PDA

View Full Version : Oh, God, what did I do to deserve this?

Tessu
Jun 27, 2008, 12:16 PM
Sorry for the wall of text. It might be rather hard to understand because I'm so burnt out over this I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.
tl;dr: My dad and sister scream at each other every day and it's causing me high blood pressure, depression, anxiety and many other problems because I can't handle a constant stressful environment.

Yep, my family's gone totally insane. Damn it, I wish my mom were here.

All right, let me tell you all of what's happened so far.

So it's the morning of the arrival of my cousins, Emma and Gianni, otherwise known as "Gi". They've lived in California for the past 2-3 years and I haven't seen them in a while. I've been excited all week. Emma is the only person who I'm really close to in my family.
My mom is going to be out for work today so she told us to clean the house. That's okay with me. She gets anxiety about the house being unclean when people are visiting, and I don't want her to have anxiety at work today. I had it all planned out in my head, to call her up and say "Don't worry, the house is clean," and I'd feel really good afterwards knowing I'd relieved her of some of her troubles.
But I can't clean up the whole house myself. I have a little sister named Alicia, heh, I'm sure some people have heard a good bit or two about her. Long story short, she's a spoiled brat. She's only 11, but still. My mom told me, "Tess, try not to fight with Alicia. Just say: 'Mom wants this done, you can do this or this, which do you want?' Try to work as a team." As long as she cooperates, I don't mind working with my sister to get the job done.

All that pretty much went down the drain.

The second my sister wakes up she goes raving out the door of her room screaming at me for using her shampoo. Then she starts yelling at my dad to hook up her printer to her computer or some shit and to nail her "bulletin board" to her wall. It goes something like this:

Alicia: DAD YOU WILL FUCKING DO IT OR I WILL FUCKING [some kind of threat here]
Dad: I'VE BEEN BEHIND ON MY FUCKING WORK ALL WEEK BECAUSE OF YOU MAKING ME DO ALL YOUR TRIVIAL SHIT AND DRIVING YOU TO YOUR FRIENDS' HOUSES AND KEEPING ME UP ALL NIGHT DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT I NEED TO WORK
Alicia: I DON'T FUCKING CARE YOU SAID YOU WOULD DO THIS FOR ME I EXPECT YOU TO HOLD TRUE TO YOUR WORD
Dad: I DON'T FUCKING HAVE TIME
Alicia: YOU MOTHERFUCKER JUST...

...it goes on like this for about 30 minutes. Of constant screaming and yelling. My dad sounds like he's going to pop a vein and my sister sounds like her vocal cords are going to give out. I thought this was the worst of it. Meanwhile, I'm organizing the shoes in the front room because that was the first thing my mother wanted done.

Then eventually my dad finally decides to do whatever shit for Alicia she wanted him to do. There's a pause where it seems like things are okay; Alicia gets a call from her friend asking to join her on a boat, etc, etc. So my sister's in a good mood now, and is apologizing to dad while still yelling. "DAD I'M SORRY I'M PMSING MY FRIENDS ARE ANNOYING ME OKAY I'M MOODY DAD I'M SORRY GOSH DAD"
Sooner or later, screaming breaks out again. My dad is trying to nail a bulletin board to the wall and is having a hard time with it. Some of what he's shouting is just gibberish. Now he REALLY sounds like he's going to pop a vein. Meanwhile my sister is yelling back at him, and eventually she says:

Alicia: FINE DAD FUCK IT I DON'T WANT YOU TO DO IT ANYMORE YOU'RE JUST FREAKING OUT AND SCREAMING
Dad: NO

So now my dad is INSISTING on putting up the bulletin board even though I'm getting kinda worried about his heart here.
After a few crashes, bangs, and screaming fights, it quiets down again. I'm still doing the front room. Sweeping it up at this point. Then my sister goes into the kitchen, looks at herself in the mirror, does a pose and says "Damn I look good."

Tess: ... Do you not feel ANY remorse for what you've done?
Alicia: Um, he's pretty much doing it himself, so nope.
Tess: You were the one who wanted him to do it in the first place.
Alicia: Um, yeah, but now I don't want him to. So like, it's not my fault. -pose- I'm gorgeous.

