtual BF/GF , Cyber Sex is all lame.

CelestialBlade
Jun 24, 2008, 01:16 PM
flame me as much as u want i couldnt give a poo. but any sort of relationship that doesnt involve real life contact is not right. and not human in nature.
It probably isn't human nature to waste your time trying to preach your way of life to others on an internet forum, either. It doesn't matter what people do.

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 01:17 PM
Cyber sex is the most hilarious act one can partake in.

I remember going to some guys room to buy something and catching him and some other character having cyber sex, with the parrot repeating some of the obscenities they said before i walked in.

Funniest. Shit. Ever.

Indica
Jun 24, 2008, 01:19 PM
Well, that is pretty funny. LOL

CelestialBlade
Jun 24, 2008, 01:25 PM
Cyber sex is the most hilarious act one can partake in.

I remember going to some guys room to buy something and catching him and some other character having cyber sex, with the parrot repeating some of the obscenities they said before i walked in.

Funniest. Shit. Ever.
Ahahahaha. Makes me wonder if you had a parrot in a hotel room, wonder what phrases and sounds it'd pick up XD

RemiusTA
Jun 24, 2008, 01:32 PM
I thought satan had infiltrated my PS2 and was attempting to steal my soul.

Magitek_X
Jun 24, 2008, 01:44 PM
This story would've been funnier on the Xbox360.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 24, 2008, 01:50 PM
This story would've been jailbait on the Xbox360.
*ahem*

On topic: Old discussion is old.

I think.

AlliThePally
Jun 24, 2008, 01:55 PM
This story would've been funnier on the Xbox360.

Ive done it on the 360 x) I walked in the room, one mic went mute and then the other person yelled at me to get out x) His room was then locked afterward :razz:

Kylie
Jun 24, 2008, 01:56 PM
Kylie shrugs at this thread and notes it in an obnoxious third person. People do what makes them happy, and if they can do it and want to do it, I don't see how that affects you or why you should care. Unless you're tired of PDA, which annoys me too but can be just as annoying as PDA in real life. Maybe not to you, but that would be the difference in our perspectives.

Brainwrecked
Jun 24, 2008, 02:06 PM

Bisexuals are confused

I'm confused ?

Oh im just trolling, dont mind me

seriously

This is Phantasy Star. No one worth a shit gives a shit where you put your naughty bits or what ends up in them. No need to be ashamed, no need to advertise. Play more. Post less. Peace out.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 24, 2008, 02:26 PM
Brainwrecked, you could have just said lurk moar. :wacko:

Wyndham
Jun 24, 2008, 02:36 PM
my first girlfriend was long distance AND she was bisexual.
crazy.

Brainwrecked
Jun 24, 2008, 03:17 PM
Brainwrecked, you could have just said lurk moar. :wacko:

Seeing as how this thread's already been moved to Off-Topic....

Yeah, I could have, but I wanted to be clear that I'm neither promoting nor bashing "alternative lifestyles." Perhaps my outlook has been influenced by my early days on the internet, back on dial-up access, back when ICQ was all the rage, and I would have random people message me "GAY!" as if I gave a rat's ass.

Gay or not, that's an awfully desperate way to reach out and type fuck someone.

So now we have a member who has "I'm bi, so what?" in their signature. Whatever. Leave it go. It's harmless. And even if it's attention-whoring, it's only a single notch on a scale of 10. Maybe this person has been picked on enough over it that they have to come here and announce it, like some weird test to themselves that if they don't get trolled right out of PSOW, then their preferences are OK. Maybe I'm just reading between the lines when there's really only blank space.

On the flip side, you're going to have the inevitable troll. I made sure to quote the person doing the trolling when they said that's all they were doing. An admission of trolling is the real life equivalent of telling someone that you're yanking their chain. Thankfully, this is PSOW. Hate-filled trolling is minimal compared to other places. *cough* Official Forums *cough*

But all this discussion leads back to my point -- who gives a flying fuck about any of this on a message board devoted to a series of video games?

