PDA

View Full Version : Looking to see who else plays on the JP servers

autumn
Jun 27, 2008, 11:26 AM
Okay, I put this up on the official forums and got back nothing but the general idiocy. I'd like to see who else is playing on the JP servers. A handful of my friends and myself are contemplating making the switch to see if we like it any better. We are willing to deal with everything being in moonspeak by way of items and menus ect. I want to know how difficult it is being a primarily English speaking person to find other people to speak and party with, whether or not game play is actually any better. I know on our servers the people who speak other languages have places they get together so they can party, is there anything like that on the other servers? I have tons of questions that are going to effect this decision and I would like someone who would be willing to answer a few questions (and possibly people to party with if we make the move)

Autumn

Ceresa
Jun 27, 2008, 12:07 PM
I think there's less then 20 these days, with only like half meeting any normal standards of active. There used to be a universe for all the importers to go on but it seems kinda pointless now that there's so few.

For grouping with JP supremacists, you can use the predefined chat things to say "hi" "bye" "congratulations on your kelserin, rock on" and so forth, and I'm sure if you looked hard enough you'll find a few that will speak english and hold a conversation with you.

As for finding parties, just join one that doesn't have Your class = X in the description and you should be usually ok...JP mostly flock to the latest and greatest mission however.

UA6 (double xp and gimp mob stats) is going on now for 4 more weeks though, I recommend impulse buying and seeing for yourself, doesn't seem like you'd miss much on the NA servers right now, and if you do end up liking it, it's a nice start on JP.

Kylie
Jun 27, 2008, 12:12 PM
:-(! A lot of my friends (well, at least three) are thinking about "turning Japanese," and I imagine the number of our players over there will only keep increasing. I'd go by Ceresa's post, though, as I've heard the same things.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 27, 2008, 12:14 PM
general idiocy.
I don't know what you expected here. :roll:

autumn
Jun 27, 2008, 12:15 PM
Thank you for someone giving me some kind of useful information :) So there aren't many people who play over there from US/EU. There have been alot of pics of JP only parties so I was concerned about alot of hate because my group isn't JP....

Arika
Jun 27, 2008, 12:16 PM
well, if you know how to speak JP, that is the best place,
but if not, it will end up that you can play with less than 20 ppl, and most of the time, and less than 10 ppl online at the same time ( that is way lower population than US server lol)
Just to let you know first that those JP can't speak or listen Eng.

as far as I concern, I never seen that amount of non-JP user hate that much before until this event, I m assume that somebody in US or a group did annoy them or did something bad. I dunno..

Thus, if you want to move, you d better make sure that you know their rule first before doing so.
for example : It is rude in JP if you join random party and prac tech by using lighting tech or lighting enemy, JP community is a hardcore one, they hate anybody who share the stuff and not work for the team. while I alway seen these kind of people on UNi2/US tho. Most of the time, they usually solo if they are practicing PA, it is very common that you will see people their with all PA at 40, 50.

For me, I alway be a good player for team when I party, and I know little JP culture and a bit of commutation, so I never have any problem with them before.

Inazuma
Jun 27, 2008, 01:02 PM
i play on jp ver as much as i can, which is mostly on weekends. like others have said there are about 20 english players rite now, and usually a handful of em are online so you should be able to find an english speaking party on a regular basis. many old english players have returned recently, along w/ a lot of brand new players. i know of few ppl who are waiting for their copies to arrive, so there should be other low levels to hang w/ too.

joining the jp ver seems to be the popular thing nowadays

The_Brimada
Jun 27, 2008, 01:10 PM
Actually I ordered my JP copy of AOI last night, so I'll be one of the handful of US people found there soon >.>

Arika
Jun 27, 2008, 01:12 PM
I suggest you to come if you think you can adjust yourself to follow their community rule. and don't come if you think that you might cause negative feedback to US players in JP players view. Because when somebody do anything wrong, they might assume other US are the same as that guy. This is why the "JP only" on party comment just happened to become hot recently.

Inazuma
Jun 27, 2008, 01:20 PM
as far as I concern, I never seen that amount of non-JP user hate that much before until this event, I m assume that somebody in US or a group did annoy them or did something bad. I dunno..

there have been a lot more "JP ONLY" comments recently. i think its mostly to prevent the chinese players from joining and hogging items/booting before boss boxes. around the time when white beast S2 was popular, i experienced first hand multiple times chinese players who would join just for boss boxes, then leave the party. there seems to be a lot more chinese than there used to be. there are probably hundreds of em now.

i asked a few jp players why they put JP ONLY in the comment and they said its b/c of the chinese joining just for boss boxes. 「箱狙い」 -_-

some chinese players are "gold farmers" also, which might explain why they can be ruthless when it comes to getting rare items. of course, not every chinese player is a bad guy. ive met some perfectly good chinese players too. a lot of em can speak english, which is nice.

The_Brimada
Jun 27, 2008, 01:32 PM
Switching servers won't affect me much anyway.
I solo most of the time, and I know a few of the importers if I do decide to play in a party.

Arika
Jun 27, 2008, 01:33 PM
I see, that is good, at least it is not problem from US :P

Aorre
Jun 27, 2008, 01:41 PM
I used Playasia and it took them 10 days to actually ship it.

But yeah, anything has to be better than this...

Can't wait to see you, Brim!

Nezumirro
Jun 27, 2008, 01:48 PM
OK ppl in this thread and the recent BS Sagac amerikka has put me through is making this seeem like a really good idea... do you absolutely need to know moonrune to get your gaurdian's license and imput your payment info or can you manage without the knowlage of the kanji/kana combo??