She's really bugging me now. I can't stand it when she acts like a brat and then blames it on dad because he's... so... tempermental. I was ready to stab her to death with the broom but I tried keeping my cool. ;\
Then my dad starts SCREAMING again. At the top of his lungs. It's making MY heart rate go up. I can't stand it when he does that. And then my sister pulls: "Oh by the way, I'm going out with my friends today so like, you have to clean the house yourself. Plus you're pissing me off. So yeah, bye."

And it occurs to me: She doesn't give a shit. This has been the most important thing to me since I heard the news they were coming to visit in January. And my sister just doesn't care. She's got a million other friends she can just go off and have fun with. And I realize there is NO convincing her.
And then my sister goes back into her room, yelling, etc, and then there's some huge crashing, glass breaking, something being thrown REALLY HARD against my door, my dad screaming "OW",...

It's just this perpetual cycle. I can't stand this anymore. There's this yelling-screaming conflict every goddamn day in the house. I need out of here.

Kion
Jun 27, 2008, 01:50 PM
i was wondering when your next bi-weekly rant about your little sister would be. ^^

My mom used to sleep in the basement, but the mold was bad for her asthma, so we made an agreement to switch rooms over the summer. The basement was dark and grungy never have really been cleaned for the last ten years. There were book cases covered with dust, old furniture and it was always pretty cold down there. For a month my mom and I went about packing up books and putting stuff in the attic until clutter was gone. Once her stuff was out the basement was mine and pretty much turned nocturnal. Sleeping all day and getting up at night to watch movies and clean. Eventually i got tired of movies and most of my waking hours were spent cleaning until the basement was in really good condition. My house is only two stories, so i thought i had half the house to myself. I had half of it set up with couches and my tv for video games, another area for my clothes and bed and a separate area for studying. The basement had never actually been usable before, so i figured my family not being accustomed to using it would leave me in peace in my space that i had created for myself.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!
Once both my sisters were back in high school they has parties in my basement every weekend, saturaday and sunday. One of my sister's friends families was going back to austraila and he wanted to stick around in Virginia for another year, so with out asking me, my sister says "oh, no worries we have a big basement, you can share with my brother." And all of a sudden my oasis was gone. With a third person parties were no longer every week end but every other day with loud music, alcohol and smoking. the door to outside was through my room and so was the bath room so people would constantly run through my room for something or another. the worst part is when people would leave the back door open in winter and my room inside would go below freezing. This was a pretty every day occurrence for months and i was pretty pissed off as i found it hard to study, have my own friends over, or even enjoy quiet. i complained about it to my mom, but she had a policy of "i'd rather parties here where it can be safe" and telling my sisters not to ave parties was worthless as they didn't respect me in the least bit and would let their friends through the back door. I'd still try to keep the place clean as i didn't want to live in a shit hole all the time which was a pretty relentless task. My sister thought of me as a maid and once clean after just having friends over they would invite more people. They never cleaned up after themselves once.

I can relate to relentless aggravation. I couldn't get other people to change; the way i got through it was music. I developed a classical music addiction and that was the way i figured out how to relax. Sleeping, studying everything i did pretty much required head phones to drown out the noise and classical was the only thing that if loud you can still sleep to. Studying zen and karate for discipline followed. You kind of keep yourself centered and don't stress over what you can't control. It sounds like your dad is pretty hot headed as well and your sister reflects and learns his behavior. There's not much action you can take as a mediator. I'd talk with your dad and tell him to cool off, and keep reminding him to keep his calm. And then be a cool presence yourself in the house.

Shadowpawn
Jun 27, 2008, 02:32 PM
Your sister needs to be slapped, seriously.

VanHalen
Jun 27, 2008, 02:52 PM
Your sister needs to be slapped, seriously.

This.

Or even some kind of camp of some sorts.....one that involves boots probably.

CelestialBlade
Jun 27, 2008, 03:11 PM
She needs to live on her own for a year. She wouldn't make it a month.

EphekZ
Jun 27, 2008, 03:40 PM
Your sister needs a serious reality check. I didn't, and still don't, dare cuss at my parents or even around them. I think you should sit down with your dad and tell him what he needs to do to fix this bitch.

@kion: Why weren't you at the parties?

