PDA

View Full Version : Which Soul caliber are you getting?

eXo
Jun 25, 2008, 06:23 PM
The only differience is Dark Vadar or Yoda.
yoda looks like he will be alot of fun but it's so hard to pass up the dark lord.
im so confused i dont know what to do ....

Shadowpawn
Jun 25, 2008, 06:24 PM
I REALLY wish I had the time to get one but I don't.

NPCMook
Jun 25, 2008, 06:27 PM
I'll be getting Yoda... since he comes on the 360, and I don't own a PS3 >.>

McLaughlin
Jun 25, 2008, 06:46 PM
Xbox 360.

Toadthroat
Jun 25, 2008, 06:55 PM
Well most likely Yoda as I'll be getting a 360 sometime in the future, but I'd rather have Vader. He's just way too bad ass.

eXo
Jun 25, 2008, 07:59 PM
Yea i bet that yoda is going to be very fast and borderline cheap but like really fun, while dark vadar is going to be slower like nightmare but powerful, i might get the PS3 version just because i always like playing as the bad guy .... :smile:

Anduril
Jun 25, 2008, 08:56 PM
I'm getting the 360 version since that's the only console I own. But didn't they also say something about the other character (Yoda for PS3 users, Vader for 360 users) being available for download sometime after the games release, or was that just hopeful speculation?

NPCMook
Jun 25, 2008, 10:08 PM
2 additional characters were added recently, some Anime character who uses a Polearm with a Crecent Blade and a Mace on the other end of it, along with Vader's not-so-secret-anymore-secret Apprentice.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 25, 2008, 11:37 PM
Since I have a 360 and no PS2, I'll be getting the 360 version. I really don't care for the Star Wars characters in my precious Soul Calibur series, but oh well.

Shattered_weasel
Jun 26, 2008, 12:29 AM
Kratos is in a rumor of joining the fray on the PS3.

Monochrome
Jun 26, 2008, 01:00 AM
Theoretically, the PS3 version, for Vader. I wouldn't want to get stuck with "Gon"..

Sexy_Raine
Jun 26, 2008, 03:31 AM
Don't really care, because SW is a pathetic way of Namco to give the game fanservice. They're a damn Japanese company! Why use NA movie characters? Thank God Konami and Capcom don't do this! I hope Tekken 6 gets none of this when it's releases for PS3

AC9breaker
Jun 26, 2008, 03:58 AM
When it comes to deciding which games I want for which console I decide like this. If Im gonna be playing it online a lot 360. Offline alot PS3.

Blitzkommando
Jun 26, 2008, 04:02 AM
Don't really care, because SW is a pathetic way of Namco to give the game fanservice. They're a damn Japanese company! Why use NA movie characters? Thank God Konami and Capcom don't do this! I hope Tekken 6 gets none of this when it's releases for PS3

Sega is a Japanese company that took a lot of what was in Star Wars and implemented it into the Phantasy Star series. So, what, because they are Japanese that somehow makes it taboo for them to like Star Wars because Lucas is an American?

If I got a version it would be PS3. Oddly enough I ended up with one of those before a 360. But truth be told I have only Motorstorm (came with it) and have played it maybe 30 minutes. The rest of the time it is used as our primary DVD/BD player.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 26, 2008, 04:21 AM
Sega is a Japanese company that took a lot of what was in Star Wars and implemented it into the Phantasy Star series. So, what, because they are Japanese that somehow makes it taboo for them to like Star Wars because Lucas is an American?
I'm almost expecting someone to make a vid of them playing and at some point putting DO NOT WANT on the screen. :disapprove:

AC9breaker
Jun 26, 2008, 11:49 AM
Don't really care, because SW is a pathetic way of Namco to give the game fanservice. They're a damn Japanese company!

I really don't see how its anymore pathetic then just throwing in a bunch of new barely clothed females and giving all existing females breast augmentation, and some really shitty looking ones too (http://matteomazzali.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/sc4-pub-ss-angol-fear-001.jpg). Given thats already a Dead or Alive trademark. I've always viewed the secret and special characters in Soul Calibur as a trademark of their series. I loved playing with Spawn and Link on part 2. Besides, I'm pretty interested in the new Star Wars game, Force Unleashed. It looks pretty sweet, the character design looks great too.

The only thing that pisses me off are people who are screaming omg cannon or whatever. I don't see why people are up in arms over this crossover but you never heard shit when you had Marvel Vs. Capcom SNK Vs Capcom or even the Super Smash Brother series. I'm 99% sure if they named this Soul Calibur game something else other then Soul Calibur we wouldn't hear all the fussing we do about this game.

Sexy_Raine
Jun 26, 2008, 12:13 PM
I'll agree with you that Namco is sinking to the level of Dead or Alive, lets hope the customizations aren't even worse..

As for Marvel vs. Capcom, it is its own series and not a sequel to Street Fighter. As fr Smash, it was highly requested by fans to have sonic in, since the fake rumor in Melee.

Larian
Jun 26, 2008, 12:41 PM
Xbox...me and my roomates are too poor to get a ps3 at the moment...though I think it still is on the list!

McLaughlin
Jun 26, 2008, 03:11 PM
I'm getting the 360 version since that's the only console I own. But didn't they also say something about the other character (Yoda for PS3 users, Vader for 360 users) being available for download sometime after the games release, or was that just hopeful speculation?

I'm pretty sure that's just speculation. I wouldn't count on it happening.

I too enjoyed playing as Spawn and Link (Haiyachi sucked. >_>). Against them? ...Not so much.

Weeaboolits
Jun 26, 2008, 03:19 PM
I still think just the look of Vader clashes horribly with the style of the other characters, and who the hell is rainbow spikes head?

Although, I'm wondering if they'll make a Soul Edge lightsaber, that could be potentially awesome looking.

Toadthroat
Jun 26, 2008, 03:29 PM
I still think just the look of Vader clashes horribly with the style of the other characters, and who the hell is rainbow spikes head?

Although, I'm wondering if they'll make a Soul Edge lightsaber, that could be potentially awesome looking.

You're worried about Vader? What about the other crazy anime characters that were announced?
Angol Fea, A clockwork robot gothic lolita, and a dual-wielding female samurai with huge tits and a thong.

Its safe to say at this point in time, SC has lost all semblance of being even SLIGHTLY historically accurate. Just roll with it and have fun.

Weeaboolits
Jun 26, 2008, 03:58 PM
I've only seen rainbow spikes head over there, I don't know about any others.

She looks stupid too.

At any rate, I wouldn't bother with these cameo characters beyond trying them out a bit, I highly doubt they'll stay over for SC5, so I'd just stick to using Talim again.

UnderscoreX
Jun 26, 2008, 05:35 PM
I don't like Star Wars enough to care about which character is in which version, I only have a PS3 however so there isn't much of a choice. And like Shattered Weasel said EGM have rumoured that Kratos from GOW will appear in the PS3 version which is incredibly more enticing than either of the Star Wars characters.