PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 screenshots? might score, like Oblivion?

Saner
Jun 24, 2008, 11:26 PM
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/882/882301/imgs_1.html

hmmm not sure if it will be any good, it's smaller than Cyrodiil, plus it's kinda annoying
taking place on earth/united states. hmmmm well it might be good, not sure if it'll be
better than Fable 2, but it might. hmmmm, it might be kind of short.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200804/016_p1.asp

Kent
Jun 24, 2008, 11:47 PM
Well... Maybe if it's not like Oblivion, it has a chance to be good. >_>

Ed Lolington
Jun 25, 2008, 12:19 AM
I'm still sad Bethesda took out the prostitutes.:-(

The ones in New Reno were so funny. Both of the originals had such great humor.

ABDUR101
Jun 25, 2008, 01:04 AM
Never played any of the originals, did you Saner?(Rhetorical question.)

Not sure how you can compare it to Fable 2, whats it matter if one is better than the other? You can't have two games you enjoy?

"I can only have one bestest friend, which shall I choose!"

Solstis
Jun 25, 2008, 01:40 AM
All of the Fallout games took place in the United States.

I think that this game will be great. And if not great, pretty and addictive, just like Oblivion. There wasn't one thing that was exceptional about Oblivion, and it had a lot of bugs and poor scripting, but there was something about it that made me play it.

Anyway, Saner, I don't think that you've played Oblivion, either. That game was by no means short, unless you have tunnel vision and only played the main quest. Fallout 3 will probably ooze with sidequests. Funny sidequests. One thing Bethesda has going for it are its writers. Dogmeat might fall off of a ledge in to magma (happened way too many times in Oblivion), but it'll be worth reloading a save or two.

McLaughlin
Jun 25, 2008, 10:49 AM
No one even knows when Fable 2 is coming out. Though, I am anxiously awaiting that game.

Oblivion is by no means a short game. Fallout 3 looks pretty cool, so I'll check it out when it releases.

ABDUR101
Jun 25, 2008, 11:24 AM
Anyone with a sense of humor and a lick of wit would enjoy the Fallout series, and considering you're given the option to play in real-time or turn-based(ish) battles opens the floor to those who just want to rush things, or those who want more tactical gameplay.

I'm very much looking forward to Fallout 3, the originals were gory, post-apocalyptic fun for the whole mutated nuclear-family, and I've always been a fan of Bethesda's work. Onward and upward I say.

Also, in the whole time I played Oblivion, I rarely touched the mainquest, fuck I did'nt even finish the main quest because I loved exploring so much. A game does something right if you can wonder aimlessly around the world, merely having fun coming across landmarks, looking out over mountain views and finding your way through burrows, dens, mines and camps in the wilderness.

I was a fucking treasure hunter in that game, and nothing was more fun than coming across new people, places and thingsl and killing them for their shinies!

Saner
Jun 25, 2008, 07:39 PM
I played Oblivion and it's short if you only do the main quest. ya I never played any of the
Fallout games. but I mean, it's confirmed Fallout 3's enviornment is smaller than Oblivion's, which might not be bad but I dunno, I wonder how much more there is to do compared to
Oblivion.

Toadthroat
Jun 25, 2008, 09:56 PM
GTA4's city is smaller than San Andreas, but there was by no means a lack of things to do in that game.
A smaller playspace just means that they are focusing quality over quantity.

Saner
Jun 25, 2008, 11:21 PM
ooooh its sounds very interesting!!

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/previews/131888.Fallout-3/

KodiaX987
Jun 26, 2008, 08:08 AM
ITT, we correlate a game's replay value with the size of its world.

Maskim
Jun 26, 2008, 01:18 PM
The Fallout games are awesome. Anyone not anxiously awaiting this game....well, I dunno, but you need to be anxiously awaiting this game. Go preorder your collector's edition so you don't miss out on the Vault-boy bobble head!

Saner
Jun 30, 2008, 01:56 PM
hey heres a 8 page preview

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/Facts-about-fallout-3.aspx?catid=Features&Page=1

Weeaboolits
Jun 30, 2008, 02:03 PM
GTA4's city is smaller than San Andreas, but there was by no means a lack of things to do in that game.
A smaller playspace just means that they are focusing quality over quantity.Red County.