Tessu
Jun 27, 2008, 04:26 PM
i was wondering when your next bi-weekly rant about your little sister would be. ^^

Hey, I'm going to try and not rant about her too much. Today was just a major issue.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 27, 2008, 05:01 PM
This.

Or even some kind of camp of some sorts.....one that involves boots probably.

Either that or an Electro Shock collar that sends 13,000 volts through her when she screams. :wacko:

Darkly
Jun 27, 2008, 07:59 PM
it really is the daily grind with siblings, took 8 years of crap from my little bro before he finally mellowed out.

I feel bad for you, but just remember explosive arguments happen in almost every household - however good they look from the outside.

Kion
Jun 27, 2008, 08:05 PM
@kion: Why weren't you at the parties?

I tried drinking and hanging out with my sister's friends at first. but i kind of picked up that they were all losers.

Tessu
Jun 27, 2008, 08:06 PM
it really is the daily grind with siblings, took 8 years of crap from my little bro before he finally mellowed out.

I feel bad for you, but just remember explosive arguments happen in almost every household - however good they look from the outside.

Yeah, I know they do. I just wish it didn't have to be so often here. I mean, my mom questions why I'm so unhealthy... gee, maybe it's the constant stress I'm put under, y'know? :\

Nitro Vordex
Jun 27, 2008, 08:21 PM
Aren't you 18 Tess? You can't move out yet?

Tessu
Jun 27, 2008, 09:08 PM
I can move out--but where would I go? I have no job, and VERY little money, no car, no nearby relatives... I plan to get a job and all, but as of right now I am just a bum.

Sayara
Jun 27, 2008, 09:20 PM
On a offrelated note if i ever called my father a motherfucker i wouldn't be here to tell this comment.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 27, 2008, 11:47 PM
On a offrelated note if i ever called my father a motherfucker i wouldn't be here to tell this comment.

This. To the muther fuscking truth.

VanHalen
Jun 28, 2008, 01:53 AM
Aren't you 18 Tess? You can't move out yet?

You say it like an 18 year old can make a salary to afford a place to live easily.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 28, 2008, 02:13 AM
I hear dumpsters this season are nice.

But in all seriousness, I don't understand why your mom or dad haven't done anything Tessu, it makes no sense. Do they enjoy having a brat in the house?

Tessu
Jun 28, 2008, 02:24 AM
I don't know, Nitro. I really wish I did. It's just that my mom is always saying "Alicia needs therapy" - "That girl needs more discipline" - "We need to do something about her" but nothing ever gets done. And my dad, heh, well, he just turns into a green giant with huge bulky muscles that can't stop screaming ;\

Chuck_Norris
Jun 28, 2008, 02:50 AM
I recomend you find one of those Karate Dojo's that are very good at "discipline" :wacko:

One I went to would just have the kid do Pushups and lift weights the entire class (an hour class mind you) if the parents told them they had an attetude problem and wanted them to do something about it.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 28, 2008, 02:58 AM
Actually, martial arts are a great way to be disciplined.

Except, you realize that you made them weapons(your kids I mean >>).

Eihwaz
Jun 28, 2008, 03:00 AM
On a offrelated note if i ever called my father a motherfucker i wouldn't be here to tell this comment.Yeah, seriously. Ever hear of "respecting your parents?"

Anyway, I've been subject to some similar stuff, Tessu, so I send you my best wishes. When it gets bad, I'd just go for a quick jog or something, depending on time, of course.

Chuck_Norris
Jun 28, 2008, 03:00 AM
Except, you realize that you made them weapons(your kids I mean >>).

That's why you do it with them. :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
Jun 28, 2008, 03:02 AM
So you'd have a reason to beat the crap out of your kids for being idiots, using the excuse you were training?

Hel yeh?

VanHalen
Jun 28, 2008, 03:10 AM
I hear dumpsters this season are nice.

*packs bags*

EphekZ
Jun 29, 2008, 04:30 AM
Tessu
It's probably a bit late for this, but are you guys still in school? Or is she rather? Call her school counselor, since that's probably the fastest, free, form of therapy you'll be able to get.
She should be able to summons your sister into her office, if she doesn't go it gets handed to the dean etc.
I have a feeling that she'd fear other forms of authority rather than your parents who allow her to take advantage.
Anyway, I'm afraid it's too late since most schools are out already.

