PDA

View Full Version : DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2Xtreme
Jan 26, 2003, 03:17 PM
All my characters are gone!!! Just a minute ago, I went to join a team on Antares 8, and I warped in. The first little saving thing came up, and just as it was disappearing, another message that said "The line was disconnected. Press Start button." popped up. I pressed start, and it said my characters are corrupted and must be deleted. I tried everying you guys told me to do, but to no avail. Now I have 4 blocks sitting there saying "NO DATA". Isn't that just great!

Jesus, I'm pissed.

Eden
Jan 26, 2003, 03:25 PM
Sorry to hear that bud....I'll be glad to help you out if you need it (of course, AFTER sonic team fixes these damn bugs) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

BWS-1
Jan 26, 2003, 03:27 PM
Ack, that keeps on comfirming the "Sad Truth" ...

poop = 2edosipeOSP + CG

Makes me recall of the days when that used to happen on DC ... at least back in those days you couldn't get more then one char corrupted at the same time ... and it kinda happend less often. Gees what's with the Gamecube? I mean, is it the cube's fault or the game's fault? Does that kind of crap happen with all the other GC game's saves? Or is it that there is a curse that has fallen on PSO episode2?

*sight

Johan
Jan 26, 2003, 03:35 PM
Gaaah. Well, I'm DEFINITELY not going online now. It hits too close to home when someone whose guild card you have gets corrupted.

Interesting to see that you don't even have to FSOD to get corrupted... just get disconnected during the second save. Reeeaaaaal nice, Sonic Team.

Perfect_Evo
Jan 26, 2003, 03:35 PM
ugh, makes me scared to go online

Bloodberry
Jan 26, 2003, 03:37 PM
something to do with PSO, haven't happened at all with any other game.

and wow that stinks, sorry http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Outlaw24
Jan 26, 2003, 03:38 PM
well, it said line disconnected press start...and if it was still saving and you pressed start that means you cut it half way into the save, ofcourse it would get corrupted, it was your fault on this one sorry, and to explain the corruptions before, it was the worm that caused all the lag and FSODs. Things are back to normal now and you shouldnt see any character corruptions anymore. Ever wonder why everything happened on saturday?

BWS-1
Jan 26, 2003, 03:44 PM
huh, but that would be stupid form the game. I mean, why would the game tell you to press start when it is still saving? Of all the games I've played, for as long as it is saving, you just can't make the save crash other then by reseting the machine. And if the games tells you "press start to restart, line has been disconnected" or somethign like that, and lets you restart the game, WHILE IT WAS SAVING, then the game has a MAJOR bug, can't really be the fault of the player in such situation ya know

BlankTK
Jan 26, 2003, 05:07 PM
Outlaw, the corruptions and fsods began on friday, the worm didnt attack until late friday early saturday correct? Im pretty sure corruptions were occuring before the worm. Either way this new save is volatile.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 26, 2003, 06:03 PM
(Polls)
Are you on broadband or dialup modem?
If broadband, are you on a shared connection?
If shared, were other people using the network?

Smash
Jan 26, 2003, 06:05 PM
that sux so bad. i would rather have dupers anyday then have to be scared to go online because my character file is probably going to be corrupt. this really sucks!!!

PS
200 posts http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Smash on 2003-01-26 15:11 ]</font>

Vantamiath
Jan 26, 2003, 06:10 PM
Perhaps the PSO gods saw it fit to delete you for carrying SOURCES name.

Guntz348
Jan 26, 2003, 06:15 PM
On 2003-01-26 12:38, Outlaw24 wrote:
well, it said line disconnected press start...and if it was still saving and you pressed start that means you cut it half way into the save, ofcourse it would get corrupted, it was your fault on this one sorry, and to explain the corruptions before, it was the worm that caused all the lag and FSODs. Things are back to normal now and you shouldnt see any character corruptions anymore. Ever wonder why everything happened on saturday?

This started happening on late thursday early friday, the worm didnt hit till saturday morning.

Eden
Jan 26, 2003, 06:23 PM
Perhaps, all of these corruptions could be a sign from the PSO Gods. A sign for what though?

Eum
Jan 26, 2003, 06:25 PM
Sorry for your luck. ;_; Happened to me too, right after doing C1-C6.