Arika
Jun 27, 2008, 01:48 PM
I suggest that you should keep your US account for a while. Try it first! and decide whether to quit US account or not later.
It is really different between individual person to think if this is good server to stay or not. Depend on your JP skill and what kind of person are you. It is not only about how often you solo.
It is also relate to social issue and different in the way of earning meseta too. Also, JP search function = JP name only, those who can't type JP = can't search shop with name
In the past, many JP importers regretted after try it a few months and back to US server. FYI

Aorre
Jun 27, 2008, 01:57 PM
OK ppl in this thread and the recent BS Sagac amerikka has put me through is making this seeem like a really good idea... do you absolutely need to know moonrune to get your gaurdian's license and imput your payment info or can you manage without the knowlage of the kanji/kana combo??

Well, Google translate won't work in the registration process because they are secure pages. You'll need to know at least what to put in all the boxes. Not to worry! I, and a few others here would be more than happy to walk you through the registration process if you're insistent on switching over. If this continues to be a trend, I would suggest someone create a new guide on how to tackle JP registration.

Any questions, post here or contact me!

autumn
Jun 27, 2008, 02:03 PM
Thank you much I'll be doing just that! I plan on keeping my account here for a bit as well. If I stay JP I'll leave all my rarz in a low level players room as a gift :D Please keep in contact with me if a group of us go to the import we'll have a group to grow with and I'm a reasonably good player (ie if you're rare hunting and I get your rare running with you, its yours for instance) I think I'll start with and acrotecher, spending the hours buff leveling because AT are welcome most places.

Mewnie
Jun 27, 2008, 02:20 PM
I've been considering it.. but damn, I don't want to leave the folks I know behind X3

Deep down, I'm wishing they just merge the Eng PC/PS2 servers with the JP and be done with this whole debacle.

beatrixkiddo
Jun 27, 2008, 02:27 PM
Yes, but SoJ doesn't want that, and haven't since GC. (Or was DC the last time JP and EN mingled?)

ashley50
Jun 27, 2008, 02:29 PM
I know basic Hiragana/Katakana characters and I can do fine when I played on JP servers. You should at least know some basic to be at least be able to get around (at least imo).

Aorre
Jun 27, 2008, 02:48 PM
I know basic Hiragana/Katakana characters and I can do fine when I played on JP servers. You should at least know some basic to be at least be able to get around (at least imo).

Agreed. Katakana might be a great place to start since it's a video game and your weapons (among many other inventory items) will be written that way.

autumn
Jun 27, 2008, 02:57 PM
Dare I even ask if there is a program that will translate parts of the game? I have heard mention that there is one (I play on PC) but I'd like some additional information on that as well if possible. It might just be a rumor, and its okay if it is, but if it isn't I'd like to know where to get it.

Inazuma
Jun 27, 2008, 03:20 PM
just take a little time and learn katakana. its really not as hard as you would think. most of the game is actually in english, just written w/ katakana characters.

the english alphabet is way harder than katakana btw

Rayokarna
Jun 27, 2008, 03:30 PM
Im also thinking about trying out the JP server, Im just waiting for money lol.

relentless
Jun 27, 2008, 03:37 PM
just take a little time and learn katakana. its really not as hard as you would think. most of the game is actually in english, just written w/ katakana characters.

the english alphabet is way harder than katakana btw

Lol Sounds tempting to learn that now then. XD

mvffin
Jun 27, 2008, 04:33 PM
Yes, but SoJ doesn't want that, and haven't since GC. (Or was DC the last time JP and EN mingled?)

pretty sure GC was a worldwide server. And with all the glitches and hax and dupes on GC, it was all the US's fault. (even though the primary haxxor was in the UK)

Csero
Jun 27, 2008, 04:51 PM
The 360 servers are shared with the Japanese yes? So that means I am boned because I don't own a PS2 or decent PC -___-

Chaegyung
Jun 27, 2008, 05:15 PM
I play on the Japanese servers~
Although I've been learning Japanese for about two years now, I'm not confident enough in my conversational skills so I tend to play solo.

Zantra
Jun 27, 2008, 05:33 PM
The 360 servers are shared with the Japanese yes? So that means I am boned because I don't own a PS2 or decent PC -___-

I play on Xbox, and yes, I think that we are...

Due to the number of high level characters with katakana in their names.

But, I think the Xbox 360 servers updates are behind the PS2's and PC's.

Maybe even for the Japanese players.

But someone else would probably know for sure.

Namira
Jun 27, 2008, 08:15 PM
Learning katakana is basically the only requirement, but it only takes a few hours, and after that you'll be able to read any item name and use the shop system with no problem.

Also, I play in random japanese parties all the time and I never have any problems. The new event is the first time I've seen so many JPOnly parties, like others have said, but there's still enough parties that aren't JPOnly for you to join. I can't read any party descriptions, but I've never been kicked out for not following any set rules. You'll need to learn to recognize and type a few words: hello, thank you, congratulations, bye, etc. I have all of these shortcutted. I also have a shortcut message that says (in japanese) that I'm Canadian and I appologize for not being able to speak any Japanese. I use this whenever I enter a party and from what I can tell, japanese people are ok with it. =P I haven't come across too many that speak english, but I see a lot that will say "thanks", "bye", and other simple words.

There used to be more than 20 english-speaking players, the number has gone down recently, but with all the recent problems on US and more people considering moving, I hope that number will go up. :D

Arika
Jun 27, 2008, 10:01 PM
Learning katakana is basically the only

There used to be more than 20 english-speaking players, the number has gone down recently, but with all the recent problems on US and more people considering moving, I hope that number will go up. :D

Yes, that is what I said about people who tried to be on JP server, but then back to US after a few weeks-fews-month. So I suggest you guys test it first for at least 1 month before decision. Some of them even deleted US account and have to back to re gain LV on US account again <<;