Katrina
Jun 29, 2008, 07:52 AM
It sounds like she doesn't respect your parents at all. She's only 11, and it could get much worse (for her) when she hits her teens. That lack of responsibility and having no authority figure or consequence could cause her to make some very bad decisions.

MetaZedlen
Jun 29, 2008, 09:39 AM
As much as I can't stand my parents sometimes, I would never call either of them motherfuckers, or even say fuck around them for that matter...

Your sister needs to get her ass kicked, being that they think they are invincible when they are so tough like that, but if you happen to do the right kind of violence at the right time, they will clean up their act right then and there. Now sometimes it may take more than 1 treatment, but whatever is needed to be done.

It is time to take a stand, you are the oldest sibling, and as much as I hate hearing this myself, you need to do the responsible thing.

Tessu
Jun 29, 2008, 10:17 AM
@Ephek: She doesn't have a school counselor. Also, she doesn't fear other authority figures. She treats her teachers as good as she treats my parents.

@Zedlen: I try and do the responsible thing, or at least go for the most rational solution, but whenever I make an attempt all I get back is "Don't interfere", "It's none of your business", "Stay out of it" etc.

EphekZ
Jun 29, 2008, 06:25 PM
No one fears teachers. You need the higher school figures who can actually do something. Are you sure there isn't a school counselor? I thought every school had at least one.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 29, 2008, 06:31 PM
All schools have a counselor. You have to go up to the office; they don't have counselors for every student. It's usually a few people helping out maybe hundreds of students.

Tessu
Jun 30, 2008, 12:14 AM
If her school's got a counselor, it's not directly called a counselor because I've never heard of one. I went to her school growing up and there wasn't any kind of counselor.

Mewnie
Jun 30, 2008, 12:42 AM
Tessu, I have to be bluntly honest here.. it sounds like your parents have failed in raising your sister X3 From the sounds of it, though, they at least did something right with you. :3

At least take comfort in the fact that if your sister continues the way she's going, reality will bite her in the ass sooner than later. Sometimes people need a hearty dose of The Real World(tm) to set them straight.

Tessu
Jun 30, 2008, 01:01 AM
Well thanks Mewnie, hah. xD
Yeah, they didn't really enforce many rules or anything in her life, and didn't teach her much respect. I'm definitely not cut out to be a parent but I think I'm competent enough to judge something like that x\

I sometimes do, but I'm not that vicious, haha. I just feel sorry for her and get kinda worried. It's like... I don't like my sister, but I love her and feel a need to protect her. Even if she doesn't deserve it.

DreXxiN
Jun 30, 2008, 07:07 AM
Your little sister = my Little brother, except we've tried the medications, the hospital, detention, the police, etc. ...I Swear some people just can't NOT be a complete dick when they are younger.

Sorry you have to go through that. ;/

Weeaboolits
Jun 30, 2008, 07:13 AM
Punch her in the throat.

MetaZedlen
Jun 30, 2008, 11:10 AM
@Zedlen: I try and do the responsible thing, or at least go for the most rational solution, but whenever I make an attempt all I get back is "Don't interfere", "It's none of your business", "Stay out of it" etc.

I have gotten that too, but sometimes you have to break the law to make things right, and you know what? If your parents bitch you out, but you have done what you wanted, just develop a mental block when they are yelling at you, because you will be feeling too good if you did what you wanted to your sister.

Ya gotta go above and beyond sometimes.

Leviathan
Jul 8, 2008, 08:51 PM
Your sister sounds like she's going to be one of those girls on Maury who disobey their parents &have sex with a plethora of guys. That's in the direction she's going, so something has to be done soon or else she's going to end up like them.

What's all this about a boat? Are her friends spoiled too? They might also have affected her.

MetaZedlen
Jul 9, 2008, 10:32 AM
Your sister sounds like she's going to be one of those girls on Maury who disobey their parents &have sex with a plethora of guys. That's in the direction she's going, so something has to be done soon or else she's going to end up like them.

You forgot about the part where they want to get pregnant at 16 and expect the parents to take care of their trash kids.

But then again, if she were to get sent to prison for the "just to see what it is like" scenario, that might clean up the act, but then again, it is only TV, and who knows if it is just put on...