Guntz348
Jan 26, 2003, 06:27 PM
On 2003-01-26 15:23, Eden wrote:
Perhaps, all of these corruptions could be a sign from the PSO Gods. A sign for what though?

It's all over people, we don't have a prayer!! - Name that reverend http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SMACKTARD
Jan 26, 2003, 07:02 PM
lovejoy?

Hunter4life
Jan 26, 2003, 08:32 PM
ugh. that sucks. Great, now im freaked to go online when i've been waiting 2 months. *sigh*

Guntz348
Jan 26, 2003, 08:40 PM
On 2003-01-26 16:02, SMACKTARD wrote:
lovejoy?

Good job, you win a cookie http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

2Xtreme
Jan 26, 2003, 09:04 PM
and if it was still saving and you pressed start that means you cut it half way into the save, ofcourse it would get corrupted, it was your fault on this one sorry

If you read my post more carefully, you'd notice that I disconected between the two saves, but not during either of them. And of course I wouldn't have pressed start in the middle of a save, if it had happened as you describe it.

MoggieK
Jan 27, 2003, 03:22 AM
I can easily say this, PSO Ep1&2 was not tested for bugs for both online and offline gamine well enough. You can see that the English version has it's many flaws and mistakes (Now Dailling? Your account will last untill?). It feels as if this game is just a Beta. And with Sonic Team trying to fix problems, it makes more problems. Including those 102 errors that just seem to pop out of nowhere and is ignored.

I am sure there are other ways to combat duping. Why doesn't the second save actually saves BEFORE the game play beings, away from the safe zone and so on.

ST really... REALLY needs to check through this game one more time and find the errors. It feels so importish right now and shares a large load of errors.

Kurosatsu
Jan 27, 2003, 05:05 AM
God i just got online for the first time last night and i come onto pso-world and read about this i'm seriously considering not going online anymore, and if i do it will be to trade and i have a dummy memory card of characters for that. you know its bad when you have four memory cards for two games :-/

Yume
Jan 27, 2003, 05:33 AM
I've been scared to go online for a few days -- a good friend of mine said it was most likely the worm's fault for everyones corrupted characters, but this started up a few days prior to the worm.. others say it happened as a result of Sonic Team fixing the Dupe problem that created this.. what I'm basically saying is, what's going to happen? If it is Sonic Team's fault, are they even going to bother fixing it?
I've been lurking various PSO messageboards to get some clear ideas and answers, but I'm still terrified of what's going to happen if I go online. The game isn't half as fun when you're just limited to playing offline.. Blah.
Something else I was curious about -- are you guaranteed to get screwed after the second save point online? Or will something have to happen to trigger it corrupting you after the second save?
Meh, all in all though, it seems Sonic Team has been especially careless about PSO Ep I & II either way...

Sedyne
Jan 27, 2003, 06:37 AM
On 2003-01-26 12:17, 2Xtreme wrote:
All my characters are gone!!! Just a minute ago, I went to join a team on Antares 8, and I warped in. The first little saving thing came up, and just as it was disappearing, another message that said "The line was disconnected. Press Start button." popped up. I pressed start, and it said my characters are corrupted and must be deleted. I tried everying you guys told me to do, but to no avail. Now I have 4 blocks sitting there saying "NO DATA". Isn't that just great!

Jesus, I'm pissed.

It's fun starting over =^_^= I'd know! I've done it 5 times hehehe

Mute
Jan 27, 2003, 09:33 AM
...or perhaps it's all a rumor, spread by angered dupers. They've just had a serious blow to their cheating livelihood and could possibly be trying to scare everyone off, in essence, to get ST to undo the second save. In any case, I don't see how it really matters. It is just a game afterall. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

rena-ko
Jan 27, 2003, 09:49 AM
so youre saying everyone here having reported chara-loss is actually a duper making it all up?
i really dont think so.

Mute
Jan 27, 2003, 10:08 AM
One could say that I've got my SOURCEs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Now this is just speculation, don't get your panties in a knot. And, if in fact, the corruption proves true, don't take my comments personally (not directed at you rena). It IS just a game afterall. ^_^

2Xtreme
Jan 27, 2003, 10:23 AM
One could say that I've got my SOURCEs. Now this is just speculation, don't get your panties in a knot. And, if in fact, the corruption proves true, don't take my comments personally (not directed at you rena). It IS just a game afterall. ^_^

That had better not have been a shot at me. Ask anyone who's been around PSOW for a god amount of time, or anyone that I've played with; I'm one of the most legit people on PSO. Simply because you can't get more legit than truly 100% legit like me.

