PDA

View Full Version : PSO Servers

Frozensword
Jun 25, 2008, 03:08 PM
I never played PSO, but I do wonder something. How long were the PSO servers up?

AlexCraig
Jun 25, 2008, 03:11 PM
Several years. They were taken down about 2 years or so ago. Just this year, Xbox and Blue Burst were taken down.

Galaxox
Jun 25, 2008, 04:03 PM
Around 4-5 years.

AynRand
Jun 25, 2008, 07:04 PM
JP Blue burst still up isnt it, if you want to play pso still online..

AlexCraig
Jun 25, 2008, 07:11 PM
Well, yes. But not many US/EU players are willing to play on the JP servers. More are willing to seek out the private servers.

1Trevor1
Jun 25, 2008, 08:38 PM
im supprised there,s not some underground servers, at least for dreamcast cuz its so easy to hack, like a download to the dramcast and you would be able to connect to it. and PSU isn't nearly as good as PSO

furrypaws
Jun 25, 2008, 08:44 PM
im supprised there,s not some underground servers, at least for dreamcast cuz its so easy to hack, like a download to the dramcast and you would be able to connect to it. and PSU isn't nearly as good as PSO

...Go find a search engine. I know of two private servers already, I'm sure there are plenty more.

And why do people randomly bash PSU in completely unrelated topics? It boggles my mind...

Galaxox
Jun 25, 2008, 09:38 PM
...Go find a search engine. I know of two private servers already, I'm sure there are plenty more.

And why do people randomly bash PSU in completely unrelated topics? It boggles my mind...
Because it stills make people angry how Sega took a huge crap on their fans and named it PSU.

AlexCraig
Jun 25, 2008, 10:12 PM
Well, it is not something we really should have. There is already enough bad blood as there is. We don't need someone to saying the wrong thing and starting a flame war.

Back on-topic, Furry is right. Just use Google, and you'll get what you need.

strikershadow
Jun 26, 2008, 02:42 PM
I wish we could talk bout it on these forums so i could play with you guys... id love to play PSO online...

Jaspaller
Jun 26, 2008, 02:55 PM
Who says we can't talk about them? We can play on them, talk about what we did, screenshots, set meetups etc. As long as we don't mention the name of the server (or GMs/owners there as well I guess) there isn't really a problem.

AlexCraig
Jun 26, 2008, 02:58 PM
Exactly. In fact, in one of the stickies (above), they go into detail about what we can and cannot say about private servers. Read that, and all shell be fine.

strikershadow
Jun 26, 2008, 03:50 PM
but when i ask where people play everyone says " i cant tell you google it" and im like...

id rather meet up with some psow people and not have to get on and meet people...

AlexCraig
Jun 26, 2008, 04:03 PM
Most likely because you ask on the forums. PM's and IM's are how you do it. I added a note from another mod in my sticky, and he says the best way to do things.

Jaspaller
Jun 26, 2008, 04:07 PM
Majority of people are likely playing on the same exact private server.

PSOPRINCE
Jun 26, 2008, 05:13 PM
I wish we could talk bout it on these forums so i could play with you guys... id love to play PSO online...

well google it and we may be able to play with you

ex.hav0k
Jun 29, 2008, 02:05 PM
google this "pso private server" that might help...

Ranmaru
Jun 30, 2008, 10:04 AM
It would be nice if Sega could put at least one server for us to publicly go on. I'm tired of getting so many photon drops and not be able to use them lol. I wouldn't even mind if I had to pay a little more for those servers either.

Dark Reaper
Jun 30, 2008, 10:35 AM
Ok I some what understand what to do thanks to all of you but I dont realy understand if it costs any money to play on these survers or just plain play online?

Jaspaller
Jun 30, 2008, 12:26 PM
Most private servers don't charge you for it but I wouldn't be surprised if some did.

furrypaws
Jun 30, 2008, 02:09 PM
Most private servers don't charge you for it but I wouldn't be surprised if some did.

I do believe that would be illegal. However, even if you did find one that charged, the only reason I can think you would use that over the "main" server is if it was for XBOX or something, whihc the "main" private server does not support.

Dark Reaper
Jun 30, 2008, 02:34 PM
ok thanks for the info but I have another question. See I play PSO with the wii, do you think I would have to pay for wii online inorder to get PSO online?

Ketchup345
Jun 30, 2008, 02:55 PM
Assuming the Wii can be used on the private servers, you would not have to pay if the server doesn't require payment. I don't think the Wii can be used online at all though.

Dark Reaper
Jun 30, 2008, 03:23 PM
Ya the wii can be used online, and now that i think about it ya im pretty sure i wouldnt need to pay for wii online if i wanted to play PSO online.

AlexCraig
Jun 30, 2008, 03:50 PM
Umm, you can't play PSO online from the Wii. I mentioned this in my sticky (above).

Dark Reaper
Jun 30, 2008, 04:07 PM
That dosnt make scence all im doing is playing GC but with the wii as a console. Im useing a GC controler and all. So realy the only difrence compared to playing it on a GC is that the console is white and not cubed. So why cant you play it that way? Its still by nintendo.

Jaspaller
Jun 30, 2008, 08:34 PM
Dude, there's basically no difference when you actually play the game. The problem is that in GCN Mode, the Wii doesn't emulate/use/recognize its own Wi-fi/broadband connection. This pretty much renders online gaming on the Wii as useless when you play GCN games.

There's no way around it. The Wii won't let PSO go online in any way unless Nintendo has corrected it (which I seriously doubt).

Nitro Vordex
Jun 30, 2008, 08:46 PM
Plus, I don't think the Wii has a BBA on it.

Or does it?

TalHex
Jun 30, 2008, 09:15 PM
in theory it could but you would have to find somebody capable of making a wii>GCN online patch, then you would have to find a way to DL it to the wii, in short its far easier to just get BB or get a GCN and a broadband connector.

EDIT: Don't give specific hints.

Dark Reaper
Jul 1, 2008, 07:07 AM
Ok thank you all very much cus you all seem to understand that connection stuf and system what ever because I clearly dont. I still dont understand it but I do no what I have to do now to play online. So agin thank you everyone!

AlexCraig
Jul 2, 2008, 03:47 PM
No problem. If you have any other questions, just ask.

Dragoon1990
Aug 15, 2008, 08:58 PM
Well I guess to sega It's only about making Money and such and they don't seem to care about the customers that made them what they are today, Don't get me wrong Sega is awsome but sometimes You wish they would be more willing to Leave at least one lobby open for those who still want to play online for any of the Consoles Like GC, BB X-box
But considering they wouldn't make profit off of it That wil just be another dream that will never come true.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 15, 2008, 09:11 PM
Old thread bumping is old. :/

AlexCraig
Aug 15, 2008, 09:23 PM
It is indeed. Try not to bump topics that are not on page 1 or are 2+ weeks old.