Darkly
Jul 9, 2008, 10:43 AM
im sure by the time shes 18 she will mature and think what a prick she was, most people grow out of it. Sorry its going to be a painful few years tho lol, andddd if shes still a bitch by 18 im sure you wont be living with her by tha point anyway.

Night_Raid
Jul 10, 2008, 03:11 PM
im sure by the time shes 18 she will mature and think what a prick she was, most people grow out of it.

....Where do YOU live? O_o

Anyways, no offense to your parents either, but it REALLY sounds like they've let discipline slip. In a totally non-joking manner, I'm totally pro-beating your kids. My dad might've been an asshole as a person, but if you opened your mouth to him in the wrong way you were liable to get thrown into a wall. Depending on your relationship with your parents (I.E. talking to them like humans, something that others, I.E. me, don't have the liberty of having) you should seriously talk to them about your sister. Your dad is a MAJOR pushover, don't get me wrong. I don't mean to offend you, but any grown man, let alone a father who allows an eleven year old girl to walk all over him, cursing at him all along the way is a total push over. I'm no Nanny 911, but I do know that if your kid yells "FUCK" at you, then that's ass whooping territory, and if not. Then some kind of punishment, sure, at her age 'time out doesn't work'. But there's a plethora of other things your parents could do. If she's a materialistic bitch, then there's plenty of shit they can take away. Hell, if she's so intent on your dad hooking shit up to her computer, then how about having no fucking computer to begin with?

Toadthroat
Jul 10, 2008, 03:16 PM
....Where do YOU live? O_o

Anyways, no offense to your parents either, but it REALLY sounds like they've let discipline slip. In a totally non-joking manner, I'm totally pro-beating your kids. My dad might've been an asshole as a person, but if you opened your mouth to him in the wrong way you were liable to get thrown into a wall. Depending on your relationship with your parents (I.E. talking to them like humans, something that others, I.E. me, don't have the liberty of having) you should seriously talk to them about your sister. Your dad is a MAJOR pushover, don't get me wrong. I don't mean to offend you, but any grown man, let alone a father who allows an eleven year old girl to walk all over him, cursing at him all along the way is a total push over. I'm no Nanny 911, but I do know that if your kid yells "FUCK" at you, then that's ass whooping territory, and if not. Then some kind of punishment, sure, at her age 'time out doesn't work'. But there's a plethora of other things your parents could do. If she's a materialistic bitch, then there's plenty of shit they can take away. Hell, if she's so intent on your dad hooking shit up to her computer, then how about having no fucking computer to begin with?

You are a gentleman and a scholar. I salute you.

Larian
Jul 10, 2008, 03:27 PM
I remember when my parents were getting divorced...I became a horrible nightmare to the both of them...My mom was smart and got sick of me, so she decided to get some poliece intervention going...lets just say I was scared back to normal instantly...

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 10, 2008, 05:11 PM
Hit your sister. Kids dislike pain.

I can swear with my dad but if I ever called him a MOTHERFUCKER I would be terribly BEATEN. There's a line where shit is not taken.

Leviathan
Jul 11, 2008, 05:33 PM
You forgot about the part where they want to get pregnant at 13 and expect their baby to love them unconditionally.

They're staring younger now. But their constant need for attention prompts them to get a child so someone will love them forever which is not the case.
<Ex. They don't love their parents.>

But then again, if she were to get sent to prison for the "just to see what it is like" scenario, that might clean up the act, but then again, it is only TV, and who knows if it is just put on...

One can dream, but hopefully something as eye-opening as that could change their ways.

Fossil
Jul 17, 2008, 10:22 PM
You know they sell tasers online for fairly cheap these days? Just walk in on an argument and hit your sister in the ribs with it- game over. She'll go from super-bitch to cowering dog in a matter of seconds...

On a slightly more serious note, your sister needs some discipline asap. It has been said by a lot of people already, but your dad obviously isn't doing the job, no offense or anything, but you need to take things into your own hands. It really bugs the shit out of me when I hear of families that have to deal with this kind of crap because it is like catering to an attention whore.

