PDA

View Full Version : Starting multiplayer help

Stevil
Jun 27, 2008, 04:49 PM
'Ello All,

I've recently got my hands on the gamecube version of PSO Eps 1 & 2, I got it purely for the split screen multiplayer gaming action (I've got PSU on 360 for live play, wanted some offline play for me and the missus). Now my problem is, we boot up the game, go into multiplayer and once in there we can only talk to the shop owners.

My guess, rather than being a bug, this is something to do with the multiplayer mode? Do we have to unlock stuff in single player first? Does a certain player have to do the talking? Do people have to be talking to the same person at the same time?

I'm sure it's something simple, rather than waste countless hours trying to figure out something so simple. I thought I'd jsut ask the kind friendly people at PSO world ;)

Any help/advice you can offer on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

AlexCraig
Jun 27, 2008, 04:54 PM
In offline multiplayer mode, you can only talk to the shopkeepers and check room lady.

Really, it is best to balance single and multi modes. You can gain more that way, and even do the story. Not to mention you gain more levels. Those will help you get to higher modes in multiplayer (ie. Hard, Very Hard, and Ultimate). The higher the mode, the higher the chance for better stuff and more of a challenge.

Stevil
Jun 27, 2008, 04:59 PM
So if they're the only people we're able to talk to, how do we go about starting quests? By the sounds of it, I'm guessing we have to do it via single player and unlock certain areas?

If this is the case, does only one person have to have that area unlocked? or do both of us need to?

Thanks again for your help :D

AlexCraig
Jun 27, 2008, 05:04 PM
Single player is the only way to do quests, talk to the people, and perminently unlock other areas to play in. If right from the get-go you started on multiplayer, the only place you can go to is the forest. Then you can go to the caves, mines, and ruins upon beating each area. Once you beat them in single player, you can immediately go to the other places as long as you are player one.

The game will go off of the data for player 1.

Stevil
Jun 27, 2008, 05:09 PM
Single player is the only way to do quests, talk to the people, and perminently unlock other areas to play in. If right from the get-go you started on multiplayer, the only place you can go to is the forest. Then you can go to the caves, mines, and ruins upon beating each area. Once you beat them in single player, you can immediately go to the other places as long as you are player one.

The game will go off of the data for player 1.

Alright =D Thanks. I'll have a go at that this afternoon

AlexCraig
Jun 27, 2008, 05:10 PM
Good luck and happy hunting! ^^

furrypaws
Jun 27, 2008, 07:09 PM
If you're still wondering, to get to the Forest, when you begin in the room, leave the room and immediately turn right into what looks like a wall. It will change, open, and give access to a teleporter, which should have all the levels player one has unlocked in single player. In case you missed that (since I'm not the greatest at explaining things), when you go to the bank, turn around, and run straight towards the wall ahead.

If that wasn't your problem, then ignore my post.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 27, 2008, 08:19 PM
I think I've seen you on PSU. Though I doubt it, since your on 360.

On topic: By the way, you can't do quests offline multi, it's limited to running through the areas. Totally worth it though. :)

Dragoon1990
Aug 15, 2008, 09:07 PM
If your new to the game you and to go pro with multi you should try challenge mode, which is one of my personal favorites because it builds up team work skills and if you get some good rattings You get good stuff. But thats just me When I use to be on PSOX I always play Challenge mode with a few Friends online and offline.

OH yeah Good luck with the Multi Hope things go your way

AlexCraig
Aug 15, 2008, 09:24 PM
No bumping old threads if you please. By the time you have made this, I am sure his efforts are well under-way.