Mute
Jan 27, 2003, 10:26 AM
Please refer to my previous post above ^

"if in fact, the corruption proves true, don't take my comments personally"

kthx http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mute on 2003-01-27 07:27 ]</font>

2Xtreme
Jan 27, 2003, 10:39 AM
Mute:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=39748&forum=11&0

Mute
Jan 27, 2003, 10:59 AM
2X - I replied.

To keep on with this topic, I'm just gonna suggest that everyone checks out 2X's rant. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mute on 2003-01-27 08:00 ]</font>

Tigger
Jan 27, 2003, 11:19 AM
On 2003-01-26 12:35, Johan wrote:
Gaaah. Well, I'm DEFINITELY not going online now. It hits too close to home when someone whose guild card you have gets corrupted.

I agree, I'll probably still be online but I'm definately not going into any games unless I use a seperate memory card. (which means starting over with a junk character, but it's better then having over 100 hours of work deleted)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tigger on 2003-01-27 08:20 ]</font>

Kiah
Jan 27, 2003, 11:37 AM
Well if the whole thing is supposed to be fine now (as of yesterday) why did my character files get corrupted late last night? Odd. See the line didn't disconnect but rather, the whole gamecube FROZE on me. It made a weird buzzing noise and wouldn't stop, the game was frozen, unmoving as I had entered a new game and it was saving. I tried hitting reset (which automatically saves the game) but to no avail, it stuck there. I had to shut it off. Upon starting up the game again I find a nice message waiting for me saying that all my character data files are corrupted and must be deleted. The answers available to me were yes and no. If you hit no it would just bring up the same message leaving me with one conclusion. I must let it delete. I can't believe it happened and it'd ludicrous. I've had problems with the line cutting out on me alot but I usually just lose all the items that are not equipped on my character. I've lost some important items and I wasn't duping, hell, I don't even know how to dupe. But it Froze up and that's the third time it's happened. Has this occurred in anyone else's system?

gimmeabreak
Jan 27, 2003, 11:50 AM
looks like ill be cancelling my hl as long as this double save crap is still on there

Amarant
Jan 27, 2003, 02:02 PM
Hello, BWS-1 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nice to see that you are still alive:)

Whats up, do you play the Gamecube version?

If so, nice, i soon get ver.1.1, so i can visit the US ships, im on 1.0 now.

I hope to meet you again, someday:)

See you!

Blenjar
Jan 27, 2003, 02:50 PM
Damn...that sux real bad... I hope that wont happen to me.

Noco-Esmaj
Jan 27, 2003, 03:16 PM
On 2003-01-27 08:37, Kiah wrote:
Well if the whole thing is supposed to be fine now (as of yesterday) why did my character files get corrupted late last night? Odd. See the line didn't disconnect but rather, the whole gamecube FROZE on me. It made a weird buzzing noise and wouldn't stop, the game was frozen, unmoving as I had entered a new game and it was saving. I tried hitting reset (which automatically saves the game) but to no avail, it stuck there. I had to shut it off. Upon starting up the game again I find a nice message waiting for me saying that all my character data files are corrupted and must be deleted. The answers available to me were yes and no. If you hit no it would just bring up the same message leaving me with one conclusion. I must let it delete. I can't believe it happened and it'd ludicrous. I've had problems with the line cutting out on me alot but I usually just lose all the items that are not equipped on my character. I've lost some important items and I wasn't duping, hell, I don't even know how to dupe. But it Froze up and that's the third time it's happened. Has this occurred in anyone else's system?

This is just a suggestion. I've personally never had a frozen screen, but what if when the screen freezes you turn off the gamecube and pull the memory card out. Then turn the GC back on. It'll probably ask you for a memory card or something. Then turn off the GC and put in the memory card. Turn on GC and find out what happens. I'm thinking that the information on the card will not get erased by the GC if it's not in the GC.
Like I said, I've never had this problem but this might be an option to try the next time you get FSOD.
Hope it works out for you and for all.