For example, my roommate has 2 dogs that absolutely drive me up a fucking wall. It wasn't like this when we moved in a month ago. I enjoyed going over to her old house and playing with her 80 pound Great Dane/Lab mix. Her other dog is some stupid annoying fat little chiuwawa/terrior mix.

Once we moved in I slowly began to realize how disobediant and attention wanting these dogs were. Everyone loves them because they love you like a fat kid loves cake. I HATE attention whores and my roommate, Charlie, knows I don't tolerate begging or any of that shit. I yell at her dogs and tell them to get out of the kitchen or go lay down and since we've moved in, most everyone else has adopted my discipline practices because I always speak out loud how I feel about things like that.

Her dog isn't so quick to walk in the kitchen now and when I tell them to shut up they shut up(barking pointlessly). I was never a dog person honestly, but still if her dog was a little more independant I may enjoy his company a bit more, but I don't. It irritates me and I can't wait to bring my cats over to this house.

Anyways, sorry for my mini-rant inside of your topic, but I was using it as an example of how to possibly take care of your sibling situation or maybe get some ideas out of it. She needs to get disciplined, there is no doubt about it.

Tessu
Jul 17, 2008, 11:54 PM
This is the problem. I cannot take this into my own hands. It is entirely up to my parents to raise her properly. Even if they've utterly failed, all I can do is tell them she needs more discipline. If I try and discipline her myself, it won't work. She's not in any way afraid of me because I'm smaller than she is.

Plus, if I discipline her myself, I'LL get punished. As my mom says, I have no right to hit her or yell at her.

MetaZedlen
Jul 18, 2008, 10:40 AM
But you do know the phrase "What momma don't know, don't hurt her" right?

You really need to step up, I know it sounds hard to do because you don't want to disobey your parents, and I respect that, but when it comes to a sibling, you shouldn't care, and what exactly will happen to you if to strike back? Grounding? Who gives a fuck? It is one of the stupidest types of discipline at your age, even at your sister's age...

And about you being smaller than her, so what? If you have a little thing called rage, you won't care about physical size, being that you could kill and not care about it until you calm down (a little over-exaggerated, but you should see the point).

I am not just pulling this stuff out of my ass, I have lived it, and I kid you not, some of the stuff I told you I have done myself, and it WORKED. Yes I have been yelled at for it, but I didn't give a shit, and my sister didn't do shit to me again.

Aisha379
Jul 18, 2008, 02:47 PM
This is the problem. I cannot take this into my own hands. It is entirely up to my parents to raise her properly. Even if they've utterly failed, all I can do is tell them she needs more discipline. If I try and discipline her myself, it won't work. She's not in any way afraid of me because I'm smaller than she is.

Plus, if I discipline her myself, I'LL get punished. As my mom says, I have no right to hit her or yell at her.

I kinda understand. My sister went through a brief phase (though she never said fuck to my parents or myself - they'd beat the living crap out of her and call an exorcist probably). I was certainly faced with this "Do I ignore her or try to punish her myself?" situation though, so I can relate.

Sometimes I ignored her, sometimes I stepped in, and my parents were mad a lot but at least me telling them WHY I did it opened their eyes some.

However, its worth noting and repeating that my sister has never, ever, been as much of a demonic possessed bitch like your sister - not even close. Remotely. I also know how your parents are a little....psychotic...so I can't really foresee what might happen if you try to take action.

Its certainly not a happy situation though...knowing you, I'd probably recommend trying to ignore it to the best of your ability. Maybe get out of the house when it starts. I honestly can't see anyone in your family single-handedly changing your sisters attitude, and I think you trying to on your own, not only lacking the support of your parents but actually having them go against you, is just going to cause even more stress on you...

Eventually something will happen to snap your sister out of her bitch-fest. It may not be in your place to though...

Fossil
Jul 18, 2008, 02:59 PM

How do you expect this situation with your sister to get any better if you don't do anything to at least help it? If you don't want to discipline her, fine, that's understandable I guess, but at least say something to your parents. They aren't gods, they aren't perfect, everyone needs a push or a slap in the face(not literally) every once in a while.

And size doesn't matter, I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, but it sounds like an excuse or a reason not to teach your sister a lesson. And your mother is right, you don't have a right, but she does and it doesn't sound LIKE she does. Where is your mom in all of this? Is it just your dad who gets punked around by your sister or does your mom put up with her crap as well?

