PDA

View Full Version : 7 minutes uninterrupted gameplay media!

Saner
Jun 25, 2008, 10:45 PM
of OoE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8ga65urw6M

sigh, it really should of come to xbox live arcade, or at least ps2....

Kent
Jun 25, 2008, 11:01 PM
Nah... DS is fine. Portable Castlevania is a great idea.

Saner
Jun 25, 2008, 11:22 PM
>_> if only portables today were like the Sega Nomad. at least that thing could be
hooked to a TV without needing adapters. :p

TheOneHero
Jun 25, 2008, 11:23 PM
DS is just fine and it's pretty much the official system for Castlevania and has been for awhile.

If you want another console Castlevania, one for the Wii is supposed to come out this fall.

NPCMook
Jun 25, 2008, 11:38 PM
>_> if only portables today were like the Sega Nomad. at least that thing could be
hooked to a TV without needing adapters. :p Play in a Well Lit area, and get some Glasses

Also the Nomad was horrible, not game wise since it used actual Genesis games, but Battery life was horrible, on a road trip you'd have to pretty much stop at every gas station to get MORE BATTERIES for it

Monochrome
Jun 26, 2008, 12:57 AM
Barlowe:
"and, of course, a simple, violent blow works wonders too!"

I laughed.

Looks/sounds great, as expected.

Syanaide
Jun 26, 2008, 03:52 AM
Ah, Castlevania. One of the only games that everyone's too afraid of criticizing it's 20 year old gameplay.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 26, 2008, 04:05 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and say it: I don't think the DS should do 3d games. Sure, some were okay, but the clarity they have with the isometric/2D/2.5D games, they're fantastic. Also, they could use 3d, but I mean like they did with Sonic Rush. Those were great looking.

Zorafim
Jun 26, 2008, 10:06 AM
This guy doesn't have much skill, huh?

Well, the level selection seems pretty interesting. One thing I liked about Super Castlevania was that it started outside of the castle, in one of the surrounding villages. I've always wanted to see the influence of evil outside the castle, since it doesn't seem like a big deal if it's an isolated incident.

So, um, is it just me, or is the main character dual wielding swords? It seems like combos are going to be used for weapons now.

Saner
Jun 26, 2008, 01:10 PM
ya Shanoa can equip glyphs on her back, and arms. so her two primary attacks from her
arms can be used for comboing and dual wielding different attack glyphs.

see this vid displays where her glyphs are equipped. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjn9a8Bxvbs

Jainsea
Jun 26, 2008, 02:11 PM
man that guy sucked :T but... YAY CASTLEVANIA !!<3333
I cant wait to get this for my DS :3
I hope it has a Boss Rush mode too :D

Zorafim
Jun 26, 2008, 06:32 PM
It took me looking up the interview to understand how it works. It seems as if the arms may be quicker attacks, such as melee attacks, while the back would be more powerful attacks, assuming you can only equip one glyph per spot. I come to this conclusion after seeing that one clip of the main character slashing twice with a sword before using a large sword to do a sweeping attack.
Well, from what I've seen, I think I'll enjoy the system this game will work on. I'm glad, it'll be enough old stuff to keep fans that want the old things happy, but enough new things to keep the series fresh.

So, I'm hearing that the release date will be in the fall. Is this just the release date for japan, or will it be release in america at that time as well? It seems like there is some english text, so it looks like the english release can't be too far... Does this mean the japanese version is already out, or are they releasing both versions at the same time?

TheOneHero
Jun 26, 2008, 06:35 PM
Japan release this fall. Release date for North America has yet to be announced, but I would assume shortly after the JP release.