If I would have left it at "lurk moar" both sides could take it wrong way and all of the sudden I'm the asshole. Which I can be. Just not now.

bLOODSAW
Jun 24, 2008, 03:23 PM
My freind met someone on psu last year. He now lives with her on the other side of the country (freind lived in new york now he lives in washington statewith her.) They are happy together.

Based on what iv'e seen so far it doesnt seem so bad. Just another way of meeting people imo.

Merumeru
Jun 24, 2008, 04:41 PM
XD in an age where most activities are socially disabled, and those that aren't are economically unreasonable, i cant blame people for trying other methods for meeting and interacting with others, be it love interest or not

to each his own, just dont pull it out in front of me XP

Tessu
Jun 24, 2008, 04:47 PM
I can take in-game or long distance relationships seriously or not seriously depending on the people.

If it's a bunch of 14-16 year olds, then it's NOT going to work out, I assure you. But if there's a case where there is a pair of adults in a long distance relationship, then it could be possible assuming they have the resources to visit each other in person.
Or if they're a bunch of low-life internet junkies that never leave the house EVER then I could also assume in that situation it's not going to work regardless of age.

I don't pick on people about it, though. Sometimes the lack of physical interaction can make people feel more secure, including myself; and they can be more open about themselves. I'm sure someone who met their spouse online knows them much better than a couple who met in person. (After they've met, of course.)

Feelmirath
Jun 24, 2008, 07:30 PM
It doesn't concern me in any way, therefore I couldn't care less. :)

Frana
Jun 25, 2008, 11:42 AM
Actually, me and my last GF met online, but she only lived 2 hrs away. It still didn't work out, though.

SubstanceD
Jun 25, 2008, 02:46 PM

Yes we have.

On to the topic, I have no problem with with people dating each other virtually in a video game as long as they are realistic about the true nature of the relationship and it's limitations.

Don't fall for someone who lives 1000's of miles away who you will probably never meet in real life. Don't use a virtual relationship as a substitute for a real one. Don't concentrate all of your effort on your virtual relationship and ignore your real life partner ( that's more or less cheating ).

Sekani
Jun 25, 2008, 04:19 PM
An acquaintance of mine met his wife of five years in an online chat room somewhere (they lived on opposite coasts at the time). Take that as you will.

Monochrome
Jun 25, 2008, 06:00 PM
It just seems like alot of people that get into these relationships don't have the means to ever meet one another or are using it as an escape from their bad situation.

But hey, it's all good. Sometimes it feels like I know people better online than I do my next-door neighbors. So that's cool if you can make it work out IRL. I've never met anyone IRL that I knew online first...

DoubleJG
Jun 26, 2008, 04:15 PM
my first girlfriend was long distance AND she was bisexual.
crazy.

lol, nice.

If people want to date local, long distance, character & character, etc., I say let them. They just need to keep trying their options until they find "that right person", or what "works best" for them. Some people like physical contact, some don't :wacko:. I guess it varies from person to person.

UnderscoreX
Jun 26, 2008, 05:44 PM
It's getting all Myspace up in this thread.
I think the whole long distance dating among kids has to do with being shy and afraid of rejection. Most when asked to meet the people they're seeing would find a convenient way of getting out of it.

Aireshen
Jun 26, 2008, 06:41 PM
i think its okay if you actually care for some1 but those drama queens who ruin a game for many people just because some1 doesn't wanna go out with him/her or dumped him/her need some *ahem* mental help.

BlaizeYES
Jun 26, 2008, 10:40 PM
i remember a week ago i glanced over and saw a topic on dr phil about a woman that moved to palestine to be with her boyfriend she met on myspace at 18 years old... lol

i am not a believer in online relationships, especially through a game. personally, i dont really care. but its entertaining when someone will bone up on their philosophy via wikipedia to make an argument about "what is real" to validate their DIGITAL RELATIONSHIP... as long as it makes them feel the way they did when they convinced themselves as a kid that their love affair with a movie star was REAL.

and yes, this topic came up before, but i dont possess that same amount of energy to write a novel on something we've covered