SStrikerR
Jul 18, 2008, 04:59 PM
*packs bags*

Get off my garbage you crazy kid!

Also, you could get a box and ship her off to militry school on christmas eve while she's asleep. A christmas present for 3/4 of the family to enjoy! (assuming it's just you 4)
Then you can use her shampoo all you want and sell her shit on ebay =D

Adriano
Jul 19, 2008, 01:08 AM
Situations exactly like this lead to a few mental break downs in my house, I feel for you tessu. :disapprove:

I must say though, it's really unheard of by me that somebody can have such an aggressive younger sibling...I was the younger one, and the more passive one, it seems youre passive aswell.

All I can say is the situation now is, we don't speak much, I talk to her friends more than I talk to her. :lol:

Tessu
Jul 19, 2008, 01:27 AM
How do you expect this situation with your sister to get any better if you don't do anything to at least help it? If you don't want to discipline her, fine, that's understandable I guess, but at least say something to your parents. They aren't gods, they aren't perfect, everyone needs a push or a slap in the face(not literally) every once in a while.

And size doesn't matter, I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, but it sounds like an excuse or a reason not to teach your sister a lesson. And your mother is right, you don't have a right, but she does and it doesn't sound LIKE she does. Where is your mom in all of this? Is it just your dad who gets punked around by your sister or does your mom put up with her crap as well?

I tell them about it all the time. This is how it goes:
Tess: Mom, can't you hear the way she's acting?
Mom: Yeah, she's being a big brat.
Tess: She needs a lot more discipline, mom. You should take her privileges away for once.
Mom: Yeah.
Nothing gets done.
Then I talk to my dad, and he just sits there silently, or goes off into a rant about what a big brat she is.

My mom's a bit better about it than my dad is. My dad just totally takes it. But my mom's efforts to control her either don't work or they don't work well.

And you're right. I don't want to discipline her. She's not my kid. But you have to understand that size DOES matter. I'm really frail. I can barely lift a gallon of milk. If I hit her, it'll send some vibrations through her arm. If she hits me, I'll go flying against the wall. Period.

Adriano
Jul 19, 2008, 01:30 AM
And it's just the two of you girls?
All of a sudden the aggressive little sister is starting to make sense, if she's bigger than you, then I don't see what you can do to discipline her, other than what you've been doing, pointing things out to your parents.
Sooner or later, either your parents will get tired of you telling them about what she's doing, or tired of her actually doing things, for them to take action, well hopefully.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 19, 2008, 09:05 AM
I would say send her to bootcamp or at least to a martial arts class with a very strict, disciplinary instructor who will give her hell if she mis-behaved. I remember when I was in Tae Kwon Do, and this little kid was being all spoiled, not saying "Yes Sir!" when he was called out, thinking he was better than everyone else like the spoiled brat he was. My instructor got pissed and just brought the hammer down, he yelled at him, made him do push-ups, and humiliated him in front of the class, and continued even though the kid was in tears. Your sister needs someone like that to set her straight, not only physical, but mental punishment as well.

Aisha379
Jul 19, 2008, 11:37 AM
I tell them about it all the time. This is how it goes:
Tess: Mom, can't you hear the way she's acting?
Mom: Yeah, she's being a big brat.
Tess: She needs a lot more discipline, mom. You should take her privileges away for once.
Mom: Yeah.
Nothing gets done.
Then I talk to my dad, and he just sits there silently, or goes off into a rant about what a big brat she is.

My mom's a bit better about it than my dad is. My dad just totally takes it. But my mom's efforts to control her either don't work or they don't work well.

And you're right. I don't want to discipline her. She's not my kid. But you have to understand that size DOES matter. I'm really frail. I can barely lift a gallon of milk. If I hit her, it'll send some vibrations through her arm. If she hits me, I'll go flying against the wall. Period.

Well, you can't really force your parents to do anything...they have to (eventually) step up on their own. Maybe one day she'll just push them so much that they'll do something about it.

Also, I can send my sister over there to kick your sisters butt if you want. And I have absolutely no doubt in mind she could do it either (She was once paired to spar with a 25 year old male in Tae Kwon Do...and won o_o)