Kune

HC82
Jan 27, 2003, 05:08 PM
Eh, it corrupts all your characters? I planned to go for another 2 months, but seeing how tons of people are getting FSOD I'll just cancel my HL now. I'll ride out the remaining week and a half left on my HL and the following month.

Just having your character deleted is one thing, but all your characters is just flat out horrible.

ShadowPunisher
Jan 28, 2003, 12:28 AM
hey Kiah, the same thing happend to me and my memory card became corrupted too.

DELTRON_ZERO
Jan 28, 2003, 07:52 AM
i have yet to get fsod or corrupt...i used to get fsod everyday guaranteed...but i aint been fsod'd in awhile...my character is lvl 130...and i went from lvl 127 to 130 all online with joining multiple games so maybe it might be something special i dont know im doing...o well...it aint happend yet...and i like pso so much that if it were to happen i probably would just start at lvl 1 again and ina month be lvl 130 again so =/ people are taking the whole double save/corruption thing too seriously..just my opinion...but..knowing my luck..next time im on pso...BAM..corruption..i hope not..but we'll see..

-mmmmm

Webapprentice
Jan 28, 2003, 09:15 AM
Well, if swarms of people cancel their Hunter's License in a short amount of time, Sega might notice the unusual trend and investigate.

Eden
Jan 28, 2003, 11:06 AM
I just had a dream that my character got corrupted.... actually it was a nightmare. !!!! I now have a deeper understanding for the situation here...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eden on 2003-01-28 08:07 ]</font>

00JOE
Jan 28, 2003, 04:27 PM
You and a million others, almost literlally.

Chrono1290
Jan 28, 2003, 06:34 PM
GAH same thing happend to me 30 MINUTES AGO, im so mad, gah!!

Courtney
Jan 28, 2003, 07:53 PM
It told me the line was disconnected once but for some reason my data wasnt corrupted and i just had to reget online.Its happened to my sis and didnt delete the data
i really dont get it why did it delete yours and not? I
wonder if having your file corrupted has something to do when your online.Maybe its from being online and like duping and taking stuff from dupers.what do u think?

mystic_knight
Jan 28, 2003, 08:11 PM
On 2003-01-28 16:53, Courtney wrote:
It told me the line was disconnected once but for some reason my data wasnt corrupted and i just had to reget online.Its happened to my sis and didnt delete the data
i really dont get it why did it delete yours and not? I
wonder if having your file corrupted has something to do when your online.Maybe its from being online and like duping and taking stuff from dupers.what do u think?

He said he got corrupted while he got disconnected while SAVING. People get disconnected all the time, just not during saves. Also, as he stated earlier, he doesn't dupe or use dupes. Believe him or not when he says this, I believe he is telling the truth, your opinion may vary though. Plus the fact that someone has dupes does not disconnect them during a save...it makes no sense.

Inu-Yasha
Jan 29, 2003, 02:58 AM
I had something like that happen to me as well. It wasn't my character though, but all my items and mags!!! A friend of mine turned off his gamecube before I had a chance to save, and I lost everything that I did not have equiped. I lost my 3 Boomah's Claws! 1 Photon Drop, and my Sato Mag. ;_; So, becareful, and don't learn it my way.

Khabarakh
Jan 29, 2003, 06:05 PM
??? Can't you just press [start+B+A+XorY] to avoid that kind of thing? I do it all the time, and nothing corruptable hass happened to me exept once...

HunterXHunter
Jan 30, 2003, 07:34 PM
Well for one where are the all the corruptions on a Offical Gamecube Memory Card cause I know I lost my guys once cause I was using an offbrand and I got FSOD and corrupted when my first time online.

Either way as much as getting corrupted scares me this talk about Action Reply scares me more.
I don't want another DC repeat of Sh*t going straight to hell. I mean it was bad...plus majority of American PSO players just cant control cheating its gonna escalate out of control like last time.

Well I sure hope GameShark doesnt take a part in any of the code makings cause after that fight they had with Sega they really screwed up PSO without getting their hands dirty.

I wish there was some type of way we could fight back from having a cheat device active for GC.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

Inu-Yasha
Feb 20, 2003, 04:27 AM
Oh!... Hush you! ;P